Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repurposed: the metallic opera {Rated M} [IC]

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Well, as much as I would love to, there are a few problems.” Shinkei spoke, still studying the AI Lilith. She was amazed at how well the hard light systems had held up, allowing for a mostly corporeal body enough to control the ship manually along with physically. She could even feel the minute weight as the dragon girl landed on her head, almost like wearing a hat. While she wanted nothing more than to test out the full range of the creature, it was not the best time to be pushing Vexs buttons this early in the morning. His looks already asked to kill, and she couldn’t help admiring the mans body. She sighed, mentally preparing herself for the words to come.

“For me to limit what Lilith can access, I would need full admin privileges to edit her code, and even that is not the best option. FAIS units have been known to get around even those firewalls if they deem the crew in immediate danger. It became a huge liability with the less than savory people around the quadrants.” Shin spoke, glancing upwards to the being on her head.

“Besides, I’ve taken a better look at her code. The ship is officially decommissioned, so the code is a small bit outdated. She cannot link up with the main fleet, so anything she finds out stays with us, nor does she have any capabilities to send the information onto the web, even with her accessabilities.” Shin spoke, hoping to head off the man before he got any angier with her.

“Best option, I could set the files that need their securities behind a biometric requirement to open, something that the older models of FAIS couldn’t enter. The problem is … I would need to know what files and data to lock away.” Shin spoke the last part, a bit quieter than what she would risk.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Vex grumbled weighing the options in his head before sighing in defeat. "No, don't bother I don't expect anymore stowaways so it won't matter." Crossing his arms over his chest he began leaving the girl's room.

Before he got far though Lillith fluttered up and pouted at him. "I may like picking on you Captain, but I would never send them out into the universe even if I could. I can't believe you'd need someone to tell you that otherwise. I thought we were friends."

Frowning deeply Vex sighed. "We are friends...I'm sorry Lilith." Moving down the hall he went to get dressed for the rest of the day.

Watching him go Lilith shook her head than looked back at Shinkei smiling softly. "He really is a big softy...OO I'm gonna go see if I can make him some coffee!" Giving a slightly exaggerated pose she flew swiftly down the hall a trail of electric blue snowflakes flying off her tail as she vanished around the corner heading for the galley.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“I .. have made a mistake here.” Shin spoke as she watched the two people head off, one leaving a trail of digital snowflakes. Shaking her head, she let out a sigh and she looked back to the rather comfy bed. Oh how much she would love to just fall back asleep here. Letting out a large yawn, she moved back into her room and collected the last few odds and ends. Switching her holo specs back into place, she began reading through the messages, shutting down any that didn’t need any work for them.

“Guess I should just get to work.” Shin spoke mainly to herself. Giving a stretch of her arms, she headed towards the main control board, flitting through the messages. They had already organized themselves through the most needed priority. She didn’t care to run into the others at the moment, lost in her own works as she began filling in any missing holes and repairs that the programs required.

It would take some time for her to work through them, but she eventually got the main problems solved before deciding to leave the rest to Lilith, as long as the girl had enough time to deal with them. She had noted the new files added for core changes to the machine, but that was not what she had planned on messing around with. For now though, she began working on the actual physical parts of the ship, wanting to fix up the hull and machinery as she could.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The small crew of the Gamma Burst worked the next couple of days on preparations for their first real voyage away from the hideout. Shinkei and Lilith worked on repairing most of the ship, while Vex compiled scrap to sell and brought over heavier parts to repair the ship.

They rarely spoke, letting the events of the first morning be swept under the rug. While he didn't like to admit it, seeing the Gamma Burst being restored to newly factory new was amazing to see. He'd been with the AAC for a few years, but the Gamma Burst Class of ships had been long decommissioned. Scrapped or traded in for faster and stronger models. Ships that could compete with the Confederation and Alliance fleets. In fact Lillith's Gamma Burst was the very last one made by the AAC and Vex had literally taken her out of the next in line slot to be scrapped. As such he'd never seen a ship like this in it's heyday.

He even noticed a change in the A.I. herself. Less afraid and pouty, quicker with a joke or prank, it was easy to see how an F.A.I.S. could get on the nerves of a crew though. He hoped she was smart enough to know when to let off. Still by the end of day three they were ready to fly, the course was set for Ugbor Five. Smuggler's world, but not a huge one like Cairn, small enough to go under the radar of the Confederation most of the time. And perfect for Vex to sell his junk now that the ship could make it that far. The flight itself would take around eight hours itself, so as they launched away from the Hideout they all settle in for whatever would happen next.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Shinkei gave a small cheer as the ship glided smoothly into space. The tug of artificial gravity adjusting for the sudden speed was minor, like a hook pulling on one’s belly button. She had spent 3 days working the ship over, tinkering and fixing anything she came across, scrounging everything she could from both the shops and the scraps to repair it. The all clear was a while to come in as the ship settled into a star path to get them to the scrap planet, a minor detour she had agreed upon. While she had wanted nothing more than to go hunting the bastards that had stolen her ship, money and information were the first things they would need. Shin herself needed to check just to make sure her finances were still there, as the limited wifi had been unable to access her accounts.

“She flies like new, huh?” Shin spoke as she stood up, stretching her legs as she got back into the feel of being on the move again, a slight glow about her as they flew through space. She looked about the ship, already running diagnostics upon the ship as they flew through space, making sure everything went well. Already signals and messages were pouring into her holo specs, updating her as restored systems kicked into life, sensor modules once dormant began running as it detected passing meteors, and the gentle hum under her feet a source of joy.

“Don’t be afraid to admit I’m awesome.” She bragged, posing as she stared about the ship, letting the joy of a job well done please her. The feeling was glorious, watching a ship one spent so long on running as well as fresh off the factory floor. Oh, if this man could see her flying her own personal craft, the jealousy he would feel. To watch her zipping about in that one man frigate, the stars her playground as she tweaked and defined every piece of her ships, and soon one day her own fleet if she ever got around to it.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Vex-Star simply rolled his eyes at her remark. "Let's see if we make it to Ugbar before we start patting ourselves on the backs. We still need to avoid getting blown up by the Confederacy and the AAC." Still he couldn't get eh smile off his face seeing the stars and planets blur before his eyes as Lilith pick up speed.

The little A.I. was dressed up like an old war pilot as she sat upon the navigation console steering the ship with the gleeful smile of a child finally being allowed to play outside after being cooped up inside all winter. Overall the air on the ship was light and hopeful even the stoic Mecagoth was feeling it, and as he locked the ship into autopilot he stood up still trying to hide his smile. "But I still feel this deserves a little toast, I'll see if we have anything the mess hall." Slipping his hands easily into his coat pockets he walked off to check if they had any alcohol on board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123