Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ship of Fools (sci-fi)(dystopia)(scavengers)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Default Ship of Fools (sci-fi)(dystopia)(scavengers)

We came to Anya, a mining colony, under contract to the corporation. For years we toiled, taking our comfort where and when we could, but always under the watchful eyes of the corporation.

And some bean-counter missed a decimal point and told the corporation we were no longer profitable. So the supervisor's men took most of the food stores and loaded it aboard the last few ships and departed - and left us behind, without a way to get off of this rock.

Except for the junkers - various ships and craft that came to us a scrap, which we would strip down and cut up for the furnaces. Parts were missing - but the scrapyard is just full of usable bits, the tricky bit is finding them.

We finished our ship, now it's time to make our escape from Anya and take our revenge on the corporation.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

My interest is peaked. Do you think there would be convict workers serving out their sentence on the mission? Mid level non-violent offenders.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Where there is mining, there must be explosives experts, yes?

Maybe not so useful in flight, but might be useful as a weapons officer's mate or as a member of a security detail? Definitely helpful for making a big statement to unscrupulous corporations when they are located again...

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDellaNotte View Post
    My interest is peaked. Do you think there would be convict workers serving out their sentence on the mission? Mid level non-violent offenders.
    Absolutely. Convict labor is cheap. Besides, if they get out of line and have proven themselves unwilling to cooperate, the Corporation can just shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alura View Post
    Where there is mining, there must be explosives experts, yes?

Maybe not so useful in flight, but might be useful as a weapons officer's mate or as a member of a security detail? Definitely helpful for making a big statement to unscrupulous corporations when they are located again...
    Some security officers were left behind, along with disgraced marines and other servicemen who'd messed up or irritated the powers that be. Some of the convict labor battalions are made up of contracted military prisoners.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Looks like that's two. I'm thinking a career thief who finally got busted one too many times and sent away. She might have a relationship with the guards because prior to them being abandoned she had a way of getting things that were rationed.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Ohhh, options! I was thinking at first contract military prisoner; but if you don't mind it, Angel, then the link for our characters could be that he is one of the disgraced and abandoned guards who trades in rations sometimes.

In either case, I am thinking that he is essentially a combat demolitions expert/engineer and likes to blow things up for fun. Good at his job, but not at people. Not very chatty about how he ended up here or involved in the mining operation, but has seen enough of the world(s) to be unsurprised at corporate greed. Ex-soldier. Constantly in trouble for not wearing his uniform correctly. Sticky fingers for "work" supplies and tradeables.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I'm down for that.

We Are Warriors

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Colour me interested. I have a few ideas batting around already.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

One more interested party and I'll post the OOC.

Now, this is the corporation, so some of the prisoners and other workers may have lost limbs and vital organs, and received a cyborg replacement rather than pay out for an expensive cloned replacement (which do not have very lucrative service contracts). Some jobs may require enhancement - pilots typically have a specialized neuro-computer interface that allows them to link with their ship's command system (and not, say, a security drone or construction equipment), elite marines may have retained an encrypted cranial comm (great for talking to your team members, not so great as you're a walking camera that can be tapped by the Corporation).

Before anyone goes crazy, the corporation would not have let anyone kept anything that's weaponized. All implants must be approved by me first.
    Last edited by Enigma; 09-13-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Liked this idea, so poking it for visibility~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast