Thread: (M) The Light within the Dark OOC (Alura x Siks RP)

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) The Light within the Dark OOC (Alura x Siks RP)

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, alcohol, and drug use.

The Light within the Dark

In a land of eternal darkness...can light still be found?

Story: Deep beneath the surface of our world there lies another world...a forgotten one. A world locked in an eternal night. The land of Nyx is home to people adapted to the endless night, the Inkkin who use magic and their own spirits to create light and weapons to protect their ancient homeland from all manner of threats. Monsters from the deepest recess of the dark land, Inkkin who burn with a hatred for their own people and people who have just burned out.

The Darklighters, Inkkin who used up their MagInk and their souls to become denizens of darkness. Mindless, souless, and who only desire to see all light extinguished. The mortal enemies of all Inkkin people...at least that's what the Church and it's corrupt leader the Beacon teach every Inkkin. Darklighters are killed on sight and anyone who becomes one are publicly executed if they cannot escape the Lightbringer's axe.

But sometimes fate works in mysterious ways. Living far from the high walls of the civilized settlements an unusual Inkkin exists. One born with a unique and mysterious MagInk called Force, for his entire life he's lived alone with no one telling him why or how. He grew up hard and grew up quick relying only on himself. It was lonely yes...but it also allowed him to see the world outside the strict tenets of the Beacon's religion. And while he did see Darklighters as more trouble than not, he also knew life is never what it seems. And it has a habit smashing preconceived notions and showing you the Light within the Dark.

Spoiler: Forcebreaker the Forsaken 
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 09-21-2020 at 03:56 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

|Name| Narcerena Zolykur ("Nah-seh-reh-nah Zohl-ee-koor")
    |Age| 34
    |Gender| Female

|Appearance| Narcerena is a typical specimen of Darklighter females. She is unusually athletic and her physique reflects her occupation as a living weapon as is true of all of the fighters trained by the Darklighter Church. Her face and body are peppered with non-MagInk tattoos and piercings to attest to her skill and considerable position. Her hair is shaved away from her ears and is twisted back into a fishtail that hangs just between the points of her shoulderblades.

|Race| Darklighter

|Racial Skills and Abilities|
    • |Channel| Spark/No Affinity | Darklighters cannot wield MagInk with their own body, but all have the potential to channel through an uncorrupted Inkkin. Ability varies with each individual with newly corrupted who were exceptional natural wielders prior to their burn out having the highest likelihood of a strong affinity. It is rumoured that the most powerful and veangeful of these Darklighters can even corrupt another Inkkin by channeling too much through their victim. Each generation of Darklighter in a bloodline loses some of their affinity for this racial trait, but a spark at least usually remains.

• |Evade| Expert | Darklighters are exceptionally hard to catch. For trained Church fighters, they have an edge dodging attacks.

• |Reverie| Intermediate | Used to the subterranean world and resilient, Darklighters do not need as much sleep as one might expect. Trained fighters and clerics in particular can meditate and sway their biorhythms in order to recuperate and heal. This boon is believed to exist as one of the ways Darklighter bodies compensate for whatever causes them not to be able to channel with MagInk themselves and extends the time between required rest. While they are not regenerative healers, they can speed along minor wound recovery in this same way.

• |Shadow Dance| Expert | Even if they do not become fighters, all Darklighters must learn to fend off the dangers that lurk throughout Nyx. For this reason even the very young are taught to hone their senses in the darkness and do their best not to leave a trace that might lead hidden dangers home. They become so good at this practice that they are difficult to track and are skilled at both tracking and stealthy/sneaky movement in turn.

|Normal Skills and Abilities|
    • |Pole Weapon Proficiency| Expert | Staves
    • |Bladed Weapon Proficiency| Advanced | Swords, Daggers, Throwing Knives, Chain Blades
    • |Unarmed Combat Proficiency| Advanced |
    • |Traps & Snares Proficiency| Intermediate | Construct, Arm, Disarm
    • |Alchemical Proficiency| Intermediate | Brewing, Fermentation

|Weapons|
    • Swordstaff
    • Chain Blade
    • Dagger
    • Poison

|Armor|
    • Simple Set of Regular Clothing (Blouse, Belt, Trousers, Boots)
    • Metal-Studded Set of Dark Brown Leather Armour (Baldric, Jerkin, Vambraces, Greaves)
    • Veil for Hair/Face

|Equipment|
    • Leather Thong (1)
    • Water Skin (1)
    • Belt Pouches (6)
    • Antidote Vials (3)
    • Poison Vials (3)
    • Strips of Salted Meat (12)
    • Dried Mushrooms (4)
    • Fire Starter Kit (1) - [Clump of Dried Fungal Kindling (1), Jasper Stone (1), Pyrite Firestriker (1)]
    • Simple Sewing Kit (1) - [Bone Needles (3), Spool of Thread (1)]
    • Simple Sharpening Kit (1) - [Small Whetstone (1), Oil Flask (1), Cloth Scrap (2)]

|Personality| Prefers solitude and often volunteers for long exploratory or scouting missions within Nyx. Soft-spoken and leery of strangers, she is more likely to greet new faces with blades before questions. Fortunately, she is good at remaining unseen from most eyes and has little occasion for such things. Her devotion to her people and their righteous indignation at the machinations of The Beacon and her Lightbringers is strong. She is an unlikely ally, but a loyal one once her respect and good opinion have been earned.

|Likes|
    • Hot Baths
    • Gemstones
    • Glow Worms

|Dislikes|
    • Disloyalty
    • The Beacon
    • The Lightbringers

|Background| Darklighter fighters of any real skill have a perpetual tether to the Darklighter Church. Counter to The Beacon, they have their own beliefs that are predicated on the sentiment that all MagInk bearers within The Beacon's Inkkin Church are inherently evil and willing to greedily turn on their own by channeling them until their bodies are used up entirely. Since Darklighters are from Inkkin bloodlines that once could cast, but now can only bear non-MagInk tattoos, they use them to mark their martial and/or Channeling affinities and the number of Lightbringers they kill. Such things are considered honourable as it prevents more Inkkin from being used up, though the Clergy of the Darklighter Church prefer to have Lightbringers captured alive so that they can be subjected to the same fate they force upon first-generation Darklighters. Needless to say, the transition is painful and most who are forcibly burned out do not long survive.

Despite her trust in the Darklighter Clergy, as she has grown in skill and distinguished herself from her peers Narcerena has been given increasingly bloody tasks. She has begun to feel uneasy that the Darklighters are treating other Inkkin as they fault the Beacon and Lightbringers for doing. Can they truly be justified in such behaviour? Still, what choice do they have if they wish to become stronger than The Beacon and her minions? The Clergy have become bolder of late, and there are whispers of plans to redress the imbalance of MagInk power once and for all. Perhaps sensing her unrest, the Clergy have attempted to increase her time close to the Darklighter Church by assigning her as a mentor to many of the young fighter candidates.

Narcerena has been happy training so far, but has insisted on maintaining her regular scouting forays. Curious to see what might be causing the worry amongst the Darklighter Clergy she has also been pushing further into the MagInk Church's territories looking for anything that might hint at what could be to come. After nearly two decades holding the lines against the MagInk scum, she dares not yet fully think on whether the Clergy could be just as guilty as The Beacon.

Despite the importance placed on bloodlines, Darklighter culture is communal. All children are raised according to their talents. As a fighter she was raised by the mentors who trained fighter candidates. Most of her happiest times were spent sparring and training with her peers, and she exceled. Now she is one of the most celebrated of the Darklighter fighters, rewarded with the elite title of Nightstrider, though there are a few more veteran who she respects and seeks out for counsel when needed. The equivalent title amongst those Darklighters with the ability to Channel rather than fight is called Nightcaller. Narcerena is a seventh-generation Darklighter - one of the oldest bloodlines, and thus one of the least MagInk attuned. To the best of her knowledge she has no MagInk affinity at all, despite the Clergy's insistence that all within Nyx possess at least a spark.

Still, other than a deep mistrust and hatred for The Beacon and the Inkkin Church that the Lightbringers serve; her life has been simple and hard, but rewarding.

|Other| Narcerena likes to adopt little hiding spots and caverns where she caches random things, some useful and some not so. Little remnants of the world above can sometimes be found abandoned in the tunnels and never having been to the surface she wonders what the Blue Night above Nyx might be like. Her favourite of these places is what might be called a grotto that contains a colourful rock collection and the choicest of these found treasures.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm I really like her and I have an interesting idea for how we can introduce our heroes. He raids one of her little treasure troves.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

How very dare he.

I like it!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

lol.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

IC is up hurr!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Neato