Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers: New Dawn

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Default Power Rangers: New Dawn

In one universe Dark Specter was murdered by Darkonda. Andros accidentally killed his sister while defending himself. Andros then killed Zordon. As a result wiping out the United Alliance of Evil.

In another universe Dark Specter recognized Darkonda's treachery and had him killed over a year prior. Karone accidentally killed her brother. Then in her grief she was killed by Eclipta and failed to kill Zordon. As a result the United Alliance of Evil thrived taking over the entire universe.

Rebellions popped up every once in a while, but were all quickly squashed. It has been a little over two decades since the fall of the Power Rangers. It has also been a decade since the last rebellion was squashed.

Tomorrow the UAE plans to celebrate the twenty-third anniversary of their defeat of the Power Rangers. Tomorrow a new team of Power Rangers will emerge.

Ranger CS:
    Name:
    Species:
    Appearance:
    Homeworld:
    World found on:
    Ranger Color: (Red, Blue, Green, Pink, & Yellow)
    Ranger Weapons: (New Dawn Sword & New Dawn Pistol, or Dual New Dawn Swords, or Dual New Dawn Pistols)
    Bio:

Spoiler: New Dawn Red Ranger 
    Last edited by KRCmdrSheppard; 12-29-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This definitely looks intriguing! Some of my RPs have been slowing down lately, so if my schedule permits I may get a profile up, but first I have a couple of questions that would help me flesh out my initial character concept:

1. Power Rangers in Space was set in 1998, so the 23-year time skip would put this RP in the year 2021. Not including PR-style Saban shows that aren’t actually considered part of the PR canon (more on those in a bit), I counted a total of 16 canon post-Space Ranger teams within that time frame (17 if you count the upcoming Dino Fury season), some of which featured Ranger powers that originated long before the events leading up to the Space Rangers’ downfall (Prehistoric Times, Ancient Japan, etc.). Assuming none of these Ranger teams ever emerged in the 23-year time span as mentioned in the plot, would any of those ancient Ranger powers still exist, albeit undiscovered by the UAE or by any would-be Rangers as of the present day? Or would the UAE have taken steps to wipe them out before they could be used?

2. As for the non-canon Ranger-ish teams I mentioned earlier (e.g. Kamen Rider or Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog), to what degree, if any, might those pseudo-Ranger powers be referenced in this RP, either being treated as another part of the Morphin Grid or as a precursor or separate entity? Or would you prefer to exclude them or handle them on a case-by-case basis?
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

In regards to point 1; the Morphin Grid is singular across the multiverse. If it exists in one universe the ND Rangers can access them eventually*. Lost Galaxy for example the power is on a backwater planet with very few inhabitants. To few little resources (i.e. Slave labor) to make it worthwhile and the Quasar Sabers are dormant so they wouldn't be detected. It is unlikely the UAE bothered Mirinoi. Super Megaforce of course is going to be ignored completely.

I also may make some of the teams that never existed be based off of the Sentai version, Megaforce is a prime example of one that is highly likely to go with the Sentai version instead.

*Only exception is, they have to be featured as a Primary team on a show or in a Boom Studios comic. So teams like Battalion, Dragon Power/Blitz, Lightning, Prism, Squadron are not accessible. Supersonic was featured as a primary team in a Boom Studios comic so they can be used.

In regards to point 2; None will be included. The Masked Rider of Edenoi may show up since he showed up on MMPR.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I see. I might try my hand as a historian/archaeologist-type character trying to research ancient Ranger powers that could potentially be used against the UAE, but I haven't quite worked out yet how such a character would have survived this long into the UAE's regime, let alone made any worthwhile progress in their research.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So your character would have to be recruited from Earth, leave for several months for training then returns on the anniversary for the debut of the team?

Billy the designer of the powers, accounted for the need of knowledge. Exactly how will be introduced in the RP.

I probably should include a home world and world found on section in the CS.

If you are hell bent on playing a Historian: The Samurai team IMO had a historian responsible for writing the history of their exploits against...I can’t remember their names.

You could be that historian. Currently the way I have accounted for Samurai since they have been around for centuries is they debuted in 99 and were wiped out. With all of their technology destroyed, some of the Zords might still exist I know in at least one version whether it was PR &/or Sentai they had to go fishing for one of the Zords, that Zord would still be around if that was PR.
    Last edited by KRCmdrSheppard; 12-29-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

That could work. The canon Samurai Rangers, with the sole exception of Antonio, had their powers passed down from parent to child*, so it would make sense for the Samurai Ranger clans to have someone keep track of all their bloodlines over the centuries. So in that case, perhaps my char could be either one of the last surviving descendants of the Samurai Ranger bloodlines (if not THE last surviving descendant). Or perhaps more likely, they could be an outsider similar to Antonio who knew of their history and maybe even dreamed of joining them at one point, but never got the chance for obvious reasons.

And I believe the Zord you’re referring to is the SwordfishZord, among others that may or may not have survived depending on where each of the other Zords were initially (it’s been a while since I’ve seen Samurai so I’m not entirely sure).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Right now any and all Samurai technology not counting any Zords like the SwordfishZord are destroyed. The Samurai Rangers were the parents of the Samurai Rangers on the show and they were killed in battle.

I will be making a list of everything that the ND Rangers could find and use or possibly given to others to be used.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I figured as much on both counts, hence why the idea was for the char in question to instead be found/recruited by Billy some time after the fall of the Samurai Rangers, having accounted for the need for knowledge as you mentioned. Obviously becoming a SR directly is out, but what I meant was for the char to have maybe dreamed of joining one Ranger team in their younger years and thought those dreams were permanently crushed after that one team was wiped out, but then they nevertheless ended up achieving their dream in a sense by joining a brand new Ranger team altogether (New Dawn).
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 12-29-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Updated the CS to include appearance

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Due to these Ranger powers never existing or due to having all traces of their existence wiped out these powers will be accesible right away,

Alien Rangers
    In Space
    Time Force
    HyperForce
    Ninja Storm
    S.P.D.
    Operation Overdrive
    RPM
    Megaforce
    Dino Charge
    Beast Morphers
    Ryusoulger