Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Flight From Vampires {IC}{M}{J'Von & ADN}

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“I've been out of the US a few times, usually to Europe. My father has several business partners in England, France and Germany. I actually can speak German and a little French. I've never been to Asia though.” Laurel said, pulling Suko back into her and resting her head on her shoulder. She had dated before and even felt like she was in love before but it wasn't like she felt with Suko. It was like the other woman completed her. She wasn't sure she believed in soul mates however it felt like they were made for each other. She sat there a few minutes enjoying their closeness and thinking about how they would get enough blood to get across the ocean. There were going to be at least two of them. She wasn't sure if Walker and Amelia were going to come with them. If they did they would need blood for four people.

“When you came across the sea before refrigeration technology wasn't what it is now. Maybe we could acquire some blood from a blood bank and store it in a refrigerator.” Laurel said, recalling a case she had worked where drug runners had been smuggling drugs and people through the harbor using shipping containers with false walls. One of the containers they had raided had a whole set up with a bed, power, bathroom. It was much like a train living compartment. The drug runner that had been rode in the container hadn't been uncomfortable. She wasn't sure what kind of set up Suko's friend had. She had helped out on a human trafficking case where there had been forty people crammed in a container with buckets for bathrooms. Hopefully they would be traveling in the former style. “Maybe Amelia will have some connections but for now lets have a little fun.” She stood up and slipped out of her clothes pulling Suko to her feet and undressing her. Once they both her free of their clothes she took Suko's hand guiding her to the water. It was cold but the water didn't seem to bother her. One of the advantages of being a vampire. This water should have required a wet suit but here she was skinny dipping.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Amelia and Walker drove for a good time on the road. Heading in the direction where their friends waited. Amelia was behind the wheel and kept her focus but keeps an eye on the rear view mirror. "Did they find a way?" She asked.

Walker replied a text back with a wink emoji and smiled. "Yup, they found a reliable ship and got us passage. We gotta get this address ASAP." He looked at the address and sighs softly. "You got to relax sis, we haven't seen them since we left."

"These are Seekers, hunters with a purpose. If they found Suko and Laurel in a light tower in the middle of the ocean no doubt they find us." Amelia argued.

"And we are ready for them this time." Walker showed his gun with UV rounds. "They won't have the jump on us this time." He looked at the map on his phone and noticed they were not far from the others. He looked up and spotted something shiny on the road and then it turned up like spikes. "Watch out!" He shouted but it was too late. The spikes hit the tire and force the vehicle to lose control. The car moved side to side until it flipped over and rolled several times. When the car stopped, Amelia and Walker groaned as they crawled out of the car. Walker looked to where he seen the spike and sees a man walking out of the woods. Wearing dark shades, a heavy black coat and most of his clothing was in black. "Amelia run!" He shouted and fired several rounds.

Amelia got on her feet and managed to move quick on her own. Walker was close as he fired several rounds which hit the man on the chest but nothing happened.

"Shit, he's wearing armor." Walker pointed out as he kept following Amelia into the woods.

They ran a decent ways from the Seeker who apparently was hunting them down by following their tracks. Walker tried hiding their tracks but kept hearing twigs cracked. They couldn't take the risk and moved on. It felt like hours when they finally arrived at a gas station. Amelia looked around and noticed some vehicles were empty. She walked up to one and looked around. "We need to lose our trail." She smashed the driver side window and luckily no alarm.

Walker kept an eye out but even though he was on look out he was hit in the arm by a arrow. He groaned in pain and tried to remove it. He was hit by another in the leg and fell to the ground. Amelia ran around the car and tried to pull him but she was hit in the shoulder. She screamed in pain and fell backwards. She slowly gets up and pulls Walker in front of the car. Another arrow was shot but hits the side of the car.

"Walker?" Her voice in pain and and frightened. "Stay with me." She growled.

"I'm still here." He reached for his gun and pulls the slide. His hands covered in blood. The arrows were still in his body and there was a sizzle noise coming from his wounds. "Fucking silver." He groaned in pain.

"I'll cover you and you jump in the car." Amelia planned.

"No...I'm not...going anywhere." He groans again as he tried to move. "I can cover you. You get the hell out of here and warn Suko and Laurel."

"Fucking idiot. I'm not leaving you." She growled.

"Then we're both dead....and if this guy finds the girls then they're dead." He leans his head back. "Sis....I got this." He reaches out and touched her shoulder. "I'll tell mom and dad you said hi." He smiled.

"You fucking idiot." She lowered her head and nodded.

"On three....one." He gets up and sees the man with a bow. He fired several rounds hitting him in the chest.

Amelia quickly moved towards the driver side and started the car. She hits the gas pedal and drove quickly.

Walker stood there and fired every round he had. But the man stood and brushed off the bullets. "I'm a shit shot...what can I say?" He said with a smile. His body burned and exploded in a fiery flames.

Amelia saw what happened in the rear view mirror and gripped the steering wheel. Pressing her teeth together and her brow frowned. She slammed once on the steering wheel and cried out in pain.

Hours later back at the hotel. When the two were waiting and the sun was about to be fully exposed. Suko laid on the bed and looked at the phone once. "They haven't called for a while." She gets up and started undressing herself and looked at Laurel. "Maybe they lost signal?" She asked herself once before walking to her lover and hugged her. "Hope they're alright." Before there was an answer the door was banged rather loud.

Suko walked to the door and looked at the peak hole and quickly opens the door. "Amelia!" She noticed her friend was covered in blood and had an arrow stuck in her shoulder. She helped her to the bed and laid her down. Amelia noticed the two were barely dressed.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked.

Suko nodded and looked at the arrow in her shoulder. "That's silver." She said. And gets on the bed and placed her leg on Amelia's arm. "And it's in deep." She placed her hand on Amelia's chest and looked at Laurel. "Keep her legs down." She looked back at the arrow and at Amelia. "It's gonna be painful."

"Wait." Amelia reached for her belt and removed it. Placing it in her mouth and nodded.

"On three....One." She pulled the arrow out quick and blood splattered on the bed. Amelia cried out in pain.

Once the pain had passed and she spits out the belt. She looked weary and tired. "That's what Walker said before he was killed." She looked at Suko with painful eyes. "Bastard made sure I got out."

Suko looked at Laurel and back at Amelia. She didn't say anything except leans forward and embraced Amelia in a hug. Whom started crying in her arms and her wail was muffled by the hug.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The next few moments went by in a blur, Amelia bursting into the room, the news of Walker's death, pulling the arrow out and a seeker chasing them. Laurel didn't know the siblings well, of the two of them she knew Walker better since he had been her partner. That was a bond that was hard to explain to anyone who had never been on the force. It was like a marriage, afterall you often spent more time with your partner than you did with your spouse. That was why most cop marriages ended in divorce. Most people didn't understand the bond. She had been partnered with Walker a short time but that bond had been formed. Laurel dropped down into the chair dealing with her own grief. She wanted to have Suko comfort her but knew Amelia needed more.

It was close to an hour later when the three women were able to move on. There would be more time to grieve but not now. The seeker was still on their trail. She gave Suko a brief hug and kiss then gave Amelia one as well. “There will be time to remember him later. For now we can't let his sacrifice go to waste.” Laurel said, grabbing their stuff and packing it up. The would need to leave tonight. They couldn't wait. “Suko, can you call Denji and see if he can leave today. If not we will have to find a new hotel. We don't know if this seeker tracked Amelia here.” They wouldn't have time to gather blood and other supplies but Suko had survived on fish blood for months on the journey here. It wouldn't be pleasant but they had no choice.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She nodded and looked for one of the burner phones. When she found one and called her old friend, she was speaking clearly in her native tongue.

Amelia was sitting on the bed as she held her gun in her hand and checked the magazine. She insert the clip back in and pulled the slide back. "We didn't had a chance against that bastard." She says. "You see a Seeker, you run like hell." She looked at Laurel. "They will find us....but I'll make sure he'll regret it." She wiped her tears and looked away at the ground.

Suko finished her call and looked at the two. "Denji's son can get the freighter moving in two hours. Says the crew are already there and preparing for tomorrow's voyage." She grabbed one of the bags and helped Amelia stand on her feet. "Come on, I need you with us."

Amelia nodded but still felt heart torn from her brother's death. "I know." She said.

Several hours later after the sun had gone down. The three arrived at the harbor. Amelia drove the car following Laurel and Suko on the bike. At the harbor gate there was a guard who waved them down. "Hey are you Suko?" He asked.

Suko nodded, "Yeah we're on our way to a freighter called 'Suzy Q.'"

The guard waved his hand advising to move along and opened the gate. Suko watched as Laurel headed to the location and stopped when they see Denji and his son by some cargo boxes. Denji smiled as usual. "Good to see you made it." He said but in english.

The crew loaded the bike in one of the shipping containers and placed it on the ship. Denji and his son headed towards the ship, "We will make sure we have everything ready before taking off. I am sure we have enough blood bags in the cooling units. If the crew ask...I'm sure they'll want to see a pretty pay check when we get back home." Denji's son says. "And also we have several quarters ready for you. No windows."

"You see? We have been preparing for you just in case." Denji said in Japanese.

"Thank you both. I will make sure you both are compensated for this. I'm in your debt." She bowed to the two.

Denji laughed for a moment. "You keep forgetting it is us who is in your debt."

The two headed the to ship while Suko waited with Laurel and Amelia. "I checked the time to see how long it'll take to get there....two weeks the most. I just hope they brought enough blood bags to last the trip." She wondered how long Denji has been preparing for this kind of event. Where did he get the blood. These questions she wanted to ask but for later. "Come on, let's get the bags before jumping aboard." She walked to the car with Amelia next to her.

"Are you sure she can help?" Amelia asked.

"I'm pretty sure she's still pissed." Suko joked.

Amelia was grazed with a arrow suddenly and took cover. Suko did the same and reached for the gun she stole. She had no UV rounds but they can buy some time. "Shit!" Suko looked around the cover and sees the Seeker coming to them with a bow in his hand. "Okay...forget the bags let's get on that ship now!" She looked to Laurel, "Keep your head down and stay behind cover. I'm sure that was a warning shot." She quickly maneuvered around the shipping containers. She looked around for Amelia but only heard gunshots. "Amelia?" She walked to where the gunshots came from and heard a few more.

She remained cover and finds Amelia behind a barrel. "Come on you fucking prick." She shouted. "I'm right fucking here!" She moved her hand over the barrels and fired several rounds. The Seeker was moving towards her and released several arrows at Amelia.

Suko stood behind cover. "Amelia!" She shouted. "Get over here we'll cover you!"

Amelia slowly shook her head. "You two gotta go." She groaned and struggled to move for a second. There was a broken arrow piece in her stomach. "Laurel...get her out of here and take her home!" She said. Amelia could hear the sounds of boots nearby and sees the Seeker standing in front of her. "Took your sweet fucking time." She looked up and dropped something that was in her hand. The Seeker looked at the rolling object which moved towards the barrels that said gas on the side. The explosion was big and destroyed everything in range, the Seeker included.

Suko watched as her friend just died in front of her. There was silence around as she moved towards the fire. She screamed as she felt someone pulling her away. Denji's son helped Laurel carry Suko to safety and aboard the ship.
    In minutes the ship left the harbor and to the open sea.

Suko laid on her bunk. Sniveling away the tears as she still felt the loss of her friend had hit her hard. She didn't say anything nor moved. She mourned in her own way. "Amelia." She says softly. Caressing the Jade necklace in her hands.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Pulling Suko onto to the ship wasn't an easy task. Laurel wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for her vampire strength. Still Suko was a older vampire and stronger. She struggled until Denji's son came to her aid and she managed to lift Suko from the ground hefting her over her shoulder. This was when it felt like Suko stopped fighting. She carried her all the way below deck to one of the rooms that had been set up for them. There were no windows in the room and she could feel they were below the water level. This wasn't a part of the ship usually used for quarters. It probably had been a storage area that Denji had converted. He no doubt had been waiting for Suko to return. She must have left quite a impression on the man.

Laurel set Suko on the bed then sat next to her stroking her hand through Suko's hair. The next two weeks would be hard, they had nothing but time on their hands. Time to think about their loss. Laurel knew she would have to find a way to keep Suko's mind off of it. But for now they would grieve and just hope the seekers didn't follow them.

Eleven days later

The journey across the Pacific was rather eventful when should have been a good thing but Laurel couldn't help but wonder why the seekers hadn't come yet. They saw the ship they were on and could have tracked it. Every day she expected to have helicopters descend on them or a seeker version of Somali pirates sail up on them. They never came which worried Laurel but she didn't say anything to Suko about it. Instead she had spent the last two weeks trying to distract Suko. They alternated between spending time in their room below deck and sitting up on the deck. Laurel had convinced Suko to teach her Japanese and she had been doing pretty well. She could have small conversations provided whoever she was talking to didn't talk too fast. Reading was another story, Laurel for the life of her could not grasp how to read Japanese. Currently she was sitting on the deck looking out at the sea. She could barely make out the shoreline no doubt because of her enhanced vampire sit. A short distance from her there were a couple members of the crew leaning on the rail and talking as they smoked passing a bottle back and forth between them. They were far enough from her that a human shouldn't have been able to hear them talk. With the exception of Denji's son the crew kept their distance. They didn't know what the two women were but they could sense something about them and stayed away.

The two men were talking about a couple of girls that they knew in port. It was your typical sailor talk that would make anyone blush. Laurel chuckled to herself as she listened it. They were speaking Japanese and she heard a few words she wasn't familiar with but could guess what words they were and figured she would have to try them out later with Suko later and see if she could make her blush. Maybe cheer it up a bit at the same time. It was a rare sight to see her lover smile in the last two weeks.

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Denji was walking around on the deck catching some fresh sea air. He looked up at the night sky and sees the stars shining bright. He was amazed the blood packs in the freezer had held this long. Though he shouldn't be since he had planned this for a long time. His son was in his quarters sleeping since their arrival would be soon. He had a pipe in his hand smoking as he walked. When he noticed Laurel was sitting on one of the chairs he walked towards her. "I would ask if you can't sleep either but that would be dumb of me." Denji spoke in Japanese and sat on the chair next to her. "But yes I couldn't sleep either. Cruising in the night at sea can be bothersome. Especially when you hit a reef and sunk a ship by accident." He chuckled. "Though I am seeing something is bothering you. Do you wish to be alone?" He asked.

"Sleep isn't the same as it used to be. When the sun pulls at me I don't really have a choice. You can try to fight it but you will never win." Laurel said slowly in Japanese trying to pick out the right words and hoping she got them right. She gestured to the chair next to her. "I wouldn't mind some company. Something to pull me from my thoughts. We've been through quite a bit in a very short time. I don't think I've fully had a chance to process it yet. And then I am not sure I am ready to either."

"In certain ways everyone has a nemesis they must deal with win or lose." He says slowly for her to understand. "Your Japanese is coming along nicely. Soon you will be able to understand at a very fast pace." He chuckled softly. He listened to Laurel carefully and leans back in the chair while smoking his pipe. "I knew one day she would be back. Asking for help when she needs it. But the trouble I had some ideas of it. Although I will not ask about the details." He takes in a deep breaths and slowly sighs. "Her friend though I am amazed they stayed together this long." He thought the blonde woman. He remembered the woman when he was a child. Always around Suko whenever they needed to get things done.

"Thank you, its not like any other language I have learned." Laurel said, looking over to the older man. There was something about him that made her feel she could open up to him. Maybe it was because he didn't press to know what was going on with her. He went out of his way not to press. Was it just him or was it a cultural thing? "Suko and Amelia were very close. I don't think Amelia really liked me in the beginning but I think that was starting to change. Maybe not, she was a hard woman to read though I didn't really know her that long. To be honest I haven't known Suko all that long. I know you don't want to know what we are going through but I need to vent to someone other than Suko." Laurel said, pausing a little lost in her thoughts.

"We have been going nonstop since I met Suko. It literally has been a whirl wind and everything in my life has been turned upside down. This voyage is the first time I have really had a chance to stop and think about everything. I was turned just a few days before meeting you. Suko gave me the choice but her sire took that choice from me and I killed him for it."

"That woman can be hard to impress. Even my father had a hard time trying to make her smile but she did not budge. I believe she was Suko's boss before she left to New York." He takes a puff of his pipe and listens carefully again. He exhales slowly with the smoke going in the air. "Choices are really hard to make. The consequences are always dire with either one." He looked to Laurel. "Maybe Fate has taken your choices and led you to a new beginning. Maybe this is your one time chance to make a new life. If you were happy in your previous life then why did you leave it behind? There is a answer in there somewhere. Searching for it will take time but it is better if it comes to you." He looked at the pipe in his hand and offered it to Laurel. "And maybe pick up some new habits along the way." He smiled.

She looked at the pipe never having been a smoker, "Suppose it isn't going to kill me." Laurel said, taking the pipe and pulling a long drag before breaking into a coughing fit. "Then again maybe it isn't for me." She said, handing the pipe back. "Is that supposed to be one of those all things happen for a reason things? That's bullshit." Laurel said, standing up and walking to the railing. "Tell me the reason why meeting the love of my life cost me everything. Why I am a fragment of some forgotten god being chased through time by some other forgotten god? Why was I killed only I didn't die? Why didn't killing the man who ruined my life make anything right? And why the hell am I being chased by some secret vampire society? What is the reason for it all"

He chuckled as she coughed from the smoke. He watched her as she ranted on about what was going on with her life. He nodded at some the points she made and remained where he was. He looked at his pipe, he noticed the taste has gone bland and put it's upside down and gives it a few taps. Ashes fell and flew out. He puts the pipe away and sighs softly. "Fate can be questionable at times. But it also can be a hard question to answer." He slowly gets up from the chair and pulls put a ring and walked to the rail. He examined it carefully. "Suko gave me this ring. I had kept it as a memento. It is made of silver and when I saw it burning her skin......that should have frightened me or worse but it did not. It only meant the stories I had heard were true. And at that moment. I knew it was fate that had decided when the time was right. I would be ready. If it was not fate. If I were scared and run away. There would be no ship for you and Suko to depart on. He looked to the ocean and simply tosses the ring in the ocean. He watches the ocean and smiled. "I do have one question to ask." He looked over his shoulder. "Did Suko ruin your life?" He asked.

"Suko didn't ruin my life. I know without a doubt I am meant to be with her." Laurel said, turning to face Denji realizing that somewhere in her rant she had switched back to English. She hadn't known where that had came from. It was like she finally just let the emotions and feelings flow out of her. It was true the events happened so fast she barely knew what happened. And then when she slowed down on the ship she kept it inside knowing Suko was grieving. It wasn't fair to burden her with more. "It is the circumstances that follow her that ruined my life."

"And do you think becoming this vampire had ruin hers?" He asked curiously. "If it is ruining your life then take back control. Be in charge and maybe take it slow this time when we reach to your new life?" He looked out to the ocean. "I am curious of what will happen on your journey. But once we reach the docks we must part ways. I can only help as far as I can go." He turned around and faced Laurel. "But for now since either of us can sleep let me show you how to read in Japanese I had taught my son this since he pestered me about it since he was a boy." He smiled. "I had made a cheat sheet for him to remember. And also we can work on your Japanese as will."

She was surprised that he had remained calm after her childish rant. Perhaps it was because he was a father. He no doubt had plenty of experience with moody teenagers and toddlers throwing tantrums. While she hadn't made her mind up about being turned she had to admit to herself that she had been leaning towards taking the bite. It was the fact the choice had been stolen from her that frustrated her. That and she would have preferred ending her life on her own terms instead of being 'murder' and forced to go on the run without telling her family anything. With everything that happened that bothered her the most knowing the pain her mother must be going through right now. "Thank you, and I am sorry for snapping like that."

A day and half had passed. The ship was nearing one of the docking areas where it will remain until it is ready again. Denji and his son followed Suko and Laurel off the ship. The two used what was left of the cream and was glad to see the rainy clouds covered most of the area. But before departing Suko turned and looked to her old friend. "Thank you so much for bringing us here." She says. "I know it's a pain in the ass to do it." She looked to his son.

Denji shook his head. "It is no trouble at all. When the time was right we would have been ready." He smiled.

"And as for your payment. Um...." Suko looked over her shoulder with a frown on her face. Two men were seen walking to the group. Both wearing black suits and black shades. Neat hairstyles. One carried a couple of dufflebags and the other had a phone in his hand. He stopped when he sees Suko standing there and looked at his phone and then back at Suko. He puts it away and looked to his partner and pointed at her.

"Trouble?" Denji asked.

"We'll see."

The two men approached Suko and asked her by name. She simply nodded and then the man with the duffel bags dropped the bags in front of her. "The payment as requested and she is waiting." He spoke fast and clear.

Suko looked nervous. Even though she is because the addiction recovery was still in progress. Her eyelids looked like she has been up for days and her hands shakes nonstop. She kneels down and opened each bag and sees the large amount of cash inside. She picked up both bags and handed them over to Denji's son. "I hope to see you again my friend." She says with a smile.

"In the next life." Denji smiled and hugged Suko before turning away. "Oh and your motor bike will be dropped off by cargo bay three." He mentioned.

Suko nodded and looked at Laurel. "Um I think I should have told you while we were on the ship." The two followed the suits and noticed a black Escalade surrounded by six cars and eight bikes. "When you asked if I was part of a mob....I....was....part....of the Yakuza....for only a little while. The two stopped when the doors of the Escalade opened and a young woman stepped out. She wore mostly white clothing and resembled to Suko. She walked towards Suko in a rush. "Whatever happens don't interfere." She whispers.

"Hey sis." Suko says.

"Hey sis my ass." The sister punches Suko hard in the face.

Suko falls on the ground and felt her cheek. She looked up to see her sister on top and punched her again. Her sister punched Suko several more times before being pushed off and gets back up.

"Dammit knock it off." Suko spat before seeing the punch hit her face.

"You come back after all these years and expect a welcome home family reunion?" The sister growled before grabbing Suko by the neck and pushed her against a shipping container.

Suko struggled. She was weak and tired. Her hands grabbing her sister's arm and tried to pry it off. "I'm sorry dammit!!!"

Her sister let's go and dropped to the ground on her hands and knees. Holding onto her neck and sighs roughly.

"I'm sorry I left you behind but like I said before. I needed to find him and make him pay for what he did. What he done to us. I couldn't put you in that dangerous situation." Suko slowly gets back up and put her guard up. "Your the only family I have left."

Her sister was frowning mostly and looked to Laurel and back at Suko. "You better tread carefully this time. Or there won't be a family to come back to." She looked at Laurel and examined her from head to toe. "So...I'm guessing your my stepsister?" She asked. "I can smell the stench on both of you...you both need a bath. Come on." She nodded towards the black Escalade and hopped inside.

Suko slowly walked to the vehicle. "You also asked what the person I gave this gift to was thinking?" She looked at Laurel. "You can ask her about that." She pointed out. The both entered the vehicle and felt the entire gang moved. Suko sat there rubbing her cheek where the punches had landed. "You gotten stronger." She says. "Laurel this is Sakura. My little sister. Sis? This is Laurel...my life mate."

Sakura sat there with her eyes like steel and looked at Laurel. "You haven't been a vampire long. Your still a youngling." Sakura moved towards the refreshments and pulled a bottle out. She pulls the cork out and fills three glass cups. She offered Suko one and then offered Laurel a cup. "Nice to meet you by the way. Does your mother know your dead?" She asked.

"Sakura please.....stop reading her mind." Suko looked to Laurel. "Her gift is reading the past of a person. A rare gift to have....which I'm assuming you used to get this far." She takes a drink and sighs softly.

"We gotta get you settled in. Your a bigger dumbass than I thought. Taking Fixer like that and kept using it. I should have punched you harder." She growls and leans in her seat. "We'll get you cleaned up. You'll be fine in the next few hours."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

When the woman attacked at Suko, she reached for the dagger at her belt. One of Denji's men had seen it tucked into a cheap holster at the small of her back and made her a holster out of some leather he had. The man was quite a craftsmen, it fit Laurel perfectly and was barely noticeable under her shirt. Suko called her to stand back but she kept her grip on the handle her knuckles going white. She could feel the pull of the blade on her like she did each time she held it. The feeling was like a trance it took all her strength not to pull it and defend her lover. She didn't notice the Xs on her palms glowing red. The fight was over in moments though Laurel didn't let go of the knife right away. She held onto it tight lost in the trance until Suko spoke introducing her sister. Then she snapped out of the trance. “Sister-in-law.” Laurel corrected as she followed them to the vehicles sliding in beside Suko. The words hung in her mouth, Suko and her hadn't really spoken about what their relationship was. She knew she loved Suko and would travel to the ends of the world for her but nothing was official. Did vampires get married? Laurel didn't know how it work. There was such much she didn't know.

She took the glass and was about to take a sip when Sakura asked about her mother. It caught her off guard until Suko explained her sister's powers. “No my mother doesn't know. Well not all of it. She thinks I am dead. Some friends of ours faked my death before we left New York.” Laurel said, not wanting to bring up Walker and Amelia though she was sure Sakura could sense what happened. “She doesn't know what I have become.”

Laurel took a drink from the glass tasting the blood in it and knowing it was fresh. Pure as well. Whoever this blood had belonged to lived a clean life, no drugs, alcohol or tobacco. She was slowly starting to be able to tell the difference of blood. This was some of the sweetest she had tasted. She nodded to Sakura in thanks. It was better than the bagged stuff they had been drinking on the ship which was starting to taste stale. “Suko mentioned she had a sister but never really told me much about you. I didn't realize you were still alive. So to speak.”

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"That's my sister. Not telling people she has a sibling across the world." Sakura smiled. "She does this though I can sense in that." She looked at Suko. "You are always trying to protect me. Now it is you who needs protection. These gangsters will try and make a pet of you if you are not careful sister."

Suko nodded as she drinks her cup of blood. "The way you describe them. They seem more menacing then ever." She said as she leans her head towards Laurel. "If it is the all same to you. I need some rest. The boat ride takes it's toll." She closed her eyes for a moment before falling asleep on Laurel's shoulder.

"Do not worry. Let her sleep." Sakura said as she drinks her beverage. "Believe it or not in human years I am older than her." She smiled. "I was eighteen when I turned. We waited because as human I could bring her animals to feed on during the day and protect her. And at night she would cook meals so I could eat. It was hard for us to live like that. But as I got older things have become much easier." She looked out towards the window and sighs. "This Fixer drug is going to be a problem." She placed her hand on her lap and looked to Laurel. "She will need to be isolated once we reach our designation. If she has not been using it for this long I am amazed that she even lasted this far. We have a substitute drug that would help her. Wane her desire from its wants. The only problem will be is that she would be the first to use it."

She looked at Laurel closely and was very curious as she read her past. "I can sense a lot has been troubling. What happened with Creighton...why you are a reincarnation of a God....and also why your hands burn when you reach for that dagger by your side." She grinned and looked back out to the window. "Perhaps my men should have searched before. But that does not matter now. What matters is." She cleared her throat and spoke in her native language fast and precise. "How is your Japanese coming along?"

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Laurel set her drink down in a cup holder then wrapped her arm around Suko's shoulder, holding her lover close to her. “I'm not a reincarnation. More of an echo of her.” Laurel said, not at all understanding it herself. The goddess had been confusing with her cryptic messages. She looked down at her hands seeing the X's there. She didn't know if anyone else could see the marks. No one else had commented on them so she had a feeling she was the only one who could see them. With everything going on she hadn't talked to Suko about it. Once again not wanting to trouble her lover with another thing. Suko wasn't a fragile woman but between the bounty, the fixer and loss of their friends it was testing their limits. Laurel already had a small breakdown with Denji.

She listened to Sakura speak trying to keep up with her. Everyone had been slowing down for her but Sakura didn't. She hadn't realized how much they had been giving her a handicap. “I had thought well for only learning two weeks ago but I am not sure now.” Laurel said, picking out the words no doubt sounding like a child learning to speak. “I haven't done so well learning to read. Many of the symbols look the same.” Laurel said, briefly looking out the window at all the lights and signs went by. She was able to makes a few out but most were lost to her. It really reminded her of driving through downtown New York and Times Square.

“The yakuza.” Laurel said, “I imagine you already know but I used to be a cop.” Sakura's ability to read into people's pasts was unsettling. She had never believed in psychics before but the last few weeks really made her question what was real and what wasn't. “I won't give you any trouble just know that old habits die hard. My first reactions might be a little off.”

We Are Warriors

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Sakura shrugged her shoulders and kept her eyes to the window. "It is not me you should be worrying about. It is them." She nodded her head towards a biker who appeared by the vehicle. The biker looked towards the window but the window was tinted with a two way mirror. The biker was only looking at himself though it made it look like he was staring at the women.

"I would not worry about them however since they are gentleman of what they do. They may be gangsters and bad people to others. But at least they show respect. The only thing they want back is respect as well. If you do not then they will show an example of what they do." She sipped her drink and places the beverage on the stand and moves to sit in the middle of the seat. "I saw your past when you first stepped off the bridge. I could see what happened to your friends and what happened at the club." Her eyes shifted to Suko. "And I also saw her of how she became to be."

She leans forward and sighs softly. "Where we are going will be isolated. You will not have to worry about anyone coming after you. The East Continent welcomes any vampire as long as they follow our rules. The West cannot touch you." She tilted her head. "But you must convert yourself to our pact." She showed her wrist. She was wearing a bracelet that looked silver but it was metal. In the middle of the bracelet was a symbol of a dragon with a sword and shield. She smirked as she looked at the bracelet and leans back in her seat. "But for now we need to get you both clean and fixed up. It will take you at least a month to speak our language perfectly. She picked up a magazine from the stand and tossed it to Laurel. "Learn and read." She looked out to the window again but this time sees another biker on Laurel's bike. "We did not forget your ride by the way."

Suko moans softly as she moved on Laurel's shoulder. But odd reason she shivered as she felt cold.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast