Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIE ROAD IC [M] bluemoon x Siks

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Grizzwald had actually slipped into a light sleep for most of the drive out. Despite the decent night's sleep, it wasn't his usual length of sleep. Though the reason why it wasn't usual was well worth the tiredness he now felt. Still he couldn't keep his eyes open for very long once they got going through the tedious parts of the drive.

It wasn't until Dawn honked the horn to distract some shamblers that he stirred. Reaching for his pistol he partially jumped out of his seat expecting a fight. But as they rumbled past he settled back down letting out a yawn while rubbing his face."Thank you...*yawn* for the wake-up call." He chuckled grabbing his canteen from the back of the truck taking a long swig of it gathering his bearings. He never knew how almost nice it would be to let someone else drive for a change.

Even so though, when they pulled over to switch seats he was feeling eager to get back behind Annabelle's wheel for a bit. But when she climbed into his lap in the transfer he couldn't help but wrap his arm around her for a few seconds. He still felt very grateful for her helping him last night...in more ways than one. It was then he felt a twinge below his belt and let out a chuckle. "Hmm five minute bathroom and stretch our legs break? He asked depositing her in the passenger's seat before he grabbed the keys and slipped out of the cab to find a nice treeline to utilize.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Dawn was just starting to enjoy the unexpected affection from the birdman when he chuckled, claiming he did have a need to get out of the truck. Laughing lightly at his announcement, she didn’t resist as he lifted her off his lap, although she would have enjoyed staying longer. Not bothering to grab her pack...the first sign that she was starting to trust him...she hopped out and shut the cab’s door.

Not needing to relieve herself, Dawn took out her gun and walked the area, keeping the big man in her peripheral vision. She didn’t go far, her steps light as she scanned the horizon for any threats. With the group she had seen earlier, she was sure if more were in the area, they would be heading in the same direction. The little pus-pockets liked to move in a horde, the more the merrier, at least with the less mobile ones. The faster and larger brutes could be found anywhere...in a group...alone...hiding. They were the dangerous fucks...her own experience with them enough to make her avoid contact with them wherever possible. She tended to search out the walkers when she wanted to practice her fighting skills, their movements slow enough to avoid the biters when focusing on her objective.

Leaning up against a tree, she kicked out her feet and glanced in Grizz’s direction. Although she couldn’t see what he was doing, the oak he had chosen allowed her to glimpse a portion of his bulk from around the trunk. Clearing her throat, she looked away, and set her attention on the truck. “You know...” she began, “...there is this little chop shop just off our route, about a mile in from Wichita. If you drop me there, I can get some tools...and maybe even some parts to finish up the steering column on Annie. I could meet you back in town after you deliver your load, maybe even find enough time to finish up your arm’s harness. It’d be killing two birds with one stone...plus, I wouldn’t have to waste any more of my supplies to get parts in town. What do ya’ say?”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Moving behind the tree the big man wrestled with his belt a little with one hand, but managed to get it undone and prepare himself to answer the call of nature. A relieved sigh left his lips as he heard Dawn moving about nearby listening to her words he found himself shaking his head a little. The idea had merit he would admit, but parts her niggling at the back of his mind. Wouldn't she have to bargain to get the parts at the chop shop as well as in town? Why would he double back to pick her up after dropping the scrap off when he could just wait for her and they head into town together.

As he finished and zipped up he planned to answer her. But the tell tale sound of something rustling through the bushes near him froze the words in his mouth. Quickly pulling his revolver out her turned to the noise and began slowly backing away. It sounded bigger than a dog, but not big enough to be a Brute Zombie. Moving quickly backwards, he reached Dawn and grabbed her hand just as four Walkers lumbered out of the trees a single Bony among them he quickly fired a shot at that one, but the bullet only caved in part of it's skull. For Bonies you need to take the whole head or it'll keep coming. "Fuck!" Was all he shouted before dragging Dawn back towards the truck.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Shocked into motion, Dawn scrambled to get a shot off before Grizz started pulling her towards the truck. She hesitated with her pistol in hand...but the situation called for her shotgun...which was in the truck. ‘How the fuck did I miss hearing them?’ she wondered as she was dragged along, the undead usually loud enough to give at least some warning. Worrying over this new development, she separated herself from the birdman once they were at the truck. Turning back to face the approaching menace, she managed to get a bead on one of the leading walkers...one shot...one dead.

“I’ll get my shotgun,” she called, nearly diving into the passenger side of Annabelle and ripping the desired weapon from her backpack. She climbed back out and ran to the front of the truck, her sawed-off clamped tightly in her fist. What she needed was higher ground, and what better vantage point was there than the hood of the semi? Without pausing, she stepped up on the front bumper and pulled herself up, her boots providing traction as she took a wide-legged stance to take out the walkers.

“I’ve got ol’ bony,” she said as she drew the skeletal creature into her sights, “...can you take out the others?” It would be easier to just drive away, and with luck, run the bastards down, but Dawn wanted the practice. Any undead that were left walking could come back to bite you in the ass later...literally...and she didn’t want that on her conscience. Hopefully Grizz wouldn’t be pissed...and if he was, she would deal with him at her convenience.

Barely a second later, there was a loud report, Dawn’s shotgun kicking back against her shoulder as she emptied the first barrel. The Boney did a half-spin backstep, a portion of its skull torn away from the blast. “Little fucker,” she growled as she leveled her weapon again and adjusted her aim. “I’ve got you this time…”

Her ears ringing after the second shot, Dawn pumped the air with her fist when the intended target dropped to its knees, the connection from brain to body obviously broken as it tried to rise again. Muscle memory, she thought idly, the girl grinning from ear to ear as she turned to Grizz. “Did you see that? Skelly is down for the count!”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

In response to Dawn's question the quick loud retorts of the M-16 barked over her shoulder dropping the other Deaders with each shot. He would've preferred to run, but he couldn't with Dawn posting up on Annabelle's hood so as he dove into the truck after her. Quickly opening the other door he propped himself in the crook between the door and the roof before opening up.

He was glad Dawn nailed the Bony. His rifle had speed and accuracy, but compared to a sawed off at the close range the zombies were on them it lacked the power needed to drop the Bony with ease. The other dropped like they were struck by lightning though which was really satisfying to see. But as they all dropped he could hear the sound of more coming to them. Slapping the roof he laughed slinging his rifle over his shoulder. "Damn good shooting Dawn, now let's go before more show up." Climbing back into the truck he fired it up waiting for the woman to come back inside before peeling out of there.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Feeling elated, Dawn stared at the combined devastation the two of them had rained down on the zombies before she hopped off Annabelle, the purr of the engine beneath her booted feet bringing her back to her senses. “Time to go,” she said to herself, finally taking into account what Grizz had said, and the new sound coming from the tree line. It seemed their shooting had drawn a horde, the young woman itching to see its numbers but understanding the dangers well enough to heed the birdman’s call.

“Coming,” she yelled over the roar, pulling her short frame into the truck’s passenger’s seat and setting her weapon down at her feet. Once she was belted, she reloaded her shotgun, her attention divided between that, and the view outside the windshield. The first of the undead were pushing their way through the trees, the ragged appearance of their clothes and the advanced decay proving they were of the older generation. She sighed with relief. There was nothing she disliked more than to see ‘freshies’, what she called the ones that still looked human. She hadn’t seen one of those in well over six months, the last ones sighted close to a settlement that had been recently overrun by a roving horde.

“So how about that chop shop Birdie?” she asked again. “I can direct you there...it’s just a little out of the way...and abandoned. At least the last time I checked. It was just a small time business...family owned. I knew a guy...who knew a guy. That sort of thing. I can walk back out to you...or you can wait if there's time. Whatever works better.”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Without even putting his belt on Grizzwald threw his baby into drive and sped off taking out part of the small horde as he did so. Six deaders down with minimal damages to Annabelle, she'd just need to be cleaned off at the next down. Water was more a premium in this Zombie World so hopefully he could clean the truck's grill off with just some scrubbing and spit.

They easily left the shambling horde behind darting over a small hill and keeping at speed the whole way. With the threat gone though he could answer Dawn's questions. "Well, there's no sense in doubling back just to pick you up so we'll try stopping and waiting. We have the other half of the day to make it to the drop point. So assuming we don't need to fight anyone for the parts should be quick...I hope."

Having to forgo his seatbelt the mad man settled into the seat and let the road guide him to his next destination...and by road he means Dawn.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Nodding, Dawn put her shotgun down and braced herself against the dash as the truck picked up speed. Watching the undead become little more than specks in her side mirror, she finally turned her attention back to the road ahead. “Sounds like a plan then Grizz. I appreciate it. It’ll save me some trade if I can find the stuff I need, and it shouldn’t take me long.”

Undoing the top laces of her boots, she kicked them off then reached into the back to pull out the Birdman’s harness, her knife appearing in her hand as she began cutting into the leather where she had made the marks the night before. There were some things she wanted to pick up to help her with repairs on these straps as well, but she could make do if she had to, it would just take longer. Leaning back, she put her feet up on the dash, sneaking a peek at Grizz as she did so. She knew he didn’t like it, but her socks were clean---bright white and brand new. She began whistling a tune as she worked, her blade sharp enough to slice through the leather easily enough without much pressure. Keeping her eye on the exits, she paused in her alterations when they started to get familiar.

“You’re going to take the next exit on your right--about two miles down. You better start slowing down soon...it sneaks up on you, especially with all this traffic.” Laughing to herself, she rolled up his harness and set it on the seat next to her so she could pay closer attention to the road. “Before I sew everything back together, I want to fit all this to you again. Will we have time tonight? Are we staying in town or heading out?”

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

As she took her boots off and placed her feet on Annabelle's dashboard again Grizz was thankful for only having one arm at the time. Otherwise he would've gone right for the disinfectant, but that aside if they were going to make whatever this was work there would need to be give and take. So he took a deep breath and simply focused on memorizing where they were going.

The man thought he'd been all over the East Coast and Midwest, but this road didn't look in the least bit familiar. It was and easy way to distract himself from feet being on his girl's dash. Seriously was Dawn raised in a barn or something? He thought to himself as she began rattling off directions and asking about their plans for the night. Taking the exit he nodded back at the scrap metal they were hauling. "Unless I find another job at the drop-off point, I don't have any plan besides having a few drinks and maybe eating what passes for a steak nowadays before going to sleep. So yeah you can play Mad Scientist tonight."

The last exit was insight now and he had to downshift the truck to more easily dodge around the roached out and abandoned cars that littered the highway at this point. "So, how sure are you this garage still has what you need?" He asked glanced sidelong at her.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-25-2021 at 08:12 PM.

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Keeping her eyes on the road so she didn’t miss telling him about a turn, Dawn couldn’t help but smile at the mad scientist comment. She was hardly a mad person. She was, however, fully aware that she was driving him crazy just by having her feet up. Not that it was that far of a trek to get him there, the man was already pretty nuts. Laughing to herself, she kept a grin on her lips. She really didn’t mind him so much...crazy or not...the Birdman was growing on her. His company kept her grounded. When he started to slow down to avoid bumping into the cars left scattered in the poorer section of the city, she sat back and slipped her feet back into her boots, lacing them tightly before she glanced his way.

“Well, I haven’t been there personally since the dead walked, but I’ve heard the shop was locked up tight shortly after the war, the whole family that ran it massacred before the first wave. It was one of those places you pretended you didn’t know about when you ordered hard to find parts...if you get what I mean.” Shrugging, she rubbed at her shoulder, knowing there would be a bruise there by morning from her sawed-off’s recoil. “I know it’s a long shot, but we’re in the area...so why not check it out?”

As they rounded the corner, she pointed to a large pole-barn type structure. Originally painted a bright white, it was speckled over with orange rust, the weather having taken its toll while it sat abandoned. There was a chain link fence surrounding it, but no sign, the inside lot peppered with worn-out junkers and various bits and pieces of metal. The only sign of life in the area was un-life, two of the undead circling the block as the sound of Annabelle’s engine drew them out.

“Turn your girl off,” Dawn whispered, hunkering down in her seat. It was not uncommon for the dead to lose interest and wander off if their prey became silent...as long as blood had not been spilled. A quick check assured her that she was good...she had not gotten any gore on her when she had opened fire on the skelly at their last stop. She couldn’t speak for Grizz, but he had been further away than her when he took out the other zoms. Now they just had to sit it out for a bit. Tugging on his pant’s leg, she patted the seat, hoping to get him to lay sideways, his bulk too large to simply scoot low enough to be out of view.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast