Thread: Into the Unknown [M] Interest Check

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Into the Unknown [M] Interest Check

A New World.

The shackles of the Old World have been broken. It does not matter who you were, or where you came from, you’re going to need all of your skills to survive this new and unknown place. Criminal, Outlaw, Noble, Royalty, your identity has been stripped from you and replaced with only a singular title; Explorer.

You have been chosen for an expedition to a previously unknown landmass. It was supposed to be a simple expedition, explore and then return home. But, Fate has a way of swooping in and causing a massive shift in your intended path. The ship that carried you to this new landmass was shattered in a rogue storm that appeared to have come from nowhere. You awaken stranded on the very shores of this landmass, with no help on the horizon and no way but forward.

Will you survive? Will you thrive?

That is up to you.

A few notes about this RP:

1. It will be rated M. (Violence, Potential Death, Disease)
    2. Posting will work a bit differently for this concept. I will be reading your posts and evaluating the resourcefulness of your characters, and how well you utilized the environment around you for any purpose (supporting your ability to track, etc).
    3. Logic will play some part in this. It will feature some fantasy elements, but for the most part it is about exploration and survival. You will come across large monsters of varying types. Some friendly, some not. There will be no unfair advantages outside of your own ingenuity in your posts.
    4. I will be GMing. I will provide descriptions and options for each of my posts about your surrounding area and what you are able to do.

Outside of those four things, it's pretty much a free sand-box type RP. Discover as you please.

Any questions, I am available to answer them!

Amazing set by .Karma.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

So what do you mean you read our posts? If you do not like them, do you give feedback, we fix it, and then we post?

Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, not at all. I mean more in terms of interactions with the environment around you to aid in story completion, if that makes sense?

Edit:

EX :
    Person A writes a post describing that they found tracks belonging to a monster, and they go on to describe that they followed a trail of broken branches with tufts of fur hanging from them to deduce where the monster was headed.

I would then deem that as a successful tracking situation and they would discover a new creature. Whereas, if they simply stated that they followed "footsteps in the mud" I would deem that as a failure to track due to the logical sense that there would be multiple sets of tracks within that environment.
    Last edited by Silent Effigy; 08-01-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Amazing set by .Karma.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What's the setting going to be? Modern, fantasy, historical, future? Will there be tech or magic?

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Is this detail-oriented game post-apocalyptic?
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

The Moonlight Knight
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Are there going to be any quests or plot lines to discover? Or is that on the writers to create?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This sounds like it could be challenging!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture