Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: [M] Rise Of A Crime Lord ||| Pilot | Storm ||| 1×1 rp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as he entered the café, Aksel looked around and made a beeline for the table where he usually settled down. He sat by it and impatiently waited for either Astrid or her partner to come over. The spouse came over soon enough, asking him if he was doing okay and if he wanted anything to drink, but he just asked if she knew where Astrid was. Apparently, the woman was on her way. So, he dismissed her and told her he was waiting on her.

When Astrid entered, he perked up and was about to tell her about what he has, but the woman came over and started to quietly rebuke him for how he ran from her and how she had to listen to Olav rant to her about her being useless.
    "Well, it's not my problem you're slow." Aksel eventually just told her. "But anyway, look at this." he unzipped the bag again and pulled out the device, holding it with both his hands. It looked like an ordinary electronic device one could buy in a store.
    Astrid, still a little pissed, sat down beside him and did her best to cool off as she focused on the device. "What about it? What is it?"
    "Look look..." The lad quickly did something on it. He knew the premise on which it worked because he used it before and that was why he was very set on wanting it before. There was a short loading sequence on the screen but then the screen displayed the image that one of the café cameras was taking video of. He looked toward the camera and then at Astrid. "Eh?" he prompted. "Without trouble. Instant." he looked back to the device. "Watch, you can..." he went on to show her that he could do the simple things like zoom in and out and alike but then he turned off the camera.
    "Turn it back on." Astrid demanded instantly. "Where did you get that?" she asked. Those weren't simple cameras. She didn't think it would be that easy to access them and turn them off. Peter confirmed it to her.
    "I can also access the alarm system and make it go off now for no reason."
    "Don't. Where did you get it from?"
    "It doesn't matter from where." Aksel dismissed her question instead of ignoring it again. "But it's fun to okay with it." he smirked a little as he exited the camera - after he turned it back on, leaving that alone so that he can show her something else. "Check your phone."
    Astrid pulled it out of her pocket, but already heard someone in the café complain that their call cut out and another person that the café wi-fi isn't working anymore. "That's like the thing Peter can do, right? Jam everything?"
    "Yeah, but this is on the go and more accurate if you want it to be. No need to take out a whole block." he explained to her, returning the signals and everything to the café. He didn't want to ruin their business. "I love this."
    "I see that it's just a toy for you."
    "Well, what else is it supposed to be. It's for entertainment." Aksel turned it off and carefully stored it back in the bag, which he immediately closed up.
    "It's more than just a toy, but whatever.." Astrid looked away from him to his wife, who she got up to greet.

Since there was nothing else for him to do there, Aksel quickly abandoned the café. He had a lot on mind, but some pretty big things - and perhaps things he really shouldn't do - were spinning around his head. He didn't have much of an ability to think about it now. His thoughts were there for a few seconds, presented themselves as the best ideas in the world, and then they were gone along with all of his ability to properly think about it. Granted, he wasn't doing any of it now because he was still subconsciously aware that he shouldn't do any of it. He shouldn't burn down his residences and get going wherever the fuxk he wants to go. He shouldn't commit arson on his father's residence either. There was no reason to plant a bomb somewhere either. A lot more irrational, rash and impulsive acts passed through his head, but the first still seemed the most appealing. The second one also sounded very nice, maybe too nice.

On the street, he managed to clear his head from those thoughts for now. He walked with an empty head, just taking in whatever was around him. The people passing by and the various conversations he overheard. He went on like that until a familiar car slowed down beside him and stopped, making him halt as well. The tinted window rolled down and he immediately recognised two of his father's close people - Rakkel and Josef.
    "Get in or we'll have to use force." Josef told him right off the bat, showing him a glimpse of his gun.
    Aksel didn't see a reason for it at all. Not like he was already resisting them and he didn't plan to. Maybe his father heard the device he got and just wanted to see it. That device really was the only thing that was constant in his thoughts. So, without trouble, he got into the back of the car.
    Last edited by Pilot; 04-10-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

By 10:30 AM, Dave was already at the precinct doing follow up investigations into the loss of the officer overnight as well as being in communication with the team sent to Carter Lake to assist the NTSB in the, what was still being considered, crash scene.

Melanie and Aleece pull around the back of her store, once parked walk around the front and are greeted by Olivia

“Mel, police finished taking pictures around 5:30, Ron is in the office looking over lease information, he seems pissed that we didn’t have any cameras installed.”

Melanie offers a soft smile and soft tone “It’s okay Liv, thank you for sticking around though you could have gone when Ron arrived, that was so sweet of you. Why not head home and get some rest, I’ll see Ron and get some of our customers called about delays in their upcoming orders.”

Olivia heads over grabbing her jacket “I’ve already called them, most are sounding cool with things, some even expressing sympathy at what happened, Keith though over at JH Technologies is being a …” looking over toward Aleece not wanting to say mean things in front of the woman, Aleece however chimes in

“Dick? Fuckwad? … am I warm?...”

Olivia giggles “…Yea, something along those lines.”

Melanie grins “I’ll get with get with Keith after Ron and I talk. I’m also going to check in with you and see how you are doing later hun.”

Olivia heads over and gives Melanie a hug before heading out of the store. Aleece drops her cold appearance looking to Melanie

“Assume the property manager has a hardon over your being broken into? You mind me hanging around while you talk to Ronny?”

“Don’t mind, if we are going to be doing this, we may as well start today.”

Aleece smiles “At least we are thinking along the same lines.”

Aleece and Melanie head into the office where Ron, the property manager for the store and the rest of the block, is sitting behind her desk looking through insurance documents and the lease contract. Melanie removes her coat setting it on her coat rack as Aleece does the same, Melanie offers in a polite tone

“Morning Ron, I would say make yourself at home, but seems you already decided to do that. What do I owe this pleasant visit to?”

Ron looks up from the desk, in a dry smoker’s raspy tone “Pleasant is not what I will call this Missy. What in the blue hell kind of shit business are you running out of MY property …. Hummm …. Missy? Where are the security cameras that every other store on this block has… hummmm? Do you hav….”

During the time Ron was going on with Melanie, Aleece had calmly walked behind the desk, and mid-sentence grabbed Ron by the back of the hair jerking him back out of the chair. As Ron falls backwards to the floor landing on his back, Aleece steps over him setting her heel against his throat applying pressure not allowing him much air. Her tone cold

“Ronny, Ronny, Ronny, what are we going to do with you, you really need to learn to be a little more polite…” as Ron grabs for her ankle just to be met with more pressure to his throat, her tone growing more ominous “… this isn’t going to end well if you keep acting like a guy…” pressure being let up as he starts tapping on the floor. Aleece steps back allowing Ron roll to his stomach and slowly rising to all fours.

Being in the rather chubby side, it takes Ron a moment to catch his breath and the spinning in his head to subside. Watching the woman who had her foot in his throat, he starts to rise to his feet. Getting some sensory perception back, he then clenches his fists while sliding his sweater sleeves up his arms grumbling hoarsely “That Girlie was a fuckin BIG mistake … see, I have no qualms at all in fuckin up a lil bitch.”

Aleece simply shrugs her shoulders “I see … being a boy it I guess…”

Melanie starts walking toward Ron with her hands behind her back only to have him bark out “I have no issue in fucking you up either Missy…” as he takes a step toward her. As he scrunches his face raising his arm back as thought he plans on striking her, gracefully she moves into a spinning round kick striking him along the side of his face staggering him backwards followed by a side kick into his chest causing him to hit the wall hard, before he slides from the wall she continues sweeping his feet dropping him hard back to the floor. By the time he is able to focus and start to catch his breath, both Melanie and Aleece are to either side of him. In a sweet tone opposite the actions she had done, Melanie says

“Ronnie, really sweetie, if you ever want to walk again, I would ask you to quit being a silly man, get up, sit down and listen to what we are going to tell you.” from behind her back she is holding a slender platinum like rod.

Ron starts to stagger back to his feet looking back to the chair Aleece as set back up in front of the desk with her hand patting the seat. As he starts making his way to the chair, she is unable to contain a giggle seeing the moist area around his groin. The next 20 minutes are spent outlining his expectations before he is sent out of the store. Aleece pours some coffee making a casual inquiry

“Do you think that Ronnie will think about coming back doing a guy sort of thing?”

Melanie takes one of the cups responding casually

“I don’t think this is anything we should bother thanking about. Think Ron is going to have a misfortunate accident while taking a bath or something tonight.”

Taking a seat across Melanie’s desk, Aleece simply acknowledges “I’m coming too.”

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Burning Pile

"So... what's up? Where are we going? What is happening?" Aksel questioned the two, seeing that they both remained dead quiet and serious. Neither of them responded. "The cops that arrested me were more chatty with me. What's the problem here?" He leaned in between the two front seats, eyes flicking back and forth between Rakkel, the driver, and Josef who was looking out his side window into the street.
    "I advise you to get back in your place or things will go south real quickly for you." Josef threatened, turning around with the handgun he was still firmly holding in his hand.
    "Okay... sheesh... you're starting to make me believe I did a crime again. How ever will I cope with that? Crime is something I'm not even supposed to mention. Stupid me, I forget." Aksel leaned back in the car seat, looking out the window for a brief few seconds. Lykke had pawed at his leg. He knew she didn't like the situation. He wasn't the biggest fan either, but he didn't feel like jumping out the car really. It was unnecessary. Either way, he gave the back of the car a quick scan, hoping to locate a gun or another weapon left lying around. There was none. The one day he doesn't bring a weapon on himself. Not a single blade. Of course that had to be the day he fell into actual potential danger. He would have to do with improvising then. He wasn't bad at that. On the contrary, he was great at it. His reflexes and instinct worked flawlessly hand in hand.
    `We're all aware that this a bad situation, right?`
    Looking away from the canine, the lad glanced to the left side of the car.
    `Just wanna make sure everyone is aware since I'm supposed to reason all the time.`
    Not really needing Ditto's snark tone, Aksel just focused away and told him quietly to "fuck off"
    `Bad call.`
    "I suggest you keep your mouth shut." Josef was glaring at him again. "Not only are us two already ready to blow your fucking head off, but your father isn't happy either. So, my best advice, try to start behaving nicely. Maybe you fool him again that you're somehow worth keeping around."
    "Certainly more worth than you two." Aksel told him, keeping his stare level with the other. Josef didn't take his statement well though and shoved the handgun into is face, mentioning again how he wasn't afraid of shooting him.
    Slowly lowering the gun a little with his hand, Aksel nodded ever so much. "Good for you."
    From then on, the ride a little more calm. The lad still spoke when he felt like it though, as if his off button was broken, still saying things he probably shouldn't in the given situation.

When the car came to a stop, Aksel went to open the door immediately, but it was locked. He kept pulling on it, watching as the two got out. Seconds after, Josef opened the door, the gun hidden in his jacket still pointed at him. "Panicked much?" The man prompted sneeringly, to which Lykke barked at him, growled and overall warned that she was about to attack if there is any more violent moves.
    "Leave the mutt inside the car." Rakkel grabbed the lad by the shoulder and pulled him out the car, which prompted the canine to launch and bite her arm. The woman screamed in the initial pain of the strong bite. She started hitting the dog, but it still wasn't letting go, but rather shaking its head and pulling, causing more damage to the arm. Josef was quick to smack the animal with the handgun, which actually made it let go and retreat a little.
    Aksel quickly checked the dog over. There were no visible injuries. He didn't get to look at her long as Josef told him to put the dog in the car so that they leave it there or he was going to shoot it. Since he actually cared about the dog, Aksel didn't want to tempt the other and potentially lose his pet. So, he commanded Lykke into the car, after which he opened the window for her a little, and then he closed the door. The window was open enough that she could squeeze out if she really wanted to, but he knew that neither of the two would think the dog would fit through that opening.

"In." Josef pressed the cold metal end of the gun against the lad who started walking toward the house and then going in.
    "You're looking at blowing my kidneys?" Aksel glanced back at the man, who shifted to holding the gun between his shoulder blades when they entered. "There's really no point to the gun. I'm unarmed." He told him.
    "You better be." Josef muttered, looking to Rakkel and the bag she was holding. "What did he have?"
    "I don't know.. just some shit. Unimportant." Rakkel told him. "Nothing we should be worried about." She dropped the bag by the exit of the house, leading the way towards another door. She opened it and looked down some stairs. She could hear two people talking down there. Olav and Astrid.

"We're here." She announced, going down the stairs and stopping in the short hallway at the bottom. There were four doors. One was open. That was where the two were, talking about something.
    "Yeah... but don't you think you're overreacting a little?" Astrid asked the man in front of her, who fumed even more then. She knew things weren't the best now and one thing fell through so the man became awful. Whenever things didn't go to plan, he would take out his anger on someone in any way. It ranged from setting them up to be arrested to offing them. So, she was a little afraid - especially since this time he seemed to be the most angry with his son. "I mean... I mean..." She tried to find the right words.
    "Listen Astrid. You can't and shouldn't try to talk me out of this. I'm starting to think you're on his side." Olav looked to the entrance as Josef walked in with Aksel. "On the side of a traitor."
    "See? I think that's a little much to say. Not like he ratted you out to the popo or something." Astrid said.
    "No, but he might as well have. His activity has been too much the past few days. Every day it's a new thing. And not a new thing in our favour. No.. No. Why would he do anything to further our progression. No, he helps those pesky Russians and expects me to be fine with it." Olav's voice grew more and more aggressive as he spoke. "Do you know what he did last night, hm Astrid? The time he ran from you. You know what he did right after?" He stared at the woman, but didn't expect an answer nor give her time to form one. "He went straight to those assholes and helped them rob jewllery from stores. He helped them gain. And if someone else is gaining, we're losing!"

"I thought you weren't interested in robberies." Astrid dared to counter him. She was irritated because the man was a little irrational to her. Probably because he was slightly drunk.
    "I'm not! But I'm interested in other criminal groups not having the option to grow around here. Our organisation should be the only one around. Other groups should fear growing. It's been like that before, but with my own son going around parading help to other groups.. Of course they're not gonna fear growing anymore!" Olav raised his voice, composing himself after. "So, we apparently have to install that fear into them differently."
    "What did you do?" Aksel immediately asked him.
    "Nothing. I just sent a few people to pay your friends a visit." Olav told him through a scornful smile.
    That obviously didn't mean any good. The lad, with unfortunate timing as Josef started to cuff his hands, solely focused on his thoughts of what could've happened to the group - especially since they didn't own firearms. As much as he tried to think of the group as a whole, he still fixed his worries more on if Kirill was fine. After all, he knew him the longest, the most and he just meant more to him than the others in the group. He didn't get far with his ideas of what might have happened. A sharp blow to the side of his head made him snap back to reality and stagger to the side. His instinct was to get in a fighting position, and then and there he finally processed that he had his wrists handcuffed behind his back. Either way, he fixed Josef with a glare, now having direct eye contact as his sunglasses were knocked off. It wouldn't be his first nor last fight with his hands being 'disabled' - in the eyes of the opponent at least. It took a few seconds for his vision to stop being a little blurry and overall unsteady, but it sharpened itself soon. Besides Josef wearing a self-satisfied smirk, Olav looked more than happy as well with what was happening. Rakkel was holding a sharp knife, ready to intervene if needed, while Astrid wore more of a worried expression but stood helplessly to the side.

"Tell me, Aksel, what's so interesting about working with nobodies?" Olav spoke to him. "Hm? I'd understand if you worked alone and wanted a group.. but, my god, you're a part of one of the most, if the not the most, powerful organisations and you decide.. Listen to this, you decide to side with some street rats. That's like being presented with an expensive dish and deciding on eating day-old toast." He looked to Josef and then back to his son. "Not only are you a part of this organisation, but you are also the person that was supposed to lead it after me. And you've proven time and time again that you're incapable. Incapable of people relying on you, incapable of leading anyone besides yourself - and you're even bad at coming up with coherent thoughts. Overall a mess."
    "Glad I'm here just to listen to this." Aksel grunted. None of it meant anything to him. That wouldn't drag a rise out of him or anything. He already knew what his father thought of him on his bad days, so he didn't have much to whine about.
    "I recommend that you keep your yapper shut while someone else speaks." Josef moved his gun a little to remind the other of it. Though, the next second that gun was knocked out of his hands and sent sliding across the floor. Astrid stopped it with her foot and picked it up to feel safer - she didn't want to shoot anyone though, but seeing that Olav also pulled out a tiny pistol, she was ready for just in case. She watched as both Josef and Rakkel went after the young lad, who managed to hold his ground for quite some time before slipping up and everything going downhill from there. She was worried. She wasn't completely sure what was Olav's plan here. She didn't think he would kill him here.

Rakkel finally got the lad to kneel in front of her after a bit of pushing, pulling and overall resisting. "Calm down." She growled out, pulling the knife up to under his chin so that he stops moving. She had grabbed a fistful of his hair, going through the conscious decision to not get blood on her hands, seeing that he was bleeding where Josef hit him with the gun.
    "What do you even want?" Aksel gave his parent a look. He couldn't do much, but he also wasn't sure what was supposed to happen. He just wanted to leave, get his dog and go to check on Indie's group. He stared at the man who had a specific look on him. He looked satisfied with what was happening - as if he long awaited it - while also there still was a tiny show of anger. "You just want us to push each other around until someone says that they give up?" he cocked an eyebrow. "I don't think that's gonna happen, chief." Aksel, for one, was a person made to get up and keep going until he was dead or physically unable to keep going - not restricted by psychical pain, but rather the actual inability to get up like severely broken bones. "I'm gonna win. I'll never lose. I'll never give up, never give in. And you know that."
    "Shut up." Rakkel warned him, jerking his head back.
    Aksel stared up at her as she went on about something, an soon she started to motion with her hand - the one that held the knife. That blade wasn't a close danger anymore, so since she clearly wasn't smart enough to ho,d him by anything besides hair, he abruptly pulled his head away, pounced to his feet and gave her a hard kick to the shoulder. He backed up two steps and spoke after a pause of silence. "I'll just get out of your sight, how about that? I'll go on the burning pile of stuff you don't need." He gave Astrid a meaningful look at the end. She seemed to understand as she perked up and pointed the gun at Josef. She fired at him, making sure it wasn't a fatal shot before she ran to the open door. She stopped at the doorway, firing a few more shots as she waited for Aksel to come to her. It all happened in the span of a few short seconds, but it seemed long. Her gun was going off. Olav's gun was firing as well. Josef was yelling some profanities while Rakkel attempted to charge with her knife. Though, she was met with the door closing in her face.

Astrid pushed on the door, turning the key to lock it before she looked to the lad beside her. "Are you good?" she asked. She wanted to check him over for any serious injuries, but herself as well. In the adrenaline, it wasn't that hard to miss being grazed by a bullet.
    Aksel glanced back to the closed door, a triumphant glint appearing in his eyes as he heard someone threaten that they're going to kill him. "I'll never die, darlings." he turned to the stairs. "You'll certainly see me again though, just like before. "
    "Come here." Astrid breathed out. She was still shaking a little. She pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and proceeded to work on the handcuffs. She flinched a few times when the banging on the door got louder. She knew the door wouldn't stand there forever. Her hands were shaking too much to do this now, and the lad obviously picked up on that as he shook out of her grip and started going upstairs. She followed closely, looking around the house upstairs.
    "We came with here with Josef's car. His usually has tools in the trunk. Come on." Aksel led her out the house, easily opening doors using his foot since Astrid was busy looking behind them and locking every door they went through. Once out the house, she hurried over to the trunk and opened it up. "There's a lot here."
    After opening the car door for Lykke, Aksel came over, scanning the trunk. "The bolt cutters." he nodded toward the tool, turning his back to the woman then. Now he would have the handcuffs as two beautiful bracelets.
    "Are you going through with The Burning Pile?" Astrid asked. The Burning Pile was a protocol. A really big one. She knew it concluded of the lad burning ties.. literally creating burning piles. All of his residences were getting burned down so that nothing is left in them. Though, the Burning Pile didn't impact just him. It impacted everyone - people inside and some outside the organisation. Because a part of the protocol was leaving all gathered strong evidence against Olav at the doorstep of the police. The Burning Pile essentially was the doom of the organisation.

After getting in the car and driving away from the house just for some safety and distance, Astrid wanted to pull over somewhere to check herself over. Now that she was starting to calm down, she could feel a stinging pain near her ankle. It didn't hurt too much, but she wanted to check it either way. She stopped in some parking lot, staying silent since Aksel was on the phone with Peter telling him that the protocol started.
    As the woman exited the car, Aksel finished up the phone call. There wasn't much that the man could do, but there was one thing, although it wouldn't mean much. The Burning Pile also consisted of deleting every digital file that ever exited on him. If physical ones existed within departments or wherever, that would also be destroyed. It didn't have much on an impact since that won't make police magically forget about him, but it just felt right. Everything would be deleted. Arrests, hospital visits, prescriptions... everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Relaxing back into his seat, Aksel exhaled and then reached down to pet Lykke. He slowly pulled his hands along her head and then down her back, applying pressure to see if she was injured anywhere. He was sure the dog would alert him of any injuries, but he liked to check like this as well and watch if the animal gave any signals of pain through body language. Thankfully, she seemed fine, so he could freely think about other things - like what to take from each of his residences. Some held important stuff that he would have to return for, while all of them had a bag packed and ready in them to grab and leave. That was in case of an emergency. This was an emergency. He was sure that by the time the sun starts going down, his father would have told everyone how he isn't associated with them anymore, meaning he is like any other criminal in town for them. There was no respect in that kind of relationship. It was nothing besides pure hatred. He never liked that.

"Let me look you over." Astrid opened his side of the car, stepping to the side to allow Lykke to get out. She bent down, making a face and sucking in air through her teeth as she saw how much blood there was.
    "It's fine, scalp wounds bleed a lot. I'm fine." Aksel assured her.
    "I don't know Aksel.. it looks bad. What if it's worse?"
    "It's not. I'm obviously fine if I can speak to you, look at you, move... and so on and so on. There's no brain damage because it's a scalp wound. I told you and you know that. Those wounds bleed a lot when you're, in fact, fine."
    "Do you have a headache?" Astrid asked further.
    Aksel gave her a look. Of course it hurt. It was a pulsing pain that gave him a headache, but he managed to put that in the background for himself and concentrate on other things. When she asked him again, he gave her a small nod. "Ja,-"
    "What if you had a concussion?" She immediately fussed, trying to remember if there was a first aid kit in the trunk.
    "Astrid.. "Aksel started, watching as she further panicked about the injury. "Astrid," His voice was more firm this time and she looked over with tiny tears formed at the corners of her eyes. She was stressed out severely by the whole situation. "A headache doesn't mean concussion, untrue? I obviously can focus, I see just fine, I can remember everything that happened and overall I'm feeling fine.. m?"
    "Okay, fine." She nodded, quickly wiping the tears to compose herself. "It's just a lot of blood, that's all. It looks bad. But.. but we're gonna clean it and it's gonna be better." She was fully calm now. "D'you feel pain anywhere else? Like, severe pain.. like, 'we have to check it out now' pain? Not 'this might be a future bruise' pain."
    "I'm fine." He insisted. "Now, will you please drive me to Indie and them? Or do I have to drive myself?"
    "You don't wanna get cleaned up first?"
    "I wanna check on them first." Aksel called Lykke back in the car and then closed the door. "Are you injured?"
    "Nothing serious. A bullet grazed me is all. Olav really doesn't have good aim anymore." Astrid chuckled a little, starting up the car and then driving under the lad's instructions.

Stopping at the parking lot in front of the two buildings, Aksel first noticed that the parking lot was abandoned. The vehicles were there but the group wasn't. He looked to the time the car dashboard displayed. They usually would be out at this time. Slowly getting out the car, he scanned the area and then started going towards one of the buildings.
    Astrid exited the car as well. She went around to the trunk and opened it up to see if there was a first aid kit. There wasn't. Just tools and the bag she grabbed from Olav's house - she recognised it as the bag that Aksel showed her in the cafe earlier in the day. She closed the trunk and hurried to catch up with the lad who waited for her at the entrance of a building.
    Aksel went in first with the dog. He started going up the stairs, planning on going to check on Kirill first. He hadn't gotten a call or anything from the guy about this, so that worried him a little. He stopped as he reached the right door. It was only partially pushed closed, but it couldn't close properly. It was bent. Since he could hear voices inside, he knocked and then pushed the door. Indie and Chim-ki were looking at him now.

"The fuck happened to you?" Indie asked as soon as he processed who it was. He took notice of the separated handcuffs around the wrists of the other. "Violent escape from custody?"
    Aksel didn't reply to him. He was more focused on taking in the state of the place. Everything was trashed. Eventually he looked to Indie. "Where's Kirill?" He asked him quietly, but the other slowly shook his head with a miserable look on his features. "I don't know." Indie told him honestly. "I tried to get in contact, but no use."
    Entering further in, Aksel kept inspecting the state of the place, trying to piece together what happened. There were a few bullet casings on the floor, but there was no blood anywhere, which was a relief. "Is everyone okay?" he asked.
    "No one was too hurt. Their places, on the other hand, are all in bad shape. Prix was the only one shot and it's because the idiot wouldn't comply and just sit to the side."
    "I wouldn't sit to the side either as someone came to trash my place." Aksel said.
    "Yeah.. but hard to make a stand when you don't have a weapon and they have high-powered guns." Indie countered. "I'll rather clean up the mess than lose my head."
    "Is.. uhmm.. the shot friend okay?" Astrid asked.
    "Yeah, it's just a flesh wound. He'll be fine." Indie told her.
    "So no one has any idea where Kirill is?" Aksel asked again.
    "I'm sorry, but no. I don't know where Blitz is either. I'm pretty sure they were both here when it happened, but they vanished since." Indie exchanged a look with Chim-ki, who nodded and slowly left the place.

Aksel looked around a little more. He would find his friend. It was his one and only responsibility after he completes the burning pile tonight. He stopped by a telescope that was tucked in a corner. It was the most expensive thing his friend owned and one of his most prized possessions, but now it was mangled.
    "Where is Kondor?" He turned to Indie again. There was no blood, but also no sight of the gentle dog either.
    "Gem and Ed are preparing Kondor for burial." Indie's voice was barely audible. He took a shaky breath and then exhaled steadily. "Kondor was with Prix and Everest at the time.. you know how the dog liked to go around and be with everyone for a little." he stopped, continuing after the lad nodded. "Well, he was with them.. and, well, you know.. they-they shot the dog. I don't know why. Kondor certainly didn't move a muscle, they just did. He was still alive so we meant to rush him to a vet, but he was dead before we even reached the car."
    Aksel stared at Indie as the guy started shed tears. "I wanna see Kondor." He requested. "And then, I have things to do. But, I'm at your disposal after if you need anything. And you know you can ask for anything from me."
    Indie just gave him a meek nod.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Melanie finishes the last of the calls to customers who would need either refunds or allow her to start on their special orders again. Earlier a police public safety officer stopped by with a brochure on safety measures businesses could take to minimize exposure to crime happening at their locations. Most of the damage has been set for repair which should be done within a week, the glass already cleaned up. Dave has also been called and was advised about Ron in the event he showed up to make an assault report, that had not happened. A check was made with Ron’s real estate firm that he had not returned to the office since leaving at 8:30 AM. With any luck, the guy will be at home tonight where he will have a medical emergency and found by anyone who looks for him the next day. She just has a quick mix of a few chemicals and the nice fast acting toxin would make it seem he had a heart attack. Melanie makes a quick call to Aleece

“Hey Al, I’m about to cut out and swing by home to put together a lil something, dudzie has not been seen since leaving, so far I don’t think he has been chatty…”

Aleece chimes in “What a quinkie dink, he followed me back to my office after I left, he is currently parked a block away, guess he thinks he was being all covert or something.”

“This is better than I thought, here I was wondering if he had run off, I think this might be good. You feel like taking a drive out toward Engineer Bluff? Think it might work out better if he loses control and goes over a cliff, will give him less time to consider saying bad things about us.”

“I was just going to have Eric get hold of someone and have the do a random drive-by. As much of a prick that he was to us, I am sure that it would be a ‘we saw this coming’ when the cops get the call and find him in his car… yea… think the driving over a cliff works too. I’ll grab my jacket and head out. I’ll call you when we are rolling, he would be driving a Grey Town Car.”

Melanie grabs her coat and clutch as she leaves the office making her way out of the store around back to her SUV. Meanwhile Aleece slips her jacket on heading to the elevator. Once at the lobby, she exits the building walking to her car glancing up the street to make sure Ron was still doing a pathetic job of staking out the building. As she starts the car, she pulls onto Dodge street connecting back to Melanie

“Okay girl, I am on Dodge now… “ watching in the rear view, she does not notice any exhaust from the town car as she slows her car “… dunno Mel, the guy sucks at tailing me, but I might need to do a U turn and drive by him, does not look like he has even noticed me, his car does not seem to have even been started.”

“Sounds gool Al, just let me know, I’m on East Chandler now…”

Aleece does a U Turn and starts back down Dodge street now where she will pass right by Ron’s car. As she gets closer to 116th street, she focuses on the drivers side of the town car, a soft giggle comes out as she pulls over a couple car links from Ron. “Hey girl, let me call you back … guy looks like he is slumped over his wheel, think he might have died on up before we could resolve him. Guess I will become a concerned citizen and check on the well being of a random motorist.” as she exits the car. Approaching the driver side window, she notices his face a ash like blue lightly laughing again before composing herself. Now in a more serious tone having dialed 911

“9-1-1, what is your emergency?”

“My name is Aleece Nanfitto, I am at Dodge and 116th, there is a grey Lincoln town car with the driver non responsive and comatose, I need an ambulance and police…”

Moments later sirens fill the street as paramedics and a patrol in the area arrive. Bystanders start to congregate as Ron is removed from the car, within a couple minutes he is declared deceased. Aleece flatly answering the patrol officers questions

“…the car was not typical for this area, I had noticed it parked there with someone in an hour ago, when I went back out and saw the car still parked, it was suspicious so I decided to drive by to get a description of the guy to call it in, with the window not being fogged it started to be clear the driver might have been suffering a medical episode…” as the offices jotted down brief notes for the information report.

As the ambulance loads Ron’s body for transport, Melanie pulls up and parks in a adjacent parking lot and makes her way across the street. She and Aleece head toward a Starbucks, Aleece back to a casual tone

“Looks like he took care of this for us. Now for the interesting thing, he was a majority holder of his real estate group and we do have his agreement to transfer his interests to me, I already have that filed, the medics are looking at this as a heart attack due to his health conditions … you up for a hostile real estate take over girl?”

A gentle smile forms across Melanie’s lips “I feel like being hostile, you work the legal aspect, we could see other accidents happening should the other shareholder want to be a boy and fight us.”

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Indie filed out the room to lead them to where Kondor is, Aksel threw one last glance around. He ended up grabbing his friend's bat and then exiting the room. Astrid followed close by him, unsure what to say. She felt like she should just stay quiet, it wasn't like she liked these people in the first place and she knew if she dared to show too much sympathy the lad would turn on her.
    Going into the different flat, there immediately was a difference from the first one they were in. This one was less trashed, but there was a lot of blood on the floor that Gem was currently trying to clean up.
    "Did someone die?" Astrid asked without thinking much. "That's.. that's a lot of blood."
    "Thighs bleed a lot." Indie told her. "Prix is fine though." he motioned Aksel to come with him to the other end of the room where Everest was. He quietly greeted the guy, who just looked up but didn't say anything - he never was of much words.
    Since Lykke and Kondor basically knew each other since they were puppies, Aksel let his dog approach the dead one wrapped in a thick blanket, while he himself stood back and just watched. Things were piling on. One bad thing after the other. For this, his father's organisation really did deserve to go down. This much violence was uncalled for.

Eventually they left that area. Aksel went with Astrid to her home to get fixed up. He had to wash his head to get as much blood away as possible so that she could bandage it up good. The whole time, Astrid complained about how these wounds were hard to bandage, but eventually she managed to do so and tie it with a knot into place.
    "I look even more manic with this now, m?" Aksel moved as soon as she was done. He picked up his bag and was ready to leave. He had to take things from his places and finally actually initiate the burning pile. Peter informed him mere minutes ago that he was done with his part. Just this, and the protocol was done. Then he could focus on more important things - like finding his friend or just finding out what happened to him.
    "You're gonna have a bruise here." Astrid commented, seeing that the otherwise usually dark eye-bags under his eyes were turning purpleish. "Though.. I don't see that your nose is broken." she had checked already. "He just hit you hard enough to make it bruise then. It's visible."
    "No shit, Astrid." Aksel gave her a look before moving off to the front door. A bruise was a bruise. It's fine. There was nothing broken and no swelling, just meaning that the skin under his eyes and around his nose will be discolored a little for a few days before it all looks well again.

The two said a quick farewell and then parted. Astrid promised to inform a few more people of the plan in mind, the ones that seemed worthy enough to Aksel to know what he's doing. The people he didn't want to incriminate with were kept out of the files he was turning in. They weren't in any evidence, unlike the others from who he and Astrid had collected fingerprints, pictures in crime scenes, videos and alike. He a,ways knew it would be useful, whether as blackmail or a big thing like this.
    In each house, he was quickly in and out. It was always the same thing. Grab a bag that's already there for him to take with important stuff and then a few more things he wanted to take. Going out, the house was ready to g down in flames. They were doused with something flammable and a bomb was planted. When the bomb went off, it would all ignite. So, he had full control over it.

By the tie night fell, he had everything ready. It was dark now and very late. He sat in an off-road car, because it was most effective storage-wise for him right now and it would allow him to not follow a paved road if the need showed itself. He had gone through most of the things he was about to leave in front of the police. Granted, he would leave it in a box sealed well with tape so that it looks suspicious. It would be boring to present it on a silver platter. After making sure that both the digital and on paper files were all correct through all things, like addresses, names, aliases, hide-out spots, crimes... he exited the car and went up to the station. All the lights were off inside. Of course, they weren't present all day. With everything dark around, it wasn't hard to miss the little camera at the entrance with its little red blinking light. It didn't mean much to be videoed doing this, he had looked straight at the camera and stared for a second to show he knew it was there. He placed the box where he knew the camera would be able to film it and then stepped back. He wasn't afraid of being seen leaving this, as his signature was on: A;Bř.g. Whether anyone recognised it as his initials - more or less - was none of his problems. Plus, the camera woul've seen him. He left the box there, had a quick smoke in the car, and then drove away from the station. He didn't go far away from the town. He went to a mall parking lot to watch his show as per usual. The houses going up in flames wasn't something he wanted to miss. He positioned himself on the roof of the car and then pressed the button on the detonator. One by one, the bombs inside the houses went off and the residences were caught in a strong and wild fire within seconds.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112