Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of Arcanum (OOC)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Name: Orin Skysong
    Race: Human
    Appearance:

Orin stands at an all too average 5’10” in height. His hair is the colour of burnt charcoal, and falls down between his shoulder blades. He keeps his hair in a loosely gathered ponytail, allowing some strands to fall in front of grey-green almond shaped eyes.

Orin equips himself with a sleeveless, studded, hard leather jerkin, over a ¾ sleeve steel chainmail tunic. The rest of his arms are covered by hard leather bracers, studded similarly to his jerkin. Leather pants and a belt adjourn his lower half, finished off with shin-high steel capped military boots with a rare earth metal magnetic insole that allows him extra stability on metal surfaces, such as the deck of an airship.

For civilian and casual wear Orin simply swaps out his chainmail tunic, for a fine silk ruffle sleeved shirt, wearing his studded jerkin overtop.

Skills:
    -Proficiency with polearms
    -Navigation & map reading
    -Helmsmanship

-Basic wilderness survival
    Weapon of Choice:
    - Shortened Yari: 4.5’ bamboo and ash staff, with 1.5’ steel jümonji (cross/T shaped) blade.
    - 16” stiletto dagger, full steel construction, textured grip.
    Class: Dragoon
    Personality: Loud-mouthed, obnoxious, confident, womanizer. Orin often finds himself in trouble with his peers and those around him, with his propensity to boast and to hit on anything with two legs and perky breasts.
    Ideal: Wealth -and to a lesser extent- Freedom.
    Bond: Gold coin necklace
    Flaw: Arrogance
    History:

Life for Orin began at the age of 12, when he conscripted into the King's army, having successfully lied about his age, thanks to the fact that he had hit puberty early. For four years Orin trained in the King’s infantry as a front line soldier, day in and day out he was drilled in the use of the spear and various other polearms. At age 16 he got his first taste of combat, a major border dispute with a neighbouring fiefdom. It was there that Orin got his first taste of blood, killing six men and distinguishing himself by unhorsing and capturing a mid-level officer. Orin was given a small cut of the ransom, which, while it angered him to get so small of a cut for his own work, also gave him his thirst for wealth.

Orin served another two years in the King’s infantry. At the age of 18 Orin was given the opportunity to transfer to the newly formed Airship Brigade. Orin knew not what drew him to the skies, only that before he knew it, he was serving on the flagship of the Royal Airforce. For the next six years, Orin served in the Royal Airforce, learning many of the skills of running an airship, and eventually given command of a smaller, interceptor style of airship designed for its speed.

At the age of 24 Orin was dragged before a military tribunal. Accused of attacking and looting a number of allied merchant airships. He was set to be court marshalled and unceremoniously executed for his crimes. He escaped execution, as luck would have it, that the border dispute from earlier in his career had broken out into full-blown war. Escaping execution, but not the court marshall, he was discharged from the Royal Airforce. This however, was not the end of Orin’s service to the Royal Airforce, as he was privately contracted by the Airforce as a privateer, and given permission to attack any and all ships belonging to the enemy and their allies with impunity.

This lasted another four years until a peace accord was reached. While the temptation was there for Orin to continue raiding and looting merchant ships, he had long since learned his lesson, and the steep price of being caught and charged with piracy was not to his liking. So Orin gave up his wings, and turned to mercenary work, which is where we find him now, between contracts and looking for any sort of work as long as it pays well.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

@Denraven; Accepted! We were needing a heavy fighter. I'll have an IC up by Sunday at the latest.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I just put the IC up!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Already?!? I haven't a thing to wear!

sigh

Since we can run two characters, I'd like to propose another one - Nicolas' butler.
    @SaltyIrishman;

Name: Alfreda (Alfred) Wayfoodle Zookwínkle
    Race: Gnome
    Appearance: This wily lady has almond-shaped brown eyes that are like two bronze coins. Her silky, straight, soot-black hair is worn in a businesslike, practical style. She is short and has an athletic build. Her skin is pale. She has large hands. Her wardrobe is varied.
    Skills: Experienced stage magician, gifted in the art of disguise.
    Seamstress, capable of sewing and altering clothes.
    Gifted knife thrower and lock picker. Very good at sleight of hand.
    Can climb and perform acrobatically very well.
    Knows how to ride and handle animals, able swimmer and adept climber.
    Knows basic first aid and the use of herbs as medicines or poison.
    Good shot, better at knife throwing but is learning stick fighting.
    Very skilled butler, with some skills in cooking and baking.
    Knows a few games of chance and has a little better than average chance of winnnig.
    Weapon of Choice: Pistol, has three throwing knives hidden up her sleeve
    Class: Rogue
    Spells: None
    Personality: Pleasant, typically polite, calm and composed
    Ideal: Survival
    Bond: Her father's copy of The Book of Shadows - a collection of sayings, aphorisms and technical knowledge accumulated over the ages by various traveling conjurers. It contains various magic tricks and even some supposed non-sensible spells that have been used by many performers to enthrall the crowds - but quite harmless, since there isn't any real magic....
    Flaw: Wanted for fleeing an indentured service contract in the neighboring kingdom.
    Other: The daughter of Showman Davis Von Zooknock, the owner of Zooknock's Circus of Adventure, which would dazzle the crowd by show off various new inventions and sideshow performances - usually comedic theatrical and stage magic pieces.

As a part of her act, Alfreda was trained by her father in how to become her own "twin brother," usually accomplished using quick change as well as modifying her own mannerisms. Only a few people in the circus were aware that the twin brother was just an act, most believing "him" to actually be her brother.

A lord with a peculiar penchant for young women saw her performance and decided to force her into indentured servitude with him by buying up the show's debts and foreclosing on them. However, her father had her use her twin brother act to escape across the border into Gandomere, giving her what money he could find and his worn copy of The Book of Shadows, wrapped inside an oilskin pouch.

In the neighboring kingdom, it is believed her "brother" helped her to escape.

Her father died in Debtor's Prison.

She took her mother's maiden name as her surname and made a living as an intelligence gatherer - obtaining information about various people and events while pretending to be her brother. However, it was not steady employment. She noticed how one client was having household difficulties and mentioned it to him how he needed a butler - and was hired on the spot. It would not be unusual for him to attend various functions with a servant, who could then pump the other servants for information.

She agreed, so publicly appears as Nicolas Figgins' butler "Alfred" (The Iron Gate), managing the cook and the maid for him while keeping him supplied with the intentions and nature of several interested parties.

If he's noticed she's female, he's not said anything.
    Last edited by Enigma; 07-12-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Gladly accepted! I'll put her in with the rest of the party.

Fantasy, Parody, Supernatural and School/Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey there! I'm working on creating an CS, but I was curious if our characters could have animal companions?

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Sure, but it might take some finagling to get a larger animal companion into some places. An emperor might not like the prospect of a bear or panther in his throne room, for instance.

Fantasy, Parody, Supernatural and School/Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fair.

I'll have my CS up today then.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Nicolas isn't going to carry a gun or sword into the king's presence. He'll only have a walking stick. It's the butler who's very discretely armed.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Alright. Glad to hear it.

Enigma, I'll fix that.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast