View Poll Results: Which faction do you want to be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Recovery Coalition

1 100.00%
  • Local Militia

0 0%
  • Scavengers

0 0%
  • other (please explain in a post)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Recovery (Full world reboot) - (Reboot) - [M]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default The Recovery (Full world reboot) - (Reboot) - [M]

The Recovery

Hey guys, welcome to the reboot of the short lived Recovery RP.
    So here is the world:
    Standard Earth with a bunch of crap. Think close to fallout 4 USA, but less radiation, as many if not more and different mutations and experiments. Over all, very similar circumstance with factions everywhere such as raiders, scavengers, and other's similar to Minute men, BoS, and more. But not the same. You may also compare it to other post-apocalyptic games, movies, and books like Mercadies Lackey's Hunter Trilogy that I like.

The main point of civilization is a huge city with smaller towns surrounding it. The city is known as New Civic. This city, the surrounding towns, and other settlements surrounding and farther away are part of The Recovery Coalition. The Recovery is really a military like group working on recovering lost ground. Securing and resettling old civilization and such.

There are other races besides humans that may be played. They are a result of many things, like mutations, genetic experimentation, and the like. Some rummers have spread that some may have come from other worlds.
    There is also a level of magic, but it's not very common. Because of such, there is little known about what allows people to use magic and how it is done. New things are being discovered by scientists and mages alike concerning the matter.

But, as a whole, the only ones with any real power is The Recovery Coalition and a few other factions around the old USA that anyone knows of. The RC (Recovery Coalition) has regained certain industrial capabilities, providing them with transportation and weaponry. They may do trade with outlaying settlements not under the coalition for supplies they need in order to keep running their stuff thought.
    The RC is also not the only ones capable of making weapons and ammo, so equal fire power is a total possibility and an issue when you're in a land convoy to a settlement and get ambushed by raiders.

Please note: you do not need to be part of The RC. You, as a group, are free to choose to be in the military, a local settlement militia, civilians, scavengers, or another faction all together. But, I want it to be a group choice. If the majority want's to be another faction, we are going to be that other faction.

With that said
    Spoiler: here are the rules 

Spoiler: The character sheet 

Number of magic users: 3/8

Accepted characters:
    Jasmine By Enigma
    Claire Redfeather By SaltyIrishman
    Gesha Grace By Highland Sniper

Dead/inactive characters:

The Recovery IC
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 11-17-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I’m interested in joining, and I’ve got a character idea in mind, but they aren’t exactly a human, elf, or beastkin. My idea basically goes that either before the impending apocalypse or sometime during, a group of half-mad scientists/mages created a “perfect human” built to withstand the harsh environment. In truth, they were only half-human. They could transform from human into a species of dinosaur.

What do you think? Is that okay?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

A bit much.
    I'm ok with some sort of low level shifter, like a skinwalker from Pathfinder or shifter from 5e
    but I think your idea may be a little much.
    It would also be counted as a magic ability.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Alright. I do want to keep the dinosaur aspect without going halfway, if you know what I mean. If I need to, they can be just a run-of-the-mill human otherwise. And the dinosaur I had in mind was Utahraptor, not like T. rex or Triceratops or anything huge like that.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Name: Jasmine

Race: Morlock, a primative subterranian species that dwells in caves, will only venture out onto the surface on dark nights. Preys on lone travelers or helpless children.

Racial traits/abilities: Dark skin, bat ears (enhanced hearing), darkvision (can see up to 30 feet in pitch darkness), claws and pointed teeth.

Skills and abilities: (stuff you're REALLY good at just for being you. Max of 4) Knowledge: arcana; Knowledge: herbology; healing (first aid), Sewing.

Magical or other ability: Conjuration - can produce manifestations of creatures, energy or objects, and object creation. Mage hand, produce flame, entangle, fog cloud, healing spirit

Description:

Personality: Morlocks are typically killed on sight, so she has to hide herself by keeping herself hooded and covered so that only her eyes show.

B: Parents were seen hiding themselves in a collapsed house, villagers surrounded the structure and set it alight. One of the morlocks pushed the baby out of a small hole to get it to safety. Villagers decided to sell it to one of the local mages. Jasmine was raised under his protection and educatated, but in truth she was more of a study subject.

Personal Equipment:
    Carries a pouch with bandages and herbal medicines, tinder box, a pin case, a journal, ink and quills, a compass, and pen knife.

Spoiler: Other: 
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-17-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@SaltyIrishman;
    I'm not sure about that. You could be a beast tamer, and we could turn part of the USA into an ARK Survival because of some experiment that got out. So you could have a pet dino.
    But I don't think I'll allow you to go full dino yourself.

@Enigma;
    I Think it's ok.
    Because you were raised by humans, I don't think you have the same cannibalistic tendencies. And unless your face is really disfigured, I don't think it'll be much trouble around a lot of the Recovery Unit, since it's a bunch of different races that are also bestial.
    And not everyone is gonna like that you're a mercenary.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 11-17-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Alright. That’s cool. Utahraptors are better mounts than horses because horses can’t eat your enemies. I’ll get to work on a character sheet.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Make sure to add beast tamer to your skills

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@Highland Sniper; keep in mind that the reason she's been identified as a Morlock was because the Spark Lord Librarian took the Time Machine book seriously. It doesn't help that a distorted drawing of her face is what they put on the warning posters. And by mercenary, really it's more like "Help for hire" - and mostly what the villagers are looking to hire is someone to take care of the creatures attacking them.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

ok then
    so, big misunderstandings
    and who knows who is really gonna make a connection between a bad drawing and your fine face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast