Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masterminds: Shadow glass (OOC) [M]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default Masterminds: Shadow glass (OOC) [M]

The year is 1922, and the prohibition was in force. The mafia and other criminal organizations are on top of the demand for liqueur and were making bank as they evaded and maneuvered around law enforcement, or paid them off to turn a blind eye.
    The police have other problems with strange disappearances and unexplained reports as they work to solve crimes and find dirt to put away big mobsters while mafia families and gangs fight each other for control of territory and interest.

----------------------------------------

A few gang members worked to load up a few crates into a van when they heard shouts.
    "We've been made," one said, "We got what we need, let's go!"
    They all hopped into the van and the driver gunned it as gunshots rang out behind them and ripped through the door.

"Dang it!" "Get in the cars. we can't let them get away." The other gangsters said as the van drove off.
    "What-what the hell is that!?" one shouted as a shadow came out from behind them.

An inspector sat in his office as he stared at an investigation board covered in pictures of crime scenes. The only commonality was the lack of bodies, only the bloody outlines remained.
    He stared at the board as a cop came in "Inspector. There has been another... incident."

Shadow glass

Welcome all to Masterminds, a reality where not everything is how it seems.
    While going about your daily lives, you may find yourself in something you never expected.
    I don't expect anyone to actively look for these... unexpected things. Just go about your usual routine, and they may just find you.

For those who wish to be surprised by what is going on, please do not read info.
    Spoiler: info 

Spoiler: rules 

Spoiler: character sheets 

Spoiler: accepted characters 

whenever you're ready, the link to the IC is in the tital
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 02-24-2021 at 01:50 AM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

WIP

Name: Michael Byrne, Private Detective.

Description: This mysterious gentleman puts you in mind of a hunting tiger. He has round eyes the color of cold ashes. His thick, straight, midnight black hair is medium-length and is worn in a severe, uncomplicated style. He has a graceful build. His skin is pale. He has a crooked nose and thin lips. His wardrobe is businesslike.

Skills:
    Brawl 3, Knife 2, Gun 2, Target Shooting 2
    Investigation 2, Diplomacy 3, Deduction 2

Supernatural abilities:
    Charm & Compulsion - (a form of hypnosis - charm allows them to befriend and suggest to a subject as long as that suggestion does not threaten the life of the subject. Compulsion, on the other hand, goes deeper and overrides the subject's will, who will now obey them in all things.)
    Energy Drain - allows them to "feed" off of the life force of another being they are touching, it can take them an hour or two to drain a host, depending on their health. As this can be a painful process for them, it works best if the host is subdued, restrained, or under charm or compulsion.

Personality:

Backstory:
    Younger son of a wealthy family, he enjoyed hunting and target shooting as he was growing up.

When it looked like the US was going to get involved in the Great War, he lied about his age to join the Marines and managed to get over to France in March of 1918, only to discover the horror of trench warfare. Gravely wounded when he went over the top, he awoke in a shell crater to find a vampire wearing an American army uniform was feeding on him. However, stretcher bearers interrupted the vampire, who fled into the night - but not before getting the vampire's unit patch.

To his disgust, he found himself days later being loaded on a ship heading home, away from the fight, as one of the many wounded. However, he was deeply drained and slow to heal - one night, he managed to instinctively beguile the night nurse, drawing off of some of her life force while holding onto her hand for twenty minutes. While his wounds began to improve, he found himself becoming more sensitive to light that doctors had heavy curtains hung around his sickbed.

His mother wanted him to go to college, even going as far as buying him a new car, but he wanted to find the vampire that turned him. He moved to the city, taking a room in a boarding house and became a junior partner in a private detective agency, taking on a lot of night work. (The detective was amazed at how easily he was able to extract some information from a subject the detective was questioning.) Mother Byrnes, of course, does not know about her son's affliction and makes many attempts to get him "normal work" suitable for his "station" in life, as well as finding him a girl from a suitable family to marry - something's he's resisted so far.

Common items: Defender knife (single 22 shot folding knife with a silver bullet), Colt .38 S&W Special revolver, brass knuckles, a camera, Fiat 501 Cabriolet (1919), a black umbrella, his old trench coat, a tuxedo with top hat and cane (for fancy occasions), and a police whistle.
    Last edited by Enigma; 02-18-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Looks very nice Enigma, though I feel that energy drain should be at a touch, and it takes time to siphon that energy off.
    And that compulsion would only work if you managed to charm them first, meaning that they can't be hostile towards you and must be open and willing. And they must be close for it to work.

(edit): Also, target shooting would be the same as guns

@Jarms48;
    Just in case you neglected to subscribe to the interest check and haven't seen the link, this is the OOC for Masterminds.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 02-18-2021 at 05:43 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Name: Alrich T. Mc.Fitler

Description: dark brown-haired Irish bloke. Standin' 'bout 5' 10" and weighin' in 'bout 143 Lbs. He's not the biggest lad around, but he's strong. He has scars from the great war and fight rings, the one along his chin making his chocolate brown eyes look hard. He's normally wearing a good shirt and suspenders with a decent coat and a paperboy cap.

Skills: Gun 3, Brawl 3, knife 2, stealth 2, investigation 2, deception 2, Lockpicking 2

Supernatural abilities: Truth seer (This ability is nothing like being able to tell if someone is telling the truth, but really it allows him to see the world as it truly is as he is able to see things not normally seen by normal men. Drinking seems to put a veil over the eyes.)

Personality: A little rough around the edges and quiet for the most part. He tends to keep to himself for what he thinks others would think of him once he started talking. He's not sad, but sometimes cautious about what he interacts with.

Backstory: Alrich was always an odd boy, though no one paid it much mind. He was born in Irland and moved to America with his family and joined the war in 1917. In the war he came close to death more than once, seeing friends die at his side. After his second medical leave, things started to happen around him in the trenches, and people would say he had gone stark raving mad if he talked about it while others said it was the tole of trench life and shellings. He did the best to ignore the things he saw, but then strange things started to happen, the things of the mind started to move real things. He started to see ghosts, and they spoke to him. Dead friends telling him to keep going, to keep living, helping him out.
    He came back with the rest of the "heroes." Pfft, they were lucky to even be alive. But there was little work to be had for those who returned. With his old school days and the army as his guide, he started to join fight rings, putting in a good fight for others' enjoyment. He started drinking soon after coming back from the war, to help cope with the stress and anxiety he felt as well as to keep from seeing those things... and the ghosts. He still saw them when he was sober, and it wasn't always bad, but he never stayed sober for long as some of the things he saw were disturbing.
    After a while of visiting speakeasies, he joined up with Torin "Rip" Rilly, to help with his operations.

Common items: Knife, Colt M1911 with 2 extra mags, gloves, wallet, lockpicks.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 02-18-2021 at 07:06 PM.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Sniper View Post
    Looks very nice Enigma, though I feel that energy drain should be at a touch, and it takes time to siphon that energy off.
    And that compulsion would only work if you managed to charm them first, meaning that they can't be hostile towards you and must be open and willing. And they must be close for it to work.

(edit): Also, target shooting would be the same as guns

@Jarms48;
    Just in case you neglected to subscribe to the interest check and haven't seen the link, this is the OOC for Masterminds.
    I'll try and get a character sheet up over the weekend. Just bear-in-mind that I'm not the fastest poster. Maybe one every few days or once a week.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

No problem
    though you have been posting a bit in the games.

But that's why this site is here, to post at leisure and have fun.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

WIP

Name: Chao Chen Lok'Liu

description:

Skills: Martial arts 3, guns 2, cooking 3, medicine/healing 3, Diplomacy 2, English 2

Supernatural abilities: Rènshí de shìxiàn (Sight of knowing); this ability allows one to understand and know things that most would not. Seeing a person, and know what troubles them or what may be wrong with them as well as what they may be. He can look at someone, or something, and understand things that it is, does, or is happening concerning it. This is not the same as fortune-telling as it only pertains to the sight of the present and sometimes the past.

Personality: a kind yet possibly awkward fellow who seems to know things that you haven't told him. He doesn't cause trouble and tries to help who he can as he runs his back-alley clinic for those who can't afford anything else. Though he does ask very few questions, he hardly has to with his sight and does what he can to make sure no trouble comes to him. Although he doesn't always like it, he will beat the hell out of anyone who decides it's a good idea to mess with him.

Backstory: Born in China and joined the war in the medical staff in the latter half. He grew a reputation for treating the sick and injured with success. And when his treatment center was attacked he did the best he could to protect his patients, only touching a gun once. He was wounded in his efforts. He was also known for cooking the meals himself and sharing them.

He moved to America soon after the war

Common items:
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 02-24-2021 at 12:21 AM.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Name: Henry Cole

Description: Black hair, Brown Eyes, Caucasian, Average build, Scar across back from shrapnel during time serving in the Great War.

Skills: Guns 2, hand to hand fighting 2, lockpicking 1, diplomacy 2, investigation 3, bluff 2

Supernatural abilities: N/A

Personality: Can be gruff and blunt at times, but Henry tries his best to help those when he can. He's fairly diplomatic, his investigations often leading him to deal with many of the mobs across the city. He can be compelled to turn a blind eye provided the cause is just.

Backstory: Born and raised in NYC, lived in Brooklyn and was drafted into service during the final months of the Great War. He was caught in the back with shrapnel and spent the remainder of the war in hospital.

Common items: .38 special revolver, handcuffs, trench coat, ford model t police car

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Great, I'll be making an IC soon and will post the link in the first post when I'm done.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@Jarms48;, @Enigma;
    We just gonna let this one die before it's even started?

I've had the IC up forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast