Hey y'all! There's this plot for a particular long-running OC of mine that I've been looking to write for a long time now. Lemme tell you a little bit about myself and what I'm looking for in a writing partner, then delve into the plot and character I have in mind!

The Writer
  • I'm 30, and would prefer my partner to be of roughly the same age. Please don't approach me for plotting if you're below the age of 25. Nothing personal, it just makes me feel weird, and I wouldn't want to be 'that creep' writing with someone half my age.
  • Though English is my second language, I consider myself to be a fairly literate writer, and would like for you to be one as well.
  • That being said, I prefer quality to quantity. The length of my own replies may vary, depending on what the thread calls for (could go anywhere from 200 to 3000+ words). I won't mind whether you match my length or not, as long as you give me something to work with.
  • I'm an absolute sucker for long-term, slow-burn plots and, again, ask that you would be as well. Give both me and my character a chance to get to know you and your character and get invested before jumping into anything too deep.
  • I take a little while warming up to people so, while I won't be unfriendly or unwelcoming OOC, please give me a little while to get to know you. That being said, I adore in-depth plotting and psycho-analyzing the absolute shit out of our characters, and will absolutely be that person to send you plot ideas and headcanons at 3 AM.
  • I live in a weird timezone and my schedule is kind of hectic. I'll likely be available to reply to our threads once or twice a week, and am looking for a partner with similar levels of activity. While I may not be available for long periods of time throughout the day, I usually will be available for OOC chatter daily.
  • NSFW is optional. I consider it as important an aspect of character/relationship development as any, but I'm far more comfortable discussing it than actually writing it.
  • On a similar note: I love shipping, it gives me life - but I need the plot to have actual substance beyond the ship itself. I'm also only looking for mxm ships at the moment.
  • I don't have any triggers myself and, though I'll obviously respect whichever boundaries you may have, if you have trouble dealing with sensitive topics such as substance abuse, physical abuse, mental illness and the such - we likely won't be a good match.
  • I have roughly 15 years of roleplay experience under my belt - most of which has been on Tumblr. I'm comfortable writing either over there or over here, though I'm also not opposed to using Google Docs or Discord.
  • As the plot and character found below would suggest, I tend to create a character and then stick to writing it for a long time. However, it's important to note that I'm not looking for someone who would just cater to my character/ideas. There's nothing I love more than collaborating and learning about people's OCs! The plot I'm looking to write is merely a bare skeleton, and I would love to develop and build it around both our characters' lives, so that they both get a chance to be in the spotlight when they need it.

The Plot and Character
Alright, so, here's the thing: I have this mercenary character that I've been writing for a good few years now, and I've been dying to do this epic on-again-off-again romance plot with him. I normally write him in his mid-40s, but I would absolutely love to do a plot where he meets someone during either his teens or early 20s, for them to possibly fall madly in-love with one another -- only to drift apart at some point (I'll specify on this later on). The think they'll never meet again but, plot twist: they do. No matter how hard they might try to stay away from one another, they find that they keep slipping in and out of each other's lives; be it intentionally or otherwise.

In a nutshell, Cal (that's my boy's name) grows up poor in a small English town during the 1980s, all of which (his unfortunate home situation, the Thatcher administration and the rise of punk culture) really shapes who he is as a teen. He volunteers for the SAS when he turns 18 (a possible point for them to drift apart at) and winds up fighting in the Gulf War, where he's ultimately injured in an incident which also kills about half of his squad. Naturally, Cal doesn't handle this too well; PTSD, depression, anger issues, substance abuse and all that fun stuff ensues. He eventually moves to the US mid-90s in the hopes of making a new life for himself (yet another possible point for them to drift apart at), and shortly thereafter becomes a mercenary. While he does enjoy the job during its first decade or so and gets to travel all across the globe, it also takes its toll on him, hiking up his paranoia and driving him to become a drifter and cut ties with everyone he knows (again: another possible point for them to drift apart at). Personality-wise, he's the quiet type, doesn't really have a way with words and tends to turn hostile when he's misunderstood -- but, that being said, once he learns to trust someone, he's also fiercely loyal and sentimental and will always put the well being of his loved ones above all (often above his own wellbeing).

Now, just to say: I'll be happy to change or play around with any of the details mentioned above in order to make them fit the plot we come up with - and I'll be happy to delve into farther detail in case anything I mention is too vague or unclear.

As for the character I'm looking to pair him with - it really is a blank slate, in my mind, and I invite you to let your imagination run wild. They could be a civilian, a law enforcer or, like Cal, a criminal; they could have a personality similar to his, or they could be polar opposites. The relationship could be a healthy one, or it could just as easily turn toxic. Long story short: I'd love to work on this with you if you're interested! Looking forward to hearing from you guys