Thread: Fantasy or horror ole play check

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default Fantasy or horror ole play check

I've been craving a new role play. I really like fantasy or horror genres. I've been playing with the idea of an underwater city that encounters a zombie apocalypse. Please let me know if interested or if you have any other ideas. I just need a new story to play out. Thanks!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Aquamariners have long whispered about ships set out to sea. "Plague ships" they are called in the tongue of the bronzed-skin fishers who walk on the land and float the seas in hard, dark driftwood vessels. They do not shift and change like the Selkies who walk both sand and waves, carrying news and novelties for trade from the world above. No, the landwalkers are kept to their shores with only the adventurous few risking the winds and chop of the waterworld's surface to gather from the bounties of the deep.

Once in a while, one of the Mer is captured in fishing nets. It is the stuff of childhood tales warning the youngest away from venturing up too far within the reach of the spears and nets of their warriors. Still, the elite warrior-priestesses of the Mer, the Sirens, sometimes lure the feeble and enamoured onto the rocky outcroppings of islands uninhabitable to their kind. Lulled by their powerful songs and enchantments, the landwalkers who venture the waves are then dragged beneath the sea to their deaths. They provide the most powerful defense of the underwater realms, capable also of protective magicks that encircle settlements and cities like Aquamarine from eyes never meant to see them.

In the recent tidal cycles the Selkies have visited far less often, and the silence is marked by those who wait in the cool seas. Ships ablaze with fire have been spotted by both Sirens and fishers of the Mer - and there are unsettling stories that make little sense coming from the furthest, most sparse Mer settlements nearest the largest human ports of those who travel in the driftwood vessels who sink into the waters, but who do not die. It is rumoured that some even have overwhelmed Mer who attempt to defend themselves in regions where there are no Sirens. How could this be? And why have the Selkies not come to share their tidings and their trade?

A Kelpie foaming at the mouth with mossy, bleeding eyes arrives at the gates of Aquamarine. Astride its back sits a young Siren, pale green-blue skin a sickly gray with bits of fish-like skin fluttering free in the most disconcerting way. No on amongst the Mer could have guessed what death and madness the sailors lured from one of those burning ships would bring to their citadel. The shore-walkers plague is at the gates.

~Something like this?

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes something along those lines ! would you be interested?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Sure! That sounds fun, and sort of novel.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture