Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ebert and the Mysterious Encounters and Finds

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Dan looked at Lenny. He said, "Are we going to wait here while they are looking around down there?"

Lenny said, "I do not think we should. And Mr. Perechnel is sure of what he is doing."

Dan said, "Alright, we will go."

The passage below was dark, but there was an area with more light around where Rodston held the Flowergem light he had brought.

They gathered in that passage and they could see it went on in both ways. Ebert suggested they would go the way he and Rodston had gone before, as far as the image displayed on the side along the passage.

Mr. Perechnel was interested to see it, and so Ebert and Rodston went that way where they had gone before with the others there now, along this passage, which curved slightly here. They came then to the image along that wall. The others saw how it was just like the image on the book Ebert and Rodston had brought back.

Mr. Perechnel said, "This sure is the representation of the Ezel Star. You should know it is not something the Sons of Sharalden use. We know of it, but this stems from representations used by the followers of Endemort. So it would be that followers of Endemort used this passage."

Ebert said, "So we want to know if that Mr. Endemort that some of us met was looking for something here, or if he was here, where you say he could have summoned the huge snake that I and Rodston saw here. Further on in here we found that book, with history of Sharalden and the Sons of Sharalden. Why would that be hidden in here?"

"Endemort could appear here, and that Mr. Endemort you met must have been him. It is his followers who had this underground place prepared, and he would then come to it, if he saw some opportunity with it. His followers must have obtained that book, and left it hidden in here. Perhaps it had information he still wanted, and he had come looking for that."

Ebert said, "But there might be an artifact with power, right?"

Mr. Perechnel said, "There is no reason I can say why there is not a great artifact with power somewhere here along the passages. But why would one be here, in passages prepared by followers of Endemort which Endemort has now come to? Any of us among the Sons of Sharalden do not know where artifacts of power for controlling things are hid, why would they know? If the book was left hidden in the passages, for Endemort to find, it would have been taken from the works of the Sons of Sharalden, and there would be no information of where such artifacts are hidden, from that. Any of the artifacts are well hidden, with no information we are aware of left for locating any of them."

Ebert said, "If that would not be it, the followers wanted Endemort to know some other information, in what they left."

"I see. We should now go to the location along here where you found the book hidden."

"Alright, it is not very much further along here." Ebert and Rodston, with his light, went on, with the others, who had looked at the image on the wall long enough. They went on along the passage as it turned, and saw where the passage ended further on, with another passage that went on both ways, right and left, from there.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

As they all came to that place of the intersection, with Rodston's light they could all see the several streaks of dirty water that were brushed to that place, where those turned in the direction from which they had come. Ebert considered, and said, "All this was from the huge snake that slithered after Rodston and me when we ran out from the passage to get away from it. I want to be more sure it is really gone."

Mr. Perechnel said, "It was a summoned snake, that does not otherwise dwell here, it was surely sent back to where it came from, after chasing you out. Endemort is capable of that. But if it were still here, I brought a weapon along to deal with it."

Ebert said, "Some of us should then still watch, in those other directions, for that if it is a possibility. The place Rodston and I found the book, and some papers related to it, is this way."

Ebert and Rodston led Mr. Perechnel to that small room they had found, and Dan and Lenny followed that way where they could be where there was light with what Rodston carried for it, and after a glance into that room, both of them turned to watch for anything coming that way still.

Mr. Perechnel was shown the space below the trap door. He said, "So you found the book with a pile of papers here?"

Ebert said, "Yes, they were in a closed bag."

"This is much more space than what would be needed for that. This space was made for holding more things. There was something, or were things, besides what you found, that would have been taken before you found those."

Rodston asked, "Why then would the bag with those things be left, then?"

Mr. Perechnel said, "The bag with those things would not be valued much if there was something of much more value that was already being sought, found here."

Ebert asked, "Could it not be one of the great artifacts we read about?"

"Such would not be left hidden here if it had been found, even for Endemort. But possibly it could be something informing Endemort of what Endemort really wanted to know."

Rodston said, "I would hazard a guess. So then Endemort was here as you say, as the one we saw as Mr. Endemort. If he wanted to find something in here, such that this is why he came as though to work at Supernatural Promotions, and it was not actually an artifact of great power that Sons of Sharalden have recorded there are, hidden to never be found, it would then be something else about the Sons of Sharalden, such as the writings we have found."

Ebert said, "But Endemort did not take those items, there was something more that he found that he neglected the things we found still there."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mr. Perechnel said, "Then it must be what would show the location of the writings of the revealed things to come, which testify against Endemort. Many are deceived with thinking and ideas which he was involved with spreading, and the writings would show it."

Ebert said, "If Endemort found information showing the location of that, he would already be going there to acquire it, then. Can anything stop him?"

"If anyone did have any one of the artifacts of great power, that could stop Endemort. The only other way is for the writings to be moved from the location where they are shown to be, to somewhere totally safe from Endemort."

Ebert thought, and he said then, "This Endemort can just move from one place to another, with no obstacles being enough to be in the way for that. If that is the case, if he knows where to go to get those writings, before you or any of us could get there to move it."

Mr. Perechnel answered, "We ourselves could not do that. But I come prepared for any of many possibilities. So it is that I right now can reach someone for dealing with this."

Mr. Perechnel then brought out what looked like a small orb with a handgrip attached to it. A glow was seen in the orb. He brought it up before his face, and called out, "Abenott! Answer me quickly!"

After a pause, all there heard a voice from it responding, "Perechnel! What is up?"

"I am at Washing Walls, with others here. Between us we have found a hidden site where Endemort came, and it appears he found information that had been hidden, for him to find, about the location of the writings of the revealed things to come, which testify against Endemort. Those are not safe there anymore. They must be moved immediately to a new location where they will be hidden, that he will not have access to them. You know the plan for alternating the location for the next place. It needs to be done immediately, Endemort will not waste time to come and get those if he can, and there is nothing we have to stop him."

"Yes, it will be done right now. The information of the new location will be kept for us in another place we have hidden, I do not know the place arranged for it myself, that he would have no way to find it."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That other Son of Sharalden left to do that right after that short call. Mr. Perechnel turned to those in the room at the end of that passage, and explained, "The places to alternate to are preplanned, but those guarding there where important documents are, and most others, do not know where the new alternate hiding places are, that information is kept by others appointed previously for that."

Ebert asked, "Should anyone know where they are?"

"Yes! A time is coming when things written on them must become known more generally, and Endemort would try to keep that from happening."

Rodston said, "Then maybe we are done here, and we can go on back out."

Mr. Perechnel said, "Maybe we can leave here, but this was no simple solution. With the valuable manuscripts moved from where they have been, that Endemort could get to now, the ones on duty there to guard over that place could leave right then, not having something left to guard. But we do not know how quickly Endemort would get there. If he comes too late for getting the documents he wants, it does not mean he would be too late to put the lives of those there to guard the items in danger. They need to leave quickly from there, as Endemort is very powerful, and would be a great threat to them, as he could torturously destroy them."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ebert said, "I hope that Abenott and any at that duty get out from there right away and too soon for Endemort to know who had been guarding there and where they went. But then we don't need Endemort to be found down here. He remains a powerful danger that we cannot stop. Maybe all the officers could never really stop him either. There is then no way to deal with him, is there?"

Mr. Perechnel said, "There is no natural way to deal with him. So there is nothing we can do, as we cannot stop supernatural beings, to stop him, other than effectively hiding things from him that he won't find those. There is though one most powerful artifacts, which can effectively banish any supernatural and immortal being, short of archbeings, that they would never return. Such things are so effectively hidden that they would never be found, the supernatural beings themselves really do not want any to find any of the artifacts."

Ebert said, "Than that means knowledge of the artifacts is useless to any people, as they won't be found. Is that right?"

"Even if they are not found yet, there is a time, in the end, that there will be artifacts found, still, as they could not be hidden in a way that would effectively last forever. That is one of the things written. And some individuals effectively using some of those precedes the actual end."

"Wow! There is then no everlasting life anywhere, then."

"Not in this world or its realm. But there are realms outside of this realm, that can remain unaffected, remember?"

Ebert said, "That won't help people here, will it? Unless there are ways to go to other realms that won't end, while the end will come to this world."

Mr. Perechnel looked at Ebert for a moment. He said then, "This is the reason for the Sons of Sharalden continuing. It is what Endemort wanted to stop, and to have the Sons of Sharalden forever discredited. We keep the knowledge, that we try to have others join, that there is the way of Sharalden to reach that Great Grotto of the other realm outside of all this reality, where beings do not die, and those of us going to that would be changed to be like ones there. It will continue on, with each of the ones there, while this world with those in it who come to an end will itself all come to an end. Shall we remain here anymore? If not, let us come out from these passages."

Ebert said, "Well we should all know that Endemort, as the man we remember of Supernatural Promotions giving instruction to Rodston and Dan, came out from that building directly to these passages not connected to it to get away from the officers looking into him, as he has that supernatural ability to jump to other places without connection, and we would not find him, or even overpower him if we did. So I don't think there is a reason to stay here anymore. But we have not taken care of everything, because Endemort remains loose to cause any further mischief."

Rodston said, "Then let us go on up out of here, we don't need to stay."

They went from that space like a room at the end of that passage, and went on toward the turn to the passage that would lead out. But they saw ahead of them before they came to the turn they were going to a seeming manifestation, much further on. It was appearing as a female being, like a human but discernably different from humans with longer limbs with big hands and big feet, and a long face with eyes further apart than what would be seen in any human or near human. This being walked along gradually coming toward them.

Mr. Perechnel called out, "Who are you?"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

"I am a petriad, such as those of the Great Grotto you know of. There is a region below ground near here linked to it. We petriads there know about Endemort passing through these passages. He found the information of the writings of the revealed things preserved for the end, along with a large map that had been rolled up. The followers he had used this place of passages to leave things for Endemort. The sign of the Ezel Star was clue to him for that. What you should still know is that the map included things most maps do not, with important spots that were made to be made known to Endemort. The place of those manuscripts was shown on it, also the connection here to the region we petriads use, which is linked to the Great Grotto. If he comes, there will be a great battle that will be destructive in this world. Endemort has gone to get the manuscripts he desires, if he can. If Endemort does not accomplish that, he will come here again and find the connection here to the region we are using."

Mr. Perechnel said, "Endemort will not find those manuscripts, when we knew he would go to take them, I called where I know they were guarded, and they were immediately moved to a location unknown to any who knew this location where the manuscripts have been. So it means Endemort will return here."

Rodston said, "If he is so powerful, he is a danger to us."

The petriad said, "He is a danger to all of us, and many more, whenever he returns here."

Rodston still said, "We might as well know of this danger to us all that is ahead. But what can we do about it, now that you told us? There isn't anything, is there?"

The petriad speaking with them said, "There is nothing any of you, or any among us petriads ourselves, could do against Endemort effectively. He is one of the immortal beings greater than we are, with powers he would use, and with those serving him who would come with him against us in our place near here, and we would fight them with all we have to keep him and any with him from passing through our area here for access to fight any in the Great Grotto. That is what we must not let happen, even though battling him and those forces with him will be very destructive over much more area. Only one of the great artifacts would be powerful enough to stop Endemort from that aggression."

Ebert said, ""And to think I thought he was a man just hiding where a fugitive went to hide, and was lying about ways to leave this reality. But if only one of the great artifacts could stop him, those are hidden and we have no way to get one."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The petriad said, "Maybe not. But we have information that may make it possible to locate one. Just possible."

The others looked at one another. Mr. Perechnel said, "If there is such a possibility at all, the information should be given for the attempt to get it, to use for that. Is there not a way for you, or any petriad, to try that for getting one such artifact?"

The petriad speaking to them said, "We the petriads who came to this hidden place near here are not idly there doing nothing but waiting for the confrontation that Endemort now presents to us. We are very busy with an essential work we are sent for. But we may send someone we designate to the hidden place we know of where there is probability where such a great artifact would be, that could stop Endemort and those with him from coming and fighting with us. So one of you here can be chosen for that."

Dan said, "What? Not all of us to help one another? I can't be one chosen to do that all by myself!"

The petriad said, "Others of you can help the one chosen get to one spot close to where it might be. But only one can go through an opening to go further to it, with instructions I will provide, and find if the artifact is in that location. This one needs to agree to do this, and to not share the directions with any others, including any of you who will help. This is essential and the one who is chosen must swear to that."

The rest of the party was silent, looking at each other. Ebert said after some time, "This has to be done, or Endemort will be back and would be victorious, if we do nothing. I will go, if you choose me, and I will swear to those things that are required."

The petriad said, "You choose rightly. Speak your name to me, and come with me this way, while the others wait here still. You will see special things if you succeed because you willingly will go for the artifact to stop Endemort."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ebert followed after the petriad when he spoke his name, as the petriad went at a reasonable pace back that way along the passage that the petriad had come through. It was dark here, but Ebert soon saw a small amount of light further ahead.

There was another turn ahead. Here where they came to was where Ebert saw the light coming from. There was an opening ahead, it was a gate to some other reality that attached here. Within that other reality Ebert discerned huge columns in proximity like trees in forests in some places. But these were not branched, and were apparently made of stone. And he saw a few others like this petriad. There was a great object they were working on, unrecognizable to Ebert. Two of the other petriads saw that one coming with Ebert, and they came forward to them, at that gate.

The petriad who led him asked him to tell these others there his name.

He said, "My name is Ebert Hinkel Rickshod. I come to be of assistance if I can use an artifact that would be pointed out where it is to stop Endemort in his approach to come against this place."

One petriad meeting Ebert and that other one there said, "You will have instructions for going there. Do you swear to go yourself, to reach the artifact, never telling any others where it is, and using it according to the designated way in the instructions there, and not moving it from there?"

Ebert said, "It won't move? How will it work staying where it is against Endemort, if Endemort is already here, coming against this place?"

"You will give an incantation that is specifically effective against Endemort, which will banish him from here, to remain in his home domain for a very long time, until the end is near. Do you swear, so that you are cursed to being eaten alive if you fail in what you swear?"

Ebert swore to that, that he would do all to accomplish that which he was sent for.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

One petriad said, "There is no time to wait. Go immediately, these directions will show you the way to go, and where you are to enter through, alone. Those who help you go you are not to tell where this is that you enter through, not tell any the way you are going beyond that, as you agreed to and swore to."

Ebert said, "I understand and will do so now. Can you tell me what it is that all of you are doing here, exposed as it is?"

"The Sons of Sharalden and those they teach desire a way to come to our great Grotto. This is one of the spots meant to be a station for any to move on through that to the Grotto. The stations need to be there. When this is complete, another will be made after it, in another location. These locations then become known to the Sons of Sharalden."

Ebert waited no more, with one petriad, who seemed to be the one that brought him here, though the petriads looked so much alike that they could all be sisters, he came to the gate opening, and went through it. Outside it was the darkness of the underground tunnel there. That petriad stepped out with him, and pointed the way.

"You will find those friends who came with you waiting there still. We can go on a little way until you see the light the one there is holding, and then you can go on toward them yourself."

They went on to where they turned. Soon Ebert did see the light that Rodston had brought with him.

The petriad there said, "Go on, and remember friends there can go on with you to approach where you are going, but say no more about that and go on to where you pass through all by yourself, where none of them or anyone else knows about. That way you will likely find the artifact, and follow the instructions to use it. Do not bring it back to the others."

The petriad turned around to go back again, and Ebert went on still, carefully, along the dark passage underground, to the light in the distance held by Rodston.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

There had been some of the light from that station being prepared, as a way to the petriads' Great Grotto, after Ebert left it with the one petriad guiding him a ways back from it. But now he was left here in the passage where it was really dark, and he could not see the walls or anything around him. There was just the distant light where Rodston yet stood, far off from him, with the others who had come to this passage, holding the instrument he brought showing that. So Ebert continued carefully on, straight toward that light, and he gradually neared those others, and when much closer he then saw the walls around him too.

When Ebert came up, Mr. Perechnel said, "Did you learn what you needed to know?"

Ebert said to them, "For getting the item needed for Endemort to be stopped, I did. Any of you might go a ways with me, to help me get to Safe Well, further north. I don't know if this will allow me to return to work on time after this weekend, but it is necessary, for any chance to stop Endemort. There is a place there I must go on still just by myself, and I can't say anything more about it to any of you or anyone."

Rodston said, "I will go with you for this that far, to Safe Well. I will wait there for you to return, rather than leave you all alone afterwards."

Mr. Perechnel said, "I will also go that far with you, but I won't be able to still stay there then."

Lenny said, "I still need to get back to Winding Downs to be at work on time." He looked at Dan.

Dan said, "I do too, and we won't have the excuse of an emergency to not be there on time. But I will explain that there was an emergency that you need to deal with, Ebert, because that is really true. We will be waiting for you to come back to us safely."

Ebert was only too glad to get out from the underground passages, with the others who were not choosing to stay there anymore. Once they all managed getting over the fence to the lot before the Supernatural Promotions building, Mr. Perechnel said to Dan and Lenny, "You won't have anything keeping you here still, so you can make your trip back to the town where you work. I told Ebert I will go with him to Safe Well, where the place he is supposed to go is, so I will be doing so."

Rodston said, "I indeed meant that I will be going with Ebert too."

Ebert said, "Let us go back to the hotel, where we rented a place. Dan and Lenny can stay there until they are ready to go, I will gather what I brought, to go on to Safe Well with both of you."

The others agreed to that, and they went back right away to that hotel, and Ebert brought his carrying bag to take, along with the book he brought and the instruction scroll he was to use.

He said to Dan and Lenny who were still there when he was going, "Have a good trip back. I will be back when I can be, hopefully very soon."

Dan said, "Goodbye and good luck."

Lenny said, "May you have success and there be no more problem with Endemort."

Rodston said, when the three of them went out from that hotel, "How are we planning to go to Safe Well?"

Mr. Perechnel said, "I am going with my traveling carriage, which you are welcome to come along in. You will really like it, I think."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast