Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Thread: (M) The Adventures of the mixed and messed up [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Gasha had chopped up the rabbit along with other vegetables. She had also seasoned the rabbit with some thyme and garlic. Usually she took days to marinate and cure meats. For now this would have to do. A quick meal and then the group would have to continue on and start planning their next course of action. Gasha did hope she would have time to make a new bow. Her old one, well was too big for Jaydeen's frame. She shrugged her shoulders and headed back out to the other two.

She dropped the bits of meat and mix of vegetables into the already brewing broth. As she stirred it a pleasant aromatic gush of savory spices filled the air. Her stomach growled and she blushed from embarrassment. "Good choice of spices Klara. Now we will let it cook for a half an hour and we will have a meal." Gasha covered the cauldron to trap the heat and let it cook faster.

She then sat down on a nearby log. It looked like the two were having a deep conversation, she hoped she wasn't interrupting. She cleared her throat. "So now we need to decide what to do. Where is the other one who was with us? I fear we all might need to be together to reverse this spell. Otherwise who knows where the soul will go if the originial host body is not present."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"That's a good question," Jaydeen says, "Maybe you'll end up swapping with another person." They suggested before their own stomach growled and she gave a little laugh, "looks like this little stomach also thinks it smells good."

She continued to maintain her guns, focusing on them instead of Gasha, hoping that her blushing would be taken for embarrassment. Gasha was kind and considerate, but it was a bit early. Yet she still felt so warm when she was close. Remembering her past brought a small bit of anxiety, but she tried to push them aside. Gasha was nothing like their former fiance. She didn't realize she looked as though she were thinking something unpleasant.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Klara nodded his thanks and understanding to Jaydeen.

They had all taken the change in different strides. The woman with the shrunken goblin heads had seemed reasonable, if less than impressed with their number. Klara really didn't blame her. While composed of both kind and eccentric people, it was not the sort of group she would have ever really found herself associating with by choice. She supposed she was likely less than an ideal to them also - particularly now that she had no real skillset to offer. Sighing, she mumbled a positive sound to Gasha when she praised her choice of spices. At least that seemed to have gone well.

When Gasha sat, Klara noted that the freely conversational Jaydeen seemed to grow quiet. It was hard to tell if the flush on the elf's face was the fire or the nearness of the other. For a moment the former sorceress slid her eyes between the pair, before gazing off the way they had come.

"She had her mount with her last I noticed. I thought that she was behind us. Perhaps she was already familiar with the area and went ahead to search for answers?"

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol answered the high wizard, "And we can start this training right away? If so, I would willingly learn, as I have trained well under you up until now. I should still leave soon and not let this matter wait, as time may make great difference yet to finding this other amulet, and for other issues. So let us start then. And I will still need to know the way to Diodun."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Then let us begin," Diragusher said as he drew Arapegol to another room with walls of stone, and the back of the door reinforced with steel, "Here, you shall be trained in harnessing the arcane power. It can be dangerous to the untrained, but your training with magical items should help you."
    He raised and waved his hands a little and a glow surrounded them before he released the energy as a bolt of booming lightning into the wall where only a sing mark was made.

"These walls are enchanted so they can take the strain of magic attacks released onto them, so you need to worry," he says, "Now, to start, I want you to focus on a single point in your body, like your hand."
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol listened to his wizard instructor, with careful attention as always. He then focused on a point on the wrist right behind the left hand, and paid attention to all that Diragusher was instructing him in.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Now, feel the energy around you," he says, "listen to it, and imagine it collecting in your hand. It should feel similar to the energy building in an item right before release."

As Arapegol continued to follow Diragusher's instructions, his hands slowly began to glow.

"Good, good," Diragusher said, "Now, think about what you want it to do. Now, what are all the elements involved in it? how do they combine? Once you know, release the energy."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The wizard Diragusher showed Arapegol how he must tap into the ambient arcane energy in the area and then pull it into himself. He could then pull it up into his center and then drive it out into his hands where he could direct and shape the raw energy into the desired effect.

"What will it do?" Arapegol asked.

"What do you want to do with it?" Diragusher responded.

Arapegol said, "I could create light or cause a fire on something with this, could I not?"

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Gasha smiled when Jaydeen's stomach growled. She was happy to be able to provide him with a meal. It brought her comfort to know she could do something to aide his needs. Slight butterflies came into her stomach as she watched him work diligently. He was dedicated to his craft and watching him with guns made her realize he might be protective to his companions. She was happy he was on their side and able to offer his fighting skills. So far all she was good for was being a steed and a cook.

Hearing him mention the food Gasha nodded. "Oh right." She got up quickly and went over to the cauldron. She removed the lid and the aromatic stew filled the air. She stirred it a few times and tried some on her spoon. Giving a satisfied nod, she started to fill some bowls. Gasha brought the servings over to the two along with a side of bread.

"I do think that is a good idea. We should find the other two to make sure the switch does not go haywire and we end up in a worse situation. I do not think I would like to be a squirrel or worse." Gasha sat and ate her stew slowly.

After she got out an old bow that used to belong to her mother. It was closer to her new size and stature. She nodded and began to also get new arrows together, readying herself to fight along their journey.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Watching Gasha curiously as he checked the stew, Klara accepted the bowl with a nod and a quiet offer of thanks. Feeling a trifle awkward with his larger shape, he noticed how the spoon also seemed smaller in his hands. Tasting the food, Klara gave a small and inadvertent utterance of approval. It was far better than he had anticipated considering his hand in it.

Gasha must have salvaged it. How polite.

Quickly realising his hunger, Klara forced himself to eat slowly and chew each bite thoroughly. All things considered, he supposed he could be in a worse position. The implications to his career were tragic, but a victory in the end would make him - her - a legend. Eyes on the prize. Sighing, he scooped another bite into his mouth.

At least squirrels had claws, which was more in the way of fighting skills than Klara could boast. Perhaps if the worst came he could bludgeon someone over the head with his pack and his new-found strength. Or simply run. This body seemed quite athletic. That might stand him in good stead, at least.

"Probably a good idea."

His mother was going to have a thing or two to say about all this. Feeling a tad uneasy at the thought, he pushed his stew around the bowl and gazed up into the sky.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast