Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIE ROAD IC [M] bluemoon x Siks

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Rumbling to just in front of the still chained gate of the parking lot he turned the truck off and actually slid out of his seat and sat on the floor near the sleeper section of the truck. Laying sideways would make it much harder to shoot should more of the deaders come sniffing around for a free meal around the warm beast of Annabelle.

Pulling the revolver from it's holster at his leg and knelt just below the window of the truck his eyes roaming over the horizon. Something in the back of his jumbled mind told him Deadheads would be the least of their worries. The roads are rife with roving gangs looking to set up shop anywhere or looking to strip the resources from anything they could. A sealed scrap shop would be one of the primmest places to call your own or picked clean of anything that wasn't a full building attached to the ground. Why wasn't this place some leather clad goons fort or a pile of rubble collapsed to the ground because someone stole the nails and copper wire from the walls?

He inched closer to Dawn and pulled her down onto the floor to talk. "Question...why is the place in such good condition? Crap like this is a favorite place for bandits and shit to take over?"

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Nearly squealing when he yanked her back, Dawn had to slap her hand over her mouth when he grabbed her, her dark eyes shooting daggers his way. Trying to get comfortable beside him, she shook her head at his question...again with the worry over the place being occupied. “I don’t know Birdie. I guess I’ll have to go over there and find out. At least we know it's not mined...no bodies or holes in the ground.” Quirking her brow at him, she elbowed him in the chest, his warmth stirring up feelings she wasn’t in the mood to address. Since when did she let herself get distracted this way? Grizz was just another guy in a line of many she had encountered. It was aggravating the way her skin kept prickling and heating up when he was close.

Giving him another poke, she got up on her knees to peek over the dash, the blush on her cheeks hidden as she checked on the two shamblers. Thankfully, they were already turning away from the truck and wandering away. Ducking back down, she started counting in her head, knowing approximately how long it would take for the walkers to get out of range. Once she made it to twenty, she crawled to the front and grabbed her shotgun, her backpack lifted from the floor so she could dig through the pockets for spare shells.

“Are you coming...or keeping watch?” she asked as she looked over at the pole-barn and the surrounding area. As she suspected, it was now clear. “I have to get the key first...which is a couple houses over. I’ll be right back.”

Not bothering to wait around for his answer, she slipped out the passenger door and circled around the truck, moving in a direction away from the chopshop at a low crouch. Within a matter of a few seconds, she was out of sight, returning only a few minutes later with a key sealed in a plastic bag clutched in her hand. Tapping on the driver’s side window, she smiled at the birdman then took off for the shop’s gate.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Grizzwald watched with concern and annoyance as Dawn slipped out to go fetch the key they would apparently be needing to get into the place. Quickly holstering his pistol he snatched up his rifle, the Admiral, a medkit for two and the keys to the truck and followed her out after she returned with the key. They were fuck buddies...and maybe something more he couldn't let her run into a potential ambush alone.

Landing with a thud on the ground he lucked the truck and quickly caught up to the woman clicking his rifle to semi-auto. "Slow it down, might trip over a Deader okaying hide and seek." He slipped the stuffed duck into the front of his coat so it's blue fluffy head was just peeking out. "The good Admiral recommends we do a little walk around the fence before going in." The crazed man said after tilting his head down as is listening to the stitched bird's hushed words. "He also says you look very nice today." Grizz chuckled lightly crouching next to the woman scanning the vacant lot.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

“There’s no hide-n-seekers Birdie,” Dawn replied in a hushed tone, glancing over her shoulder as Grizz moved up to her position and crouched down. Rolling her eyes when she saw the duck was in his possession, she just nodded at the birdman’s suggestion that the Admiral wanted them to do a perimeter check. Putting her hand to her forehead in a mock salute, she was about to get to her feet when the trucker surprised her with his next words.

“I look nice?” she repeated, one brow going up as her forehead wrinkled in confusion. ‘Oh my God…’ she thought, ‘...that stupid ass duck…’ Shaking her head and trying to hide a smirk, she patted the man on his thigh. “Tell the Admiral, thanks…the little cheeky fowl.” Refusing to give the stuffed animal any more of her attention, she got back to checking out the shop, then stood up.

“Once around...then in,” she said, moving quickly behind the trunk of a tree and peering out. Once she was assured the section was clear, she moved to the next spot, each time checking the building for any sign of movement or recent changes. It was slow going, but she didn’t want to take any unnecessary risks...especially with Grizz seeming so certain that something was off. Leaving no stone unturned was always a good motto to live by.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

With his trademakr made smile Grizz went around the opposite side of the little compound. And much to his and the Admiral's surprise the place look totally intact. It just didn't make sense, the place wasn't well hidden and they've seen signs of Deaders and normal people on the road in. How in the dead plains of Zombie America was this place perfectly ok?

Like her female companion the Driver looked in every nook and cranny even going into the road and treeline a little. Sometimes being clinically paranoid is a good thing, makes the likelihood of dying in some horrible way...less likely. But as he returned to the front part of the fence he shrugged and smiled at Dawn. "Looks like I was wrong, neato. Lead on." He said gleefully readying his rifle for entering the parking lot giving Dawn a mad cat smile.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Smiling a bit hesitantly in return, Dawn shook her head at his excessive eagerness. “Yeah...neato...you just watch our six,” she said as she brought her shotgun out in front and moved towards the gate. Standing upright to undo the chain and flip up the latch, she glanced over her shoulder at Grizz, then returned to her crouch. “Tell the Admiral to keep his head down...we’re going in.”

She moved through the parking area slowly, skirting around the larger debris and using it as cover whenever possible. She kept her eyes on the building’s doors and windows, occasionally checking out the roof for any movement. Feeling her legs cramping from the extended low crouch, she hissed under her breath and paused, putting her hand out for the birdman to do the same. “I just need a second, “ she said quietly, rubbing at her thighs as she dropped to her knees. Scanning the walkway to the door as she worked out the tightness, she groaned softly. It was difficult to determine if the paved area had been walked over recently, the layer of dried leaves and detritus had been disturbed, but it could have easily been rats or squirrels that had scampered through it. There were enough trees in the area...and rats were prevalent everywhere since the collapse of society.

Huffing out a sigh, she got moving again, finally making it to the front entrance and sliding up next to it, flattening herself to the wall. Taking out the key again, she looked to Grizz and nodded.

“Opening it now,” she said as she inserted the key, the lock clicking smoothly before she grasped the handle and pushed the door inwards.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Grizzwald gently pushed the stuffed duck's head down under the collar of his coat as he followed Dawn's instructions. The hairs on the back of his neck were standing fully on end now, the place looked clear enough from the outside, but they hadn't really seen much on the inside. The windows were either boarded up or too dirty to see though.

Out of habit he checked and rechecked his rifle and back up mags, each was fully loaded and ready to go. As they reached the front door the one-armed man took a deep breath and darted into the garage ahead of Dawn clearing the area just he had been trained to do in the Army. And it's a good thing he did because they were not alone in the garage. The sudden opening of the door had woken up a pack of very large zombie rats. Rolling back Grizzwald began opening fire. "WE GOT R.O.U.S! WE GOT R.O.U.S!" He shouted at Dawn scrambling back while trying to get a bead on the next rat as it came loping after him.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

There was no time to ask what the hell a R.O.U.S. was, the answer coming of its own accord only seconds later anyhow, Dawn swinging her shotgun into action as soon as Grizz let out a shout. She was not a big fan of rats, let alone ones that had gone the extra mile and been zombified, and her weapon took out two of them in quick succession as soon as she caught sight of them. The destruction caused by the shells wasn’t pretty, but it was thorough, chunks of decayed flesh hitting the walls and floor of the bays with a wet squelch.

Tucking the gun under her arm, she quickly opened the chamber and popped out the used shells, sliding in two new ones and bringing the weapon back into action in a matter of seconds. Moving to the side, she singled out another set of the little bastards and blew them apart as she had the first, a loud squeal drawing her attention as she started the reload procedure again. Crying out in disgust as a patchy lump of fur leapt from the wall behind her, she spun around, yellowed teeth gnawing at the air in front of her before the rotting oversized rodent hit the floor and dug its elongated claws into the leather of her boot’s laces. Swinging her double-barrel down in an arc, she struck the beast across its skull and sent it backward, her foot pulled out from under her at the same time. Her ass hit the concrete first, her breath pushed out of her lungs with a hard whoosh, the clacking noise of wood and metal hitting the floor drawing her eyes to her shotgun as it spun out of reach.

“Son of a…”

There was no time for anything else to come out of her mouth, Dawn backpedaling to gain some space between her and at least four R.O.U.S. as she reached for her Glock at the same time. “Fuckers!” she gasped, firing blindly at first just to keep them pushed back. Her aim would have to count from here on out...one shot...one kill. She only had enough bullets left in her handgun to take out the four zom-rats without a reload...and she doubted there would be time for that. Squinting, she took aim and quickly fired, the closest one dropping as the next took its place. “Three more you little fucks...come and get me!”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

From the far side of the garage the sound of Grizz's M-16 was heard and just like that half of the rats currently going after Dawn were obliterated. Then the birdman legitimately slid to her side on his knees somehow managing to spin himself to face the rats his back to Dawn as he unloaded the rest of his clip putting an end to the rest of the R.O.U.S horde. Cackling lightly Grizzwald casually loaded another mag and licked his lips pulling the Admiral's head out of his coat.

Spinning on his knees he watched Dawn the biggest grin on his face as his breath came out in quick bursts from the excitement. "That was so much fun!" He smirked looking at how she was sitting. "How's your ass feeling? You landed hard."

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Dawn became aware of Grizz joining her just as she leveled her weapon at the second rat, his body sliding to her side and the two of them firing at the same time. She had no idea if her bullet hit its mark, the rodent, and any that remained behind it, blown to bits by the superior weapon held in the birdman’s hands. She smiled, laughing and clapping him on the back when he turned to her, even managing a little ruffling of the ‘feathers’ on the top of the stuffed duck’s head.

“My ass has been better...since you asked,” she said in response to his question. “I think I broke it...it’s numb...the damn zom-rat pulled me right off my feet. Jeez...concrete is hard as a mother--fu…”

She stopped mid-sentence as she looked around the shop, her eyes lighting up. “Grizz...Oh my gosh...there’s still a lot of stuff on the shelves here! The rats ate through some of it..but holy crap...I can get everything I need.” She leaned over and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tight. “You were great! Bloody Rambo.” Pulling away from the embrace, she put her hands on either side of his face, then kissed him on the lips.

“Birdie to the rescue...now if you could just rub my ass into existence we’ll be all set,” she added with a laugh.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast