Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: The Andromeda Federation (OOC)

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Not really, because humans are 1 out of a few hundred billion, and you can’t exactly do the whole adventurer thing if you kill every non-human you see.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

but I don't have to like them!

and I can just be eager to kill the bad ones XP

Spoiler: Things I like 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

It kinda depends on your reasoning. Humans have been in space with aliens for about 800 years by now, so there really wouldn’t be very much anti-alien sentiment.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman View Post
    A list of notable materials should suffice. If they’re lacking anything that is otherwise common, let me know that too.
    Roger, roger!

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    i think i know what i'm gonna do

This is terrible and amazing. "Star Slime" is definitely something I am going to steal and recycle.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyIrishman View Post
    It kinda depends on your reasoning. Humans have been in space with aliens for about 800 years by now, so there really wouldn’t be very much anti-alien sentiment.
    Tell that to the Irish

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

There’s a difference between conquered and subjugated and calm trade agreements and social integration.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

|Name| Divinia "Tink" Cole
    |Age| 23
    |Species| Human
    |Occupation| Junkrat. Aspiring Mechanic & Inventor.
    |Planet of Origin| Canis Petram (aka "Dog Rock", "The Crucible")

|Description| Small and wiry, with big ears and big dark eyes, Vini is all lean muscle and boyish frame. She might clean up well, if she ever lighted somewhere long enough to be cleaned up, but she's always diving into one junk pile or another looking for her next salvage. She is often mistaken for a teenage boy. Pale and fidgety, she can be a little unpredictable. While she can handle tedious and detailed mechanical or experimental projects, and the hazards of breaking down abandoned and condemned vessels in a spacedock designed for such a purpose; she has also been known to pop out of places whilst unexpectedly wielding plasma torches and other volatile tools to solve iffy problems without warning. She knows what she's doing, ish, so never fear!

|Skills|
    • |Identify| Keeping eyes open as a career junkrat or salvager can help you identify nearly anything - or at least find detail and information that others might miss.

• |Salvage| Can sometimes find a use for unexpected items by identifying them as useful in specific capacities based off of design and/or materials, location found, etc. Skilled at removal of such items and stripping them, preparing them for further deconstruction or transport.

• |Seedy Bedfellows| Need a favour from a friend of a friend? An in with the local trade lord? That rare exotic pet for your cousin's celebration? Information on movements/whereabouts of lost friendlies or hostiles? Reputation is everything, and this character has a personal and/or familial one that lets them hop through back doors and alleyways to retrieve such - all the better that they know what sorts of booze or bribery grease each cog and wheel. One wee drawback might be that after unfortunate circumstances like, say, for an entirely made-up example, one enterprising would-be inventor caved in their lovely mine shaft with an explosive mod meant to improve an exhaust system: in such an entirely pretend example, a connection might need time to cool off before they are willing to deal with said mechanical wunderkind again. Hypothetically.

|Abilities|
    • |Frack It| When push comes to shove, any tool's a weapon and any weapon's a tool. Enemies struggle to plan for this level of chaos. Upside is the world's your oyster. Downside is, sometimes it goes bad. Real bad.

• |Tinker, Taser, Solder, Spry| Small and fast, capable of fitting into narrow places, difficult to catch, and light enough to monkey up/down/all around with minimal handholds and footholds. She's strong and agile, but pocket-sized for convenience! As a very minor side effect, she may also stick her little sticky hands into places that look like they might have shiny things of use to her in them. Downside is, the owners of those pockets aren't always thrilled with this brand of "repurposing".

• |Roach Resilience| Used to living in difficult environs, particularly hard to harm or starve. Not only tends to survive rough living situations, but is difficult to kill either by external intent or her own ill-advised schemes. Might luck out of death in dire friendly fire situations. Let's not test that last bit, please!

|Inventory|
    • Simple shirt and trousers w/mechanic's standard cap, gloves, heavy work boots, ventilator, and coveralls.
    • Mechanic's bag with the usual kit you'd find and odd bits of things tossed in as they are found.
    • Dog-eared book on space ship design with sketches of upgrades and energy systems stuffed between the pages
    • Crumpled blank pages and scraps of paper scrounged from odd places where they were left unattended
    • Soot pencils

|Personality|
    • Cheerful
    • Eccentric
    • Open-minded
    • Opportunistic

|Backstory| Born into the Cole family of non-Holders and raised in a sort of union known amongst the mining families for geological survey and "divining" where to dig and drill, Divinia Cole was expected to take up the family mantle like her parents and grandparents before them. Like her cousins and brothers and everyone else she knew. Her small size made her a poor fit for mining work, though she was quick and spry. Optimistic and not to be out-done, she began redesigning popular equipment to make it easier for someone of her size to do as much - or more! - more efficiently. It started with hydraulics and moved on to more complex concepts, the occasional explosion a minor consequence for the returns she garnered for her family. Her designs quickly gained traction with other families who negotiated for their use, or to have her loaned out to tweak their own equipment. She went from a liability to an asset that her family dislikes sharing when it can be avoided. It makes them faster diggers and more productive on the whole.

Still, overly energetic and flighty, she tends to fiddle with anything that can be tinkered with when left alone with it for too long - even if others might prefer that she didn't. As a result, sometimes a seemingly normal tool or weapon can crop up with an unexpected "improvement". Often that's positive, but sometimes the addition can be a poor fit for a given application, or simply useless and distracting. Occasionally it can go off the rails and explode or create some other unforeseen chaos. There is a fine line between helping, improving, mending - and meddling. That is a line that Divinia has yet to recognise and often crosses.

After a recent explosion in a major Holder mineral vein, which Divinia was incredibly eager to investigate and work to prevent in future, her parents shuffled her off to a junker ship where she has been working in space dock disassembling derelicts and making salvage runs by turn. She typically serves as something of a mechanic. Ish.

Spoiler: |Canis Petram| 
    Last edited by Alura; 12-02-2020 at 04:28 AM.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I am blown away by this! Accepted!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Some prospective tech for your approval

Spoiler: AR Glasses 

Spoiler: Omni Commerical 

Spoiler: Omni MilSpec 

Spoiler: BioSampler wand 
    Last edited by Enigma; 12-02-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

oh there will always be people

but i don't have to be a raging xenophobe, I can be a pop idol!

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast