Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventures of the Mixed and Messed up (M)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Almost done with my character.

Want to mention a few things:
    He is a former member of an order
    His order was responsible for protecting the nobility and royalty
    They were trained to take down magical entities and demons.
    All applicants have any potential to cast magic stripped from them. (How it is done is closely guarded secret, applicants are unconcious at the time, it is said being concious at the time would drive them irrepably insane)
    He is a eunuch (requirement to join)
    No females are allowed to join the order.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dropping this.
    Last edited by KRCmdrSheppard; 10-25-2020 at 02:48 AM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Very interesting character so far. And some of the decisions are understandable in a way.
    But I feel that for an order made just to protect nobility, removing the ability to cast magic and sire children seems a bit much.
    And the logic of not being able to cast spells yet being able to counter them and dispel them seems a little contradictory. Since I'm drawing inspiration fro. D&D and Pathfinder, unless you have a magical item that can do it, you need to be able to cast spells to counter and dispel magic.

Now, I can understand the eunuch if it were protecting just the female nobility. But I do not strictly feel it would be necessary if it were just nobles in general. But, in the case you were not castrated, I can totally see a strict moral code not to have sex or marry while in service of the order.
    But as a whole, a highly trained order that was made to protect nobility seems pretty interesting.

So, with this, you have been trained to counter and dispel magic. Those who can't cast are forced to do so by preventing the spell from being cast in the first place by use of physical force. So you can still use magic.
    I'm not going to say that you can't be a eunuch, but I would like a better reason for it than not to have an affair with a noble man's wife. that is what the strict moral code, training, and stiff punishments are for. For all you know, that noble may just demand your head on a silver player of he finds out.
    And, even if you can't, you can still choose to be a eunuch of your own free will.

one more thing. your images for your equipment are not showing up
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 10-24-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@Enigma;

looks good. a tribal elf.

I'm fine with your personal problem of only knowing 20 words of common.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

It makes for a nice limitation. Since the only time other races appeared in the northern plains were typically traders, not a lot of exposure. More civilized elves are going to find some of her words archaic, and a few that have become corrupted over time.

Ah, should have used the old speech.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    But I feel that for an order made just to protect nobility,
    That is not their primary function. That is the function that pays the bills. Primary function is to kill rogue mages, demons, and evil creatures summoned/mutated by mages.

removing the ability to cast magic
    I got that from Dragon Age's Templar Order, they can do it without magic. Only nonmages can be Templars, decided to broaden it to mages can join but remove their abilities.

and sire children seems a bit much.
    Making them a eunuch is relatively new. They have a strict code of honor with strict punishments, that requires celibacy at all times. That didn't stop at least one member of the Order from being a serial rapist, at least one victim was a noble woman. As a result, the nobility and royalty demanded it or they would fund another organization. To keep the money coming in the Order was forced to comply.

one more thing. your images for your equipment are not showing up
    Stupid crap, I'll hunt up alternative sources.

If you insist on them having a magical item that dispels magic, that I can do. Said item would have to be a permanent fixture on their body and prevent mages from casting spells.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@KRCmdrSheppard;

ok, yeah, missed that till I read the whole thing.
    kinda makes sense.

ok, history seems fine. but I think it's sad that the consequence of death isn't enough to hold someone back.

and as for the magic item, I would say that each "Official recruit," meaning anyone who has officially signed on, will be equipped with a ring that generates an anti-magic field that encompasses the wearer and gives the wearer the ability to use the dispel magic spell ever so often.
    If you are not officially on the roster, then you don't ever go into active service. you are more like a partner than a member of the order and therefor can help with the demons but not with the nobles, and you keep all magic and your junk. still no women though.
    it's a tool people could use to get around a few things. you're not officially part of the order, so you don't really need to comply with anything. where do you think they do get the rings they use to dispel magic?

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

so
    so far we have

2 bastards
    a half-elf bounty hunting gunslinger
    and a human noble with no claim that went to join the order (who is accounted a traitor, is a eunuch, and can't use magic.)

a revenge/hell bound elf shaman

and a human noble women

4 people in all

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    but I think it's sad that the consequence of death isn't enough to hold someone back.
    That's how it is in the real world. People do stupid things all the time that get themselves killed. Where the death penalty still applies, people still commit the crimes that get them the death penalty.

and as for the magic item, I would say that each "Official recruit," meaning anyone who has officially signed on, will be equipped with a ring that generates an anti-magic field that encompasses the wearer and gives the wearer the ability to use the dispel magic spell ever so often.
    If you are not officially on the roster, then you don't ever go into active service. you are more like a partner than a member of the order and therefor can help with the demons but not with the nobles, and you keep all magic and your junk. still no women though.
    it's a tool people could use to get around a few things. you're not officially part of the order, so you don't really need to comply with anything. where do you think they do get the rings they use to dispel magic?
    The order views all magic as an abomination. As long as one is not abusing it, they tolerate them. They will not work with one period unless they are stripped of their powers, to ask them to work with a mage who uses their powers would be like asking a Muslim to eat pork. As for it being a being ring, to easy for it be removed, unless the ring was on one of their ribs. As for where they got the rings, highly classified. You know the joke if i tell you i have to kill you, for the Order if they even suspect you know even a portion of the truth, they will hunt you down to the ends of the world and exterminate you.

Fixed the pictures, got different links altogether. The olds one work if you manually copied and pasted, don't know why clicking broke it.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@KRCmdrSheppard;

alright. fair enough

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast