Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast

Thread: (M) The Adventures of the mixed and messed up [IC]

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

"Erpedoben," Klara repeated, letting the book fall shut with his thumb between the pages. "I can't say the name is familiar to me. Notable for magic... what sort of magic, do you know? Any idea of what the people are like where it concerns strangers?"

It was always a fiddle-y thing to approach new people without any idea of how their society functioned, what was expected of outsiders. The beauty of the strange, however, was that it was often undocumented. In that lay certain opportunities for the scholarly mind.

Considering the question Jaydeen asked, Klara looked off the way Gasha had gone for a moment, looking through the air into his own thoughts. Jaydeen had attempted to warn him of danger before he had realised it had been just outside the inn's doors, and been kind to him after the change despite Klara's initial suspicions. Still, no matter how trustworthy someone might be on the surface - there were only those who were family, and those who were not.

"Hm, you know, generally I feel myself." Shifting the book into one hand against his knee, he used the other to pluck at his clothing a bit with a sigh. "I do miss my gowns, but despite an anatomical inconvenience or two there really seems little difference. I can see further, my stride is longer, I can bear more weight, et cetera, et cetera. The real oddity is the quiet."

His eyes darkened and he furrowed his brow. "My blood... It doesn't sing. Such an odd absence. Before there was always a tune playing in the next room and it was just a matter of turning a corner to hear it fully. A vibration of sorts. Now, all is still. I cannot feel the Imp, nor sense my family, nor anything beyond the veil. All in silence, hidden from me."

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"That sounds... disturbing," she says, "I can't imagine what you must be going through... having something for so long, and then it just..." she sighs, "Sorry, I'm not helping. Hey... if you need any help adjusting, just... let me know."
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol said, "Of course we should find whatever information there would be from that tome relating to that gem, and any associated reversal of that power. I would say we should find it as soon as we can. Other people are affected, as I was, although I am certain they don't all care for each other in that city, as some with that problem were ignoring others with the same problem, and I am only with this body from duplicating my original body to me, when the one in mine was never waking up for a long time, and it seemed that one would die with my body, still this duplicate body might reverse from something back to the body of that woman which I was put in from that amulet! Please let us find that tome!"

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"calm yourself," Diragusher said with a raised hand, "I have already found the tome and have been searching its pages since early this morning. There are ways of reversing the effects that I do not have at my disposal, but it can be done. The wizard who had made this amulet had made another item of similar ability, but it has been lost. Surely, if found, it could be used to reverse the effect of the one that was broken. Either this or pray a diety of sufficient divine will take pity. I fear there is no other known way to reverse this." The old wizard sighed, "If you wish to have this condition reversed, then you must seek out the remaining Jearius' Amulet, else seek out forgotten eldrich arts that may undo this curse."
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

"I see, the Jearius' Amulet is what must be found. Can we look in the tome? If I would search for it I should see any image of it shown, should I not? Indeed we should pray to the great God. Would you not be considering Citra for that, who you recognize? Or were you thinking of the one whose name the people of the village I am from know? If there is any clue for its current or very recent location I wish there was a way we could know that already. And with your knowledge and powers, you might know better than any how to use it. I and the other trainees only know of using devices from what you taught us. It would be desirable that you would be with me, and whoever else would be with me, when we would come to find that amulet."

The high wizard Diragusher said, "I have the tome right over here." He turned and crossed the room, Arapegol followed some way behind him.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"as for your other concerns," he says as he picks it up and flips through the pages to reach the stop concerning the previously discussed amulet, "You may pray to any deity you like, though I think they all would more than happy to laugh at your situation now and help you much later. As for going with you, I'm afraid I must stay here. There is a summit for the other great wizards and magic users for which I must play host, among other things. But I can give you a way to contact me once you have found the amulet, that way we can complete the last leg of this quest together." he continues as he stops at a page to examine it and starts to flip back the other way, "as for last known location, it was rumored to have been heading North from Diodun, a rather large city. Now, the caravan was attacked by bandits and was never seen again. The one that was destroyed, I suspect, was the one taken at the death of Jearius himself. It's not the best information, but it's a start." He stops at another page, "here. This" He points to an image that looks like it may have been the amulet, "is the one I suspect was destroyed. And this one," he points to another next to it that looks very similar with a few differences, "is it's, hopefully, remaining brother."
    He then hands to book to Arapegol.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol taking it said, "I shall go then north from Diodun, though I know nothing of that city or its location, I have a map still, if you cannot help me to know where it is and how to get there. I will look as far as I can for clues to locate the strange amulet. And I would be prayerful for that. Would you be willing to appoint any other trainee to go with me for this? I would go with my friend Eyriconer, but be needs to stay and recover."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I think you already have companions with a similar goal in mind," Diragusher said, "I think they will be what you need as you undertake this journey. It may do you well to find them, work with them, and get to know them."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

"It really cannot be Eyriconer now. Oh, so you mean people there in that Quadick city who were affected? There were something like ten or twelve that I knew were affected. But I only talked with one of them for any length and another just briefly. They seemed so divided with their self interest and not caring for others there also affected. I do not know where they would be now, but doubt they would all be found together, and they might not be such people worthwhile to work with. I might try if I can find out that Quadick city is along the way toward Diodun, still, that is where I should go as soon as I can to be looking. Still since the abrupt loss from the attack of the hellfiend there I would go without use of the power I had, I would not even be able to restore this body to the woman who would get it back as the womanly body it was."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"well, I could restore it to its original form now, or I could to it once you have the amulet," The wizard says, "But, there is another matter before you leave. You will need new items, and you will need to continue your education of the arcane arts a little bit before you leave. So far you have only used the magic stored in items. I wish to teach you to use the ambient arcane energy before you leave. Then we may have more to discuss."

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 LastLast