Thread: (M) The Reclamation of the North IC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) The Reclamation of the North IC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

The Reclamation of the North

History is written by the survivors, but only after the brave have cleared the way.

OOC here and still wide open!

The Bells of the Lonely Moor watchtower struck the dawn hour for the small hilly village. The guard upon the Wall shook the cold from their limbs as shifts began to change. Normally this would just be another day for the stalwart warriors, but news had come from the capital of Wardia of Lancing Light. An envoy was en route to Exer's Wall, the blizzards have slowed and for the first time in centuries a clear sky appears overhead. A cold iron blue sky...but still a clear sky, many residents were unsure if this would be an omen of good fortune or a harbinger of disaster like the calm before a storm of the century opens up on them.

No one knew, but as the swiftest of the War Bands ran South with the news all could assume change was on it's way. Lancing Light was nearly two weeks away from the snow cloaked outpost, no one knew when the snows would come back, this left much of the town on the edge of their sanity with impatience. Many foolish young souls have tried to jump the wall and venture into the great unknown eager to make names for themselves. Luckily with the likes of Captain Adalsteinn of the Royal Guard patrolling the walls they never succeeded in their suicides. Still the curiosity bubbled up in the backs of everyone's minds, what was out there? Ice Giants? Novigard Warriors? maybe even their own people frozen forever as the last horrors of Diamonddust Plague took them from this mortal plane? No one knew, but everyone wondered.

The sun began it's faithful ascent into the heavens as the town slowly shook itself awake. The envoy should be in the town before mid morning, but until then it would be business as usual.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Suthri snorted as he walked. Even with his thick cloak and even thicker fur, walking for hours in the biting cold took a toll. His breath turned to fog in front of his nose. On his back, his yew longbow remained in easy reach. His hooves made a clopping sound on the frozen road, creating a constant, monotonous noise that would have bored him to death on any other day. But not today. Today, he was going over the wall. Him and his companions, those stoic folk. None had his zest for life. They were like stone walls to talk to.

He traveled in silence, for the most part, only breaking the nervous tension with a cough. Finally, he couldn't take the unbearable quietude any more. It was driving him insane.

"So... we're going over the wall today. What do you think we'll find?" He looked around to his comrades, hoping somebody would answer.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 07-10-2020 at 01:46 AM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ulla snorted at the Goat's attempts at conversation. "Ah dinnae ken Suthri, prolly naught but snow an' death." The female grunted pulling her cloak tighter around her. She's never been a morning beast, and seeing as she didn't sleep well meant she was even less eager for social interaction.

But it was her turn to serve as a guard, and even she couldn't manage to be miserable and not talk for twelve hours straight. Her staff clacked lightly along the cold stones of the road leading to the base of Exer's Wall. The Goat just happened to be on the same schedule as her and was simply going the same way. "Ah might nae even bother goin'. Let the North stay lost in my opinion." She grumbled knocking some icicles off the eaves of a house as she passed.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50