Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Andromeda Federation (IC)

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

She would feel Skylar's gentle voice in her head once more. Fear not, it is just medicine to help you from getting sick, a vaccine for all of our known viruses, to prevent you from catching them, it will not harm you. he would say to her telepathically, his gentle voice caressing the inner walks of her mind, radiating a calm presence. None of us want to hurt you, we just want to make sure you do not get hurt or sick.

Spoiler: Things I like 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sirc scowled. "Subject is becoming agitated by the immunization shot," she spoke aloud for the room recorders. "If this was a known species that we could communicate with, we might introduce a compatible tranquilizer. Unfortunately, this would require a full genetic workup, which this unit cannot perform. As we are unable to anticipate any adverse affects, we will have to resort to other measures."

The veterinarian turned and raised one finger, which she pressed against her closed mouth. She then leaned forward, staring at its face.

"Be quiet," she instructed firmly.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Well, thanks a lot for telling me sooner she allowed her anxiouse sarcasme to coem through in full force as she still pushed on the lid of the box. Still hyperventalating a little bit, not feeling too much at ease, she continued to broadcast her thoughts, Mind letting me out now?

Really, knowing that she was just shot with an alian vaccine didn't help her mood, but at least she knew she wasn't supposed to die from that if they were telling the truth.
    Really, the similarities to the labs were really driving home with that shot, and she wanted to itch it so bady.

After a moment, she saw the strange woman put a finger to her mouth and heard her say something. she thought it was to stay quiet, but she wasn't sure.
    What did she say? she asked.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 04-02-2021 at 03:45 AM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Typically easy-going, Tink's mouth fell open a little at the appearance of the insectoid being between Ayo and Pedro. Head cocked to one side, she started an uneasy protest of "Uhhhh, Pedro...?"

One look at his face was enough to tell her that this was not his decision, and she shifted uncomfortably within her suit, looking to Ayo for confirmation before nodding once. "One more survivor."

She had not been all that excited about the first one, and was a little disappointed to leave the vessel behind. After all, it was the most interesting thing they had come across in a while. She could spend weeks just pouring over the strange language and the arrangement of their systems. The idea of leaving it and taking a hostile with them seemed like more than borrowing trouble. They were buying it!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Heh, not much for bedside manner, are ya, doc? She wants to be let out." Skylar says, looking at Sirc. "It's okay to let her out now, right?" He turns back to 19 and focuses. She said to be quiet, doc doesn't really have much of a bedside manner, but she really does care. Don't take it personally. I could try singing to you while you wait to be let out, would that help calm you down?

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

019 tried to take some deepre, slower breathes to try calming down a bit and started to lightly scratch at her new rash.
    I don't know, she thought frustratedly, They never- No one ever really sang to me before. came the sad thought.
    She stopped pushing on the lid and tried to curl up into a ball in the small confines as she fought back tears.

It was true. Sure, there was interest and care in her development at the lab, but not a whole lot of love. She escaped to get out of the confined spaces and the tests. she wasn't even sure how to define singing. Oh, they tought her math and some science as well as how to read and right, but even that was just to test her capacity for learning, retention, and use.

She felt a little calmer, but she still wanted out. the lid wouldn't budge, so struggleing was pointless.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Suddenly, his voice changed, while it still retained its normal soothing tone, it took on a much more musical and melodic aspect, it was surreal, almost, like night and day. Transporting the listener far away from a cold medbay, to deep, deep in some fae glen far away as his melodic non-vocal singing transforms into actual singing, and through telepathy, she can understand him.

"Come, little children,
    I'll take thee away
    Into a land of enchantment
    Come, little children,
    The time's come to play
    Here in my garden of shadows

Follow, sweet children,
    I'll show thee the way
    Through all the pain and the sorrows
    Weep not, poor children,
    For life is this way
    Murdering beauty and passions

Hush now. dear children, it must be this way
    Too weary of life and deceptions
    Rest now, my children
    For soon we'll away
    Into the calm and the quiet."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

019 listened and forgot about her suroundings for a moment as she was caught in his song.
    It was almost like the time she finally got into the open world.

She lay still for a moment in her little ball, her breathing calmed as the song went on.
    Her anxieties were still there, but more surpressed. She still didn't like the confines of the box.

Could you let me out now? she asked a few moments at the end of her song, her anxiaty still bleeding through, but she seemed a bit calmer. less frantic about it, but no more comfertable.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Heh, not much for bedside manner, are ya, doc? She wants to be let out." Skylar says, looking at Sirc. "It's okay to let her out now, right?"

"She must be quiet," Sirc said, her voice clipped as the machine once again prompted her to sedate the alien. "Although well-made, this equipment is older than I, it has problems with reading vitals while the patient is thrashing about!"

The vet glared angrily at the alien before turning back to the panel. It was calming down, the autodoc was getting readings from it. One sniff was all she needed. Get the alien's scent and it would tell her so much about the alien - and here she was, nose blind, relying on a machine to tell her what her patient's vitals were! It was so... what was the word? Frustrating!

"Yes," she said, her voice returning to its normal if strict tone. "They appear to be accepting the vaccination.... What's this?"

Code 422 flashed on the the screen, with a more information link. She clicked it with one nail.

"Unprocessable enity," she read. "What is that? It doesn't like the unknown species? Why doesn't it give me proper codes?!?"

She glared through the polycarbonate shielding at the alien, then looked up at the ceiling, grumbling. "I'm going to have to do this."

With a sigh, she went over to the supply cabinets, going thorugh the drawers until she found a syringe, still wrapped in plastic, and a sanispray can.

Laying the two on the protective cover of the autodoc, Sirc knocked on the plastic.

"Watch me," she ordered. Picking up the sanispray, she sprayed her left medial epicondylitis until the inside curve of her elbow glistened. It was absorbed quickly. She then picked up the syringe, unwrapping it from its protective bag, then swapped the needle so it was pointing out of the plastic.

"I need a blood sample," she scowled, nodding her chin at 019. "Are you watching?"

She found the vein and gently nudged the needle into the skin between the scales, then carefully pulled back the plunger to draw in her own blood before sliding the needle out. She then laid the syringe with her blood on the top of the plastic cover and pointed at the alien.

"It is your turn," she said, shifting her scaly finger to the syringe, then her inner elbow.

Hopefully it understood. Keying in the command, the sample arm slid out of the autodoc on the alien's left, producing a needle.

"Ready?" Sirc asked, her finger hovering over the screen.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-02-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

019 looked up at the scaly person, and observed as they said something - gosh, how she wished she could understand what she was saying - and sprayed themselves before putting a needle in the same area to pull out what might have been blood. It was hard for her to tell, but she didn't think her blood was the same color as the others.

So they were trying to show her it was ok and that they needed to get a sample from her. This wasn't really new to her, but she had gained a bit of distaste for needles. But she was captive and there was little she could do about it.

She began to sulk a little, not knowing what the future would hold for her, not knowing if she was going to be stuck in yet another lab. There was little she could do right now.
    To be sure, she gave the scaly creature a glare at realizing what they needed, and she was still anxious in these confines. But she was powerless, and there s nothing she could do.

She moved her left arm so the mechanical arm had a straight shot at one of her veins.
    Get it over with. she broadcast sadly. Her anxiety still seeping through despite the dam she put up.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast