Page 1 of 72 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Andromeda Federation (OOC)

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Default The Andromeda Federation (OOC)

In the endless expanse of the universe, civilizations rise and fall, wage war and make peace, and gather under Galactic Federations. Hundreds of billions of sapient species come together with their space-faring neighbors to form political spheres galaxies wide. Even so, with countless Federations, a good 90% of the universe is still wild and free. Some star systems refuse to join Federations, some species are too war-like, but most are simply unknown. Only a small portion of the cosmos has been mapped, and even with all the Federation-sanctioned exploratory ships, the unknown grows every day. As is the nature of the infinite universe.

However, our story begins in the Andromeda Federation. The Andromeda Federation is unstable, with pirates becoming bolder, the Xkkrt’llnt Federation edging in on vulnerable border planets, and a credit recession, tensions are running high. Some turn their backs on the law, others join up with the Federal Military, some keep their heads down and hope life returns to normal, but some throw off their old lives and become adventurers. Adventurers are a unique bunch, sometimes outside the law and sometimes within. Each starship seems their own Federation. The allure of adventure, credits, and freedom has called many.

Welcome to the Andromeda Federation! The Andromeda Federation is a high-concept space opera built on exploration and adventure. The plot is ultimately player-driven, like a game of Starfinder or D&D. Science Fiction is a very broad genre that has many subgenres. Character choice can change the plot drastically, from battling an empire to becoming pirates, from exploring the cosmos to finding the last of a mystic order. It is up to the players to create the story while I operate the background for their epic space saga.

Spoiler: /~Rules~\ 

Spoiler: /~Common Species~\ 

Spoiler: /~Common Tech~\ 

Spoiler: /~Character Sheet~\ 

Spoiler: /~Species Submission Form~\ 

Spoiler: /~Crew~\ 
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 03-14-2021 at 10:23 PM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Spoiler: Species Submission Form - Dracosian 

NOTE 12/1/2020 - what sort of tech is commonly available in this game?
    Last edited by Enigma; 12-01-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I’m going to create a spoiler with common tech once I get finished with the species.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I've made up some natural resources for my character's society/planet that I was going to throw into the Character Sheet. Do we want to compile some sort of index of what exists in our world galaxies like that or do you think that is unecessary? It could also include other things like the pheromone types that the Dracosian use, special liquids or such from Moonlight's homeworld. That sort of thing!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

A list of notable materials should suffice. If they’re lacking anything that is otherwise common, let me know that too.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

i think i know what i'm gonna do

Spoiler: Things I like 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Lmao. If y’all mess up too badly it might happen >:)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@SaltyIrishman; - character proposal

Name: Brz'tek' Sirc
    Species: Dracosian
    Description: Repiloid biped, 183 cm in height, gold-flaked green eyes. Scarring (blackened skin) along left side of head, neck, arm and torso. Tends to cradle its left arm,which is noticibly smaller than its right.
    Skills: Medicine, chemistry, prosthetics and medical implants
    Abilities: Hands and feet each have four claws, she can still spit out a neurotoxic poison approximately four times a day with a range of approximately 1-1/2 meters. As it takes four hours for it to refill its venom sack, the first posion spitball is usally more lethal than its last.
    Inventory:
    Pending approval
    Personality: Shattered and subdued - her position, her ship, her queen - gone. Abandoned on an alien world. Scentless, classless - even the lowest males of her kind dismiss her! Prone to manic-depressive cycles.
    Backstory: Sirc was born in space, in the nursery abouard the Queen Brz'tek's ship, where she was examined and found to be without flaw or defect - the first test of life. It was here she learned of their history, of a perfect planet that inexplicably disappeared. How the queens shook off the Emperess' stupor and clensed the ships of the traitors and started afresh. And each was given training in all areas of the ship, carefully watched and evaluated until the Selection, the second test of life.

Sirc was assigned to the farms that took the fodder from hydroponics fed the animals they feasted on. She, along with the others, were taught by the Veterinarian, who watched and evaluated them. Sirc was the one she selected as a candidate, and Queen Brz'tek agreed, filling her with the subtle blend that would allow her to grow from her humble form into a Candidate herself, this passing the third test of life. As she grew, the Veterinarian taught her everything she knew, even let her work on aliens, learning their bodies, repairing their wounds and ills.

Then the day came where the Veterinarian stepped down from her post, ready to surrender her own life, but Queen Brz'tek spared her, making her an advisor to her court, and by decree made Sirc the new Veterinarian. Thus, student and teacher passed the fourth and fifth test of life.

The attack by Queen P'vat, however, caught them completely by surprise. An alien world was nearby, Queen Brz'tek took a gamble and brought her ship into atmosphere - a gamble they lost. A missile punched through the hull and exploded. While she survived the shockwave and the subsequent crash, the flames were not kind to her. She was barely aware of the invading queen's soldiers and candidates who finished off her dying queen before kicking her away to the far corner as they stripped away anything useful, while she succumbed to the cold of sleep.

The warmth of spring woke her from her hibernation and she dragged herself in the darkness until she came on a thawing corpse, and her hunger was such that she tore into the tasteless flesh, eating her fill. Eventually, she found a tear in the hull where light and fresh warm air flowed in, and managed to lift herself upright. To her relief, there were other members of her crew there. She could see them staring at her, sniffing the air - and turned away. Sric was scent-less, a nameless and scarred nobody, and none of their concern.

Other: Burns along her snout and torso has destroyed her ability to smell or emit pheromones.
    Last edited by Enigma; 12-01-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Looks pretty good. Accepted!

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

what, so a xenophobic alien hunter would work?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 1 of 72 12351 ... LastLast