Hey! Welcome to my search thread. As the title says, I'm looking to write a futuristic story, and I mean really, a story. The kind of story that contains angst, pacing, mystery and a slower burn. As such, I'm looking for someone ready to commit in the long term!

I'm a capable writer with a good grasp of the English language, of spelling and punctuation and as such, I am looking for one such partner. I can write anywhere between one paragraph and uh... more paragraphs, I suppose, depending very much on the situation. Dialogue heavy posts will be shorter while action heavy posts will be longer, and intro posts usually are very chunky; that being said, flexibility is key. I also RP in 3rd person, past-tense, and that is one thing I'm not willing to budge on. Beside that, I love talking OOC, getting to know my partner, plotting ahead, being friendly, that kinda thing. So I'd love if you would avoid being a stranger! And now, let me show you the plot!

The Phoenix Project

Premise:

In the year 2044, the first step towards immortality was made. The researchers at BioMed, one of the top players in the medi-tech field, made a breakthrough discovery that could, possibly, allow humans to transfer their personality, memories and supposedly their soul into a piece of tech to be stored away. It was dubbed "The Phoenix Project". After years of testing and perfecting the tech, in 2048, it was time for the next step, the transfer of the personality and memory data into another host body, thus allowing the person to live again, to live longer. The experiments that follow, however, are not quite as successful, at least not in the first stage. It seems that the process of extraction and storage is rather harmful to the psyche, and as such, the transfer into another body results, more often than not, into the creation of mentally damaged individuals who may never be able to fully rejoin society.

Plot:

It's 2050. Muse A is living out their day-to-day life in a world that's ever-changing. Two years prior, they had a lover who, after an accident, remained in a coma for months on end before, all of a sudden, they were pronounced deceased. Official cause? Cardiac arrest. While Muse A is going on with their lives, they still like to keep the dead lover in memory, and as such, on the day that marks one year since their passing, Muse A goes to light a candle at their former lover's grave. Getting there, however, they realize they were not the first, and right in front of the grave stands someone else, Muse B. The two had never met before, and Muse A imagines Muse B is a former friend of their dead lover. In truth, Muse B had gotten there not knowing who the dead lover was, and, as soon as they laid eyes on Muse A, they felt a connection. As if the two of them had known each other in another life.

Right, so, there you have it! You want to play Muse A or B? Have any more ideas to add? I'd love to hear from you!