Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventures of the Mixed and Messed up (M)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRCmdrSheppard View Post
    Making them a eunuch is relatively new. They have a strict code of honor with strict punishments, that requires celibacy at all times. That didn't stop at least one member of the Order from being a serial rapist, at least one victim was a noble woman. As a result, the nobility and royalty demanded it or they would fund another organization. To keep the money coming in the Order was forced to comply.
    Sounds a little extreme to me. You want to punish the rapist, you give them a nasty execution - hung, drawn and quartered, for example. Then fine the order. I'm sure a lot of the men who join the order did it for fame and glory, which would improve their prospects for a future prosperous life with a wife and family. This would have been taking away their future, so most of them would have left rather than accept such a grisly option.

The order could have simply paired two men together, essentially chaparoning each other.

Now, you've already described a battle in which your character was greviously wounded - why not make that one of the injuries he suffered? A last injustice visited upon him by one of the traitors. That would give him a great motive for seeking vengence.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@KRCmdrSheppard;

Enigma does have some good points
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Knight orders are typically made up of the sons of nobles - some of them would be inheriting their households. (And who else but the nobility could fund the outfitting of a knight?) Who else would you entrust the safety of noble women? Such an order by the royalty would be cutting their own throats, the houses would rise up in civil war.
    Last edited by Enigma; 10-24-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It's a merger of the Games of Thrones organization that Jon Snow joined and Templar Order from Dragon Age. Neither was made up exclusively of noble children. What I saw of Game of Thrones, a lot were not nobles. Templars, from the ones listed on the Templar Order article that had their own articles only one was listed as from being a noble family, another is the bastard son of a king. So nobility is the exception not the standard.

As for teaming them up, good idea on paper but there are way to many flaws. Are they going to be at each others side 24/7/365? What's to stop the rapist from sneaking out at night while the other is asleep? What's to stop the rapist from slipping something in his partner's drink knocking him out and playing it off as if he had one to many the next morning?

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

then they are both at fault for 1. doing the crime and 2. failing to do their job
    so it's not just yourself, it's both. And the truth will come out sooner or later as one will be at the other's throat.

you can also offset this by doing more than groups of two. say 3 or 4
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Bastard children could still inherit if there are no other heirs. However, if this order of yours is made up of more than the sons of noble families, legitimate and illegitimate, who pays for the outfitting of the men? Are they knights or men at arms?

You may want to sit down and describe in some detail about how this order of yours is structured?

It still falls down the same way - if it's a choice between closing the order or getting castrated for a crime you're not responsible for, there would be no more order. It makes greater sense for the kingdom that chartered the order to seize its property and disband the order than it does to maim them. Besides, who could ever trust the order with anything after that?

Honestly, you'd be better off taking this as a battle injury than a collective guilt on your order.

Also, noble women seldom travel alone or without protection. Where's the retinue?
    Last edited by Enigma; 10-25-2020 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    However, if this order of yours is made up of more than the sons of noble families, legitimate and illegitimate, who pays for the outfitting of the men?
    I have already answered that. I will not entertain any further questions, since my answers are not being read.

Dropping this.
    Last edited by KRCmdrSheppard; 10-25-2020 at 02:50 AM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I sent him a PM

and I think he skipped Enigma's suggestion to write out the structure of his order.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Sounds good! While you two talk about that it should just give Hatake and Godly a chance to add their characters to the mix.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I don't think we're getting KRC back. he doesn't tolerate people who doesn't pay attention and read posts because of past experiences with a few of them.
    he says they tend to turn the roleplay into either a D--- measuring contest or godmode with the race case of one doing both.
    I guess it's understandable, but not really needed here. He feels Enigma may be one of those types of players because they appear to have asked a question that he feels he already answered.

well, we start tomorrow, but not that we're gonna swap tomorrow.

@GodlyD&D; and @Hatake^Kakashi;
    we'll be waiting on you a bit to make your characters before swapping.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast