Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Rise Of A Crime Lord ||| Pilot | Storm ||| 1×1 rp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Well, what's the point of setting a time if one isn't going to honour it." Aksel retorted to her comment about punctuality. He only gave the ring a quick glance before he closed up the small box, held onto it for a couple of seconds as he realised he'll be carrying this to the bar now. We'll, that certainly wasn't the most ideal. He wasn't afraid that someone might try and steal it from him. It was an inconvenience. But, if he sees his target man at the bar, then picking up this ring and going to the bar with it is something perfect. The idea seemed great. He wished the guy wouid be there. Get things over with and have a drink with his friend right after.

"Well, thank you for this." He expressed his gratitude as he stepped back from the display. He hadn't taken the envelope with himself simply because he didn't think he needed it. He had some money with himself so that he could pay for whatever he might need after this, but otherwise he didn't want to carry more cash, so he left that on the display. He could always lie and say his soon-to-be-husband wanted to generously tip her or something. Whatever. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't take it. If he found himself in need of more money, he could always rely on some people to give him more.

Speaking of money, he had noticed the two men that exited before him and he knew who they were. It was hard not to know most if not all criminal groups that worked around you and even farther away. He was well-acquaintaned with one too many apparently - as his father told him. Though, he could only guess the two came here because they needed more money and therefore had to expand their buisness. That wouldn't work. He already knew. It was only a matter of a few days before this whole new gig of some wannabe went below surface and drowned. His father's pot boiled already. The man wasn't going to be giving any more fair warnings like at the bar. Next thing coming was a full-on slaughter.

"I'm sure Mark will love the ring." Aksel assured her, shaking his head to get out of his thoughts. The thing with the other organisation will be dealt with later. It was none of primary business. It was his father's. The man could deal with it alone. He had his own ordeals to deal with. One of them included this ring. He would deliver it to the guy as soon as he could. As soon as he saw him. Oh how he wished to see his reaction right now. He could predict it already. Confusion tinged with surprise before it progressed into possibly anger and fear. The man's name wasn't even Mark, let alone Markk. Mark was the name of the guy's son - who would be dead the day following the one when Aksel delivers the ring, of course, unless a payment is made.

"We'll bother you no further." He turned around, the canine doing the same. The bar wasn't far from here. He'd walk. He walked everywhere whenever he could. It was much preferred over using a car or anything else. He only used those if he had no other option. Otherwise, walking was nice enough for him.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As Aksel spoke that they will bother her no further, Melanie responded in a friendly tone "This has been no bother at all, you and Lykke are welcome anytime. Feel free to stop in for any adjustments that might be necessary or any other gifts yourself or Markk might need."

As Aksel and his dog left the store, Melanie moved quietly to her back office. She removed her laptop and logged into a back site, she scanned her finger over the scan pad. She sat in quiet thought while pulling up the layout to the Moreno Estate once in the secure encrypted system. Pulling up the man's bank account brought a slight giggle 'you certainly are in a bad way, aren't you? If the origination doesn't do you in, certainly the IRS will.' This was merely a casual thought running through her mind. This would be, had Larry not made the mistake of threatening her. She had nothing against the three stooges, simple response, their bad decision for being in the employ of the next morning breaking news story. After a short while, she had all the info that she would need for tonight, it was only 7:40 PM. She put on her coat and casually walked from the back office turning out the light. A soft smile on her lips thinking 'I could pull off the distraught girl and close early' as she walked to the front of the store clicking off the 'Open' sign.

From the back of the store, in the shadows, a male voice speaks
    "Myst, what is with this Moreno you were looking into?"

Her tone almost playful
    "Still being watched I see, doesn't Horizon have anything better to do than keep tabs on a sweet adorable girl?"

The man wearing a black turtle neck and black pants steps into the light offering a light hearted chuckle
    "Relax Myst, he's just interested in you accessing the dark net after four years. He went through quite a bit to make you normal. Is there anything we should be aware of?"

She offers a tell tale smile simply offering
    "Tomorrow morning, no. Tell H I do appreciate his thoughts though. It will be clean, there is a laundry list of people LEOs will be looking at, nothing would tie to me."

"Anything you need? Or still have your toys?"

Melanie steps closer to the man, under a sugar sweet smile, tone cold as ice
    "I've still got my toys, if H would send me a case of frags, just in case I ever wanted to play with them..." as she reaches out caressing the man's cheek.

The man steps back before she follows through by digging her nails into the side of his face
    "Remember who showed you that Myst, and I'll relay that on to H, I don't think that would be an issue, label them as cleaning supplies?"

A soft smile remains on her lips, tone going soft again
    "Of course Shadow, nice you remember me."

Without saying a word, the man turns and heads toward the back of the store. Melanie calls out "Lock the back door!" followed by a male voice "Duh!"

Melanie heads out the front locking the front door. She had not expected someone checking up on her accessing the dark site so quickly bringing her to ponder if there was an Op somewhere close to the area or if they still had a handler watching her. It has after all been only four years since she stepped away. This doesn't matter, there is a reservation some people need to keep with the city morgue tonight. As she enters her SUV and starts the vehicle, she clicks on her 'Drive Time' playlist. She lets out a laugh as 'Staying Alive' starts to play. "Oh how quaint!"

The drive home is uneventful. As she enters her home, she is greeted by her puppy. She takes out Cocoa and when they come back in, she gets her food and fresh water. As Cocoa eats, she sits next to her
    "Sorry baby girl, but Mommy has to go out tonight, so you be a good girl and watch Mommy's house as you always do."

Cocoa follows Melanie as she heads to her room and changes into an all black outfit. She moves the cute party dress which has a thumb reader pad on the wall. As she rests her thumb on the pad, the wall slides open as she walks into her armory. She takes a tennis ball and tosses it for Cocoa as she looks over the sniper rifle. Sentries first, then up close and personal for those in Moreno's home. Cocoa comes back with the ball as Melanie looks over the various knives. She crouches down hugging her puppy before standing to check her Glock. After selecting her equipment, she steps back out closing the armory and placing the party dress back in front of the thumb reader.

Melanie heads back out of her room and to the kitchen setting the rifle on the table before setting her watch then heads to the coffee maker. As she starts some coffee, she sits on the floor while Cocoa rests her head on Melanie's lap. Petting Cocoa she offers
    "Sorry baby girl, Mommy will be back as soon as I can when I go out, Mommy has to make a bad man go away."

It has been little over four years since the last she last removed someone from the living. The only comfort she took was that the Shadows were already aware she was looking into her target and had not asked her to stand down. It would have been an awkward conversation if her handler spoke to her post strike. Now all she needed to do was wait with her puppy till it was time to allow this Moreno to be the morning news.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Although his next agenda was the bar and his own dealings, it seemed like his father had a different idea. In front of the bar, he was met with the same man that picked him up from the police scene earlier in the day. He joked about how he didn't need a private chauffeur and gave a dry, forced laugh in hopes the other would take the hint. He wanted to be left alone. He wanted to be able to do things that he wanted when he wanted. He didn't appreciate his parent having different plans and not even trying to warn him and inform him a bit about it beforehand. He didn't have problems with doing stuff for him. After all, he started his 'career' by practically just solving debt situations people had with him and the like. He did more and more as time progressed, until eventually his word was almost as equal as his father's. Almost was the key word there.

"Give me just.. Like five minutes to go in, find someone and propose to them, and then we can do whatever annoying and stupid thing y'all have in plan, eh?" Aksel asked of the man. "C'mon Tallak. I know you adore a good love story." he teased.
    "This isn't one." Tallak said. "But fine. Hurry it up."
    Aksel immediately turned and whisked into the bar. Within seconds he had it all scanned over. Within those few seconds he was aware of everyone in the bar. About seven people that worked for his father, the bartender that was more or less their friend, two strangers that probably just wandered in there on accident, and five people that were lone criminals or members or another group. Either way, they had high security measures so his father associated with them. They were mere suppliers in a way.
    The lad was glad when he spotted the guy he was searching for. He sauntered over, stopping by the table where the other sat with two other people. "Hei hei." he greeted, waiting a second or two to get their full attention before he spoke further. "Don't mind me, I just have a gift for your dearest Greg." he turned his full focus on the man with the shaved head. He opened the tiny box in his hands, letting it drop to the floor as he only held onto the ring. He tossed it onto the table in front of him, keeping eye-contact. "Consider this a minor threat." his tone was a hard monotone then as he wanted to come across serious to the guy. He watched as an array of emotions switched on Greg's face. Only satisfaction spread on his. "Have a good rest of your night." he wished the group and then left them alone.

Now that he had his own things straightened out, Aksel grabbed a closed drink from the bartender and headed out. Without another complaint he got into the car with Tallak. He listened to the man tell him where they were going and what they will be doing, but he wasn't the happiest. It was basic job and it was boring. Too boring. He couldn't handle boredom. Never could, never will be able to. His father knew that and yet still assigned him to do this he ought to have a word with the man. He was going this time. But next time that he wasn't informed in advance of the job, he won't go out of spite. And if he doesn't like the sound of something, he also won't go. He'll much rather appease to his own things.

After a rather quick scout of the estate, there was nothing else to do but watch it a little more as well to see if anything happens. Apparently, there was a shipment coming for Moreno. Apparently. By some source that Aksel wouldn't fully trust. Either way, he was there now and he had to make the best of it. For some time, he found it interesting to just watch the people move, from a distance of course. Though, there was less and less activity around the estate, making the lad incredibly bored. He sat on the roof of the car with the dog, constantly repositioning himself as if everything was uncomfortable. Most of the time, he ended up in the same position.
    "Do you have worms in your ass?" Tallak's sister, Astrid, turned to glare up at him. "Settle down already." she banged her fist against the car.
    "Calm down." Tallak requested from her.
    "Ja, calm down." Aksel muttered out from where he sat.
    "You're not any better than her." Tallak looked over. "Learn patience."
    "I have patience, but not for this. This is like watching paint dry." Aksel complained a little, but the two others merely looked away and then fell into their own conversation. He took it as confirmation that they didn't think it was anything exciting either, but just didn't want to admit it. He shifted once more and then fully stood up on the car. He stretched out his muscles until they trembled. The day started off good. Did it have to end so... Plain? So boring? Nonetheless, he still had his eyes fixed on the estate. He had a feeling his eyes caught something that he didn't fully register since he wasn't paying full attention to this. He wanted to dismiss it at first, but his common sense told him to not do that. And his common sense was correct. Only a mere minute later, there was noise. Bad noise it sounded like.
    "Gunshots." Astrid spoke, almost happily. "Finally somethings happening."
    "Who the fuck is going after them?" Tallak was more concerned about the idea that this might be yet another new gang taking out competition.
    "I don't know, but less work for us." Astrid said it like it was great. She took a drag from her cigarette and then pulled up binoculars to her eyes. She adjusted them until she could see the estate better. "Yup, dead bodies." she smiled a little. "Damn, I love it. This is like a show."
    "I'm gonna go do another round around the place." Aksel informed, quickly getting off the car. Without waiting for either of their thoughts on it, he started to move away. Something was happening and he wanted to be engaged and not half-asleep. Lykke followed closely next to him. The two walked in silence until they found a car that wasn't theirs and, seeing where it was parked, it definitely didn't belong to the ones that were getting slaughtered down there. He ended up just moving away from the car to a spot. From it, he could see the vehicle perfectly while he remained hidden with the canine. He wanted to see who found it in them that it was important they got rid off these guys.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Melanie continued playing with Cocoa until her watch vibrated. With that she rose and petted her puppy atop her head again. Melanie gripped the sniper rifle from the table and headed through the kitchen to the garage. She popped the trunk of her midnight blue Lexus GS 350 and placed the rifle into the rack. From there she opened the garage door and starts backing out. She has already input the address to Moreno's estate in the GPS, the drive is quiet as she zones in.

Parking at a secluded vantage point, she exits the Lexus and walks around the back opening the trunk removing the rifle. She then pulls the hood down the black stocking mask she was wearing. Quietly she sets up a vantage point overlooking the estate. There was less foot traffic than she was expecting as she looks over those on the grounds. She peers through the scope selecting the first person, with gentle trigger pressure the silenced rifle pops as she watches the man's head jerk as he drops. She then notices a second appear from a brush line, he appears to be adjusting his fly. The man stops in his tracks drawing a hand gun firing blindly into the darkness of the night. As she zeros in on the man blindly firing, she whispers 'really?' as another pop drops him. Others on the property start responding to the gunfire from the recently deceased man, also the others seemed to just fire blindly at the dark, or in one case, one man shot another responding. Melanie was finding this almost amusing. Moments later, those on the grounds were laying bleeding into the night soil. The gunfire did concern Melanie as the house breach was going to be a little trickier.

She rests the rifle along the tree she is next to and starts in a low crouch running toward the front door. Once at the front door, she draws her silenced Glock and looks at the door lock pad. Ready to test the security of the door by kicking the door at the locking mechanism, she reaches over to the keypad, more for humor and giggles, she taps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then the pound sign. Her face scrunches as the lock turns green and she hears the lock spinning to unlocked. To herself in disbelief "Seriously?"

With the gunfire outside, she stands to the side of the door turning the handle and pushing the door open. She waits for the gunfire to come out the opening door, and waits, and nothing. She moves her hand across the door opening, still no response though she can hear music from inside. In a low crouch she steps into the door frame leveling her weapon quickly scanning for a target. There was none. She slowly enters mumbling 'do these idiots really want to die so easily...' scanning the area, looking for anyone to shoot. An odd sense of disgust and disappointment comes over her, 'at lease act like a gangster' drifts through her thoughts as she approaches the door where the music was coming from. She opens the door and casually walks inside taking note of Larry, Curley, Moe and a fourth she had not seen before, she names him Sally. They are playing cards and upon her entry, each start to rise from the table. Sally was the only one able to fully stand before she shot him. With the four men laying dead on the floor, she exits and makes a fast check of the rest of the home. Finally she ends up outside the master bedroom.

She quietly enters at the ready to shoot whoever was guarding the Moreno guy, yet the room was empty except for the man snoring in bed. She quickly checks the night stand to remove any gun the guy conceals there. A sigh of disappointment escapes as she found none. She walks over sliding her Glock in a thigh holster before removing a thin bladed dagger tapping Moreno on the forehead with the point, in almost a singy tone "Wakie wakie sweetie."

Moreno stirs and goes wide eyes as she sets the blade against his chest. She has to sush him as he starts begging her not to hurt him. She shakes her head as he offers to double whatever she was being paid to leave. She could not take anymore of his pathetic whining, especially smelling the urine. She simply ends the conversation with

"Perhaps in your next life you would be reborn as something smarter." as she inserts the blade into his chest twisting and pulling out. Blood easily flows from his chest as she whispers
    "You will bleed out in a minute, just so you are aware, this is about your idiots you sent to threaten me at my gift shop. I really have to say darling, this has been a really disappointing waste of my time, I was expecting better from you..." while she watched his eyes glass over. As she was on the way out of his room, she heard a toilet flush in another room. She started in the direction of the noise, as a door close started to open, she watched a young man exiting. A quick swipe of her hand and the wide eyed youth drops to his knees grasping his throat which was now open and gushing blood. Melanie casually steps over the dying man and makes her way out of the home.

Her return to recover her rifle was not as fast as when she went to the home. Once she grabs the rifle, she starts back to where she is parked. Once at the car, she pops open the trunk and secures the rifle in the rack before remotely unlocking her car. She then removes the stocking hat slipping it in a side pocket as she looked up at the full moon. At least these guys died on a beautiful night drifts through her mind.

Before Melanie arrived to the car or was visible, Lykee had perked her head up sniffing the air and nudged an alert to Aksel, not a usual alert of a threat, one as she was familiar with the scent.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-14-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For this, Aksel was patient. It was something he wanted to check out and something that he went to do on his own. So, now, he was more than patient with waiting - silently and still. He knew the dog would detect anything before he even had the chance, so he kept glancing at the canine, even though he knew she would alert him as soon as she sensed someone. And she did. He felt the dog's muzzle touch his right hand and press against it ever so slightly. He watched as Lykke's ears perked up. He looked in the same direction, his muscles tensing up as he saw a person approaching. They were alone. He was tempted to get up and stroll up to them, but that was just a part of him that needed a more thrilling conversation right now. He really doubted he would be welcomed, seeing that this person was out for blood tonight.

When the shooter took of their mask, it took him a second to register it, but a longer moment to go through his memory to pin the face to the correct person. The jewellery store worker. He recalled. As much as one should be surprised in this moment, he wasn't. Little to nothing could surprise him. Expect the unexpected, right? She didn't seem to him like the most clean person - or so he gathered through their interactions and her interaction with Kevin in the gift shop. He just wondered what her connection to this group was. He had seen the two exiting her shop before he entered. A few things spun though his head, but he didn't feel the need to theorize long about it. He could go there tomorrow and just speak to her. Might as well ask her outright. Why not? What would she do about it? There wasn't much she could. If she shot him, well, it was none of worries at that moment anymore, was it? He'd be dead and that was the end of it. In his case, curiosity was very likely to kill the cat.

Although he'd love to talk now as well, he didn't want it to progress into something ugly and like that attract the attention of Tallak and Astrid. So, he just waited for her to get in the car and leave. As soon as she did, he waited until he couldn't hear the car anymore, and then an additional minute, and then he moved from his spot. He whisked off all the way to where he left the other two.
    "See anything?" Astrid immediately posed.
    "I recognise the person." The lad told her honestly, getting into the car. "C'mon, let's go. There's no point in sitting around anymore. Y'all go report back, but drop me off at home. I really don't have time to deal with retelling a story you two will do a wonderful job of telling."

As per his request, the lad was actually dropped off at home. The excess energy he's had all day still hasn't left him, so he needed something to do at home as well. He took a shower because he's been moving the whole day. After that, he wanted to take his medicine, but he ultimately forgot and ended up cleaning the place because he didn't have smarter things to do. Later, he again recalled the medication, but this time he couldn't find it anywhere around the house. So, naturally, he just sat on his porch and smoked a joint. In case anyone ever spotted him and reported him to the police, Aksel always had papers that the marijuana was given to him by a doctor. Though, unlike some papers and documents he had, these papers weren't forged. He was just given the marijuana upon a wrong diagnosis. So, instead of it helping him, it did the opposite. He was aware of that, but he never could look that far into the future. All that he was aware of is that it was a problem for future him and that present him definitely was loving the feeling of an empty head replacing the usual thousands of thoughts passing by.

Once morning came, Aksel begrudgingly woke up from a cat nap. He ended up falling asleep for a little while, albeit he didn't plan to do it. He glared at his phone. It was the thing that woke him up. He picked it up, listening as his father didn't even greet but just immediately ranted on about how he needs to know who and why shot up the Moreno estate. "I'll deal with it." he assured the other, hanging up as he didn't want to listen to the rest of it. From there, he took his morning routine slowly and casually. His morning routine was just to make some coffee, brush his teeth and get dressed for the day. He didn't have a habit of eating breakfast as he wasn't hungry in the morning. He fed Lykke though. For some things, like this, he was very much a creature of habit. Getting ready always took around the same amount of time when he knew he could take his time.

After finishing a cup of black coffee and getting fully ready, the lad left his house and locked the door after himself. He took a walk to the jewellery store, which he actually remembered where it was located. He checked well if the store was empty before he even approached it and then went inside.
    "Hei hei." he greeted in his usual tone and way. "You said that me and Lykke aren't a bother, so we stopped by. There's someone on the street who is rather a bother and I would rather not deal with that shit so I'll let them pass by." he glanced to the door and then back. "Like this is shelter." he told her why he was here 'honestly'. "But if you want me out, then I'll pretend like I'm looking at stuff and shit, okay?"

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

The drive back home was quiet, reflective. Melanie would often look in the rear view mirror which she angled down more to reflect her image back. There was death tonight, the last guy especially, though it had been slightly over four years, this came naturally. She glances at the woman looking back at her wondering why there was no pain, just a simple task, an errand caused by two men who had no idea what they were setting in motion. Did this woman looking back at even have a heart any longer?

As she pulled in her garage, she popped the trunk removing the rifle, she came in the garage entrance to be met by Cocoa. Melanie sits on the floor hugging her puppy whispering "Have you been a good girl for Mommy? Mommy might not have been a good girl tonight sweetie." thoughts drifting back to the guy who was coming out of the toilet after she had already resolved her issue with Mr. Moreno. After putting her weapons away and sitting in a relaxing shower, she was ready for bed. Her sleep was comfortable with Cocoa snuggled up next to her.

Morning the alarm on her night stand woke her as she rose and headed to the back door taking Cocoa out. Once back in and had fed Cocoa, she clicked the news on just in time to listen to another disturbing incident at the home of a local business man. Details were not fully released to the press yet, this time no one was speaking on condition ... yea, three incidents in three days probably have LEOs scrambling. She quirks a brow thinking to herself 'well sports fans, this girl did her thing so lets get back to focusing on what movie is being released next'.

Her drive in to work was ordinary, there was no one waiting at her front door as she arrived at her store. The visit from Shadow last night was somewhat expected since she had accessed a network that did not exist for the first time since stepping away four years ago, just happened sooner than she anticipated, that little matter has already been dismissed in her thoughts. Melanie started looking over orders she was working on and UPS tracking on expected supplies.

She looks up as the door opens and offers a smile to the cute guy and his puppy as they enter as Aksel says something about not being a bother. She didn't catch it all as she gasps happily
    "Lykke! Who's a good girl, you are such a pretty girl..." in a tone people often use when talking to a cute child. She then offers Aksel a soft smile "Don't be silly, you are no bother at all. Can I get you some coffee, juice or tea? I just must hear if Mark with a K loved the ring. Spill it if you have time." looking toward the small kitchenette toward a corner of her store.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-15-2021 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aksel would've stayed inside whether she welcomed him or not. It would be rude of her to behave any different towards a potential customer and towards a previous customer. He watched as she greeted Lykke as if she knew the dog, when in reality she's seen her yesterday and that was it. He didnt comment though. He just stood there with the dog beside him. The canine didn't go over to the woman to greet her or anything since she wasn't allowed to at the moment. So, she just stood by her owner's side, attentive but relaxed.
    "Takk for the offer, but I don't want a drink. I already had coffee home and on the way here. I don't think I should drink more and become an even bigger addict to caffeine." He smirked. Coffee actually did wonders for him this morning. Since he smoked last night, his mood was in all kinds of different places, but coffee acted as a mood stabiliser and almost levelled it out. Almost. He knew it wouldn't fully help him. Still, it was a problem for future him.
    Since he was inside, and intended on making eye-contact, he took off his sunglasses and clipped them to his shirt.

He listened further as she spoke, wondering if Mark loved the ring. Did she forget the first thing he said when he was looking at the rings? The ring was a gag gift. He wasn't actually getting married. Well, maybe she remembered and was asking in that way. So, he decided to answer in a way it would potentnionally remind the woman. "Ja, the ring was wonderful. We all had a bigger laugh of it than expected. Mark was rather a little flustered at first because he's actually getting married soon, but eventually he came around as well." it wasn't that he didn't want anyone to think he was getting married. It was about keeping his story consistent. He was a great liar. Lying came naturally. And at his level of expertise and calmness, a machine couldn't pick up on his lies.

After a few moments of not saying anything, Aksel decided to be direct with her. How else was he supposed to find out what her connection to that wannabe was? He didn't feel like dragging this out like some knew to do. Some preferred to become close to the person before asking them. He didn't want that. He'll speed the process up.
    "So, what's you connection with the poor Moreno?" He asked, fixing his icy piercing stare on her. His voice wasn't threatening either. He didn't see a reason to threaten her. "I'm just wondering. Because, two of his men walk out of here yesterday like it's none of anyone's buisness and then you shoot them up." he further spoke. His posture was still relaxed. He wasn't even trying to come across as someone who might get violent, because he wouldn't. "Did he try to take over your store as a front? Didn't pay you enough? M? What's the deal?" he pressed. "And don't try to sell me bullshit on how it wasn't you. Lykke recognised your smell there."
    Last edited by Pilot; 03-15-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Melanie was already walking casually to the kitchenette as Aksel declined the offer for something to drink. She was thinking nothing in particular other than rather to select Hazelnut, French Vanilla or regular coffee as he inquired what her connection to Moreno was. Her demeanor nor soft smile wavered as she selected a French Vanilla K Cup setting it in the brewer. As he continued his inquiry, her thoughts drifted that this cute guy had to show up at least around her car after she had set out to resolve the trivial matter. She had already surmised that the cute guy was connected to either State Government or perhaps to some type of origination due to the number of people that were there to pick him up yesterday. State or Federal is dismissed, LEO filters through her mind briefly due to the short interaction he had with the officer that spoke with him, this is dismissed as her phone didn’t vibrate alerting her to electronic devices used for monitoring, the guy did not seem to ask the typical LE questions, this leaves in it for himself, organized or more awkwardly – employed by the former Moreno.

As the coffee finishes filling her cup, she removes the cup inhaling the aroma, her tone one of delight “French Vanilla, such a wondrous flavor, do you ever try flavored coffee?” as she walks in the direction of the cute guy still trying to access exactly his association to the play unfolding, maintaining a polite tone and smile “So tell me Mr. National Inquirer … “ seemed to be a good nic for him for now “… I suppose the first thing I would like to know, Poor Moreno? Who was the guy to you … I hope not another fiancée? Now that would really make the story an awkward one.” Melanie couldn’t help but to giggle “Didn’t pay enough? That is precious…” recalling the financial distress Moreno was in “… I assume you are not Federal, State or Local … and I know you were not where I was parked when I arrived. So, you must have been there to take in the natural beauty of such a secluded area I was parked at. Must have been bird watching, eh? Perhaps you broke up with your fiancée and were stalking me … and you came here to propose?”

Melanie’s demeanor remains polite and friendly, her tone a little more direct “You want me to tell mine but you won’t share yours, that is not polite at all. If you want mine, why not share a bit of your thing?” as she brings the cup to her lips to sip the fresh coffee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I've tried flavored coffee before." Aksel told her, wrinkling his nose at the scent of her drink. It came on him strongly, but he quickly got used to the smell. "Not really my thing." he said honestly, sticking to speaking about that for now. "Too sugary, really. I much prefer just plain black coffee. Please do enjoy your drink though."
    The lad actually appreciated that she remained with a calm tone. He wasn't sure if he had the nerve to deal with someone loud, paranoid, attempting to threatening and the like. So, this quiet agreement that things were calm and not to get worked up over boated great for him. Last thing he needed was this woman going crazy and raising her tone of voice. He would just exit and leave someone else to deal with her.

Since the woman seemed to be amused by her own words, Aksel mirrored her and offered either a smile or a chuckle when she did. He wasn't entirely sure what was entertaining to her each time she seemed to display a tickled expression, but he mimicked it either way. Did he have time to figure out everyone's emotions and why they showed some things? No. It was purely useless. It was always easiest to do what they did. It saved him the trouble of trying to guess the appropriate reaction.
    "No, not another fiancé. He's not really my type, surprisingly." he didn't feel the need to emphasise that he was joking with that.
    "You can flatter yourself all you want... but, rest easy, I'm not stalking you." he assured her. He thought that she spoke a bit much or at least seemed a little full of herself. She seemed to speak as if she knew she was always correct or that she wanted to always be correct. He was confident as well, but what she was doing was different from confidence. It was something that almost seemed over the top - someone overdoing it. Then again, who was he to assess someone's nature? He knew little to no psychology.

"You say I'm rude and impolite. Sure, I'll take it. Though, you didn't answer any of my questions directly and yet you're asking that I answer some of your own. I have nothing to tell you in return unless you cooperate as well. Agreement, understanding and a smooth conversation between two people is a two-way street. You gotta meet me halfway. " Aksel told her evenly, keeping his gaze level with hers. He kept to his own. He wouldn't say anything unless she did first. "You go first and speak. As they say, ladies first. I'll more than gladly tell you my own side of it once you're done. It's your choice whether you'll trust this verbal promise and agreement."
    Last edited by Pilot; 03-15-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Melanie simply continued her smile while taking in what the cute guy had to say. She forms the thought that the guy is accustomed to getting his way and not have anyone question him. Mid level at the least where ever his employ is. He also does not seem to process her humor, he seems to be more direct to the point, verbatim wording. His reaction to the aroma of the flavored coffee scent is useful speculating that any form of chemical irritant would put him at a disadvantage were the need ever to arise. He is providing her with mannerisms she finds useful. Keeping with the polite tone

"As long as we continue to set the stage, let's straighten a couple things out. I simply stated that inquiring things with out sharing was not polite. Rude was your word, not mine. If you need a definition of each thing I speak, you may want to contact one of your ... men? ... guards?... associates?... whoever those were waiting outside for you yesterday. Honestly, it is not my place to educate you on listening skills. I also take it that you are not exposed to humor in your work. Stalking me was me being cute, I'll have to remember that you take things way too literally. Now let me go on to your statement that I am not answering any of your questions directly. Look this matter through this girl's eyes, you are a man who came into my shop for the first time yesterday. I do not even know your name though I provided a polite opportunity to let me know a name when I gave you my business card. I do know your dog's name, maybe Lykke and I should be having this discussion." Melanie pauses for a brief second "...that by the way was a joke, you know, humor?"

She takes a sip of coffee before continuing "So, you see, you come in seeming to interrogate me. I will give you this, how am I related to Moreno, I'm not. Wonder who I work for or am associated with, Myself. I am what I appear as, a small store owner, nothing more. As you may have noticed overnight, I have not always been a small business woman, before moving here, I worked in the insurance industry, background checks will show you this."

Looking out the window she offers "If you watched me last night, you probably are not a cop, don't see anyone outside ready to breach. If we are going to continue our conversation, do you think you should at least do the polite thing and offer your name?" She leans back against a cabinet watching how this cute guy responds.
    Last edited by Storm; 03-16-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast