Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Outbreak Genesis OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Horror [M] Outbreak Genesis OOC

October 1st 2025

A worldwide chemical attack has resulted in an epidemic that overwhelmed all efforts to contain it. Initial attempts to contain and control the pandemic have failed, with the military and law enforcement agencies meeting coordinated opposition that decimated their forces, leaving people to fend for themselves made more difficult by attacks by electromagnetic pulses that eliminated the power grids.

In a world where the dead rise, people must learn to survive. This means learning to become pragmatic individuals willing to fight for their lives. People had to learn new skills, and adapt old ones to suit their needs. Only the strong survive.

All standard RPA rules apply.

The starting point is Denver, Colorado. It’s been one week since the emergency response failed. That gives you enough time to procure equipment and begin to form a plan of action. The streets are overrun with the undead, and the survivors have to connect and organize themselves to find a way out. We are currently all holed up in a police precinct.

Your profession tells us what you’re best at, but feel free to have a variety of skills so long as you keep it balanced. I’m not going to ask you to list them. However, by this point you need to be capable of protecting yourself and others through violent action. Don’t have to be comfortable with it, or overly good at it, simply capable and willing to do so. A lot of emphasis will be put on doing so quietly, and preferably without wasting ammunition for firearms. There are no limits on weapons, but be aware of ammo availability and weight. Same goes for other supplies: medical, food, water, and other miscellaneous items.

Types of Zombies (This list will be updated over time as new mutations and strains are discovered. Keep in mind though that zombies are not the only dangers, as you will come across highwaymen, raiders, and other hostile survivors.)

Hunters- More common in Rural areas, hunters operate either alone or in packs usually no larger than a dozen. With preternatural senses, they can detect prey around them at a distance, track them by smell alone. Fast and agile, they are difficult to outrun, and have the endurance to pursue over long distances. They’re also highly aggressive, even being found to attack other zombies.

Walkers- More common and found more commonly in Urban environments, they are usually found in herds numbering between twenty and a hundred. Despite their name, they can move at a jogger’s pace, and even sprint short distances.

Screamers/Howlers- Usually on the fringe of any group or by themselves, Screamers and Howlers (Depending on whether they’re male or female) start screaming or howling at the top of their lungs when prey is sighted, alerting all nearby zombies of their presence.

Behemoth- Large and with preternatural strength, these muscle-bound zombies are even more aggressive, known to attack other zombies. Some carry large blunt objects that they use to attack with, while others are nearly impossible to stop. They are capable of breaking brick walls while sustaining minimal damage, and given enough time can break steel hinges. Usually solitary creatures.

Reapers- All information currently unknown.

Additional notes: mostly for personal amusement, your characters can belong to one of the Tom Clancy organizations (i.e. Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Division, 4th Echelon, ect). That being said, the tech utilized by those organizations will be limited. Also by scaled back military theme, we don't mean removal of military presence entirely, just reduced.

Name: Salem Grimm

Profession: Captain in the U.S. Army, Group for Specialized Tactics (Ghost Recon)

Description:

Weapons:

Karambit

Machete

G28 (Suppressor, grip-knife with 4 inch blade, 20” Barrel, Match Trigger, MAWL-DA laser sight, T5xi Scope with red dot mounted on top, 20 round Magazine)

FN Five-Seven

HK USP Compact .45

Equipment: Molle Plate-Carrier Vest, Flashlight, crowbar, multi-tool (pliers, flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers, scissors, can-opener, mini-saw, wire-cutters, nail-file), claw-hammer, and crescent wrench, Camelback Hydration Pack.

Background: Salem grew up a military brat from West Texas. With both of his parents in the military he was well disciplined and excelled in school. He joined the Army immediately after high school and served two tours before being selected by Colonel Scott Mitchell to become one of the Ghosts, a clandestine team conducting covert operations worldwide.

Since then he has conducted operations across the globe including the Ukraine, Bolivia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Peru, to name some in the most recent years. He led Wraith Team as a Captain, along with his teammates Amari Rhamani, Frank Castiglione, and Henry Johnson.

When the outbreak hit he was sent to assist with containment in Denver Colorado. Ultimately it failed, and instead he ended up having to take shelter in a precinct with other survivors. Since then he has went out and lead others to the station, hoping to find members of his team. So far the search has been unsuccessful.

Last edited by Rayne7; 10-16-2020 at 01:55 AM.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Name: James Miles

Profession: Former USMC combat medic, Warrant Officer 5 rank. Captain of Denver FD, EMT-I, search-and-rescue expert, flight medic and helicopter pilot, trained firefighter.

Description: Miles is athletically built, with short black hair and brown eyes. He has some scars from his time in the service. He either has his old service uniform (brown t-shirt, desert camo BDU pants, combat boots, Mechanix gloves) or his work uniform (FD station shirt, turnout pants, and the same boots and gloves from his old service uniform).

Weapons: M416 carbine with suppressor and ACOG sight, M1911 .45 ACP with holosight. Combat knife.

Equipment: One large medic jumpbag, three smaller first aid kits, a fire extinguisher, five road flares. Bell 407 helicopter, life flight equipped, Denver FD livery.

Background: Miles grew up in Boulder City, and went into the USMC to get an education, focusing on medic training, quickly becoming a parajumper and medic. When his 4 years were up he returned home and started his training, he would eventually move to Denver and join their FD, quickly proving his worth as a medic, and training in piloting the search and rescue helicopter, an old Huey helicopter to start with, and got his engineer training, learning to drive and operate the fire apparatus's. When zero hour occurred he was deployed with the rest of his station, Station 8, helping to quell fires and evac those who needed it. His station would be quickly over run, he would escape via the helicopter on the roof of the hospital they were at. He would later join the survivor group.

-----

Name: Maisie Chapman

Profession: Former British Embassy guard, Division Agent from Denver. Trained K-9 handler

Description: Maisie is, as you would expect, almost a stereotype of a Scottish woman. Mostly thanks to her red, curly hair and green eyes. She is athletically built, but still slightly curvy. Usually she is seen wearing a black polo shirt, or a white buttoned shirt, jeans or slacks, combat boots, impact resistant sunglasses, and a cap from her time in the British army

Weapons: L86 LSW (holographic sight, extended quickdraw mag) and an AUG A3 SMG (same attachments), her sidearm is an FNX 45 Tactical pistol (suppressor, holographic sight). German Shepherd attack dog

Equipment: Basic plate carrier, military Molle pack filled with basic survival supplies and medical supplies.

Background: Maisie grew up in Perth, Scotland, with her parents, both of which were in the service of their country. Her father was a security officer for the Air Force as a K-9 handler, and her mother was an MI6 communications and intelligence officer. As such Maisie grew up in a fairly normal, middle-class upbringing. When she was 18 she joined the British Army and was quickly placed into the SAS where she excelled in supporting fire and weapons handling, as well as K-9 handling. After a few years she was brought into the Diplomatic service along with her parents, they were to be assigned to guard the UK Embassy in Washington DC. It was not long after this that Maisie was secretly trained by the Strategic Homeland Division. After the attack she, along with her parents, would do their best to help the survivors, The Division would be quickly disbanded after a loss of leadership. As they helped evac DC their positions would be over run, Maisie would lose her parents in the escape, taking her father's K-9 partner with her. She would make it there by sheer willpower, and her now armoured Chevy Tahoe she requisitioned from an abandoned SWAT position, lucky for her and her K-9, TK, it was a K-9 vehicle. She would eventually join the survivor group.
    Last edited by Fox Xalian; 10-09-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Ash 
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

So same skeleton?

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@Fox

Approved!

@DNA

Approved but keep in mind it's now set a week after the outbreak instead.

@Siks

Yup. It's just we'll now be a week into the outbreak and holed up in a precinct.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ok I'll tweak Zeke and post him sometime this weekend, gonna be a busy three days of work for me, but will try.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Zeke just keeps reincarnating haha

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

I will resurrect Andi as well with some minor changes. I will have her be at the precinct already...perhaps drinking coffee and eating donuts...lol

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This is exciting! The old thread seemed like a good run, so it is nice to see the originals coming back to it in addition to opening it to those of us who weren't in it!

I'm drafting a character that should be up this weekend also!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Alright, meet Becky Starr! Let me know if she needs edits!

Spoiler: Becky Starr by Alura 
    Last edited by Alura; 10-12-2020 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Gud werdz.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast