Thread: Hello there.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Space, Cyberpunk, Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hello there.

Hi everyone! My name's Astraea, but you can call me Astra. (Let's pretend I didn't spell it wrong in my user name. ) I was introduced to the concept of RP over twenty years ago through some good ol' Dungeons and Dragons. I never looked back. Since then, I've played more tabletops than I can remember (old school World of Darkness and Shadowrun being two of my favorites,) RPed in every MMO I've played despite most players calling me an idiot for it, and have a modest amount of experience with RP forums like this one. But, it's been over a decade since I've been to a place like this. I might be a bit rusty, and I do hate to claim to be "good" at stuff, but I feel very capable of making meaningful contributions to just about any style of RP out there, from original settings to fanfic style games. I've crewed capitol ships in space operas, boasted about my misadventures at village inns, and even been an American foreign exchange student at Hogwarts.

Some other random details about me:

I'm pretty much obsessed with video games.

I'm transgender (my pronouns are she/her)

I work at a fast food restaurant (which I love) and also at a gas station (which I decidedly DON'T love.)

I aspire to be a Twitch streamer/content creator, but the whole two job grind eats up a lot of my free time.

I enjoy (poorly) playing retro game music on a keyboard.

Anyway, it's very nice to meet you all. Hopefully, we'll meet again in another world sometime.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hi Astra, welcome to the forum!

If you’d like to meet some new friends I can recommend going downtown where we have random conversations and some silly posting games!

If you'd rather get straight into writing you can find and make group RP requests here or check out the 1-on-1 requests section here! Don’t be shy about PM-ing one of the moderators (green or blue names) if you have a question or need some help finding writing partners.

And lastly we have a Discord channel where you’re welcome to share your Twitch streams!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Space, Cyberpunk, Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you!

I've been poking around a bit. I'm even winning Who Can Post Last? Not bad for my first try. :p

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Welcome, Astraea!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Watch out for Alura. She’ll definitely shank you in the Who Can Post Last thread.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I'm sure I would never...

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

General Kenobi

Welcome to RPA, Astra!