Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mermaid’s Scale (SaltyIrishman x Scottie) Feb. 21 Event

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

“You’re right, you’re not that interesting.” She laughed. “But I’ll return the favor.” She cleared her throat, then pulled herself slightly out of the water so that she might speak better.

“I have four siblings, six uncles and aunts, fourteen cousins, and countless other relatives. My father is also a fisherman, though I reckon our version of fishing is a lot different than yours. My mother is a jeweler. She makes the prettiest bracelets in the ocean. She usually sends me and my siblings to find her the pearls. Once my older sister found a black pearl. She made a lot of money off of that one.” She laughed again.

“Your turn.”
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

A bright crimson danced across his cheeks as the mermaid chided him for his lack of interesting stories. Her laugh sounded musical and he wondered what it would sound like under the waves. He watched her pull herself free from the water and his head continued to buzz with questions. How long could she go out of the water? Did she morph legs when she left the water or did she dry out like any other fish? Did she have gills? The questions nestled into the nooks and crannies of his skull and he had to shake his head slightly to remind himself to listen to her answer.

Pretty standard family size for this area, it was strange. He had predicted more differences but they were actually more similar than expected. A jeweler! His eyebrows shot up and he tried to envision mermaid jewelry. “Do you have any of your mothers work on you?” His curiosity was biting at his tongue as he desperately wanted to know more about her. Perhaps if she grew more comfortable, she would gift him her scales rather than him waiting for them to shed naturally.

“My turn. Em. Um.” Dara tried his hardest to think of something...anything that could be interesting to the young mermaid. “I know how to play the fiddle!” He eventually managed to blurt out. “I’m a little rusty but I do know how to play a few songs. I used to play it tons at big gatherings with my cousins and stuffs. But they have all moved away to other parts of the island. Do you play anything? I’ve heard you sing, you are very talented!”

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

“The fiddle? Wow! I can’t play instruments. We don’t really have them. We being mermaids.” She finished awkwardly. “Music is a bit different underwater. I come above the surface to sing because it sounds best. Singing underwater requires certain frequencies, like whales I suppose. Though I can make those sounds as well.” She cleared her throat, then did a flawless rendition of a dolphin’s laughter.

“Jewelry… yes, I have some.” She extended a pale arm forward. Around her wrist was a bracelet made of braided kelp cord and pearls. “I also have a necklace of sea glass and shark’s teeth. Do you have any jewelry?” She asked inquisitively. “I’d imagine you’d have lot, considering all the stuff you have up there. My great-aunt, she had a necklace made by humans. Beautiful thing, that, and it flashed like the stars when the light hit it right. Though it ended up giving her a bit too much trouble when the flashes attracted a shark.” She laughed. “That’s where I got the teeth for my necklace.”
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

"The fiddle! Aye, yknow" He found himself standing there awkwardly swinging his hands into the right position and miming playing the fiddle. He kept swinging his hand back and forth for a few seconds before dropping his arms to his side. Here he was acting like a fool infront of an actual mermaid, get it together Dara!! Singing. He didn't have the best of voices but he envisioned the mermaid having a voice like the sirens he had read about as a child.

Dara's eyes grew wide at the animal noise that left her lips. He was taken aback and even took a small step back from her. Every time that he grew accustomed to talking to her like she was just another girl from down the road...she reminded him that she was not like him. She was not like anything he had ever encountered before. He was ready to keep his distance from her when she shot her arm out. Proudly showing off a bracelet.

"I just have my saint necklace." He fished the thin gold chain from under his shirt and let it hang from his fingertips. It was a simple gold plate that had been pressed with the figure of St Christopher. A present from his gran as it was to keep him safe. "He's meant to keep all travelers safe." Dara beamed at the mermaid and closed the small gap that he had taken earlier. "Do you fight sharks?" Awe had trickled into his pupils and he looked genuinely shocked and concerned for the mermaid's well being.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123