Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking Literate and Dedicated Partners! [1 x 1]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern fantasy, sci-fi, and mystery
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Seeking Literate and Dedicated Partners! [1 x 1]

Disclaimer: Male authors, please stop contacting me. I've been burned too many times. If you persist, I'll ignore your message.

Hello, you can call me Doe! I'm 25+ and a proud cat mom. I write multiple paragraphs/novella style (200-500+ words). I love to write detailed descriptions and delve into a character’s head/emotions as well as surroundings. I compare it to writing a novel together.

I understand if the scene doesn’t have alot going on and therefore requires less like rapid fire. I adore having long, thoughtful replies where we truly immerse ourselves in the world. I'm hoping to find a partner whose as enthusiastic and passionate about the plot and writing as I am. When I get invested in a story, it’s 100% dedication. Getting a reply is the highlight of my day.

I'm a big fan of romance and using face claims. I’m the type to make pinterest boards, spam you with gifs, headcanons, and send you songs that remind me of our characters and/or ship. I'll get excited if we come up with future plot ideas, or if our characters are being cute or angsty and I can yell about it in the chat.

Last but not least I only do MxF (with myself in the female role) and don’t double, but I’m more than happy to write side characters of either gender to help move the story along. I'd highly prefer female authors writing male characters.

Desperately Searching For

- 21+ partners (Since people have asked, it's fine if you're 20)

- For you to have an excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. Both in character and out of character. (Literate to advanced writers only, please. I'm not looking for newbies).

- Plot before smut. While mature themes will be in my plots, and are even encouraged, there needs to be chemistry between our characters. I like to have a good mix of plot and tastefully written smut, along with doses of angst and fluff.

- For you to write as an older man (firmly 40s+/50s+). I'm a sucker for the gruff and tough men with dark pasts who secretly have a soft heart. I also love those grumpy, hypermasculine men being intimidated by soft yet commanding women.

If you're uncomfortable writing large age gaps please don't bother contacting me. The youngest I'll go is early 20s for my girls.

- Please be enthusiastic and invested when it comes to plotting/worldbuilding. There’s nothing worse than receiving one sentence in reply to two paragraphs of ideas, or having a doormat partner who says “sure” to whatever I ask. Tossing ideas back and forth, watching them snowball into amazing plot threads brings me joy.

- Joining me in the wonderful world of ship/character development is kind of a must. It’s one of the things that makes writing with a partner so much fun. I also like to make friends with my partners!

- While I'd prefer real life face claims, I'd also be open to using realistic art if you're uncomfortable with real life. I draw the line at anime/cartoon art.

Faces I'd love to write as: gal gadot, rooney mara, ruth negga, saoirse ronan, sophie turner, jessica chastain, jennifer morrison, mia wasikowska, natalia dyer, brit marling, deborah ann woll, mackenzie davis, emmy rossum, adria adjora, chyler leigh, hayley bennet, tashi rodriguez, lily james, cara delevingne, maya hawke, katheryn winnick, elizabeth olsen, abigal cowen, sophia lillis lauren cohan, zoey deutsch, paulina singer, crystal reed, hayley lu richardson, ask about others

Faces I'd love to write against: jeffery dean morgan, hugh jackman, robert taylor, jr bourne, jon bernthal, jason issacs, david harbour, frank grillo, iain glen, josh duhamel, patrick petitjean, ethan hawke, christian bale, rory mccann, younger sam elliot, titus welliver, viggo mortensen, joel miller (illustrated face), cillian murphy, ask about others

If you've made it this far, thank you! You won't be disappointed in writing with me. I tend to be online daily and while I'd like it if you were too, I understand that real life things comes first. Let me know if you're going to be inactive/can’t continue. If you suddenly stop replying ic and ooc, I'll drop the story after 2 attempts of gauging continued interest spaced a week apart.

Below are genres and pairings I love. Feel free to combine as many as you'd like and I’m sure we can come up with something great! Current cravings are in bold. Two thing I don't do are slice of life and historical plots.

Genres:
    - crimes in remote locations
    - spooky small towns
    - post apocalyptic/dystopia
    - supernatural/modern fantasy (A/B/O, werewolves, shapeshifters, alpha x rival pack alpha's child, werewolf x shifter, alpha x new werewolf, involuntary mate-bond, mating/claiming)
    - southern/mid western gothic
    - murder mystery (small town or big city)
    - modern/dark fairy tale retellings
    - sci-fi
    - cyberpunk/retro-futuristic
    - little coastal towns or little towns in the mountains
    - emotionally charged/dark and gritty
    - superpowers/gifted
    - unresolved sexual tension/slow burn
    - redemption
    - pacific northwest
    - suburban gothic
    - luring to the other side
    - western inspired + modern day (such as longmire)
    - christmas inspired
    - culture clash/two characters from different sides

Pairings:
    - age gaps (older man x younger woman / 15 to 25+ year gap)
    - enemies to lovers/villain x heroine
    - cop x criminal
    - doctor x patient
    - friends turned lovers/pining
    - grumpy x sunshine
    - the broken man x the woman that becomes his light
    - fbi agents/cop partners
    - dark hearted man melting for the innocent woman
    - friend x best friend’s older sibling
    - boss x employee
    - neighbors
    - single father x friend
    - firefighter/cop x victim
    - mentor x mentee
    - hurt/comfort
    - height differences
    - pet names (sweetheart, baby girl, kid, kiddo)
    - lady and the tramp esque/class difference
    - ex-con x anyone
    - bodyguard x assignment
    - widow/er falling in love again
    - biker x civilian
    - rancher/mountain man x city girl
    - affair (with so's sibling, with so's friend, with neighbor)
    - hitman x target
    - serial killer x fbi agent
    - soul mates
    - experienced x inexperienced
    - local x vacationer
    - injured/scarred warrior washed out from their former glory x royal/heir-to-be (modern day / Sansa x Sandor inspired)
    - friend x best friend/boyfriend's father
    - daughter in law x father in law
    - park ranger x camper
    - bounty hunter x bounty
    - power imbalances

Tropes/Themes: the papa wolf/hot dads, cultured badass, jerk with a heart of gold. ladykiller in love, mountain man, mysterious protector, southern gentleman, tall, dark, and handsome, knight in sour armor, red string of fate, villain takes an interest, porcelain to ivory to steel, when person a gets injured/kidnapped and person b goes absolutely feral to save them, cowboys

tiny women and big men, the monster being treated gently for the first time in his life, two characters forced into positions where they have no choice but to reconcile their differences and grow together/trust each other, forbidden relationships, trying to escape childhood demons & reuniting in adulthood

Fandoms: (I don't write canons or do canon x oc)

Star Wars, X Files, Haven, Fringe, Stranger Things, Heroes, The Wolf Among Us, Mercy Thompson Series, True Blood, Marvel, The OA, Disney personified, His Dark Materials, Beastars, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Cyberpunk 2077

Plot Ideas:

I have too many to list here but take a look at my google doc and let me know if anything catches your attention. It's a mix of fandom inspired and original plots: Plot Ideas

Last but not least, I have a list of kinks if anyone's interested.

Please be detailed when you message me, let me know why you chose to contact me. Seeing only "hey do you wanna rp?" is a guaranteed way to turn me off.

Look forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by Doe; 08-18-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Still looking for more partners!

Slave's fantasy and more
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Heyy my dear Doe please sent me a cool idea, with the thing you want... i can play man and women..
    “I won’t forgive you. I won’t forget you yet, but I’m going to leave you and move on.” – Hatori Chise

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Wow, this is a really impressive and well-developed request thread. I almost feel unworthy of responding! I'm particularly interested in your plot ideas #1 about the Surprise! humans, #7 about the abductee x rescuing officer, and #8 about the shapeshifter x cheiftan. I haven't played as a male much in the past but am willing to give a Papa Wolf role my best try.

I'm in grad school and student teaching, but can typically write at least one multi-paragraph response each week. I look forward to hearing back from you!

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)