Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 181920212270 ... LastLast

Thread: The Andromeda Federation (OOC)

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I'm just gonna have to deal with the rest of the party either way. But I like to be reasonable with my choices OOC.
    I wouldn't go with the cathedral, but maybe a good sized Yacht with a small freighter in a just large enough docking bay, possibly with a single fighter.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

why fighter?

my not a shuttlecraft or surface recon vehicle?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

that works too,
    but I say fighter for the fire support
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

turreted weapons make better fire support. fighters are only useful if there are enough of them to screen fire in capital ship combat

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

alright

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    I'm thinking an armed freighter with decent room on board and detachable cargo pods on the bottom.
    I'll either draw one or find a good image.

So far we got 2 dif freighter ideas and a space cathedral.
    Liberator class Cargo Freighter. Modular ship, mostly a reinforced plate with engines on one end that 6 congrav cargo drop pods attach to in two columns of three or one column of three if you want to centerline it. You can stack it two deep below the plate for a maximum of 12 cargo pods (six centerline) while mobile assets without interstellar drive can be anchored to the top plate and deployed on arrival.

I figure that one of the drop pods can be configured as a mobile stage for our singer.

While unarmed, you can certainly mount turrets along the top plate.

It was built for moving cargo to war zones, so most of them are mothballed, with few in active service.
    Last edited by Enigma; 12-08-2020 at 02:46 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

sounds nice

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I was an experiment that grew up using antiquated tech...
    Just thinking about how my character might react to things that are closer to what she actually knows, like old airplanes.

Hops into cockpit, looks around for about a minute before messing around with the controls and checking for surface controls before taking off.
    Everyone else be like: The hell she doing!?

I was always doing a test or some experiment, so it is possible that they did other tests on me other than biological, such as reactionary, learning, social, etc.
    Though I may be a little behind on a few things compared to everyone else, it's possible I could fly an old aircraft or drive an automobile. But put me in something modern for everyone else in the area, and I'd have no idea what I was doing.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 12-08-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Liberator class Cargo Freighter. Modular ship, mostly a reinforced plate with engines on one end that 6 congrav cargo drop pods attach to in two columns of three or one column of three if you want to centerline it. You can stack it two deep below the plate for a maximum of 12 cargo pods (six centerline) while mobile assets without interstellar drive can be anchored to the top plate and deployed on arrival.

I figure that one of the drop pods can be configured as a mobile stage for our singer.

While unarmed, you can certainly mount turrets along the top plate.

It was built for moving cargo to war zones, so most of them are mothballed, with few in active service.
    That would answer the want for different sorts of mobile assets, whether for fighting or exploring, etc., and uses Az's container suggestion and Sniper's freighter suggestion.

Also I hear they auction for a good price. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    I was an experiment that grew up using antiquated tech...
    Just thinking about how my character might react to things that are closer to what she actually knows, like old airplanes.

Hops into cockpit, looks around for about a minute before messing around with the controls and checking for surface controls before taking off.
    Everyone else be like: The hell she doing!?

I was always doing a test or some experiment, so it is possible that they did other tests on me other than biological, such as reactionary, learning, social, etc.
    Though I may be a little behind on a few things compared to everyone else, it's possible I could fly an old aircraft or drive an automobile. But put me in something modern for everyone else in the area, and I'd have no idea what I was doing.
    Do the Qua'doti use human/Earth tech? Or did they develop airplanes and automobiles parallel to that? Since they are from unexplored space, did they find human tech at some point or have a way to glean those things? Or did Qua'doti find and observe it? Are we talking Model T's and biplanes or 2020 modern sedans or sports models and commercial airlines, fighters, intelligence craft, etc.?

Or do they have their own versions of these things entirely? Do they have submergibles that might mirror their own designs for space craft since they have aquatic biomes, or have they not really gotten to space travel yet in general?

Each of the races and planets probably have different measures of antiquated versus modern and have developed things particular to their sphere, so am curious what that looks like for the Qua'doti and Torodois? If they haven't had exposure to other races entirely then what is the baseline that she would be starting out from initially?

You mentioned in her backstory that there had been an ongoing civil unrest and war in addition to the experiments, so does that mean she is most likely to be familiar with medical/biological facilities doing R&D and maybe weaponry/combat equipment? Was it swords and guns or airplanes and tanks, and what era would that mirror, etc.?

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

it could be that they had earth-like tech and didn't advance

like that nazi planet from star trek

Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 181920212270 ... LastLast