Thread: Crash Landing: Hello

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Modern, Supernatural, Original
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hello Crash Landing: Hello

Hello there! My name's Candace, but you can (and most likely will) address me as Meringue Pop or MP across the site. For simplicity's sake, I'll just list out things about me in bullet form.

GENERAL

• I'm an Asian woman in her mid 20s. English was my third language, but it has gradually become my de facto speaking language. I used to speak better Cantonese and Mandarin. I can also understand Malay, Indo and Japanese a little.
    • I'm a big fan of the JRPG scene and tend to incorporate them into my roleplays. Most, if not all of the combat roleplays I used to do had stats and dice/coin tosses for that damage and hit/miss. My favourite franchise is Persona.
    • I do not like to watch anime despite enjoying the art. On occasions, I make exceptions when my loved ones pester/bribe me enough. Here's a quick list of my completed stuff:

Spoiler: Completed Anime List 

ROLEPLAY

• I've been going at it on-and-off for 13 years now. Started off from Chatango but was put off when people started writing a lot for the sake of being verbose, which brings us to ...
    • I prefer quality over quantity. If the same amount of engagement can be made with an easier-to-digest post, then I'd much prefer that. Nothing dries up my creativity juice tank more than a post that mandates several times worth of re-reading.
    • I struggle with some degree of depression, paranoia and social anxiety due to years of severe bullying at a workplace. Social distancing has exacerbated the situation and now I'm free to just disappear from all forms of contact with everyone for days on end when a meltdown happens. Please be aware that I get into a "zombie trance" which can go from a day to a week of absence, sometimes without a word. It's nothing personal against you (I've had people ask me if I'm mad at them because I went radio silent before). Please don't make me your only writing partner. If you wait for me on bated breath, you might just die because I don't know CPR.

If you have to leave for a while, I don't mind at all, though I would send a little message after a few weeks just to check up on you. I don't want you to think that I'm lusting after your brain and don't care for your well-being at all because if we've got a good thing going on, surely you must be a very interesting individual that I enjoy interacting with.
    • When I'm not in a mood, I can reply twice or thrice a week for RP posts, not including the weekends.
    • While I'd peg myself as a "seasoned" and/or "detailed" roleplayer, I think I'll just include a few samples of my writing here! That way you can determine if my narrative style is compatible with yours. Generally, I just ask for my writing partner to supply at least two paragraphs of text (one to follow-up and react to my previous post, and one to give me materials to work off of). Anything less than 30 words is sparse for me, but I also feel pressured when I'm met with a wall of text hitting 3 pages worth of read.

Spoiler: Paranormal 

Spoiler: Survival, Romance 

Speaking of romance, I only write that genre with people of my age or older (20+), since I don't know if smut will be involved or not so I want to play it safe (I'm personally impartial). This also applies to anything that warrants for a rating above PG. And hey, I wholly welcome someone who can whip up a plot that is family-friendly and still engaging; it's been ages since that's happened.

So then, nice to meet you! Till we cross paths in the request board.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Hi @Meringue Pop; sorry your post was delayed as it got flagged by our moderation system for some reason!! Welcome to the site! Please let us know if you have any questions while finding your way around.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Dna's Welcome Center located inside 
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Are you... a catatonic bunny pretending to be lemon meringue pie?

And you have a mint bow?

You're mine now, smol sleepy friend. I adopt you. It's done. Welcome!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you very much! And yes, I was wondering if there was something wrong with my IP. I've had an experience on another (gaming) site that informed me of suspicious activity on my IP address before, but that was years ago. Quite baffling to think the IP I had was owned by a shady person before. Right now, I have an issue trying to access my notifications. Is it because I'm a new member and have to wait for a period of time?

- - - Updated - - -

The Li Shang GIF is bringing me Vietnamese flashbacks after watching the 2020 Mulan film ... But anyway, thank you for the navi!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alura View Post
    Are you... a catatonic bunny pretending to be lemon meringue pie?

And you have a mint bow?

You're mine now, smol sleepy friend. I adopt you. It's done. Welcome!

*bashful bunny noises*

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Hello and welcome to RPA, Meringue Pop!

Concerning notifications, yes, while you are still a new member, you will have a few limitations with what you can do. But once you get a few more posts in you'll automatically turn into a regular Member and those limitations will disappear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up!

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Oh I love me some fluffy bunnies!! Welcome to RPA! If you need any questions answered or just want a ramble, give me a buzz (PM)!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Welcome to our site, I hope you have a great time here.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤