Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rise of Sun and Moon [IC] [M] (ADN&Moonlit_Fae)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Rayna was beginning the long journey back with Ishtar, her mind racing with what had just happened. She was finally going to prove herself! All the years of teasing and physical beatings had lead to this moment. Most had her to be unassuming and a nobody. But now she would show them who was wrong. Rayna would defend this village in her own way and bring glory. Blood lines and lineage did not matter. She was just as much a part of this village as the others even though she did not know who her parents were. Ishtar was just as good of a mother anyway and was well standing within the village. Rayna would protect her home and earn a good standing with her people. She only prayed her vanity and pride would not let her fail. Her intentions were not true, but she still had to give it a shot.

She was pulled from her thoughts as she looked up to see the strong Kiran reaching out her hand to her atop her noble stead. Rayna's breath was taken from her. Kiran looked so inviting and warm. She could not believe someone as striking and fierce would be offering her a ride. Rayna did not skip a beat though as she grabbed ahold of the other woman's hand and pulled herself up, swinging her legs around the beast beneath her. She was now atop the horse with the person whom she admired. The woman she would be spending the next few weeks with on their secret mission. Rayna always over thought things and calculated options before making decisions. But anything involving Kiran, she would leap at the oppurtunity and think on it later, even if she were to regret it.

Rayna did something that was bold of her. She wrapped her arms tightly around Kiran and pressed her body to hers, enjoying this moment for how short it would probably last. She was happy Kiran could not see the blush upon her cheeks. "Thank you, for this. Also I hope I do not let you down on our journey together. Perhaps we could get that spar match in before we head out?" As they rode on Rayna's multiple blonde braids flew behind her.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She froze when she felt Rayna's arms wrap around her waist. She was wearing furs on her back but she could still feel her cheek against her back. It was a good thing Rayna was behind her and couldn't see the blush on her face. Was it just seconds or had minutes gone by while she sat there frozen. Kiran didn't know but Rayna didn't seem to complain. It was only when Rayna spoke that she unfroze, “I'm sure we can find the time. If not maybe when we make camp tonight.” Kiran said, gently nudging her heel into the horse's side urging it to start trotting. When she had left the meeting hall her intention had been to ride as fast as she could back to the temple but now she was okay with a slow ride home. Rayna had always interested her though she had to admit she didn't know the other woman very well, their studies didn't leave much down time. Even when she was a child the games Zephyr had her play were forms of training.

The ride back was nice and the two of them didn't talk much. Kiran was spacing out most of the ride glad that the horse she was riding had been with her for close to eight years and knew where they were going. Kiran didn't need to guide it much. Her thoughts were lost in the mission and the woman behind her. What would happen out there? She had never really been on a mission without her guardian watching over her. It was exciting and terrifying at the same time. When they reached the temple Kiran helped Rayna down then lead her horse to the stables giving him some fresh hay before returning to Rayna. She knew the other woman wanted to spar but she was so wound up she wasn't sure she wouldn't hurt Rayna. “I missed morning prayers.” Kiran blurted out, then headed to the temple. It was true but not that big of deal. She had missed prayers before but today she needed the calm it brought her. Inside she knelt before the alter, closed her eyes and began chanting. Her hope was the chanting would focus her.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The two came back to the temple so quickly. Rayna felt a little disappointed. She had enjoyed just resting her head on Kiran's back and closed her eyes. The soft breeze upon her skin felt nice and when she was this close to Kiran, the sun did not hurt her as much. She had dozed off, since she normally slept during the day. This was definitely a trying time. Their first mission alone..together. Rayna just hoped she wouldn't let anyone down. As the horse stopped and Kiran helped her down, she blushed again. "Thank you..." she mumbled.

Rayna was going to invite Kiran back to her place and cook her a meal. To talk and get a plan in palce. But Kiran left so adruptly she was taken aback. She remained there silent as Kiran left. Rayna hoped Kiran had doubts about her. Rayna took this time to head back to her small hut she shared with Ishtar. She found her bed and fell asleep.

By the time Rayna awoke again she could hear the insects of the night chirping away. The sun had set and the moon was starting to rise. Rayna felt very rested. She bathed quickly and danwed on new birches and a simple tunic she tied at the waist with a belt. Her blonde dreaded hair was still pinned up with beads decorating in random areas. She grabebd her bow and arrows and made for the woods. She wondered what this night would bring.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Praying didn't help to calm Kiran's wandering thoughts. She was so wrapped up in the jumble of all the things that happened today. From being assigned a mission to the ride with Rayna. Though she had to admit it was the ride that clouded her thoughts more. She needed to get her head in the mission. Luckily she hadn't seen Rayna the rest of the day. Since the rhythmic chanting of prayer didn't help she turned to training. She spent hours going through martial arts routines. The sun was setting when she heard someone enter the clearing. When she turned the direction she heard someone there was no one there. A moment later Kiran spun blocking a kick to her head. It was followed by several punches. The attack only ended when Kiran was able to sweep her attacker knocking them to the ground. Kiran was on top of them pinning them to the ground. “Good, I thought you were too distracted to even see me coming.” Zephyr said, as Kiran let her up.

The young ward stood up and held her hand out to Zephyr helping the older woman up. “I have to admit I am a bit anxious.” Kiran said, pulling Zephyr up then ducking from another round house kick. She still had Zephyr's hand in her and quickly used it to spin her around pining her arm behind her. “Not today.” Kiran said, “Are we done?”

“Yes, yes.” Zephyr said, holding up her free hand in surrender. This caused Kiran to let her go and she stepped away. “You've been out here all day, I doubt you've stopped to eat. Come I have a boar cooking. Best to get a good meal in you before you leave. Solveig knows you can't cook worth shit.”

“Hey, I can't be expected to be perfect at everything.” Kiran said, as they walked back to the temple. The closer they got the more she could smell the wonderful smell of the roasting boar. Zephyr was an amazing cook. She started to reach for a plate and a knife to cut off a piece. Her hand was slapped away. “Go wash up first. And invite Ishtar and her ward. I think I saw her walking to the woods.”

Kiran nodded and walked to the woods seeing Rayna walking with her bow. “Zephyr has a boar cooking so you don't have to catch dinner.”

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Rayna was in her own thoughts walking her normal path as she started for the night. Then a voice startled her and she let out a soft gasp. She turned to see Kiran. "Oh..yes I suppose so. But I should also gather food for our trip. I know we leave tomorrow. I would not want to take from the village. They hate us enough already.", she said with a laugh trying to be funny.

Then a small silence fell between them. Rayna decided to address the issue she thought had made Kiran act so stoic to her earlier in the day. "Kiran, look I know you are strong and probably do not want to be stuck with me on this journey. I just want you to know...I will be loyal and prove my worth to you and this village. My skills just need to be honed. However I am a great look out and I can provide for us. Also I am good at healing with my magical abilities. I will not let you down." She let her blue eyes hold hers, like a strong storm with resilliance and purpose.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Kiran laughed at her comment about the village hating them. It was more her than Rayna that she hated. With Rayna she always felt that the village only didn't like her because she was different while with her she had given them a reason to hate her. When she was picked on she fought back causing more problems. She knew when she fought back it would make things worse but she couldn't stand by. Thinking about it now it probably made things worse for Rayna too. She was about to apologize when Rayna beat her to it and apologized for not being as strong at her.

The other woman always seemed to be beating herself up over not being the warrior Kiran was. But there were so many things Rayna was better at than her. “Not even the gods can do everything by themselves. They work together in harmony. Where one lacks in strength another steps in to help them. It is only then that they can achieve their greatness. We strive to be the best we can be but have to learn from the gods to lean on others.” Kiran said, surprising herself how much she sounded like Zephyr. All the hours during her life that the guardian had told that she couldn't do everything herself. No doubt the older woman would be proud to hear her now.

“Come on then, with both of us working we'll have your traps cleaned out in no time.” Kiran said, resting her hand on Rayna's shoulder. “I'm shit at salting and curing but I am quite handy with a knife. I'll have whatever we catch skinned in no time.”

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Rayna could not help but smile with Kiran's words. She was happy to know the woman was not dissapointed for having her along for the journey. It was almost as if she was looking forward to their journey and saw some worth within Rayna. "You know you sounded just like Zephyr there for a minute." She said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. "Thank you by the way. I know I can be hard on myself. I just wanted to know I would not hold you back." As Kiran suggested the two of them clean the traps she gave a nod.

Soon the two were walking side by side deep into the woods. The nocturnal animals were now coming out and Rayna could almost sense all of the beast life around her. Her creamy skin seemed to give off a faint glow as the moon began to rise in the sky. She couldn't help but feel her strength coming to. Rayna always wondered how Kiran felt at night. Her strength always seemed to beam during the day when the sun was highest.

"Do you ever wonder why we were dropped off at this village? It is strange that we both are orphans and were raised here. We came around the same time too. Do you think our parents knew eachother?" Rayna started to talk as they came upon each trap and cleaned it out. The first few were empty. The last one they came across held a fat rabbit.

Rayna did not know why she felt comfortable talking to Kiran about this. It was just she never had the oppurutiniy to before. Kiran was the only other one who understood her. Rayna was ashamed for the longest time of her heritage and was shushed by her guardian to keep quiet. But now that they were about to leave to prove themselves to this village they called home, she couldn't help but want answers and closure.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

As the sun set Kiran could feel herself getting tired. It was always like this, to say Kiran wasn't a night owl was an understatement. She was glad they were at the last trap. Once Rayna got the rabbit free Kiran offered to carry it for her, tying it onto her staff. On the walk back to the temple Rayna mentioned if she thought about how she came to this village and her parents. A subject she rarely thought about. Mostly because of how it made her feel. She tried to well up the feelings that rushed into her chest. “My parents didn't give a damn about me so why the hell should I give a damn about them?” Kiran said, the anger and hurt clear in her voice. “I mean what kind of person abandons their child in the desert? I've asked Zephyr so many about that day and not once has she ever said there was any signs of my parents. No remains, no signs of a fight. Just nothing. They just left me there. If I ever have children I will fight to my last dying breath not abandon them.”

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Rayna nodded in understanding. "I know what you mean. It is hard to come to terms knowing you are not wanted. My siutation was similiar. I was found at sea floating along and happned upon by the fisherman of this village. When I was brought back Ishtar took me in and raised me. I guess my story could be different, maybe my family was lost in a shipwreck. But something tells me I was just tossed away to be food for the fishes..." Despite feeling a great sadness she remaind calm and could keep her emotions at bay. Unlike her feisty friend. She could definitely see the differences in their personalities. Despite being total opposites, they still find solace in each other.

"I am sorry to have brought it up. It has just been so long...." She stopped herself. Instead as they were on the outskirts of the village Rayna stepped in front of Kiran. "Would you allow me to test one of my abilities out on you?" She did not know how to explain it. Just like the moon influences emotions and the psyche, Rayna found sometimes when she touched people she could calm them and soothe their emotions. It helped to keep the negative emotions at bay and she could influence others. So far she had used it on forest animals to help them when they were passing or injured. It even helped to save her a few times from being attacked by a rabid animal. She wondered if her powers could work on humans as well. She would do anything to stop the anger Kiran was feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12