Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: [M] Rise Of A Crime Lord ||| Pilot | Storm ||| 1×1 rp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nearing the place where he knew the Russians usually hung out, Aksel had no doubt they were there once he could hear music playing that was most likely coming from someone's car. He hurried his step until he reached dthe more or less abandoned parking lot, overgrown with greenery. There was no trash on it like broken bottles, cigarette butts and alike though. The group cleaned it from that as soon a s they noticed that kind of tash. Greenery wasn't a concern of theirs though.
    "Hei hei Q!" Aksel greeted the guy as he was the first person he came across. Q greeted him back with the same amount of enthusiasm as he offered him to take a cigarette from a pack he was holding. Aksel lightly shook his head to decline before he moved further through the parking lot to reach Indie, who was sitting on the trunk of his car, also smoking while speaking to Gem - a gal with an incredible eye for telling precious stones apart and an even bigger skill in stealing them. After Greg had paid him back and he released the man's son to him, he asked for the ring back and planned to forward it to Gem.
    "Hallo hallo." He stopped by them, offering a smile. "Gem, this is for you." He tossed the ring to her and then requested that she leave them two alone to speak. She said something about the ring that he didn't quite catch and then she moved off to Everest to show him.

"Ey," Indie greeted him as he put out the cigarette against his car and left it there for now. Before the lad could start speaking about whatever he wanted to, he spoke first about something else. "There was an officer here today. He was asking about the stopped transfer and showing a picture of Q and a sketch of Charlie." he stopped and then continued speaking in a heavy accent. "But, sorry... No English. Ve no English. No English." he smirked a little at the thought of the scene, because everyone just shook their heads at the officer to show that they didn't know the language either.
    Funny that Indie was saying he didn't know English since he lived the majority of his life here rather than in Russia and his English was more than good.
    "No one spoke to him.. Except for Gem that flirted with him." Indie chuckled further. "If that officer had come just a mere minute earlier, we would've been busted. Q had just gone back inside to get himself something and then got stuck speaking on the phone and playing with the cat. If he hadn't, well, I'm sure we'd all be arrested." he stopped and then added. "No.. Now that I think about it. If Q had come out, we probably would've shot the officer. There's more of us."
    "Yup. That seems like the correct action." Aksel agreed with.
    "Yeah, just would've made him look clumsy." Indie shrugged a little, getting another cigarette as he also offered the lad to take one.
    "Nei, takk." Aksel politely declined him as well. No matter how many times he said he didn't smoke those cigarettes, they would always offer him to take one. They offered everyone a cigarette - so he was sure they also offered that officer a smoke. "Where's Kirill?" he asked.
    "Went inside to get something." Indie looked toward one of the buildings, noticing the redhead exiting.
    Aksel glanced in the direction as well, waiting for his friend to come over. The buildings they lived in were really bad and probably violated more codes than imaginable, but he could conceptualise that most of them, if not all of them, were more than used to this. From what he gathered, all of them came from really poor backgrounds in Russia where their situations were worse than this. He could understand where they saw this as an improvement, but he also knew they had enough money to live in something at least a little better. But whatever floated their boat. He was aware they didn't want better - in their words.

As Kirill came over, Aksel greeted him happily and the two exchanged a quick hug.
    Kirill, out of habit, also offered the lad to take a cigarette from his little box. Though, recalling that he had cannabis ones in there, he just held his gaze on the lad until the other got the message and didn't take anything to smoke.
    "I think he's your service animal and not that dog." Indie joked, looking back to his phone after. "And also, apparently, something happened and some officer is dead." he turned his phone to the two and let Aksel take it without trouble.
    "Might be able to break into a couple of homes without worrying that much then. I imagine the whole department is there." Indie nodded slowly, in thought about it. He took his phone as the other returned it. "What d'you think?"
    "You should be good." Aksel shrugged a little. He wasn't that sure. "Let me call someone to get more details and then we'll see what's up." he pulled out his phone and moved off to the side.
    Indie exchanged a look with Kirill - who he had more of a habit to call Pilot - and then he looked to Gem as she came back over.
    "Me, Chance, Captain and Everest are gonna go rob some jewellery." Gem said. She wasn't asking for his permission to go. "I don't have enough shiny things in my home anymore. I gave a lot away."
    "Okay. Be careful. Mask yourselves." Indie looked over the four that were going. He glanced aside at Aksel as he came back over to tell that it indeed were all units there because apparently a police officer was killed with something explosive. "Hm, cool cool cool." he slid off the car onto his feet. "That's good to know."

Aksel wouldn't get tangled into whatever Gem was doing nor was he interested into breaking into people's homes as it got dark either. Though, if Kirill was going somewhere, he would tag along. He didn't have anything to do and figured he might as well have some company that was able to knock some sense into him within seconds after he said something that didn't make sense.
    Last edited by Pilot; 04-05-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Shortly after 7:05 PM, MCU had processed the apartment and had located the $25,000 however only checked $10,000 into evidence not realizing that the bills were counterfeit, the bills Melanie placed in Don’s desk drawer were higher quality than the ones the counterfeit ring were using so the detectives were on the assumption that they were real. With the owner dead, it seemed an easy score. The blueprints for the Furillo residence were shared with only the Chief of Detectives as well as the Deputy Chief. This was withheld from the other command officers on scene. Dave had been going through the ruse of being surprised at an officer being hit. This was confirmed as the property manager was showing several vacant apartments and observed as Don entered his apartment followed by the explosion. MCU was looking at the possibility that Don was involved in the Furillo hit and those responsible silenced their police mole. The heavy police presence was holding, many as crowd and press control. By 7:20, MCU had released Dave from the scene. Dave taps out a quick

~Mel – being released early, is dinner still on tonight?~

~Of course, see you when you are here, Cocoa wants to see you too.~

Looking to his phone on the way to his car, a soft smile on his features just as someone steps in front of the driver side door.

“Pretty good ESP powers you seem to have.” as Aleece stands with her arms folded across her chest monitoring the reports as they are being typed in MCU’s tablets … her tech team already giving her a back door to many of the police systems. “Possible grenade type device?” now looking at him with that certain direct stare he knows all too well.

Casually Dave offers while stepping next to Aleece “Al, you can put your eyes back in your head…” looking around to ensure they were alone “…this thing, it was not me. You have not called my sis, have you?”

As it was just her and Dave, she let a tone of concern out “Of course not, I was just worried that my friend was mixed up in something. You know my team has a hack into MCU, they are looking at this as a hit since the cop seemed to be part of the Furillo assassination. They pulled 10K out of his apartment.”

A confused look washes across Aleece’s face as Dave smiles replying “That is good that they are looking in that direction.”

“I don’t know what you know or how you know whatever it is, I would really like you to spill it. You know me Dave, I am hardly an angle and my family … yea … I need to know what is up so I could figure out how to shut down anything if fingers were to ever point your way. You didn’t tell anyone else that you were not going to see the dead cop, did you?”

Dave quirked a brow thinking back to the natural comment he made to Don earlier “I didn’t remember saying anything till you brought it up, I don’t think so. Tell you what, why don’t we meet at the Carter Lake Starbucks tomorrow morning around 8 AM, it is quiet there and I will tell you what I can.”

Aleece steps from in front of the driver side door “8 AM it is, if you are a no show, I call Kate at 9.”

Dave bites his bottom lip muttering “Not to worry, the last thing I want is for my sis to hop on a plane just to come here and kick my ass. But seriously Al … thanks for looking out for me and being a friend.”

Dave slips in the driver side door and pulls out of the area continually watching his rear view to ensure Aleece doesn’t try to follow him.

Giving Dave plenty of time to get a head start, Aleece slips into her car and connects to the tracker she slipped inside his wheel well
    “Okay Davy, let’s see just where you are going…” as she pulls out to see where her friend is going.

===

Melanie just finished setting out plates on the table and set two stick candles in the center of the table looking to her watch intending to light the candles when headlights pull into her drive. She walks over to the speakers while selecting soft mood music as her phone vibrates. Rolling her eyes, answers somewhat annoyed

“You have some bad timing, what’s up Shadow?”

The tone a little more serious than the usual calls or texts over the years “I imagine you have caught you local breaking news? A cop killed by an intentional explosion….”

Not waiting for the question to be asked, she very casually said “He slapped me at my shop, the guy I am seeing, the cop was threatening him and I, I couldn’t resolve the slap in my store…”

“But local LEO, Mist, you should have done the destroy the career, if necessary for termination, you should have run that through Horizon.”

“So, is H pissed? Is he thinking of sending anyone to discuss this with me?” as she moves to her room, into her walk in closet and ready to open the false wall to access her arsenal as Shadow replied

“No, we did look at the target’s file, total bad news, that is one H would have sanctioned, he is just … upset that you didn’t ask. He is not sure if you are really going to blend into the regular world, there have been too many incidents. He would like to reactivate you, not a forever thing, but there is a target that will be flying into a small remote airfield an hour from your location. If you could do this for H, I think this would smooth some irregularities over.”

She heads back out of her walk in closet sighing “Fine, just send me the details, I am getting dinner ready, and tell H sorry.”

A humorous tone “Sure… again, by the way Mist, the blueprints and 10K do have LE looking at criminal elements…”

Abruptly is a laugh “10K … I put 25K in the guys desk. Guess 15K in good play bills are going to be spread by some of the LE that are there. It will be precious when they start trying to pass it.”

There is a sigh before Shadow disconnects the phone and sends via encrypted file the task Melanie is being given. Looking to her watch again, 7:41 PM, she heads back to the living room crouching next to Cocoa waiting for Dave to arrive shortly
    “Sweetie, I think Mommy might have to do bad things again, you will still love Mommy, won’t you?” resting her hand on Cocoa’s head.
    Last edited by Storm; 04-06-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Gem moved off with the three that would be going with her, Indie recalled something. He excitedly turned to Aksel and told him "You must see these new masks we've got." he started to lead the way to the two buildings, leaning more towards going to the one that Gem and the others went into. "Forget those old ones... I couldn't wait to get to use these and now the opportunity serves itself on a dead officer." He pushed open the entrance to the building. It was an old door that barely even closed now and it made an ugly screeching noise when someone pushed it.
    "Yeah? What did you get?" Aksel asked him, genuinely curious. "I heard Prix speaking about something concerning new gear a while back." he commented, watching as Indie opened one of the flat doors and went inside. He let Kirill go in first and then he went last, closing the door after himself. This flat was more of a storage area rather than anything else. That's what Aksel meant when he said they had enough money. They owned most of the flats in the two buildings because they cost next to nothing beacuse of the condition of them.
    "Yeah, the fucker Prix literally flew out to Serbia and back to get these." Indie told him, looking around before he went over to a box. He opened it up and pulled out one of the masks, tossing it over to the lad. "Don't ask him where he got them or how, but they're fucking legit."
    Aksel turned the mask over in his hands, inspecting it. "It looks neat and feels good." he looked back to Indie. "Have you tried them on yet?"
    "I've tried it on, but haven't gone out with it yet. That changes today." Indie told him.
    "They look like special military something..." Aksel muttered out, merely to prompt the other to tell him exactly what they were.
    "Yup. Serbian special military section. Anti-terrorist unit." Indie added.
    "Oh... So this is the new model masks and all. I like 'em." Aksel went on and tried it on. It felt a little wierd at first, but it was comfortable. "Mm.. Ja.. These are good." he looked around the room a little and then got the gear off himself. He shook his head and gave an approving nod to Indie. "These are gonna last a lot longer than your older masks."
    "These are quality shit." Indie smiled. Though, the masks were just so that no one recognised them. Nothing more and nothing less. These just had a lesser chance of being damaged and they were easier to breathe in. That was one of the main reasons they got those. Plus, everyone loved how they looked.

Aksel looked behind himself at the door as it opened. He moved closer to the wall as Gem entered with the other three. They were all dressed in black from neck to toes. He assumed they were here to get the masks now.
    "You look good." he commented.
    "Thank you." Gem flashed him a smile.
    "I was speaking to Everest." Aksel looked over at her, offering her a dumb smile.
    "We all look amazing." Gem countered, giving out the masks to Captain, Chance and Everest. "Are you three going?" She asked.
    "I meant to take Chim-ki, Harek and Ed to go and break into places." Indie told her.
    "Ed, Egg and Ego are already out." Gem reminded him.
    "I'll take Chim and Harek then." Indie looked over to Kirill and Aksel. "You two are coming with me, yes?"
    Aksel exchanged a glance with his friend. He didn't plan on going, but, again, he didn't have much else to do. "Ja, we're going with you." He answered for the both of them.
    "Great." Indie handed over a mask each and then motioned everyone out. "I assume you can change into Pilot's clothes from yours." he looked Aksel up and down. "I'm not gonna ask what you were doing before you came here, but it looks like you tried to survive in the wilderness and failed."
    Aksel looked down at his clothing as well. He had forgotten they were dirty with earth. "Don't worry about it. I can fit into Kirill's clothes without a doubt." he went out, looking back as Indie closed the door and then locked it. He didn't stick around but rather just went after his friend to get changed.

Soon, the nine of them were ready. Gem got into a car with Chance and Everest; Captain would be driving them. In the other, it was the rest of them. Indie was driving. Chim-ki was in the passenger seat. Kirill and Aksel were in the back with the dog and Harek 111. He wasn't sure where he got that name, especially the numbers, but he never asked. It wasn't important.
    When the car stopped, Aksel got out after his friend. He scanned the street. He knew where they were. It wasn't too far from his home. He crouched down next to Lykke. He didn't want anyone to recognise her - since she didn't have anything on - so he commanded her to go home. The canine seemed to hesitate at first, but after another command turned and ran home.
    At the current location, he just stood guard outside a jewellery store as Gem and her group went through it and while Indie and the rest of his group searched through some house whose owners weren't at home. They soon moved on without any incident. Neither the store nor the house had an alarm system, which was a bigger mistake on the owner of the jewellery store than anything else. Either way, they moved on on foot.

"We're a group of tactical ninjas." Chim-ki commented delightfully, purposefully jumping into a handstand and pushing off to land back on her feet.
    Harek 111 snorted a little. "Maybe you and him." he threw a glance at the Norwegian before he looked back to Chim-ki. "Not everyone is an acrobat here."
    "I never was an acrobat, but I bet I can do it." Indie declared, but was quickly stopped by Gem, who told him he's going to break something and that they won't help.
    "Fine, I'm gonna stick with the other ninja then." Chim-ki fell back a little to fall in step with who Harek 111 pointed out. "Name?" she requested. She's seen him plenty of times, but never actually caught a name.
    Before Aksel could say his name, Indie spoke first. "He's Intel." he told her, giving the lad a look afterward. He didn't want him to use his real name during this, no matter that he knew the other wasn't afraid of it.
    "I'm Intel." Aksel repeated to the gal.

Soon, they were in front of another jewellery store. Aksel recognised this one. It was where he bought the ring and returned the stupid little buisness card. He never took that thing with himself. He left it behind, just like that phone he had swiped from someone. He watched as Captain expertly got them inside the closed store and from there Chance and Gem would start stealing while Everest stands watch.
    "We're gonna visit the houses around." Indie said, already leading the way. "There ought to be people already sleeping. We should be fine."
    Last edited by Pilot; 04-06-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As 7:58 PM displays on the wall clock, Melanie sees headlights pulling into the drive as she walks to the front door to meet Dave. She opens the door and starts to step outside as Dave shuts his car off causing her to stop a moment. The slight vibration from her phone causes her to slip the phone out of her pocket turning around quickly heading back inside.

Dave watches curiously for a moment before she walks back out heading to him. She offers him a quick hug while holding her phone, the screen illuminated a dull red.

“Did you notice anyone around your car or did it seem that anyone was following you…” as she runs the phone around his car, the screen growing more bright and steady red as she got to the back of the car.

Now registering that something she was holding was detecting … a bug? “Nothing out of the ordinary, MCU is pretty heavy into processing Jackson’s apartment, a family friend talked to me just before coming over, I watched the rear view to make sure she remained at the scene when I was leaving…” looking to Melanie as she was crouches along his back wheels.

Melanie stands looking to the tracking device now in hand “Family friend you said? I have to hand it to … her? … that this little bug is pretty well put together.”

A confused look comes over Dave’s face “Bug?...”

“Yea, she didn’t have to follow you since she is tracking you.” as Melanie starts accessing a subroutine on her phone app, a grin comes to her lips :…hummm, pretty good little bug, but the usual flaw…” cross referencing the reverse ping now being sent from her phone. “How close are you and the family friend?” while side glancing up the street, head still facing Dave.

“She’s my sisters best friend… to me she’s like a sister from another mother…” starting to register what is going on, through a sigh “Al, what the hell …” before focusing on Melanie “…how close is she?”

“Just up the street, I am guessing the dark 2 door that I don’t recognize.”

Dave shakes his head closing his eyes “I am sorry darling, I didn’t think she would follow me.”

Melanie steps close to Dave leaning her head into his chest “Hunny, don’t apologize…” slipping her Glock she went back in the house to grab out of her back waistband “… I don’t need to resolve any issues so all is good. Did you want to invite her in?”

“No, that’s okay, she is just being an over protective little sister like my real one…”

Before Dave declines further, Melanie levels her arm with the Glock in the direction of Aleece’s car pressing the trigger activating the laser sight so the red dot would scan around the inside of the car before pointing her other hand signaling to come over. From there, she leans in and kisses Dave on the cheek
    “Ask her in, we might eventually meet anyway.” before turning and heading inside softly “Hope tuna noodle casserole is fine with her.”

Aleece noticing the laser dot swiping across her chest and interior lets out a “Hell, that girl is fucking good…” as she exits out the driver side door walking the half block toward Dave. As she is close, mutters

“Sorry guy, had to see what you were doing, who is the scarry girl?”

“Name’s Melanie, we have been seeing each other for a few days, I really care for the woman Al…”

A short conversation outside, Dave and Aleece head inside. Dave is met at the door by Cocoa who jumps on him, he crouches petting her “Who’s the good girl….”

As Aleece stands with a warm smile, Melanie walks out from the kitchen “Get you something to drink….” pausing for the intro.

“If you have it, sparkling water, lemon is usually my preference, and name’s Aleece.”

“Sorry, don’t have the sparkling lemon, would apple work? … and name’s Melanie, Mel is fine, and my baby is Cocoa…”

The three head to the dining room where there is an extra place setting on the table. Late dinner consisted of casual polite conversation. After Aleece and Melanie cleared the table, they headed into the living room for coffee where Melanie opened the discussion Aleece was waiting for.

“Dave and I are seeing each other. I am sure there was a reason you bugged his car, rather nice components, not federal, I already ruled that out. I also am thinking you will not take my local businesswoman at face value. Are you private or just really concerned family member?”

Al looks to Mel with a somewhat refreshed look on her face, she could tell that she genuinely seemed to care for her friend, it was obvious that if the woman wanted to earlier, they would not be having this conversation. It was nice that this woman was opening up to her assuming it was due to her friend introducing her, in a friendly tone

“Private, yes, organized … not technically, I am a private attorney who is on retainer for some of the local families, not sure if it would be recognized, but my last name is Nanfitto, originally from New York.” taking a sip of her coffee to see if there is any reaction from the woman.

Melanie id lost in thought for a moment tapping her thumb on opposite hand, it has been years since she tracked any organizations in the US, her focus had always been international terror groups however there was that recognition … as she could recall, Nanfitto was not a major player which could explain how his … seems too young to be a spouse … daughter be the most likely… would explain being able to do a bar exam without much scrutiny, finally she looks to Al

“It has been a while since I heard the name. I think it is nice meeting you.”

Aleece addresses the elephant in the room, more to Dave “Was the cop by chance to protect her?” nodding in Melanie’s direction.

Before he has a chance to say anything, Melanie simply states “The cop was me, he slapped me, he won’t again.”

Dave’s expression switches to anger “That asshole HIT You?!”

Calmly as though she was talking about a home repair “Yes darling, but I fixed it.”

Aleece softly chimes in “Did you know the guy might have also been dirty, they recovered 10 thousand from his desk…”

Melanie giggles “Ten thousand? That is just precious. I planted 25 thousand, looks like the guys that got there first have 15 thousand in high quality counterfeit bills they might be thinking about spending….” looking at the expression on Aleece’s face, before Al asks what might have been on her mind, Melanie offers “… the blueprints was me too. Wanted the boys to have something to keep themselves busy.”

The night continues focused back more to casual conversation between best friend and woman seeing her best friend. As 10 PM was approaching, Aleece excuses herself so she could get home to get ready for a 2:00 PM court appearance, as she rises, she looks to Dave

“We don’t need to do Carter Lake tomorrow, do we?”

Melanie casually offers “If it can wait, you might not want to be in Carter Lake tomorrow…” looking to Dave “Sweetie, I was going to mention this when we went to bed, but I have been asked to fix something tomorrow, Carter Lake will be really active in the morning.”

Dave reaches to Melanie’s hand “That’s okay darling… anything I can do to help?...” before looking to Aleece “…I’ll call you tomorrow, might look into the 15K …”

Both Aleece and Melanie almost in unison “Leave the 15K alone…” as the two look at each other and share a giggle, Melanie then to Dave “It is sweet to offer help hunny, but I have it covered, just make sure you stay out of Carter Lake.”

Aleece heads out as Dave and Melanie start getting ready for bed, his first night considering this place his home with the woman he wants to spend his life with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aksel only made it a few steps after Indie when he recalled something about the store and stopped. He looked to Kirill, who automatically halted when he did, and then ahead at Indie again. He called to the man, letting him know he would return back to the jewellery store. He didn't need to give a reason, he just turned around and headed in. Kirill didn't question him on it either, he just followed him inside and trusted that his friend didn't make this decision for absolutely no reason. He touched his metal bat to do the floor, leaning on it a little as if using it as a crutch or cane, and listened as the Norwegian spoke to Gem about the location of some safe that supposedly held more precious stones - more expensive things.
    "I find it strange that.. Uhmm.. Place doesn't have a single camera." Captain voiced his concern, again looking around at the corners of the store and alike. Nothing. It seemed pointless to be masked, but he wouldn't take it off in case he was blind and just couldn't spot them because they're well-hidden or something.
    "Someone is cocky they won't be stolen from." Gem chortled as she broke another display case. The glass flew everywhere, but she didn't seem to mind as she got to pick out the jewellery she most liked at first. She slipped them into a separate bag from the ones that she just dumped into another bag and didn't feel the need to inspect them up close. Hearing Chance struggling with the safe, she rolled her eyes a little and looked to Captain. "Help her." she simply said and then moved off to look at other things. "If y'all don't open that safe, I'm gonna make sure you stay here till the police arrive." she added, but obviously wasn't serious. Since Aksel had told her that the safe had more rings, she was impatient to see them - even more now that she realised they were struggling with the safe a little. The rings inside must be really worth it then.

After some time of struggling with the safe, it was finally open. Gem moved everyone to the side as it was hers to see the jewellery first. She stared at the small display in silence for a few moments, merely comprehending what was in the safe. She hated the mask at the moment. None of them could see how excited she was for this nor how amazed she was by the find. She slowly lifted it all and placed on top of a display she hadn't broken fully. "Look at these!" she called to Everest. "Look, look, look..." she pulled one she liked most out of the display, eyeing it with sparkling eyes. She couldn't wait to see them all without the goggles that were a part of the mask. "Man.... D'you know how fucking much these are worth?" she turned to the rest of them.
    "I paid for one, so I have a fair idea." Aksel told her through a little smirk as he stepped over, looking over the rings. Now that he didn't need one, they weren't as interesting to him and he couldn't share Gem's excitement. He rather looked aside at Captain as he spoke something about a gun. He never heard of the guy using one, so he could only assume he found one here. "Give it to me before you shoot someone accidentally." he took it from the male, inspecting it only briefly. He would look at it better later. For now, he just checked that it was loaded.
    "It was with the rings." Captain told him, flinching a little as he didn't expect to hear glass break. Chance had broken the last display and was snatching up whatever was inside. Gem was still inspecting the rings from the safe, holding them close to herself. Carefully, she put them in her keep bag and looked to the Norwegian. "I owe you one for this." she said quietly.
    Aksel didn't miss that and merely nodded. He avoided stepping on broken glass - that glinted on the floor like glitter - as much as he could as he went to reach his friend and then leave the store. "Let's go see where Indie is."
    Kirill nodded to that and led the way out of the store.

Just as they exited, Indie appeared in front of the store with Harek 111 and Chim-ki, asking if Gem found what she was looking for. His answer was the gal coming up to him and showing him the rings she liked the most. Aside from jewellery being sold gave quite done money, Indie didn't care for the rings, but he still listened to her as she went on about them. Eventually, he cut her off and said how they're going further.
    "I'm gonna take them to hit another store and then we're gonna a head back." Gem told him.

The two groups separated then. Aksel didn't feel the need to go after Gem and them anymore, so he stuck around with Indie. He felt a little out of place holding a gun when none of them had one, but he didn't exactly have a holster for it either. He just had a hunting knife with him, but he supposed the gun would do the trick if it came to a bad situation. Granted, he wasn't really looking at shooting anyone. He knew the group would rather retreat then put up a fight if it was avoidable.

When they reached some house that Indie decided should be good, he slowed them all down and went up to the door. As per their usual routine, everyone stayed back, he broke in and went in first and no one was to step closer unless he motioned them to come on in. Aksel found the process a little boring am, but he stayed back and made peace with the fact that he didn't have anything specific to do.
    Indie was quick with undoing the lock of the house. He slowly opened the door, inspecting the house from where he stood before he took two careful steps inside. He couldn't hear anything. No one was probably up. He started to take in the layout of the place and where it was best to look first as he was about to motion the others to approach.
    As soon as Indie motioned them to come closer, Aksel abandoned his post and came up to the door. He scanned the house, but right after spotted movement and was looking in the direction of a woman pointing a gun. He instinctively looked to Indie, noticing the tiny red dot on his chest immediately. He was about to pull up his gun, but Indie shook his head, motioned him back and just stepped out of the house, closing the door.
    "We're not gonna engage with that." Indie told him calmly, even though his heart was beating fast. It's been a while since he was faced with a gun. "Let's move on." he quietly told everyone else, after which he split this group into two as well to cover more ground.
    Last edited by Pilot; 04-07-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As Dave and Melanie lay in bed sleeping in a close embrace, Cocoa walks to Melanie’s side of the bed and puts her paws on the side. She reaches one paw touching Melanie on her arm. Melanie’s eyes quickly open at the touch as she focuses on Cocoa who is now sitting along the bed. She softly whispers

“What is it girl?”

Cocoa remains not moving, just sitting staring at her human. This is the signal that something has invaded her home. Dave has already turned and sat looking more to Melanie as she rolls silently out of bed slipping into a plush robe interwoven with ballistic fibers which could stop a standard round from a medium rated weapon. Like with when Shadow visited, she hit the side panel of the bed and removes her Rattler with attached silencer now focused on the bedroom door. “Good girl, stay.”

Dave reaches over to the night stand grabbing his service weapon holster removing the Glock while starting to rise from bed. Melanie giggles

“Sweetie, I have this, you might want to get dressed though.”

Dave reaches for his phone “I’ll get this called in, get some cars rolling.”

Her expression and tone back to being flat “Please don’t, if I have to resolve anything, I will have it cleaned, I can’t have LE in my home this morning since I have work in the morning.” while she stalks toward the bedroom door. She was not dismissing the possibility that the intruder Cocoa alerted to could be there because she had not cleared the thing with the cop that slapped her. Shadow had mentioned that the matter was going to be okay with her handling this thing later, but she was going to approach this with more caution.

Her concern was gone when she stepped out of the bedroom and could easily pick up motion and two silhouettes inside by the front door. She raised her assault rifle and pressed the trigger activating the laser sight dotting one of the intruders. Her trigger pressure remains as she keeps her target in sight while moving the dot left to right once the target seems to notice the dot, ready to fire dependent on the target’s next movement, she releases trigger pressure as the two intruders withdraw from her home.

Dave, now dressed in jeans and a t shirt, steps out of the bedroom glancing around the living room area, his weapon held to his side. Melanie smiles, with a soft tone “They’ve left hunny…”

His tone softening “You want me to go after them? I could write it so as to keep the investigation out of your house.”

Melanie leans into Dave relaxing her stance “No hunny, they were just burglars doing their burglar thing. They did the right thing by leaving.” while starting back to the bedroom calling out “It’s okay girl, Good Girl!” Cocoa comes out of the room running to Melanie’s side followed by Dave’s. Melanie returns the assault rifle to its concealed location substituting it for a subcompact Glock, just in case ‘Girl can’t be too careful’ drifts through her mind through a soft smile. She heads back into the living room where Dave is sitting with Cocoa “I see you two get along. I’m going to get some coffee on, probably going to get an early start to my day.”

Dave heads into the room and dresses as Melanie starts coffee and a early breakfast. It is shortly after 3:30 AM when her phone vibrates.

“Hey Liv, what’s up?”

Crying is coming through the phone as Dave’s attention perks up as Melanie has the call on speaker phone “Mel, I am at the store, police noticed the door ajar when checking, we’ve been robbed Mel! Seems other stores have been robbed too. I am here now, it is a mess, all the jewelry is gone, they even hit the lock box Mel…”

Melanie sits at the table taking her coffee, her tone soft and soothing “Liv … hun, it’s going to be okay. I have to run out of town to take care of something, can you call Ron, he will get any photos taken for insurance purposes and get any clean up started. Just have him put up a closed today sign. I will stop by later today to look at what needs to be done and start calling our customers that may have had their orders stolen.”

“It just sucks that someone would steal from you Mel, I feel sick that this happened to someone like you hun…”

Melanie sits with a smile offering soft words for Olivia “Thanks hun, means a lot to hear, it’s going to all be fine, any part of business is the possibility that we will eventually be burglarized. If you can be a dear, later this morning call the girls that were going to work today, let them know I will be closed a few days till I get things back in order, the obvious question they might have, yes, I will cover their pay for their scheduled shifts. Now if you can do something for me, try to relax, this will be okay hun.”

“It still sucks Mel, but I will try.”

“I will get in touch with you when I finish my business out of town, try not to stay too long after Ron gets there.”

After a short conversation, she disconnects the call, Dave chimes in “This something I could look into darling?”

“Of course hunny…” as she gets up from the table clearing the table. When the dishes are done, Melanie heads back into the bedroom walk-in closet and the back wall thumb activating the wall open accessing her arsenal. Dave follows her inside taking a look at all she had, quirking a brow, he offers

“This is better than our tactical response unit’s arms room, I’m impressed.”

Melanie removes a 50-caliber sniper rifle looking over the rounds she wants to bring softly responding

“I do want my boyfriend to be impressed with his girl.” setting rounds next to the magazine. She brings the rifle to the garage loading it in the trunk of her Lexus before heading back slipping into all black attire. She kisses Dave whispering “I’ll call you later.”

“Please do, I will be looking into the burglary at your store in the meantime.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After hitting a few more houses with Kirill and Chim-ki, Aksel was pretty much set on doifn something else. It was repetitive action that didn't appeal to him - because of the exact reason that one just did the same thing over and over again. Break in, stay silent and listen, enter - keep close to the furniture because the floor makes the least sound there -, look through drawers and alike, take cash and other valuables but not all that the house owners possessed. The lad told them how he would fall behind after the fourth house, but the two told him they were done anyway and that they should regroup.
    Apollo's tree was the usual regroup location. So, the three waited there for Indie, Harek 111 and Gem's group. As Chim-ki spoke about a watch that she swiped from one of the houses, and frankly he wasn't paying attention, Aksel foucsed more on the street and the pharmacy across from where they stood. As soon as he glanced at it, he was aware of his friend tossing him a meaningful glance. He returned his look, staring until the other looked away. He knew what Kirill tried to prompt him to and it was unneeded.
    "I don't know if they got lost or what, but I don't have the patience nor the time to wait. I have my own things to do. It's been fun, pals. Takk for inviting me along." Aksel handed the mask he was provided with to Kirill, but the guy shook his head and refused to take it. He supposed he should take it then. He nodded and then instructed them. "Y'all pass through Noah's Street and then you know the alleyways to your buildings. Noah's Street only has fake cameras installed, you won't be recorded there." fake cameras were amusing. They were set so that the public feels safe, like no danger will happen there, like no criminal ever will try something where there are cameras. It was false, but also the fake cameras just proved how much the people in charge actually cared about the safety of the public. It didn't matter to them though. Albeit, after tonight's string of breaking in and stealing, it was best to avoid being caught on any camera.
    "See ya soon then, Intel." Chim-ki said her farewell, after which she continued jumping and grabbing a low-hanging branch of Apollo's tree. She would swing on it a little and then drop down.
    "Poka poka." Kirill waved him off as well.
    "Message me when you get back." Aksel requested from him, as per usual. "Or stop at my place on the way back. Okay?" as soon as he got a nod as confirmation, he went off.

As soon as he was home, the lad made a beeline for the back door. He opened it up and went down the two steps into the yard to call for his dog. Lykke immediately appeared from her dog house - which he made himself from wood and other material - and made her way to her owner. He greeted the canine, crouching down next to her to pet her a little. After that, he took off her vest and led her inside. He didn't lie to the two when he said he had other things to do, so he didn't have much time to waste at home. He just had to grab something fast to eat and to feed his dog, to change his attire and then he could immediately head out. Dawn was near anyway and he preferred to be on time or at least a few minutes early to his meetings that had set times in advance. There was no point in being late if both parties agreed to the certain time.

Though, he had time to sit down and drink coffee in peace, surely, as always. He didn't prepare any to carry in a thermos or the like, he just made some for at home. Indie got him this mug that changed colour depending on how hot the beverage was in it as he thought that would help him not forget to drink it while it was at an acceptable temperature. Even though his acceptable temperature was any temperature. Maybe he got used to it over the years he forgot to drink his coffee warm or something, but he wasn't picky about it and wasn't one to spill it down the drain when it became cold.

Being done with doing nothing in particular, and since he got confirmation from his friend that they all got back to their flats, Aksel got ready to head out. He changed the clothes he was wearing and put a simple collar on Lykke instead of a vest. He grabbed one of the phones from a drawer by the front door, picked out some sunglasses and then opened the door. Then, the two headed out. He locked the house, for now just clipping the sunglasses to his shirt. The sun wasn't out yet. It was about a thirty to forty minute walk to the square where the client asked to meet him. He could only assume that they would feel safer somewhere where there would be people early in the morning, where police would respond quicker if anything were to happen and alike. He didn't mind if, but found it to be paranoid. Nonetheless, he used the long walk as something to enjoy. He really ought to go on a real hike soon.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Layed out nearly ¾ of a mile from Carter Lake Municipal Airport, Melanie is set up having followed the flight plan as well as tracking of the small jet’s transponder. The Municipal Airport is more a dual runway strip which rarely has anyone inside the makeshift control tower in an isolated subdivision. It is more used for flight students and weekend skydivers. This given day though, a known international terrorist is supposed to be landing with the intent of carrying out a biological attack which has been in the planning stages for over a year … per the brief which was provided her. Within the last thirty minutes, two cars arrived at the small airstrip, two men had exited each car, arriving now was a small dark colored van. As the van pulls up with the two cars, another two men exit the van. Zooming her scope on each of the players, the first thought of ‘the data does not match what I have here’ are in her thoughts. The men all are wearing suits and making no effort to try to blend into the area. At this stage of her mission, she needs to be in communication blackout until she transmits ‘matter resolved’. She slips out her phone as the jet is still 10 minutes out from final approach and sends an encrypted text

~field status does not appear to be tangos – confirm – Mist~

~Orders stand – go blackout~

~Confirm – is this Tango – Mist~

~Negative Tango – security complication – continue task - going comm blackout~

To her back the sun is just starting to appear across the horizon, to her front skyline, the first pinpoint of landing lights at distance. The parameters definitely have changed, for whatever reason it was mission overview that this aircraft had a terrorist on board, now it was just provided after inquiry that there was not a terrorist on board. As the pinpoint lights are growing closer, there is no time to confirm what kind of security complication is enroute … it was also communicated that control was going on blackout and would not communicate further. As the first outline of the aircraft could be seen, she has the split second to decide. More through instinct, she raises the rifle with the first round being a fragmenting load focusing the scope on the jet now on final manual approach locking in on the cockpit windshield, pilot side. The round designed to fragment upon impact so as to pepper the cockpit, direct kill zone of the pilot, with fragments and collapse the windshield taking out the co pilot at the same time. The second round would be an incendiary round in event the jet were able to, for what ever possibility, still successfully land, the second round would target the fuel tank area.

Just as the landing gear starts to lower, Melanie fires her shot. Watching the aircraft continue she notices first the nose raising as the back end of the jet strikes the field first sending sparks emitting from the body of the jet. The next is the wing which impacts the runway sending the aircraft out of control followed by flames spewing from the jet. The six waiting for the aircraft are seen starting to run from the area, though too late as the jet now breaking apart sends burning fuel erupting through the runway engulfing those trying to flee within the flames. Even ¾ of a mile away, the initial heat blast warms her position as the ground under her shakes with the ensuing explosion. Melanie slips her phone out and taps a quick

~Matter resolved – want actual details – Mist~

She collects the shell casing and picks up the rifle making her way to the small side road her Lexus is parked. She surveys the area before approaching her car. She sets the rifle in the back trunk, runs her phone around her car in scan mode before entering and starting the hour drive back to town. There was no response to the last part of her text wanting more details, that came thirty minutes into her drive as her radio station was interrupted

“Breaking news, Carter Lake Police and Federal Emergency Response units are at Carter Lake Municipal Airport for a private jet which went down during landing, NTSB investigators are on the way to the area. The aircraft was registered to The Washington Post and Investigative Reporter Timothy Ryan was onboard following up a story according to sources at The Post who spoke on conditions of anonymity…”

Melanie pulls into the next rest stop and connects to Shadow, half expecting the guy not to answer, surprised … at the same time concerning … he answers

“Looking for answers I can only guess…” was his opening to the call.

Her tone calm though she was feeling anger and betrayal

“Why a reporter? Who were the collateral damage on the airfield?”

“This was a special request straight from Building 1. The asset had a story which could have done harm to the occupant in Building 1. Appropriate cautions were given the asset…”

A rise in her tone “So now I’m a fucking white house assassin? That was never our purpose.”

“Things have slightly altered since you stepped away. This was necessary, the story the reporter was going to release could have reduced or even shut down our funding…”

She snapped back “I am done, I can’t do this anymore…”

“Horizon knows this, if we had a closer asset, they would have been used. Your association is being disavowed, all records of are being erased.”

In a emotionless tone “Am I being erased too?”

“We’ve known each other too long to try to drop you some newbie line, Horizon was seriously considering it however he knew he would lose too many operatives had he tried. He also said he would sleep better not having to wonder when he would wake up with you sitting next to him if he missed. For what it is worth, you will still have access to the blackops system if you ever needed to research something, just would not have access to Ops files. Go on to trying to be the good woman you wanted to be.”

A gentle sigh let out “Sean, you know that will never happen, I tried but keep failing, I have too much blood on my hands. Now I have innocent blood on my hands.”

“Melanie, we both have, you are out now … just try to focus on those who live because of what you have done. I would like to check in on you from time to time, the man you had at your house the other day seemed nice, I hope it works out for the two of you.”

The rest of the drive back home was quiet. She had several missed calls from Dave, she couldn’t talk to him, he must realize she was the cause of this breaking news event and couldn’t talk to him, she doesn’t think she should be allowed to be happy. As she pulls into her driveway, Dave is by her front door and follows her as she pulls into the garage. As she gets out of the car she leans her head onto his chest and starts to cry “They used me, lied to me, I don’t deserve you Dave, I am a horrible person…”

Dave pulls her away from himself so he could look into her eyes having to set his fingers under her chin, his tone soft

“Darling, I know you are a dangerous woman, but I also have no doubt you are dangerous if needed. You opened up and told me what you were doing, you didn’t need to tell me that you were lied to, I already figured that one already. Rather I deserve you or not is not important, what is important is that I am not going anywhere…”

Melanie steps into Dave holding him whispering “It’s over at least, can I tell you the Melanie story…” choking back tears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reaching the square that was the agreed meeting spot, Aksel sat on some bench that overlooked the whole area that was just starting to come to life with the first rays of the sun. Workers were opening shops and alike. There were people, and yet it was silent, everyone was minding their own business - probably too cranky to communicate to each other. Some early birds were already entering stores, wanting to be the first in and out of the day so that they don't have to endure lines at the cash register. He understood that as he would hate that as well and that's why he just didn't go to stores anymore. It was pointless to him. Little stores that sold their own products were for him. They usually were more expensive - as they were more quality, and usually many people didn't know about those stores so that held the crowds away.

The lad pulled on his sunglasses, casting a glance at his canine that was just sitting by his leg, curiously, but also calmly, observing some stray cats that were sniffing around the place, but mostly were settled in front of a store. That was common. Stray cats gathering in front of markets. People probably saw them, went inside and if they were nice enough bought a small bag of wet food or the like for the cats and they got used to it. Now the cats, even though strays, looked plump enough to be someone's pets. Aside from stray cats, he hadn't seen other animals roaming the streets. Maybe a loose dog once or twice, but dogs that wandered through the street alone were usually caught by animal control or the like, seeing that they usually posed a bigger threat than cats - and people were just more made uneasy by a stray dog than a stray cat. Stray cats were enough ordinary that rarely anyone feared them.

As a shadow fell over him, the lad looked up from the dog and up at a person. "You're blocking my sun wall. I'd appreciate if you'd move. I'd like to sit in it before it gets overbearinginly warm. That is, move unless you want me to be vitamin D deficient." he watched as the person finally moved and sat down on the bench beside him. "Takk, Alex." he thanked, not looking over. He rather just kept his eyes on the square below, just observing the people and what they did. "Did Ricci come to a conclusion, m? What does he want to do?"
    "Ricci isn't his name, but fine." Alex spoke.
    "I like the name Ricci. It just sounds neat."
    "Anyway, he has a counteroffer. Instead of money, something else."
    "Really now?" Aksel finally looked over at Alex. Due to how their voice sounded and how they looked, he never was sure whether Alex was a male or female, but he didn't care enough about gender to know. Quite frankly, people being so worked up about it was confusing and just didn't make sense. Someone could refer to him with whatever and he would still answer if it was clear he was being talked to or spoken about. One or two people told him something about it not being so good of him that he couldn't care less about it, but he didn't fully listen.. Well, because he didn't care about it.
    "Yes, really. He knows you wanted this the last time he was in a situation similar to this, and this time he is willing it give it up." Alex explained.
    "Excuse me if I sound rude, but that sounds like a scam." Aksel told them honestly "Ricci-"
    "Not Ricci."
    "Ricci held onto that thing very strongly when I wanted it." Aksel went on. "Me and Peter started to make one of our own... But I lost track of the project and I really don't know what happened with it. I just kind of fell out of the loop and stopped doing things about it." he looked away from Alex at the square. "So.. Is it broken or something? Why is he giving it away? Ricci doesn't sound like someone short on cash."
    "It's not broken. I have it here in case you wanted to test it out and see if it works. There's nothing wrong with it." Alex assured and then, more hesitantly, added. "Truth be told, he is falling a bit short on money. Gambling and suddenly paying off a lot of things... Yeah, it's gotten him in a bad spot considering funds. And so, he decided he'd rather hand this off to you in exchange for your silence and cooperation."
    "How generous of Ricci. I'm flattered." Aksel rook the bag that Alex handed to him. Lykke instinctively sniffed at it and then jist looked away. He opened it up to check what it was inside before zipping it back up.
    "You can check if it works, you know?" Alex prompted.
    "Oh, I know." Aksel nodded. "I trust Ricci. Though, if this thing doesn't work or stops working in the near future, which means in the following year, of course unless I somehow break it, damage it or whatever... Then, well, things won't be going so good for our dear old Ricci. Not only will I come after him personally for lying to me, but I will release every fucking thing I have on him. And I mean everything." he turned his glare on Alex. "Tell him that I know more than he's aware of. I know every step he took since he learnt how to walk. So, when I say I'll rat our everything... I mean it. Copy?" he stood up, ready to leave.

After a few more words with Alex, Aksel turned around and left them alone. He proceeded to go off in a random directiom for now as he was unsure of where to go next. He was sure he would figure it eventually. Perhaps to ought to visit Astrid and her wife's café. He steered in that direction for now. The device Alex gave him was more for his entertainment right now. When he first asked for it, Peter still hadn't known how to cut off power to a whole neighbourhood or how to jam signals. This device did more or less the same thing, but just better and more accurately. And by that, it meant that the device could turn off or turn on specific street lamps. He could turn off all of them in one neighbourhood and leave the one above him turned on. It was perfect. It did a lot more things. A lot more and he could have it all on himself at all times, he wouldn't have to call Peter. It was merely for him to have fun with right now. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Last edited by Pilot; 04-08-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Default An End - And A Beginning

Dave and Melanie sit at her kitchen table as she gives a slight background on her actual self also letting him know that she could not speak of where she was associated with ‘for obvious reasons’ which he did not press. She had also let him know that the visit to Carter Lake was something they gave her fake intel so she would resolve an issue they had. Were she to know that the asset was a journalist, she would not have neutralized the asset without reason. Her association was severed after her visit to Carter Lake, when Dave inquired if there would be any attempt to keep her quiet, she simply responded ‘They know better than to try.’ Both Dave and Melanie perk up as they hear a vehicle skid to a stop inside her driveway. Dave reaches for his service weapon as Melanie simply mutters

“You would not hear them coming…” as she stands to look out at the car from the other night “…looks like your family friend is here darling.”

Aleece exits her car and starts for Melanie’s front door and is met by Melanie and Dave, Melanie the one to speak

“Please come in, I have coffee and sparkling apple water, have not gotten the lemon yet…” before turning heading inside. Dave still outside with Aleece.

“What is the living hell is up with that Carter Lake shit? Did your girl blow up a fucking jet and cook a dozen people on the ground? She was sounding like she was going to deal with scarry people, not national reporters!”

Dave simply replies “It’s complicated Al, why not come in and we can talk. There is more going on than you might think.”

Aleece folds her arms narrowing her eyes a moment “Davy, who do you think you are talking to. Of course there is more to this, give me a break … I’m allowed to be freaked out, aren’t I? So your girl was expecting something else?”

“Best way to put it, she was used to do something she would not have done if she knew who was actually coming in.”

Aleece takes Dave by the arm “Fair enough…” as they head inside.

Melanie is at the table with a sparkling apple water at the table along with her and Dave’s coffees. Her eyes still red extends her hand “Please sit, I am sure you have questions. Being Dave’s friend, I will answer what I can though there might be some things I just could not…”

Aleece takes the glass and walks around moving a chair next to Melanie as she sits looking to her “Fair enough… I will not go into things about my family … just want to ask … How are you holding up girl?”

Melanie looks to Aleece, she could see the same pain in her eyes as she feels herself, she finally “I was used, this kind of thing is why I walked away four years ago, I walked right back into something … I am finally out of that life.”

Aleece thoughts drift momentarily before looking between Melanie and Dave

“You are out of that environment now? You have a store that is going to take quite a bit to get going…” looking to Dave now “…you are going no where … sorry for being blunt … doing it right has not gotten you anything … My father you know Dave is part of that organization that does not exist, I dunno, just thinking out loud…”

Melanie forms a soft smile “Mabey I should quit trying to be the nice woman I have tried the last four years. Think it is time to stop having the boys control me…” looking to Dave “… no offense darling…” looking back to Aleece “…you think us girls should take a shot at entering the boys world?”

Aleece moves her chair back in front of her water “I have been looking at doing something for a while, are you open to seeing what we can do?”

Dave moves behind Melanie resting his hand on her shoulder “I have access to whatever you guys might need data wise…”

Melanie looks over toward Aleece “If I resolve issues, it will be for our benefit, not the boys…”

The three begin a serious discussion on how they were going to proceed, Aleece knowing several of her fathers men who routinely tell her ‘just call and we will be there in no time’ while Melanie discussing assets she has around the area.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast