Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ebert and the Mysterious Encounters and Finds

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Dan, Rodston, and the new attendant known as Roy looked at each other. There was so much to this that even if it was an invention of creativity it was not likely to have been thought up on the spot there.

"Do you have materials here to show us of these things?" Roy asked.

"Um, we did have a few," Mr. Entemoor considered looking thoughtful, "but we have had such things purchased by interested parties who contact us. I will have to see if there are any of those remaining here."

"I really want to know, before going on," Roy said, "can you look now?"

Mr. Entemoor got up, reluctantly. "This will delay the training, and it might lessen the time for what you will learn today."

"That is alright, if I actually will see any of those materials on this at all."

Mr. Entemoor had walked over to a shelf with displayed books. He looked among them all, and it looked like he studiously looked again at the titles on the books. After a few minutes, he returned and said, "I guess this will be really important to you. If so we cannot work with you unless we have one of those materials to show you. Excuse me another minute, I will be right back."

The three who came for the training sat watching him as Mr. Entemoor went to the side of that interior where the counter was, and saw him going down behind it. Suddenly the one who was introduced as Roy, the undercover investigator, went quickly from where he was seated to the counter. He looked over it, and held up his hand to indicate to the two others to remain, and went around the counter, and the two others saw him descend behind it.

The other two were surprised. But they stayed where they were sitting.

The investigator, known here as Roy, had seen the open trapdoor in the floor behind the counter, with steps leading down to a passageway below, dimly lit from a light further on along that passage. He came to it and stepped lightly down the steps. Before reaching the bottom, he carefully bent down as he held a hand to the side wall to steady himself, to see further along the passage. There he saw what would be the profile of Mr. Entemoor standing further on with light still behind him, facing to the side as he spoke to someone, whose face just came out a little from a doorway there, which the investigator saw in a cut off profile as well. He listened carefully, as he put a free hand into a coat pocket to pull something out.

He heard this from the man standing in the passage. "They think there are materials about the other reality that I have them believing they can have access to. But I need to show them the materials. Where can I get it? Or do we have to deal with them now?"

"You fool!" shouted the other man at Mr. Entemoor from that door on the side. "You tell them there are materials on that subject? You found this stuff from across the country. You don't know if any of that would be around here. If you can't find any such material here, we will have to deal with them the hard way!"

The investigator backed up quietly along the steps, and came out from the trap door. He hurriedly came over to the other two still sitting and waiting, and he said to them, "These men are dangerous. You both need to leave, now, and never come back here. I will wait a little while to hold them off if needed, and then I will get proof that Raul Weckland has been hiding here. I will meet with you when I can. Go on, get going!" the investigator known here as Roy urged them, as they went to the door in the front of the building.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Dan and Rodston hurried out, and the investigator waited by the door, and he held the object he had pulled out from the coat pocket.

Dan and Rodston hurried on without looking back, going up along the street to where it intersected with the main street, and from there on to the suite in the hotel where Dan was staying for that day still with his friends, Lenny, Roger, and Terry, and Ebert for whom they had all come to help, that he would be cleared when his lookalike the felon would be caught.

Ebert was not back yet, Lenny and Terry were still out of town for what they were researching, and just Roger waited there. He peaked out the door to the suite, and saw Dan and Rodston there. He let them in, and asked, "What happened to the investigator, that Sherwood?"

Dan answered, "We were there with the instruction beginning, and Sherwood, as Roy, began asking about the other reality outside of this that the training was going to help us connect with. Mr. Entemoor told us some strange things, and Sherwood asked him for materials about those that he could look at. Mr. Entemoor said he would look around to see if they still had any of the materials on that there, as Supernatural Promotions should have something there on what they are promoting. He could not find any right away, he excused himself and went to the place under the building from the steps to it behind the counter there. Sherwood told us to wait right where we were, and he followed after him going down that way. A little afterward he hurried up again and came to us telling us to hurry out and get away from there, it was too dangerous now, and to not go back there. But he was still there by the door of the building as we managed to get away quickly!"

"He stayed there, and told you it was too dangerous?" Roger said in surprise. "Was he armed?"

"It seemed that Mr. Entemoor, and any who would come up with him, were armed," Rodston ecplained. "Sherwood must have wanted us to get out from there right away because of that. He would have waited to stop any of them coming to the door if they were coming after us. He held something that looked like it came out of his coat pocket, but I couldn't tell if it was a weapon or not."

"And there is no way for any of us to go find out what happened to him," Roger considered.

Dan said, "He told us to not go back. So it is too dangerous."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

"We can't do anything now, then," Roger said. "Well I had some things out to eat. You might be hungry. Since we cannot do anything now otherwise, you can join me, you might be hungry too."

Dan and Rodston went to the table, as Roger finished heating up the soup. He soon brought out two bowls with the soup, and soup spoons in napkins, placing those where Dan and Rodston sat. He went to get his bowl of soup, and came back to the table to sit down there and join them.

"I wonder if will no longer be possible to find that felon, Raul Weckland," Roger said as he started eating the soup along with the two others.

Dan said, "No, it looks like we won't, then." Just then before he said more, they heard a loud knock on the door to the suite. They each looked at one another.

Roger finally got up, and went to the door. He called out before opening it, "Who is it?"

The voice came through the closed door, "It is Sherwood Stephanwick. I am alone."

Roger opened the door enough to peek out, then he opened it further, and let Sherwood enter in. Sherwood saw the two others at the table, watching him, and he walked over to where they were sitting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

"What happened?" Rodston asked.

Sherwood answered, "Mr. Entemoor came out, after a little time, and there was another with him. It was the guy you said looks like Ebert. They came to me and Mr. Entemoor said, 'Where did those others you came with go?'

"I told him, 'They had second thoughts, and decided they didn't think well of training here. They left right away.'

"Mr. Entemoor then said, 'And you think you would leave now? You should know, they will not get their initial payment back, and you would not either if you leave. But before you give up, I would tell you I found what would interest you. Come back in and see what we found.'

"I said, 'That is alright, I decided I would rather not.'

"He then grabbed onto my arm, and told me, 'You really should come see it.' "

The others looked in amazement as Sherwood described these events. "What did you do?" Dan asked.

"I told Mr. Entemoor, 'Unhand me right now, or you will really be sorry!'

"He said, 'No, you will really be sorry!' "

"I said, as Mr. Entemoor still had a hold on me, 'You will still be more sorry. Do you hear the sirens? The authorities are coming here now. They have been alerted to come here.'

"Mr. Entemoor said, 'What does that mean? Did you call them? With what basis?'

"I told him, 'You are harboring a fugitive from the law.' He still had a hold on me as authorities came into the lot in front of the Supernatural Promotions building. When he saw them, Mr. Entemoor then let go of me, the one who looks like Ebert hurried to the door to go back in, but officers came already and said for everyone to stay right where they are. Ebert's lookalike hesitated, and then hurried in through the door."
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; Today at 12:29 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234