Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Necrotic Deep (OOC)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Of course! It's a composite character I'm riffing from the Welsh Mabinogi (particularly the Second, Branwen ferch Llyr) and some other mostly Arthurian legend. For the purposes of this roleplay, he's from a bloodline of kings and not actually recognised as king himself to modern minds. Faded nobility from a family who helped root nations, old money, and a few powers that'll come up over the course of the roleplay, hopefully that tie back into the mythology.

He's going to be more of a business magnate I'm thinking, in the human world, while he is still regarded as a king by the world below and to himself/within the circle of the initiated who know who and what he is - and that Mer and Merrow and Selkie and Cecaelia and all the rest actually exist. Sort of the line between Human and other in his domain, and heavily involved in fishing and other nautical enterprises to help with cover-ups and fudging any strange PR happenings. Also probably a rough spot to be in during an apocalypse.

Since The Exact Shade of Lavender in the Space Between Dawn and The Fleeting Night Sky is a merchant, if it is useful to have a contact on shore you are welcome to make him and his operations known to and involved with her if you like! Or if you would like to have a Cecaelia work with Colleen's embassy goings-on or directly have a Cecaelia ambassador, etc. etc.

Since this is sandbox style, how much of him and his goings-on show up in the roleplay will probably hinge on how much people want to deal with him, haha. I imagine once we know who all will participate and see the OP we'll have a more hardened idea of what we want everyone to push towards, eh? Ultimately he may end up just being a footnote. We shall see!

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

@SaltyIrishman; accepted.
    @Koti~; as long as the race you choose is somehow tied to mythology or a culture I don't mind if the race you choose is embellished a bit or you give your own take on it. But I don't want brand new species being created.

I'm going to add accepted characters to the list tonight after work and my own character.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Spoiler: Amara 
    Last edited by Moonlit_Fae; 03-02-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Finally got my character! Not too sure how I feel about her yet, might edit it later. But good enough for now after a long day haha.

Now we just wait and hope others come and join.
    @Alura; & @SaltyIrishman; want to collaborate on ideas for how the infection started? I was thinking a sea creature that can walk between water and land gets infected and brings it back. Or all the zombies from above were dropped int othe water and random breakouts happen.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

One idea I like is that it started like a Red Tide, an algal bloom that got super out of hand and ended up making a lot of animals/sea-dwellers sick. Since the ocean is way bigger than land, it had more effect on humans before the ocean inhabitants.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Excellent choice! Three down, one to go at least.

What if we combine both of those ideas? Maybe a well-known destination like Ibiza had a big festival on top of their already teeming night life and the red tide infected beach-goers spread it to each other and into the fresh water supply? They would've taken it home with them all around the world and/or if it's resistant to water treatments it could've begun to infect water and land the same as human society?

Would give our water nymph a lot to tackle, but would keep things focused on Humans first. I did like the idea of Selkie or other shape-shifters carrying it back first. Merrow can be kept on land in a similar way without the physical shape-shift aspect, so some of them could also be among the first casualties.

Do the Cecaelia, who are more reclusive, have rituals or seasons they would go to spend time around land-walkers or do you think they would be most impacted by the tide itself and the fall-out from other ocean-dwelling races?

Or were we thinking to have it more of a localised problem with a chance to contain it before it became global?

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Let's do the red algae did infect vacation spots for humans first and areas where sea creatures that can walk on land mingle with humans. Now the outbreak cannot be contained as the algae and infected spread.

Id also like all of our first posts to reflect how our characters first found out about the infection, maybe not knowing what it means and then all meeting up at some point

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Alright. How would an ambassador, a merchant, and a magical ocean knight meet up?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

They walk into a bar!

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Colleen and Amara could try to find each other and to discuss what they have seen as they work together against threats from the mortal world. Lavender could be renewing her merchants license to sell and bump into them lol. Just a thought

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast