Thread: Islaetarry, academy of the arcane (1X1 Koti~ & Moonlit_Fae)[IC]

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Islaetarry, academy of the arcane (1X1 Koti~ & Moonlit_Fae)[IC]

“Why! Why did they have to put the school AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN!” Nora screamed in mild aggravation as she pulled the backpack tighter along her back, a single sling strap holding the few books she had managed to get before coming down. Though, looking upon the school, she had to admit the water filtered through what rays could reach gave it a truly surreal visual. Nora stepped through the waiting entrance, feeling like walking through a bubble to enter the place. Stretching from the crystal that shone above the central peak, the bubble surrounded the entire area, plus one hundred meters from the edge there. Turquoise and sea green stones built the main structure, spires with twirling fins stretched upwards, a total of 6 spires that she could count stretched from the very top and downwards to the main structure. The building itself shifted from the blues and greens to subtle greys and whites, looking much like a massive shell.

“Looks like the castle from Little Mermaid.” Nora whispered as she moved into the courtyard proper, looking at the bountiful students that passed by her. She saw mixtures of elves, merfolks, sirens, humans, and even some of the more obscure mythos creatures she had not expected. Closing her jaw, she went back to looking over the school, admiring the curved doors that held an open entrance, to allow for a sense of flowing air as she began moving towards the entrance again. The cool air that surrounded the place with the minor pressure made her glad to have chosen this school, despite the creeping nerves in the back of her mind about being surrounded by the ocean on all sides. Glad that her body no longer shimmered now that she was mostly on dry lands, she stopped at the entrance, reading the small note in her hand and looking around the gathering students.

“Now, I’m meant to meet with a girl named Ty? Why couldn’t they add at least a picture.” Nora grumbled to the picture as she tucked it back into the side of her backpack, fixing the items again. She rubbed her left stump, wishing already that she had decided to keep the prosthetic with her. All of her needed items had been shipped ahead in designed crates to avoid the pressure change. Which meant all she had on her were the clothes on her back, the backpack, and the vial slung around her neck. Sadly, she had to leave her van with her last adoptive family, and had no honest plans to ever get that back in any time soon. AT the moment though, all she had was the slip of paper that told her the room number, and her school guide.

“For being a huge school, you think they would have a better greeting policy..” Nora grumbled again as she leaned against the edge of the entry way, watching for anyone who looked like a Ty.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The sun rays filtering through the water bounced off the fish swimming around a young dark skinned female. She definitely stood out of place againsnt the back splash of color that the ocean provided. Her ebony skin and intense red eyes would look like something out of a nghtmare for a newcomer. However despite being shaped by the shadows of dark caverns from above, the ocean had been her home for the past year.

Ty always ventured out into the surrounding area of the six spired school. Inside the bubble was dry but just outside she could still breath underwater freely and swim about. She did her best to not venture too far or she would surely drown. The school's magic allowed her to breath water as if it were air, but one wrong step and she would end up as shark food. Currently Ty had been racing some of the fish. She enjoyed being away from the structure of rules and intense schedules. She was happy to have a chance to learn her magic which made her a freak amongst the other dark elves, but being here at the school she was accepted.

She best learned in a free environment. Being out in the open waters she was able to push herself daily in her free time by pulsating the water around her and pushing it outward, like a strong wall. She was about to send out another burst of water, until the watch on her wrist started beeping. "Oh shit I forgot about orientation day." She gumbled to herself. Part of first day for the newbies was to have older students show them around. On her first day her preceptor never even showed. She did not want to do the same to another. Ty had been used to being left out all of her life she would not do it to others.

Using the water behind her, she manipulated it to propel her so she swiflty made it from the edge of the deep waters to the entrance of the bubble. She stopped just before and land soflty on the watery ground. Then she easily walked through the water and it opened like a veil. The air tickled her skin as she was back into dry territory. Still soaking wet she waved her arms up dramatically to call the wind to her so it could dry her off. The air around her sped up and whipped away any of the remaining water from her. The bubbles that came off of her slowly floated back to the water behind her. "Right to the courtyard." Ty made off hastily to where she was needed.

As Ty walked she easily waved to the other students. Almost everyone seemed to know her and she was on friendly terms with almost everybody. She was not stuck up or popular, she had just always helped everyone who needed it. After being kept in the dark for so long and banished from her clan, she vowed never to judge others or push them away. The scar running from her neck to her collarbone was her marking, but she showed it off proudly. It was a badge of honor to be cut off from her toxic path and be set free on this new journey.

Ty quickly found the young student looking lost and holding a piece of paper. She looked the same a year ago. "Hey, Nora is it? I'm Ty, your guide for today. I will be showing you around." she gave her the best smile she could and held out her hand in greeting.
    Last edited by Moonlit_Fae; 03-07-2021 at 02:10 AM.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

"Good to meet you, Ty." Nora responded as she shoved the paper back into her bag. With a smile, she gripped the womans outstretched hand and gave her a friendly shake, looking her over for a few moments. The girl was obviously a dark elf, if the skin and eyes were not telling enough. Her eyes wandered over the woman for a few moments, locking onto the scar that traced from her neck to collar. Had it been inflicted by a sea dweller, or maybe antoher student? It was an old wound that she could tell, and she wore it well. The woman was quite the catch too, her dark skin quite appealing to those who might be into that kind of thing.

"My name is Nora, nothing fancy though. I will admit, I was not expecting a school at the bottom of the sea." Nora spoke, motioning with her hand the entire place. It had been quite a shock when she learned of the school. Even more when she had actually come down this far to see it. Just looking at the place was still boggling her mind that this place wasn't just crushed by the pressure of the sea.

"So, first few questions that I wanna ask. What's the food like, how has this place not collapsed, and can you tell me where Grimm hall is? I do wanna see what my room looks like." Nora asked with a smile, shifting her bookbag some to settle more comfortably across her back.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ty looked the Hydra up and down. She could tell this one held power and had a certain energy about her, similiar to her own. One where there was a tragic back story. However, Ty was never one to pry. If anyone wanted to talk to her she would always lend an ear, but she never pushed anyone for anything. One of her faults really because she didn't want to be a burden on others she never knew when to ask for help. But that was neither here nor there.

"Nice to meet you Nora. Now I will give you the official tour and if you want, well then I can give you the unofficial tour." Her grin was like that of a chesire's cat. "Yes it is quite suprising to have a whole world underneath the water, let alone a school that teaches magic. I was shoked as well. I certainly thought I would die." At this moment her hand subcinsciously went to rub her scar, the only time in her life she actually thought she were going to die. Drowning would have been most welcomed at that point in her life.

Assuming Nora would follow, she began the tour. The world around them was bustling with students running off to their next classes. A few groups here and there chatting. Some students practicing magic. One hurled a fire ball to another student who doused it out with water. Another day in the life for a magical academy student.

Ty did her best to answer Nora's questions first. "The food is horrible actually. Mostly sea food, can you believe that? An underwater school and they eat their own! The better your grades are the more points you earn to spend. You can also get extra from extracurricular activites." As they made their way through the courtyard she pointed out each of the six spires. "The six spires are dedicated to each discipline of magic. The basic four elements earth air water fire. The other two are surrounded on light and dark magic. Mind if I ask what your discipline of magic is?" She held open the door for Nora. "This is the library. best place to ask for help whether from faculty or seeking out information."

"Also there are subsets to the main type of magic. For air someone could control weather, even lightening. Earth someone could learn to use metal as their power course. Fire could wield lava. There are so many different variations in magic and everyone was unique."

The tour had taken about an hour in all. It was magnificient but not that hard to navigate. There was the mess hall, library, six spires to study in, and the sleeping halls. The grounds Ty had not shown her yet, but did not want to bother Nora too much on her first day. They ended at Grimm Hall. It was a small rectangular stone building, not attached to the main school. All first years stayed here and it was a glorified cramped bunker hall. Two people to a room and only one bathroom for each floor all the students had to share. Ty did not miss those days.

"I can bring you inside if you want, or leave you from here." Ty absent mindedly began to play with the end of her unruly pony tail, her long fingers twirling among the mass of curls.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Nora followed along quietly for the most part, just soaking up the school grounds as she was taken around. The information was helpful to have, yet the comment about the food was humorous. An entirely seafood based diet might not be the worst she ever had, but would be a struggle to fill up on that. When questioned about her magic, took a moment to commit to knowledge of the different fields, noting right away the ones for water and possibly dark. She hadn’t gotten enough time to really understand her hydric magic, figuring that she would at least have water. Eventually they had landed themselves at the edge of her dorm room, leaving her feeling a bit uncomfortable. It reminded her of the orphanage she had spent a lot of her life at. Already she felt a nagging feeling of regret for deciding to come here.

“This place is much large than I thought it would be, and hopefully I can earn enough points to get some more of the delective foods rather than salmon or oysters. As for magic.. I know I have water, but I might also try dark. I never really bothered to learn about my magic other than what I learned through muscle memory.” Nora began, having turned to look at the towers again as she picked out the water and dark towers. Magic was still a foreign concept to her, so it would be fun to learn.

“That’ll be for later though, so no worries on it. The question then becomes, you mentioned an unofficial tour? I have some ideas of what campuses are like on the surface, so I can guess magic schools based under the sea are somewhat similar?” Nora spoke, letting a coy smile slip onto her face as she looked around the students that were just leaving for their classes, or heading to the dorm for sleep from late classes.

“Though, I’m gonna pop inside to toss my bag inside, if you don’t mind waiting?” Nora asked as she pointed with her good thumb to the dorm, waiting to see the young womans response.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ty nodded as she listened to Nora. "Most students seem to have water magic. It must be what pulls all of us here. I still don't really understand magic either. I also have water and air is my second magical calling. I doubt i have any others." She laughed nervously. In her memeories she recalled all the times she was beaten for not being able to call to the darknes just like all of her people could. The harsh sting from her father's hand, the many beating and bruised skin.She shivered even though the climate was always tropical down here. This was not the time or place to succumb to the dark memories of the past. Right now she was needed and would help this new student.

Ty looked at Nora's coy smile and couldn't help but smile. It was a cute smile on her and she liked to make others happy. "Oh yes there is so much going on others do not know about. I will show you all of the places students test their magic and get into trouble." She gave her a wink. Then she felt stupid right after. Why was she trying to flirt and be cool? That was not her style.

"Um yeah head on up and I will just wait here."Ty did not want to push herself onto a potentially new friend. Nora would need a few moments to take in her new room and meet her roommate. Ty would not suffocate her. "I'll just be here practicing magic." She then turned around and began to make small swirls of wind around her fingers, letting it serpentine between her hands.

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Nora nodded thankfully before moving through the doorway, waving to the matron of the dorm. It was an older lady, a strange lily sitting on her head as she sat reading a book. Nora moved up to the desk, pulling out the information she needed to gather her room. The woman barely looked up as she glanced at the information before slipping a key through the slot. Disturbed by the silence, Nora took the key thankfully and moved off to the room, noting the common room and small dining area on the bottom floor. Moving up to the second floor, she could already see others mulling about, some women moving into a room labeled as the washroom. She took a moment to peek inside, noting the spacious design and the separated stalls for showers.

'I'll inspect that later' Nora spoke as she left the room and headed into her own room. She noted the plain walls and all her stuff stored on top of the bed. She would need to decorate later, but for now there was one thing she was looking for. Tossing the bag to the side, she moved to her prize, a large black case that was carefully laid at the head of the bed. Popping it open, she stared down at the prosthetic arm inside the case, glad that it had survived the trip down. Closing it again, she picked it up and laid it out on the provided desk, not wanting to go through the hassle of setting it up now.

With everything settled aside, Nora made her way back down to the entrance, quickly finding Ty still out there, working through her magic. She remained silent for a few moments before finally moving forward.

"Thank you for waiting. So, lets see this magic training place." Nora spoke with an eager tone.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ty smiled as Nora came back out. She was hoping she wouldn't forget about her. It had happened before. A quick memory flash hit her of trying to play with the other kids when she was younger. The kids would manipulate the shadows and use them to teleport as they played tag. Ty could only keep up with using the air around her to propel her like she was flying, letting the air currents of the cave float her tiny body around. The other kids called her freak and would hit her from all angles of the shadows until she fell to the ground and sustained multiple bruises. She shivered quickly and put those thoughts to rest. She was in a safe place now and accepted. She was stronger and wouldn't be bullied again.

"Ok come this way!" She said with enthusiasm as she led Nora to the outskirts of the school. The wall of water was high above them enclosed around the school. Rabdom fish and other sea creatures swam in the water just beyond.

"Ready?" She said as she easily jumped into the water and floated there, her red eyes waiting for Nora. The good thing about this magical school was still being able to converse even when in water. Once Nora was in the water with her she swam along beside her as she took her to just the magical edge of the school

"Do you see those marks in the sand? They're very faint but these are magical runes. You can use their energy to focus your magic and practice in the open sea. It's much safer because magic can just be shot off in any direction and not hurt anyone. The sea life swim about but know better than to get close to these runes."

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Nora felt great as she slipped back into the waters, wishing she had taken the time to change into a bathing suit. While she knew they would be underwater, she didn’t think that the school would have much actual water acts while learning, outside of combat. She could feel her skin prickle while she adjusted to the pressure around her body, letting out a sigh that came up as bubbles. Already she could feel the strength of the oceans swirling around her. Stronger than ever before when she had been at the beach. The feint words of her mother warning about entering the deep oceans came up, but she pushed them aside for the moment.

“Cool, a safe spot to practice at least. With how many water mages here, it must be very common for them.” Nora spoke as she swam closer to the grounds, allowing the magic to deepen, almost like goose bumps traveling along her skin. Settling down near the runes, she let out a deep sigh and let the magic feeling envelop her, before commanding it. Dark water condensed and surrounded her small stump, becoming a deep lavender arm ending in a clawed appendage. She smiled at it while swinging it around, feeling the weight of the water as she moved it around.

“Ah, feels good to be back with the water. How about you?” Nora asked, turning to look back at Ty.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ty watched Nora very impressed. She watched as the limb grew from magic, her mouth open from awe. "That is amazing. You are amazing!", she said to give praise to her new friend. "How did you learn something like that? Are you sure you are just a freshman? Magic like that I am sure you could test to go up a few levels. Hell, you might even surpass me!" Ty giggled. Then her brow furrowed. "Sorry, sometimes I can ramble and talk too mcuh..."

Letting the akward moment pass she siwlred around the water, encricling Nora. "Would you want to spar? We can test your skills. There is a colosseum of sorts on the other end. We could tag team two other students or fight eachother. What do yo say?"