Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diplomacy-Based RP?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InfraredHero View Post
    Yeah, I've thought about a game where we play as members of a high council of one government, and that's something I'd totally be down to run too. If you guys are interested, which idea would you want to do more? Individual empire/kingdoms/whatever, or everyone is a member of the same council?
    I actually have a few ideas for a Tudor-inspired royal court that I’m not going to have time to turn into a RP anytime soon, so I’d be happy to “donate” them to this RP if you’re interested.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Xalian View Post
    Actually I could see you being more the Spymaster if we did the grand council thing Alura
    You only say that because you know I have the hats for it.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I actually have a few ideas for a Tudor-inspired royal court that I’m not going to have time to turn into a RP anytime soon, so I’d be happy to “donate” them to this RP if you’re interested.
    And I can donate some of my ideas for a medieval fantasy nation-building RP which included a high council complete with ranks.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alura View Post
    I like both ideas, honestly. We've jokingly ad-libbed the Ottoman-Couch Alliance in Downtown, so I think doing a proper version of that could be fun, haha. But you've all touched on the pro's and con's already, I think.
    I'm gonna be honest, the Ottoman-Couch Alliance was one of the things that motivated me to work on making this into a thing.

Would it be easier to GM a High Council in the sense that the lore of the game is linear for each of us in the overall context of the history of the country and a set pool of resources/power to be had? More cloak and dagger definitely, but if the council is meeting regularly we shouldn't have an issue with bumping into each other.
    Honestly, I think they would be about the same effort to GM either one. As far as lore is concerned, if we went with separate countries for all, that's almost something that each person could deal with for themselves. If we went with non-fiction, you've already got something to go off of. If fiction, I'd probably let people create their factions backstory/lore for themselves. With some guidelines, of course.

Now, managing resources/power might be easier in a high council game, but if we go with the separate factions, I'd almost be tempted to just simplify it to something along the lines of a strategy game so that it's easier for me to overlook as a GM, but also so players aren't overwhelmed with stuff to manage.

Did you have a preference of GMing between the two, Infrared?
    Nah, I'd love to GM either one. I've had the idea of running a game where each player ran their own country for years now. For the longest time I just didn't know how to run it, but after getting some experience in it, I feel like I have a good general idea now.

But I've also been playing with the idea of a High Council roleplay for a while now too.

I'd be happy to GM whichever one everyone else would rather participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Xalian View Post
    And I can donate some of my ideas for a medieval fantasy nation-building RP which included a high council complete with ranks.
    I'm happy to accept anything you guys are willing to offer.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Then I shall PM you the ideas! Unless you'd rather me post it here Either way haha

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InfraredHero View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, the Ottoman-Couch Alliance was one of the things that motivated me to work on making this into a thing.
    Haha, an alliance for the annals!

Your post says "one or the other", but I just hear "First the country, then the world!" :P

Sounds like council/court life is the selection. This will be fun!

Since everyone is already contributing something, if it's historical and you need any research done or non-historical and you want some general lore written up for it then consider me happily volunteered!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Since everyone is already contributing something, if it's historical and you need any research done or non-historical and you want some general lore written up for it then consider me happily volunteered!
    Yeah, we're probably gonna do non-historical.

If I use what Az sent me, which I think I will, then we've already got a good portion of lore already figured out. I think there will be a few details I might wanna add though, so I will possibly take you up on that offer.

Everyone is okay with doing a medieval-fantasy setting, right?

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I'm a big medieval-fanatsy buff so yes. Also what I sent you would help too!

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Yes! Let's do it!

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Question is...if we don't have enough players to fill all council positions are we allowed to have two characters to fill the positions? Assuming you use the ones I sent Infra

Spoiler:  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast