Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default Midnight Flight From Vampires {IC}{M}{J'Von & ADN}

Midnight Flight From Vampires
    Chapter 2 of Midnight Club For Vampires
    By Angel Della Notte and J'von

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

It had been two days since the club had been shot up by the council's hitman. Miraculously Amelia and Walker had managed to get out alive. Suko and Laurel had met up with them briefly where it was Laurel's law enforcement knowledge that helped them out this time. She had leaned on several of her contacts in the underworld to get them new Ids not wanting to use any of Suko's contacts as it was likely the council would know who they used. From there she ensured they all broke their phones and switched to burner phones bought all over the city both legally and illegally. They had enough phones for each of them to switch phones every three days for about four weeks. From there Laurel's new alias Jessica Summers bought a car with cash while Walker also bought one. The idea was for them both to head west where they each would catch a ship to Japan. They were avoiding using air travel because they would have to fly commercial or log a flight plan. They wanted to make it hard to track them.

Laurel and Suko had gone straight west while Walker and Ameila stayed in New York an extra day to wrap things up. Mainly find a way for the NYPD to call off the search for Laurel. They didn't need more people chasing them. The idea was for Walker to fake Laurel's death with Amelia posing as her. Then Walker would take a leave of absence to get over the death of his partner and skip town. The hope was to distract the trackers by splitting up. Driving made it hard as they could only travel at night.

It was close to dawn and they were just reaching the small town of Rierton Kansas. “Fuck I hope they have a motel.” Laurel said, reading the population sign that read 929. Laurel was driving and going well over the speed limit wanting to get to a hotel before the sun came up. They had a good supply of Suko's sun cream but didn't want to use it unless they had to. They pulled into a the parking lot of small motel just in time to see the sun cresting over the horizon. To say it was a motel was a stretch it looked like the building might have been an old office building or maybe a school house having just two floors with a parking lot big enough to hold maybe fifteen cars. Inside the tiny lobby they noticed a young man sitting at the counter playing a Nintendo Switch. “We need room.” Laurel said, walking to the counter the young man not even looking up.

“Check in isn't until 1100.” The young man said.

“That isn't going to work for us.” Laurel said, biting down the urge to snap at the young man. They had split their last bottle of blood the night before. Blood didn't travel well in an ice chest and they hadn't been able to bring much. Which meant they would have to stop and feed soon. Both of them agreed it would be better if Suko did the hunting. Laurel was too new and still had some impulse control issues. It didn't help that she was on edge from being on the run. She suppressed a growl at feeling Suko lightly press her hand to her back then reached into her pocket pulling a hundred dollar bill out. “This should cover our room and the inconvenience of checking us in early.” Laurel said, placing the bill over the screen of the Switch.

That finally got him to look up, he pocketed the bill, “Might be enough for me to find you a room, busy place around here. Got people lining up around the block for the best hotel in Riverton.” The growl escaped Laurel's lips and she pulled out a fifty dollar bill dropping it on the counter. He pocketed fifty then reached under the counter dropping a key before Laurel. “Room 203, no smoking in the room. We don't offer room service but the sandwich shop across the makes a good pastrami on rye.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The drive was long for Suko as she tried her best to keep her cool about the recovery. The Fixer was getting to her nerves as she was sucking on her thumb while looking out the window. She was looking at dark as they drove past several towns and cities. Leaving New York was hard. Working herself up to the chain of command, underground operations and the respect she earned was gone in one night. She did her best get what they needed for a long travel to California.

When they would stop at gas stations to refuel the car. She would purchase a sucker or some candy to try and help with her recovery. Cigarettes were becoming a bother to her and did not really help either. Two days of no Fixer was getting her on the edge. She felt an urge to feed now and then. She just wished she packed more blood bottles. She even bought a stress ball to help her from time to time.

She looked at the bright sun that was shining the sky. She was worried about for a moment until they arrived at a town. She looked at Laurel and gives her hand a snug in a way of telling her 'We got this.' When they arrived, Suko grabbed a couple of bags from the back seat and followed Laurel inside. When she saw how the boy acted behind the desk, she placed her hand on Laurel's back to help calm her down.

When she heard about sandwich after taking the keys. She looked at the boy once. "Oh good shitty breakfast for the day. Thanks." She lead Laurel to the room where she hurried. Once she opened the door and saw the light shining the room. She slowly made her way to the curtain shudders and closed it. She sighs in relief and looked around the room. It looked very old like it belong in the 80's or 90's. "Shitty breakfast, shitty room." She jumped on the bed and bounced several times. "Shitty bed." She sighs heavily. "Just like when I first came to America." She thought about her old days when she first came to the country. Barely scraping by and feeding off rats. She never had the courage to try and kill a human being other then being blood rage when she first turned.
    Last edited by MidKnight; 09-04-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

As Suko looked around the room Laurel walked to a desk taking her coat off and dropping it on the table. She wasn't wearing it protect from the cold but to cover the weapons she was carrying. After the coat came a shoulder pistol holder, then she lifted her foot up on the chair and removed an ankle hostler. They had more weapons in the car, an assortment of guns and several swords. Lord help them if they got pulled over. She didn't think they would e ale to explain the arsenal they had in the trunk. Last to be removed was the soul blade held in a sheath clasped on her belt on the small of her back. She held onto the knife for a moment looking at the red handle still surprised that it had changed colors. What did it mean? And what did the marks on her hands mean? She hadn't talked to Suko about it yet not wanting to worry her while she was working the fixer addiction out. Setting the knife down she turned seeing Suko laying on the bed talking about her coming to the states.

Laurel walked over to the bed flipping the old box TV on as she did mostly just for background noise. She sat down on the bed next to Suko gently taking her coat and shirt off so she was in only her bra. Then she rolled her onto her belly and climbed onto her hips, straddling her. She rubbed her hands along Suko's shoulders massaging her. The hope was to help her relax. “We'll figure this out.” Laurel said, though she had no idea how. Suko had been talking about the council filling Laurel in on what she knew. They were a secretive organization who governed vampires from the shadows. Most vampires didn't even know they existed, many who did know thought them a urban legend. A story told to keep young vampires in line. Those who had experience with them it was never for good reason and most were never seen again. You didn't get any warnings when in the bad grace of the council.

She didn't know how killing Creighton would put them in the eyes of the council. Legend had it the council was made up of the oldest of vampires. Creighton was quite old though Laurel couldn't see him being in a position of leadership like on the council. They were designed to keep order and everything Laurel knew about Creighton he brought chaos everywhere he went. She closed her eyes not wanting to think about it anymore. When she opened them she had put it from her mind if only for a moment. Laurel leaned down and pressed a kiss to Suko's back wondering if the other woman needed a bigger distraction. But it was her that was distracted as a news report on the TV caught her eye. Laurel pulled away from Suko and reached for the remote on the nightstand turning the volume up.

“In national news, the New York police department is mourning the loss of one of their own. Detective Sergeant Laurel Kingsley was involved with a gang shoot out at the harbor. The detective's body has yet to be found since falling into the water of the harbor. NYPD divers have been searching the harbor and believes they should be able to recover the detective. Laurel Kingsley was the daughter of Evan Kingsley of Kingsley and Sons the corporate law firm based out of New York.” The woman on the TV said, before the show went to commercial.

“Well that's going to make it hard to keep a low profile.” Laurel said, not expecting her 'death' to make the national news. They hadn't talked to Walker and Amelia about the manner of her faked death. Something like an accident might have been a better idea. Either way it was bound to be devastating to parents. Laurel knew she would have to leave her past life behind but never wanted to do it like this. She had wanted to let her mother know she was okay before disappearing.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Laying on her stomach made some ease as she felt her lovers hands rubbing on her shoulders and back. Feeling the tensions of her recovery slowly going down. She laid there listening to the news on the TV. When she heard Laurel's name and sighs softly. "Those two sure know how to make plenty of noise." She remained on her stomach and buried her face on the blanket. It was odd to smell the blankets looked old but smells brand new. "We need a coffin." She admitted missing the tight spaces of a comfy coffin. She hasn't been sleeping well as of late. Not only to the recovery but sleeping on beds had it's flaws.

"Once we get to California. We'll have to definitely use our cream and try to stay hidden. With the right crew and a certain word. The ship hosts will definitely make sure they will keep the sunlight out." She looked over her shoulder. "Once we land. We can go to one of the safe locations." She smiled. "And maybe they'll have something to help out with this Fixer issue." She groaned as she lays her head back on the blanket. "Tonight I'll find someone or something to fill our blood bottles. I'm sure there are plenty of wondering dogs or something."
    Last edited by MidKnight; 09-05-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sitting in the lobby of the hotel, the clerk put his game down and pulled out his phone. He opened a camera app on his phone. He had to flip through several cameras before he pulled up one labeled 203. He watched as the two women settled into the room. The camera was stationary and appeared to be in an air duct in the ceiling. It must have been a micro camera as the vents on the duct didn't block the view. He focused in on Laurel standing by the desk taking all her weapons off. “Damn that woman is packing. Remind me not to piss her off.” He joked to himself.

“Well now what do we have here?” He said, watching Laurel walk over to the bed and undress Suko. “Yeah this is the good stuff.” He watched as Laurel rubbed Suko's shoulders a smirk on his face, feeling his pants get tighter. Both women paused seeming to focus on the TV, “Ah come on don't stop when it's getting good. Seriously what can be on that did that is so interesting?” He wished he had spent the extra few bucks and got the cameras with a microphone. The clerk tried to zoom in on the TV as both women seemed fixed on it. The TV looked like it had the news on it.

He turned the lobby TV on and clicked through the channels until it saw a news story. It was right at the end and he only caught a glimpse of the report but he could have seen the blonde woman wearing a police uniform and the headline slain officer. “What the hell? It couldn't be.” He said, aloud.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She finally falls asleep. Her dream was weird. There was a group of people around her. The faces she recognizes. The one who she killed when she first turned. All of them looking at her. Not one word was said. They only stared at Suko as she started asking questions. "What do you want? Why now? Why me?" She fell to her knees and started crying. "I'm sorry!" She apologized. "I couldn't control it." She continued crying to herself as the people moved closer to her. Surrounding her and prevented her escape. She felt a cold hand touched her. Colder then her. She turned quickly to look up and seen a man with his jaw ripped out. She woke from her nightmare.

The sun was had set. And her lover next to her. She slowly gets up and kissed her cheek. "Morning." She says softly to her ear. "I'm gonna find some breakfast for us. Okay?" She kissed her cheeks again and slowly leaves the bed.

Once she dressed herself and left the room. She walked into the lobby and sees the boy once again but this time. He looked up and at her with a suspicious look. She kept her eyes on him until he finally looked away.

She wondered on the streets for a while until she comes across a guy in a hoodie. The man smiled as she walked by. "Looking for a party?" He asked. She figured he was a drug dealer. Normally you can taste the bitterness in their blood since they only been injecting themselves with their blood. She stopped and looked at the man and smiled.

"Whatcha got?" She asked.

The man rubbed his nose and looked around to see if the local law enforcement was around. "Oh you know. A few grams of your finest meth." He said. "But hey, there is this new drug I got my hands on and let me tell you. I'm on a trip real good know what I mean?" He laughed.

She smiled and looked at the ground once while keeping her hands in her pockets. "I hear ya." She said. "What's it called?" She asked.

"I don't know. Fixer or something." He looked around again. "But hey, since this shit is so good. I'll give you a discount if we ugh had our own little party back here." He nodded towards a van in the alleyway.

She looked at him with dead serious eyes. "How much does it go around here?" She asked.

"I would be charging ya eight hundred but uh I'll give you half for a bit of fun."

She thought about it for a moment real hard. She finally looked around and noticed hardly anyone around. "Alright." She said and followed the man to his van. He opened the back of the doors and at that moment. Suko stomped on his ankle and breaks it. The man yelled in pain for a brief moment before hit in the neck and shoved in the van. Suko jumps in after him and closed the doors behind her. She pinned the man on the floor and digs her fangs into his skin. Crushing his arms while she was at it to keep him from pushing her off. She started feeding. She could feel and taste the Fixer in his blood. Her nerves started to relax again and she felt relieved. Once she stopped and pulled away. She sits on the floor next to the dead body and sighs heavily. She sat there and felt an instant regret. "Fuck." She says quietly and kicks the body. "Fuck." She looked around in the van and started searching around. She finds a large rolled up cash, mostly in hundreds. She pocketed the money and finds a box filled with syringes. She looked closer. It was Fixer. She grabbed the box and carried out of the van. She was about to head back to the hotel until she heard some cows in the distant. She looked towards the direction of where the noise came from.

An hour later she tossed the box of Fixers in the trunk including four large bottles filled with cow blood. She had another one but it was for Laurel. She walked back inside and looked around to find the boy. He was in the back and noticed he was on the phone. He was whispering and thought it was a private call. She finds her way back to the room and smiled as she walked in. "Hey." She said. "I found a slaughterhouse and there was so much blood around. I can't believe they keep some of the blood in containers." She handed the bottle over to her. "So if it taste funny. Just remember. It's not human."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

After Suko left Laurel took a shower despite it being small and not as clean as she would have like. It surely wasn't the shower at the light house. Hopefully when they got to Japan they could get some better accommodations. Still she stood under the spray of water enjoying the feel of it. She had her eyes closed but when she opened them she noticed something in the duct above the shower. Reaching up she pulled the small camera out of the duct. “What the fuck?” Laurel said, aloud crushing the camera in her hand. Her thoughts went to the clerk for the hotel having felt something odd about him from the start. She got out of the shower and dressed then looked in the other room finding the camera in the duct above the bed. “That little perv.” Laurel said, grabbing her gun and knife from the desk.

She walked down the stairs to the lobby seeing the clerk sitting at the desk nervous. She dropped the smashed cameras on desk before him. “You know this a federal crime right.” Laurel said, easily falling back into cop mode.

“You going to arrest me?” The clerk said, “Don't think dead New York cops have jurisdiction half way across the country.”

“Whatever you think I am you are way off your mark.” Laurel said, jumping over the counter and slamming him against the wall as she drew her knife, pressing it to his throat. Like before the handle of the knife grew warm in her hand. Laurel held them there not noticing that her fangs had descended or that her eyes had started to glow red. “You are going pull all the cameras out of the room then you are going to quit and get the hell out of town.” Laurel stood there with the knife against his throat. She pressed it to the point where it drew a small line across his throat. Without thinking again she leaned in closer, she was milometers away from slitting his throat. After a couple of minutes Laurel pulled away shaking her head and pulling herself from the murderous trance she was in. She reached down grabbing the clerks phone and walked out of the lobby back to their room.

A short while later Suko came back with the bottle of blood, Laurel greeted her with a kiss thinking she could taste blood on her. It was bitter though and didn't taste right. Perhaps it was the cows blood, she thought least until she sat down and took a drink from the blood. The cow's blood tasted different but it wasn't bitter liked what she had tasted on Suko. It was more like it was bland.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She walked over to the bed and sits next to Laurel. Her nerves were very calm as she looked at the TV. There was a show playing. She didn't care much about TV shows anymore. She reaches for pocket and pulled out the wad of cash. She started counting each bill. "Who know the locals needed a drug dealer." She said.

She takes the bottle of blood and takes a drink and sighs softly. "I forgot how cow tasted like." She gives the bottle back and takes her jacket off. She thought about a shower and sees a wet towel. She figured Laurel had already took one. "Then again dealers always smoke on their own supplies. The bitterness doesn't help much."

She gets up and takes her shirt off and walked in the bathroom and started to shower. Minutes passed, Suko walks out with her hair out drying on the towel she covered herself with.

"We should keep moving. I put four big bottles in the trunk. It should last us a couple more days. Maybe enough to get us to California." She reaches her bag and pulled out fresh clothes to wear. As usually each one was black. She looked at Laurel. "Your pissed about something. I can tell. Is it about that boy at the front?" She asked.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She closed her eyes at Suko's question, she was still on edge about what happened in the lobby. Drinking the blood helped but she couldn't let go of the strange tasting blood she had tasted on Suko's lips. “I found several camera's in the room. I kinda lost it when I confronted the idiot downstairs.” Laurel said, looking down at the phone in her hands. She intended to go through the camera app and delete all the videos. Then maybe she would give the phone back. “I didn't hurt him but I'm sure he has a lot of questions. It might be a good idea to get the hell out of Kansas really soon. I deflected him but I think he might have recognized me from that stupid new report. Remind me to kick Walker's ass when we meet up.”

Laurel stood up and dress as well. “Think you can pack up while I run a quick errand?” She asked, then kissed Suko before slipping out of the room. She headed to a 24 hour drug store just down the street. There she bought a box red hair dye, a pair of scissors and a pair of costume glasses. After that she went back to the room and cut her hair in in a short bob then used the dye on her hair. She blew it somewhat dry with the cheap hair dryer then went back into the other room. “What do you think?” Laurel said, putting the glasses on and fluffing her hair, “Am I Clark Kent now?”

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She smiled when she sees Laurel's new look. She gets up and walked over to her and kisses her. "Bruce Wayne maybe." She joked.

After a few nights driving to their destination and arrived at one of the harbors in Calfornia. They approached at one of the motels and checked in to settle until they found safe passage. Suko was sitting on the toilet seat with her thumb in her mouth and looked at the syringe in her hand. It was the last Fixer and attempted to take it. She used one now and then when they stopped for a certain time. Her nerves would come back and she starts to feel the edge once again. She kept this hidden from Laurel in hope she doesn't figure it out. She looked around the room and touch the surface of the ceiling. She gently pushes up and shows the interior. She placed the syringe on the edge and closed the ceiling tile. She thought it would be better to use it once they found safe passage.

She walked out of the bathroom. And sees Laurel there. "Hey." She gently says while she grabs her jacket. "I think there is a ship that can take us to Japan. I know a guy who still works there. His great grandfather brought me here and believe me he will help." She sounded nervous and her hands shook a little. "I use to protect his family until he passed." She checked her pockets for anything like money and one of the burner phones. "Can't believe this building is still here." She says and looked around the room. "I use to work night shifts here." Her hand touches the surface of a table nearby. "Different furniture though." She smiled.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast