Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Rise Of A Crime Lord ||| Pilot | Storm ||| 1×1 rp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aksel picked up the business card that Melanie slid over. He muttered a thank you, but said how he'll come to pick up the ring himself. He'd much prefer it like that. Although owning a couple of places around the city and alike, he'd rather not give out his address for something as simple as a ring. It was a thing he personally needed, so he's gonna pick it up. He stuffed the buisness card into the pocket of his dungarees anyway, before giving a side-glance to the security guy. Lykke had released a low growl and he noticed that the dog seemed uncomfortable and on edge. Something was up. He had a blade with himself, but he'd much rather not use it. If he did, there's no doubt he'll get his clothes dirty and he didn't really feel like going back home to change. So, for now, he opted for playing dumb and acting like he hadn't noticed anything different.

"Takk. Tusen takk." he nodded as he folded over the paper with the price. He tucked that into his pocket as well, before turning around to watch the security guy leave toward the door. Not the tiniest part of him thought that he was actually leaving. People were usually quite predictable with their emotions. They gave off a strong vibe and energy that was easy to pick up on. Well, easy for most people. He sometimes had trouble and didn't really have the appropriate reactions to their emotions, but Lykke was there to warn him of potentional danger if he didn't take note of it. So, when the man locked the door and told them to remain calm, he actually was calm. He looked to the dog and then fixed his gaze on the security guy - if one could even still call him that.

"And so I was correct on needing security against you." Aksel commented quietly, his tone joking more or less. "Well, anyway," he freely reached for his sheated blade. He pulled out the hunting dagger, holding it close to himself for now. As he already established with himself, he'd rather not use it if he didn't have to. It was a last resort. Well, he didn't think they were in actual danger here. The dog now stood directly in front of her owner with bared teeth as she occasionally let out a viscous bark as a warning.
    Aksel glanced out the store window. It was broad daylight outside. If there was any commotion, someone would notice and call the police. And that was the last thing he needed. He didn't feel like sitting here, talking to the police and giving his side of the report on what happened.

He didn't think this would go far. The worker didn't strike him as a helpless person, even though it seemed like a front she was selling everyone. From the way she had assessed his dog and probably tried to do so further with the tennis ball, there was more there than she was showing. It was none of his worries if she had different personalities she displayed. He would be the biggest hypocrite if he got mad over that. He had way too many personalities for different people. Each one seemed almost perfectly tailored for them.
    So, that, plus him being ready to fight, seemed like a situation leveraged against Kevin. He threw a quick glance at his phone to see the time before he put it away as he didn't want to provoke Kevin further. If he didn't leave soon, he'd be late to work - or well, just late in meeting with his father. If he was late, his father would call him, if he didn't answer the call, he would immediately be tracked down to see what was happening. Something that the lad didn't appreciate much. He could take care of himself and often just went off the grid for days on end just to have peace.

"So, Big Guy, what d'you want?" Aksel spoke freely. His tone wasn't threatening or anything. He was merely calm. "If you could, please make it quick, I have places to be and if I'm not in the places I have to be at.. Well, there's just gonna be a bigger mess here than anyone wants, eh?" he had already taken a few steps away from the rings and alike, to prove that he wasn't there to take care of that. "So, do your thing and everyone can move on."

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As Kevin reaches the door, his decision is final. The jewelry in his girl’s shop is more than enough that he can pawn for thousands – though he grossly miscalculated how much he would actually be able to pawn the jewels for. As he locks the door, the past two years play through his mind. His business is seeing negative numbers, this year worse than last. There is also that embezzlement investigation that Detective Nichols questioned him on last week, and he thought he was being so careful in skimming funds from the car dealership he was trying to negotiate a cyber security contract with. No, this was a golden opportunity, his crush has so much jewelry and the man with the dog apparently is rolling in cash. Just a quick score, lock the guy in the store and with luck, he and his girl would leave town and be set. Such a well thought out … fantasy. Kevin reaches down and locks the door forgetting to click off the ‘Open’ sign before reaching his hand to his shoulder holster tugging several times before the revolver displays in his hand. With the dog already growling and barking, he levels the revolver in the direction of the dog. The tremble in his hand tells all that need be said of how much a threat the man actually was. His voice does not sound it’s usual arrogant tone, more a dry raspy sounding
    “Don’t do anything stupid, no one needs to be hurt, and you better control that fucking dog or I will shoot it!”

Melanie almost finds Kevin amusing as he tried to pull his hand gun from the tight fitting shoulder holster. The fear she saw in his eyes and the tremble in his hand was the only reason this man was still breathing. There was however a limit to her patience. Glancing toward the cute guy, his reaction was not typical of a usual man, she was already mentally focusing on his demeanor and actions, the polite confidence he carried. She could not pin point anything other to be certain that the cute guy was not in danger from the man with the revolver which was moments away from becoming just another statistic.

As Aksel brandishes a hunting knife, Kevin rasply is able to speak out in a poor attempt at sounding amused and confident
    “You bringing a knife to a gun fight?” is all he could manage to get out. He does not want to shoot this man, since he will be the wife in his upcoming marriage, shooting him would garner too much media outrage and the police would increase their efforts in solving a hate crime. He could just shoot the damn dog however the thought filters through his mind that if he would do so, that the dogs owner might charge him where he would have to shoot the wife in the upcoming marriage drifting back to the media outrage concern. A moment’s thought also drifts to his girl, what if she would not come with him. She knows him too well, would he have to shoot the woman that he loves and in convinced secretly loves him too. Occupied so deep in his predicament, he does not pick up on Alsel’s initial conversation however does snap back into things when the man with the barking dog mentions to just get things over. Kevin swallows hard trying to sooth his dry throat before trying to sound strong and demanding, which comes out more a raspy whimper
    “Just shut the fucking dog up and place your cash on the table next to the ring display..”

Melanie’s own expression has changed, had Kevin looked in her direction, he would not recognize the woman before him. Her expression had grown cold and flat, her tone was flat and almost demanding
    “Kevin, stop this now, this is your one and only chance, your defining moment.”
    ‘Defining moment’ a term she would use when she has already decided that the threat she faces will die, it is the threats one and only chance to live through their encounter. Yes, Kevin was already dead, just the clock had not reached that time yet. By giving the man this one opportunity to change his fate, his defining moment, she could rest comfortably and not have Kevin one of the faces that haunt her at night. Without looking in Aksel’s direction, she mutters in a chilling tone “..and if you could help a girl out, please consider telling people that I was crying begging for my life.”
    Last edited by Storm; 03-13-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Yes, a knife to a gun fight." Aksel confirmed it to him. "Well, it's more of a dagger, really." he looked down at the blade he was holding, spinning it around in his palm a few times before getting a right grip on it again. "I think I calculated myself well. I don't think I need anything else against you if need be." he spoke honestly. He didn't know any other way in this sustuation. He didn't feel like his life was threatened. There was no fear. He didn't register he was in danger. And, as much as that could boat well for him and actually paid well regarding what his job was, it still was a flaw. A bad one actually. Granted, sometimes he could recognise he was in danger, he just didn't know how properly react to it. So he always just ended up going with whatever seems best in the moment.

"The dog has a name, okay?" He muttered out, before calling the dog off. Lykke immediately stopped barking, but remained alert and tense, ready for action if she was told to do something. "Good girl." he praised the canine, before he nodded to the request of the man. "Seems reasonable to me." he told him with a dumbly polite smile, before he moved over to the display case.
    He started to take out the money that was stacked into bundles. As he placed some of it on the table, he assured the worker he would still pay her when this is over - perhaps when he comes to get the ring. Before he could take out everything that he carried with himself, he heard his phone vibrate. It didn't make noise, simply because he found any ringtone to be a bother and to be annoying, so it just vibrated.

"I don't know why I'm wondering if I should take all the cash out." He mused aloud. "Either he's gonna take it or I pay you. Boats the same for me." he spoke as he ignored his phone. "So, in case he doesn't want to help himself with the cash to buy himself... I don't know, a bus? A bus seems fitting to get with this amount of cash." he said as he took out the last of it. "I bought a bus. One of the best things I did. That thing is.. It's just amazing." he rambled on about nothing to distract himself from the phone. "So, if he doesn't take it, it's yours." he told Melanie and then faced Kevin again. "That's twenty thousand, right there." he informed and moved a step away.

"Well, now that this is over with, may I answer the phone?" He asked, even though he already planned on doing so as he already took it out. As he thought so, his parent was calling. "You see, my father is more paranoid than a bride on her wedding. If I don't answer, not only it might give him a heart attack, but he'll take measures that don't really go well with what you chose for yourself here. So, just take that and go. Buy yourself a bus. A nice one. With two floors. They're fun when redecorated."

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Still singular focused on the dog and the man with the cash, Kevin maintains the shaky hand in the direction of Aksel. While Aksel starts setting cash on the display case, he dryly mutters "Melanie, darling, this is our ... how did you say it, our defining moment, we can leave town with ... " he stops mid sentence at the amount Aksel had spoken, Kevin's eyes widen "...twenty fucking thousand dollars?!" his focus turns to the woman he loves, his eyes widen further.

Melanie had often been told that her cold persona was chilling as easiest put. Her tolerance for this man with the .38 was at an end and dwindling deeper with each passing moment. She had given the dead man his opportunity to live through his ill thought out direction, she will not be the one to end his existence, he is doing this to himself, he was after all given his chance to live.

All Kevin managed to mutter was "Melanie?". The woman behind the counter was the same from moments ago, yet different. The light he always saw in her eyes was absent, almost as if the woman who captured his heart was a cold replica. This dismay ended as Aksel mentioned needing to take his call. Thoughts of 'doesn't this ... man ... girl ... what do these people call their selves anyway drift through his mind as he dryly rasped "NO!, No fucking PHONES! Get to the fucking FLOOR NOW!" while now waving the revolver around in the air to try and get this man's attention. A fleeting thought drifts through his mind 'doesn't this guy realize he's being robbed?'

Melanie had given this dead man more chance than she had given most. She is already formulating how to act when the police arrive, she could put on a real convincing woman in duress, her script to feed 911 already finalized, the only complication, the cute guy. Hopefully he would do the courtesy of vouching that she was crying and begging for her life. The only thing she muttered was "So be it."
    Last edited by Storm; 03-13-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Okay, okay, no phone, no phone." Aksel slid the device back into his pocket, though he pressed a button to silence it so that it doesn't vibrate anymore. He really didn't want to listen to it. Then, he cast his gaze down at the floor. "Nei, takk. I much prefer to stay on my feet. It's.. Healthier?" he said some nonsense, shrugging along with it. "And.. This is a public place, I'll much rather not clean it with the clothes I have on myself." he switched his weight from foot to foot, his gaze bouncing over to the door again.

He expected to have either the police or his father's people here any minute now. The latter sounded a lot better to him. Once again, the only thought of the police coming in here and questioning him didn't seem ideal. He had nothing to hide. Well, besides the hunting dagger that he really shouldn't be carrying around. At the idea, he carefully sheated his blade again and relaxed.
    "I'm just gonna stay quiet. You two finish your love story. Quite frankly, it's fitting with all the rings and shit being out." from there, the lad actually went quiet, merely glancing around and waiting for what happens next.

His calmness didn't last another minute because police sirens could be heard somewhere in the distance. He immediately looked toward the door and then to Kevin and then back to the door. He only glanced back because he noticed familiar cars. He didn't think they'd want to get involved with the police seeing them barge in here with guns. Either way, he didn't need their help. He should he fine. He was the witness here and more or less a victim. The police would have zero reason to search him. Unless it was suspicious he carried that much cash on himself. It shouldn't be. He was coming to buy a ring after all.
    "Lykke," he called the canine over, who immediately listened and retreated closer to him, standing at his side. He muttered praise to the dog and then just kind of stood there patiently. His eyes were fixed on the door and partially on the street. He could tell that they would be waiting for him outside. Meaning they would just pick him up as soon as this was over. As soon as he went out. It seemed okay to him. He had something to tell his father either way so at least he was getting transport to there.

"This has been fun, gang. Honestly, made my midday a lot better. Usually it's pretty boring with nothing going on." Aksel commented. "The police are here either way, so I assume I can speak now."

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

The crime scene was being wrapped up at The Dugout Bar. CSI had finalized photographs, witnesses interviewed, the deceased families were receiving the notifications. Detective Nichols had released the final patrols from the scene. He looked over the scene one final time to ensure he had all the information for the report and evidence filing that was going to consume his day. Dave makes his was to his car and stretches before getting in. Station snack bar food was the last thing he desired, that and stale coffee. No, Perkins first, station next.

The drive was quiet as Dave was formulating the statements provided, it was clear that this was a criminal dispute, intel had already identified The Dugout as a drug supplier, the group controlling that block was not known drugs, more for knock off electronics. As the owner of the bar was not present, more digging into the man was necessary. This thought process was suddenly broken while casually looking at store fronts. He steps on the gas and pulls to the side of the street grabbing his radio
    “Mike 7, Control, clear the air, active 211 in progress, 413 East Chandler Drive, Kim’s Fine Gifts, possible hostages, need back up and SWAT.”

The air erupts in dispatching units as Detective Nichols exits his car and pops open the trunk putting on his tactical vest and unlocking the assault rifle. Dave makes his way across the street to cover the front of the street as the mid-day calm was interrupted by police sirens.

Kevin had just started picking up on the sirens as he backed up toward the door pointing the revolver toward Aksel, over toward the dog and back toward Aksel, a panic in his tone
    “Melanie … hunny … please, for me, please forget what was going on, honestly, I will stop by and make this up to you.”
    Not waiting for her to respond nor waiting to see what the man or dog were going to do, Kevin unlocks the door and backs out, revolver pointed in Aksel’s direction.

Melanie simply continued watching life unfold. There was a sense of relief in her features, had she shot Kevin, she would have her shop shut down for at least a few days while the police processed another crime scene. With Kevin leaving and how close the police sound, she will still have police in her shop however for a few hours still giving her opportunity to finish the inscription for the cute guy. Completely dismissing Kevin as he slinked out of her store, she offers Aksel a soft smile and sweet tone “I should still have your ring ready by 7:00.”

Outside there was a loud shout
    “Kevin Kucera, Police officer, stand where you and lower your..” followed by a single gun shot followed by multiple high powered gun shots.

Melanie did not need to surmise the happenstance outside her shop, at least she did not have to shoot Kevin, the police seemed to do that. Now was the part of putting on the frightened woman persona. She slipped the cash from atop the display case slipping it inside the lockbox, she would provide the cute man with the appropriate change when he returned for the ring this evening. She had a frightened woman act to put on now.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-13-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Kevin, who seemed to be rather frightened and if just now he was realising he's way in over his head, backed out of the store, Aksel listened to what was going outside. Though, since Melanie spoke to him, he nodded to coomfrim that he heard. "That's wonderful. I'll be here by seven. Or, well, at seven. No sooner or later. Its nice to have set hours." he glanced back towards the door as he heard an officer shout at the former security guy. Then, there were gunshots. He stood there, unfazed by the situation. He was more curious to see the scene outside. It seemed like a whole lot of law enforcement came. "Well, as I said, it's been a pleasure. Loved your store." he offered her a smile as he moved over to the door. "Ha det." he added over his shoulder as he opened the door and stepped out onto the sidewalk. He scanned the street, almost finding it ridiculous how equppied they came for a single gunman. There was a whole SWAT team.

The lad looked down the sidewalk to see where they shot Kevin. He stared for a few seconds and then looked away when the dog nudged his hand. He glanced over at the people waiting for him before aside at an officer near him. "Hallo." he greeted, stepping aside and ignoring whatever question they directed at him. The officer went inside, presumably to see if everyone was alright.
    "Am I free to go or what?" he looked back after the policeman. He didn't want to walk away or get in a car and leave without the permission. Last thing he needed is these people on his tail because he wasn't supposed to leave without giving a statement. He believed it would be incredibly funny to lead police to his father's doorstep, but he also was aware of boundaries of what is considering a joke and what was not. His father would be fuming if he did that. Maybe it was best he didn't anger the man.

Since he got no reply, Aksel just fished out his phone to call his father back. He flitted his eyes up and down the line of police cars situated in the street. Now that the threat was neutralized, they moved around and weren't hidden behind a vehicle with a gun. Some went to deal with the body while others seemed to be speaking amongst themselves and over their radios - probably reporting back. There was so much noise, he couldn't and didn't have to deal with it. He was sure there would be more noise if he stayed and that would just be no good. Not only would he get easily distracted, but he also just might get full on disoriented.

Without another thought in mind, and as he waited for his father to pick up, he started to cross the street to go between the police cars to reach his transport.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

The ordinary quiet street starts to fill with police patrol, detectives and tactical officers, Melanie remains inside her store as several patrol officers enter. She does not need to put on the characteristic of a frightened crying woman, as she did not need to eliminate Kevin, she simply put on the appearance of just the frightened woman. The usual district officer which covers Chandler Drive approaches her holding a tablet PC with a digital pen in hand. The officer offers in a soothing tone

“Miss Kim, I am Officer Sampson, we’ve spoken during better circumstances, I will try to make it as easy as I can. I just need a statement if you feel up to it.”

Melanie holding her arms around her chest, her lips trembling, she is rather proud of this performance however will make sure she does not overdo it. It is apparent having listened to several other officers that Kevin was already a prime suspect in embezzlement at one car dealership and the preliminary investigation had uncovered other possible cases. She surmises this will be a simple statement to add with the active case against Kevin which would close shortly if he is dead. With CSI still outside, that was her prognosis, if he were alive, the police would have loaded him under guarded condition and the ambulance would have departed right away. She looks to Officer Sampson, offering a soft, hesitant tone

“It was Kevin, Kevin Kucera, he has been in my store dozens of times and offered me security services. Today was so much different. He was going to rob me…” she feels this is the ideal time to throw in a body shiver “… I was afraid he was going to do so much worse. I hope he didn’t hurt anyone, he had a … gun.” As she lowers her eyes to the floor. ‘Yea, I’ll play this one too’ her tone contains a sense of fear “Did you catch him? More, will he be out on bail, I hope he doesn’t come back here, should I close?” She stops there not wanting to overdo it, she keeps looking to the floor, waiting for the officer to comfort her. ‘Hurry up, I have work to get to’ drifts through her mind before the officer rests a hand comfortably on her shoulder. His tone soothing

"Miss Kim, I don’t know how to say this, first, no, Mr. Kucera did not hurt anyone. He did fire on officers who were forced to return fire. Miss Kim, you do not need to have concern that Mr. Kucera will be back."

Melanie was rather impressed with the officer’s tact, she felt she needed to react somehow so she simply gives a choked up swallow. After a moment, enough time to seemingly digest what the officer was telling her, she utters “That poor man, I hope he is at peace and didn’t suffer.” There was some more small talk, an offer to increase patrols in the area before writing a statement omitting of course how close she came to shooting the guy.

Outside the store, officers and detectives were taking the position that Kevin had finally flipped out and it was eventually going to happen, there was talk that the only tough part was he target the sweet cute woman in the gift shop. An officer finally approached Aksel inquiring if the suspect had stolen anything from, threatened him or injured him. Their intent was if Kevin had not, to offer him a business card and instruct him to reach out to detectives were he able to think of anything the suspect said inside that might help the detectives determine why he target the woman’s gift shop.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-14-2021 at 04:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as his father picked up, Aksel told him that nothing was going on and that there was no need to send anyone to pick him up - but that he appreciated the escort. It was a short conversation, so he soon just put his phone away again. He stopped by the few that came for him. "You guys do know I fit in one car, eh?" he asked jokingly, eyeing the three vechiles that were there.
    "This isn't just transport. We needed more men at first to see what was going on and intervene if need be." One of them replied, watching as the lad got into the passenger seat of one of the cars.
    "Right, well, take me away." The lad said, allowing the dog to get into the car so that she can sit by his feet.
    "We will. As soon as an officer takes a statement from you. You can't leave without giving one."
    "If that doesn't happen in the next four minutes, I'm driving away myself or just walking." Aksel told him, leaving the car door. Lykke jumped out the car again and sat outside it so that she's in a better position to protect her owner.

When an officer finally approached him to ask what happened inside, Aksel told him what he saw and heard so that there are no follow up questions. He told how Kevin came in trying to sell something, how he decided to lock them in and wave his gun around a little - and how he wasn't threatening at all during it but rather came across as someone who is going to piss themselves any second -, that no one was really injured and how everyone was calm during the whole situation. He mentioned the little love story that the two had between them because he found it fitting to mention when he said that he just came in there to buy a ring. After that, he called the dog in and shut the car door close. He tossed the officer's card to the side and buckled himself in. "Drive." he looked at the man behind the wheel, who nodded, started up the car and started to drive them away from the scene. The other two cars followed.

After spending his afternoon around with his father, which was mainly about business, Aksel was more than relieved when he finally left the place. If he had to listen for another minute, he was sure he would've fallen asleep or just walked out - which wouldn't be appreciated. It was evening. He predicted he had just enough time to walk to the jewellery store to pick up his ring on time. After that, he could just go get a drink or something to waste time.

When he reached the store, Aksel checked the time. The clock just turned to show seven. He nodded to himself and then went inside. "Hei hei." he greeted. "As I said, no sooner, no later. Just on time. Right on the dot. Right on seven." the dog was still with him, again just calmly walking by his side.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

After the police presence subsided, Melanie set to get the inscription for the cute man complete. There however were the constant interruptions of people coming in expressing their concern for how she was holding up. Mrs. Harrison made it a point to stop in with some streusel and conversation. She made it a point to mention that her grandson was single and just got out of the Army and is a good boy. He was also very strong and would be a protective partner to whoever he eventually married. She politely took his number down which she would ‘forget to call’ like the dozens of other Mrs. Harrison offered her grandson’s number.

The 5:00 local news was all over the Dugout Bar shooting as well as the robbery attempt of the local gift store. Sources that spoke on conditions of anonymity said that The Dugout Bar was owned by Paul Moreno and was suspected in drug trafficking. With another shooting just six blocks away, there was press speculation that this gift shop might associated with ‘The Moreno Empire’.

As that came over the TV, Melanie couldn’t help a giggle “Gawd, it really must be a slow news week.” As earlier, she had looked into that guy weeks ago when the bar first opened, and she noticed unusual traffic there. Paul Moreno was nothing but a ex con trying to establish a name for himself, she still feels that the true organization that controls the area would remove him eventually. With this press fantasy now being broadcast, she mumbles more to the TV ‘You’re gone Paully…’ before putting the finishing touches on the ring for the cute man. She infused a slight gold tone to the inscription to have it standout more. ‘I wish you all the happiness in the world’ drifts through her mind.

The next hour and half was going normal, five to six thirty were her rush hours as people leaving work stopped by for last minute gifts and pick up special orders. Her digital clock just hit 6:45 PM as the door opens. Two men wearing black leather jackets entered and wandered over to where she sat. Both were wearing sunglasses with their hands in their pockets. She had nick named them Larry and Curley, the other bouncer at the Dugout she had nicknamed Mo. They always amused her however since she was always in disguise when scoping out the Dugout, she gave the appearance of not recognizing them. Her tone was soft and polite

“Good evening gentlemen, what brings you in tonight?”

The taller of the two, Larry, spoke as Curley wandered the store examining various this and that’s

“Oh, nothing for now, just wanted to stop in and see the news star. And bring you an offer from our Boss. He is interested in acquiring your little shop, there was a slight disruption in his main business you may have heard of. You can still work here, just there will be an addition to what you sell. Don’t get any ideas that you have a choice, it is that or the next shooting on the news will be a cute Chinese girl getting shot.”

The first thought that drifts through her mind is ‘Gawd, these idiots watch WAY too many movies, and I’m Korean thank you verry little’ before putting on a quiver in her lips, it takes a second to get into character to refrain from laughing, her tone now one of concern

“This is so sudden, can you give me the night to think it over, I don’t want any trouble.” This part was at least true. Larry and Curley are now a complication, she was going to just let the natural order of things sort out this drug business, they now have come to her door and dare threaten her.

Larry simply responds “Of course girlie, Mr. Moreno is generous, he will give you 24 hours, We’ll be back tomorrow to go over details on what we expect, or to make you a news headline.”

Melanie bites at her bottom lip as Larry and Curley leave the shop. When them gone, she is finally able to let out a laugh. ‘No guys, you will not talk to me tomorrow unless I use a Ouija board’ whispering under her breath before looking at the clock. 6:59 PM … she heads to the display counter removing a gift box with the cute guys ring, just as the clock hits 7:00, the cute guy with his adorable puppy enter.

After his introduction, she sets the ring box on the counter along with an envelope containing his change before opening the box, her tone upbeat and friendly

“You could look at the ring and make sure it is satisfactory. Oh yea, your change is in the envelope. I do need to say one thing, you are really punctual, a rarity anymore. I truly hope for finance falls in love with it as much as he loves you.”

She steps back to allow Aksel a chance to examine the ring while at the same time wanting to crouch down and pet the adorable dog though it would not be proper.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast