Thread: DEAD CITY [M] OOC (Bluemoon & J'Von)

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Default DEAD CITY [M] OOC (Bluemoon & J'Von)

DEAD CITY: population 127

There were several lines crossing through the original number of 305, new calculations written in hastily wherever there was space. It was an estimation, very loosely based on sightings and guesstimates, hardly an accurate census of the living population that dwelled within the city of the dead. The hand-made sign, skewered on a metal stake, was driven into the ground just outside the stone walls and wrought iron gate in front of the Newbury Estate, an old plantation that had been updated shortly before the war of the dead in the year of 2038.

It boasted ten bedrooms, each with a large fireplace, and five bathrooms. There was also a grand ballroom which had been converted into a dorm-like sleeping area with various cots and mattresses strewn about. It was mostly empty now, but at one time the room had been filled with the chatter of friends and family. The years had taken most of them and now it stood as an empty reminder of the early days, when hope was still strong that a cure...or rescue...was inevitable. There was several other rooms, most serving a different purpose than they were meant for, but the kitchen, with its large elongated table, still served dinner for the group as a whole. It was the one time that everyone tried to be present, as it was when the local updates and important information were passed along.

The outside grounds had weathered as well. They had once been well-maintained, but nature had been allowed to take over most of the five acres that were fenced in with the stone wall. There were many gardens in the summer, and the inground pool was used to collect rain water that kept the vegetables thriving. Apple trees were also plentiful, but their harvest was declining, the maggot worms taking a lot of the produce each year due to the lack of pesticide sprays. Hunting had become the norm, and a few of the people residing in the estate had become fairly proficient at keeping meat on the table. But a community could nor survive on meat alone, and the days seemed to be getting colder, the nights longer, and the dead more plentiful.

~~~~~~~~~~

It will be in the mountainous state of Montana that the place of residence for our handful of unlucky survivors will stand, the plantation their home away from home. Some will have traveled to the state, and some were born, but either way, the house has become a refuge for weary travelers. Having weathered through two years of the infectious disease, life has only been getting harder, resources more scarce, and the dead more vicious. Food runs are becoming more frequent and infinitely more dangerous. Life is fragile but death is easy.

Our story will start on the 19th day of February, 2040, on a bitter cold day in the foothills of Montana. Dress accordingly, as there will be little time to don an extra layer of clothing while evading the ever hungry predators. Today a small party will be sent out to find provisions...two girls, hardly met...and each will be supplied a list of necessary items. Be on your guard...carry your weapons at the ready. ...and be sure to watch each others backs.

Okay...we can add details as we see fit. I prefer a pretty barebones character sheet so my character can develop along the way, but feel free to dress yours up however you feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Completed CS to follow)

Name: Julie Ann Kramer (Jules)

Sex: F

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Jules 

Personality: Since the outbreak, Jules has changed dramatically, her once outgoing personality becoming a bit more reserved. She is typically friendly, but rarely forms long-lasting bonds, as she never stays in one place for too long.

History:
    Last edited by bluemoon; 09-23-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Name: Alice "Winter" Lex

Sex: F

Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Personality: Shy, Quiet. Brave.

History: *WIP*

There we go. Sorry for the long wait.
    Last edited by MidKnight; 09-25-2020 at 03:08 AM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I have made some additions and changes in my post above. If there is anything you want to add please let me know. My CS is also a work in progress.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I was trying to find a character with white hair but I wasn't finding anything suitable. But I guess this one will do. The set up is good. I like it. We can start whenever you want.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Would you like to start the IC?

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I'll try and see if I can. My job apparently moved us to 12 hour shifts so I'll be busy mostly.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Take whatever time you need J'Von. If you need to put this on hold, that is also fine. Real life comes first.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Hey Blue, do you want to make the IC?

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Since I started the OOC, I would ask that you start the IC.