Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RPAwards 2020- discussion

Give into Decay...
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
    That said, I really do think the Member Category should be cut down to size just a bit.
    I don't think we should get rid of these awards and instead refresh them every year. There's an overlap sure, but maybe to keep the awards feeling fresh we swap out which awards are featured each year. Downsizing in general will be better. Keep the most diverse awards and swap out the others yearly?

I also think member based awards can be fun, if the person featured was exempt. So "Most Likely to End up in Kris office" is a fun award, but, Kris shouldn't be able to win it. Maybe the same with Storm's award haha.

Also if we're doing special awards we could do a "Most Likely to Give in to Decay" and just disqualify me from winning it. That's just an example but it would allow this years awards to feel unique.

Maybe also we do a "two time champ" block on awards too. Maybe you can win the same award two years in a row, but after that you're locked out of it. Meaning I couldn't have "Most Likely to Become a Superhero" or "Best Blogger" like I did in years past. That way the same people aren't always winning.

I guess we need to ask what are the "essential awards" that should be main stays every year and what are considered "special awards" that could be swapped out to provide a more fresh award show.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I know this is a joke but it actually makes me think of a semi-related point: I know that there are non-binary members on this forum (and others who “prefer not to say”) - why not have a single Sexiest Member award instead of Sexiest Male and Sexiest Female? Just an idea.
    I like this better. It trims down the base, allows both categories to be filled up faster/easier since they're now combined, and we won't run into any problems where we could hurt a member that doesn't belong in the category we assumed they did.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I know this is a joke but it actually makes me think of a semi-related point: I know that there are non-binary members on this forum (and others who “prefer not to say”) - why not have a single Sexiest Member award instead of Sexiest Male and Sexiest Female? Just an idea.
    It used to be one award, but the guys were usually not picked for this at all (aka usually the women were almost always winning).

I do understand we have the topic of those who do not confirm to binary gender, and have always wondered how we can go with it with a twist and change, while still allowing more chances for more people to get it.

If anyone has ideas I'd be more than happy to go with it.

Another option is to ditch this one completly.

I also considered the option to change the "prince/princess" into the "Royality of RPA". (aka just one award).

Also, the squirrel award thing was part of a joke regarding our staff. We used to have one changed award for each mod (we had one for myself, juni, storm, etc.). I just need to consider what option it will be this year and say to not pick the obvious (aka don't pick Kris for most likely to end up in Kris' office ).

I want to keep it because of tradition and a little bow to the staff

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omac View Post
    Maybe also we do a "two time champ" block on awards too. Maybe you can win the same award two years in a row, but after that you're locked out of it. Meaning I couldn't have "Most Likely to Become a Superhero" or "Best Blogger" like I did in years past. That way the same people aren't always winning.
    I don't want to impose this rule, mainly since people do like to win the awards, and I want to give the option for people to get them.

I do give the option to whoever wants to opt out of the awards, or certain awards, the chance to say so.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I guess my one input to this is to say sorry I've not been around much. I don't know how many people will vote this year compared with before but kudos for keeping it running.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

neat idea to be sure, and I'd be ok with it. but I'd rather do away with the sexiest all together.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    I guess my one input to this is to say sorry I've not been around much. I don't know how many people will vote this year compared with before but kudos for keeping it running.
    Thank you

Even posting around means a lot, thank you for staying with us

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    but I'd rather do away with the sexiest all together.
    That might be the case this year

Might

>.>"

Randomly Consistent
    Fantasy/medieval settings, the high seas, and some dystopian futuristic stuff.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnafein View Post
    MY recommendation is to just open ALL awards for nomination.

Then remove all awards that do not receive at least one nomination. It's the easiest way to eliminate the unnecessary awards.
    I agree with Dnafein on this, though I haven't been around much, I remember how much fun it was, when there was a lot of activity, to see the nominations and to read the threads.

We can remind members that they don't have to nominate for every category.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Also, the squirrel award thing was part of a joke regarding our staff. We used to have one changed award for each mod (we had one for myself, juni, storm, etc.). I just need to consider what option it will be this year and say to not pick the obvious (aka don't pick Kris for most likely to end up in Kris' office ).

I want to keep it because of tradition and a little bow to the staff
    Well looking at the staff that seems to be active I think our choices are limited to....

Kris' Office

And..

um...

Uh....

Wrell looks like Kris' Office...
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I'm just more vocal, but there are people working in the background and each mod pulling their share according to their abilities and time

This year, we may have a scottie award

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    This year, we may have a scottie award
    Something with pugs...lots of pugs.

Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast