Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: |M| {The Light within the Dark} |1x1| Alura x Siks |

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Asleep, but alert. F.B.'s mind and ears followed the woman about the cave while his eyes and body rested. He doubted she'd be able to kill him even if he was fully asleep, but when you live outside the walls you can never truly afford to go fully asleep. The sandstorm raged on for many hours outside their little shelter. Been many a long year since he's witnessed such a relentless storm. Most sandstorms out in Nyx last a few hours at most, but this one has been going on for a day and half by his reckoning.

A paranoid part of his mind would say there is more to this storm than just a storm. Maybe the Beacon and Darklighter Church are working on concert to deter this annoying woman on her quest? As much as she spoke of wishing to bring trade and peace to the people of the night, he doubted all her superiors fell the same way. Politics are politics no matter where you live. Still he would keep his mouth shut for now, the truth will come out eventually.

When Blue Night arrived and the woman stirred to get ready for the day the man watched her through half-lidded eyes. Studying her movements and face twitches she was a restless one of this he was sure. As she addressed him he opened his eyes and smiled standing to his full height stretching tall listening to all his joints pop and click. "Was just waiting on you." He chuckled before strapping on his sword and shield followed by his back before he walked briskly from the cave.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

"Mmph." Narcerena replied ambivalently. She had extracted the venom from the cave leeches and smeared them in ash from the fire before securing them to her belt, where they waggled and occasionally made squelchy thumps as she walked and jumped along their path.

After they had gone on for some time in relative silence, Narcerena lowered her veil and sniffed the air. Turning to Forcebreaker she mouthed, "Do you smell that?" The faint smell of smoke was in the air and a trace of sulfur with it.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Breathing deep at her urging he nodded slowly pulling his sword free of it's sheath. Letting out a low growl, he narrowed his eyes spinning lightly around. He'd been keeping track of their direction and when he felt the air heat up to his left he quickly spun around and deflected the fireball away from them sending it off to the left before he shouted out laughing. "Nice try Firegale, but already hit me with your surprise frieball. I won't let happen again!"

Despite the fireball having come from their left a woman's sultry voice sounded from the right. "Guess, I should've aimed for the pretty toy you brought with you. Though taking potshots at Darklighters is never all that fun." As the voice stopped the air and wind that have been obscuring their visions for the past few hours just left showing them the breathtaking beauty of the Emerald Canyon. Huge monoliths of precious emerald stones stood tall all around them they glowed with the same internal fire the Inkkin did.

Mistess Firegale was crouching upon a large flat stone about ten feet above Narcerena and Forcebreaker. Dressed in a leather bra, pants and boots she looked very much like the savage female version of Forcebreaker.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Where Forcebreaker had drawn his weapon and parried the searing fireball, Narcerena had chosen relocation as her method of avoiding attack. Cat-like she had sprung from his side and up onto a nearby stone outcropping a few paces back along the path they had traveled, crouched and watchful as the smoke cleared to reveal the source of the sensuous voice.

She had not been sure what to expect of the woman, but at least could say certainly now that Forcebreaker's description had been accurate. The fire she had expected, but the control of smoke and air was an even deadlier combination. Her face remained still, but a trickle of sweat ran down her skin. She did not like this pair together. One might be possible to fend off in a fight, but in combination she would be hard-pressed to escape. Victory seemed unlikely.

The glimmer of the canyon beckoned to Narcerena, but she forced her attention to remain on the attacker. Once she was sure the woman had finished her game there might be time to appreciate the beauty. Rising to her feet fully and hopping lightly down from the safety of the rock, she brushed aside her veil and lifted her face to the woman. Removing the leeches from her belt, she raised them to dangle between them.

"Eat with us?"

Not the most polite of greetings, but at least it wasn't a fireball.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sheathing his sword he shook his head at Firegale. "She's a springy one, potshotting her would be quite the challenge." Like Narce, Firegale hopped down from her little platform. Now at ground level Firegale was actually much smaller than she seemed. Shorter than the Darklighter woman and while muscular was not overly broad. In fact change her hair style and clothing and she could pass for a young teenager rather than a fully grown woman.

Still she walked with the assurance of a warrior, no step was wasted and each movement had a predatory fluidity to it. If Forcebreaker was a lumbering bear, Firegale was a panther. She stopped a few feet from the pair looking the man up and down with a smirk before turning her attention to the other woman studying her offering. "Ah Cave Leeches haven't had them in awhile, they'll go nice with my Lagoss Frog stew, but first I'd like introductions. Anyone traveling with this asshole is either fully crazy or about to go crazy. I'm Firegale so who are you Darklighter?"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Warily watching the pair of them, Narcerena smirked at Firegale's estimation of Forcebreaker's traveling companions. She wasn't far from the mark. "Somewhere between the two. I'm a Nightstrider come to offer trade within Darklighter territory."

Risking a move closer, she lifted the leeches to the other woman. "You call wind and fire like he calls stone." She nodded to the hulking man. She had noticed it during their brief battle, that he did not have a need to touch or be directly beside what he channeled. He had pulled stones from walls away from him and even behind his opponent as she had misdirected attention to an attack away from her. It was impressive for one person to be able to do, set aside without the use of some sort of trap or trigger. She thumbed the cord the leeches hung from uneasily.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Firegale smirked taking offered leeches and slinging them over her shoulder. "You say that like it won't destroy the very fabric of this shitty little cave world we're all stuck in." She stuck one of her hips out looking the Darklighter up and down. "I command Fire and Wind F.B commands pure energy. Never mistake that girl, and you never did say your name. I assume even among Darklighters you have names you call each other. You'll have to tell us your name if you want a taste of stew though, even among Darklighters I'm sure you have names."

Turning on her heel she began walking across the canyon trail sauntering the way only a small woman can saunter. Forcebreaker chuckled clicking his tongue lightly as he crossed his arms and followed Firegale. "She's a fun one isn't she?" He asked giving another low chuckle before we walked through the crack in the wall the Firegale vanished through.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Narcerena simply stood and stared at the woman as she was sized up, holding in a sigh at the mention of names. She had been careful to keep personal things out of her conversations. There was no real reason why she oughtn't, and names would mean little to these outsiders she imagined... Still, it was a Nightstrider imperative to say nothing to outside soldiers, especially Channelers, that might have a use against others. Capture and death were no excuse for fraternisation and home settlement was first and foremost. Still, she supposed she had come this far. If a name was the cost of business then it was a small price to pay. No doubt it would be pleasant to the Clergy to find her exposed in such a way: it should make it easier to pin her into a position out of the field and under their thumb, so to speak.

As Firegale walked away, the Nighstrider let out the breath she had been holding and scowled at Forcebreaker.

"Fun," Narcerena agreed with a longsuffering look, resigning herself. She was still not entirely sure if his presence would be helpful or harmful to her meeting with Firegale, but considering she wasn't cinders it could still be worse than it was at that moment.

She crunched her way across the pebbled cave floors and angled herself through the crack in the wall. She squinted around on the other side, taking in the scene.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The last few feet of the crack F.B. hand came out and pulled the Darklighter the rest of the way out. There was almost a popping sound as she came out. As the light of a fire fills the smaller space one could see they were in a crater of some sort broken through the canyons around them. It was obvious Firegale has been living here for a while.

Animal pelts and heads hung on the smooth rock walls like trophies. The taxidermy was surprisingly well done for likely all done by hand in the very canyon crater. About a third of the crater was actually taken up by a garden full of a variety of plants and vegetables. Next was a hut made of wood and thatch, it held a bed and a place to lounge should the weather be turbulent outside. The rest of the crater was filled with outside furniture worn smooth from the frequent use like a bed made of stone, table chairs made of wood, and a training field with straw dummies that showed scorch marks and sword damages.

Forcebreaker smiled and nodded to the woman. "Welcome to Firegale Camp, Darklighter." He gave the woman a wink and walked towards Firegale's cooking fire where the fiery woman was already beginning to cook the leeches.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Tensing at the tug on her person, Narcerena glanced back at the seam through which they had traveled at the sound of a pop when she came fully free. Turning from it, she felt half-blind looking around the illuminated canyon. It was not brilliantly filled with the blue light of Forcebreaker's other friends, but the flora alone was like a paradise. Such things never grew in Darklighter territory, and the vegetation and materials they did manage to scrape together were transported by a very few of their Nightstriders and apprentices over a very long time. Cultivation was one of the highest tasks a civilian could undertake, and those who excelled lived perhaps one of the most luxurious lives a Darklighter might hope to have.

Here, alone, Firegale seemed to have made an impressive place for herself. Narcerena wondered idly why Forcebreaker had not made a place like this for himself. Then again, she supposed she had no real idea if he had. She looked at him, recalibrating her estimation of him as he winked and walked to join the other woman by the cooking fire.

Instead of following immediately, she carefully made a circuit of the crater. She touched nothing, only inspected for traps and took a closer look at the crops that were still dazzling abundant in her eyes. Where had Firegale even found them? When she could avoid conversation no longer, she rubbed the back of her neck in irritation and squared her shoulders, rejoining the little group as the leeches were bubbling.

"Lovely home," She managed. Realising this might seem a bit sparse, she dug around for something more to say and trailed on, "Bit stuffy, the rest of your family."

She looked off at the straw dummies and back to the pair, nothing in her face or body language otherwise indicating that she had made an attempt at a joke.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast