Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystic Isles [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara’s fists clenched until the knuckles turned white and her shoulders stiffened. Her jade eyes flashed in rage, and a sick feeling came over her. She was startled to notice she was actually trembling.

No! she thought desperately, unsure whether she was referring to the rage within her that was threatening to burst past the bounds of her self-control or to the looming fate of the dragon hatchling.

Calm down, Wynzara, she told herself firmly. There’s no one here worthy of your rage.

She immediately started one of the meditation exercises Master Dane had taught her for controlling her emotions before a fight, closing her eyes and slowly taking deep breaths. She imagined a series of buckets of water pouring their contents over the fire of her anger and quenching it.

When she felt calm again, she opened her eyes, checking to see if the approaching Elf woman had arrived yet.

She was familiar with some of the duplicitous antics of the Elven nobility of Inis, but she couldn’t imagine even the worst of them doing something like this. The best Elves respected life, even the life of a creature as potentially deadly as a dragon. The Elves from her home might participate in killing one, but only in cases where either the dragon was the aggressor and was endangering the their loved ones or it possessed an item the Elf in question desperately needed and there was no way to get it except to help kill the dragon. They would never kill a hatchling for the sake of their own reputation. It was anathema to everything an Elf stood for, to everything she stood for.

She would rescue the egg or die trying.
    Last edited by tbgg; 04-06-2021 at 12:32 AM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace gritted her teeth and balled her fists about as much as Wynzara. She was angry as well, though maybe not exactly for the same reasons. Part of it was shame, as what they were doing wasn't far from what she did.
    She didn't kill anyone unless she had to protect herself, but she lied and she cheated to get what she wanted.
    it was a little strange how she never felt quite this way before.
    Her tears came a little more naturally, and this time she tried to fight them back a little.

She may have swindled people out of some money, but she wasn't a killer. She was better than that.
    Part of her wanted to take the job. Maybe it'll make her a better daughter to do something even remotely good with her skills.
    Besides, that title would have been wrong gained. Killing a baby dragon in a cage is a very sad way to get the title of dragon slayer.

"Well... He's a sad sort, isn't he," She tried to joke as she held back her new tears, "... Alright... I'm, in as long... as I can help my father."
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

As the child led Belladonna toward the small group at the fountain, her ears perked up to listen. As Grandmother often said, “Keep your ears and your wits about you,”. She only picked up the last bit of conversation from the elderly man in the center.

“... their intent is to present the duke's son with a caged baby dragon for him to stab at between the bars, posing little risk to himself. Now do you understand why I am asking this of all of you?" Her eyebrows flew higher than her broom. Her feet crunched on the small bits of rock within the dust of the road as she stopped.

“I don’t mean to intrude, but excuse me?” Her eyes swept over the faces of the others in bewilderment: an elven and half-elven woman and a human man. Only after speaking did she realize their gazes would be on her. Her ghostly complexion turned slightly pink.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara turned to the newcomer, grateful for an excuse to get her mind off of her anger.

She’s really pale, almost ghostly. . Her mind went through a few possibilities as to what the Elf was, but none of them seemed to fit. I suppose I’ll just have to wait to find out.

“We were just introducing ourselves and learning about our mission. You may have heard some of the tail end of that. I’m Wynzara and this here’s Eleace.” She gestured to the half elf. “The man hasn’t told us his name yet. We’ve a dragon egg to rescue before the hatchling can be placed into a cage and given to a Duke who wants to kill the hatchling so he can boast about being a ‘dragon-slayer.’” The scorn that suddenly lit Wynzara’s eyes spoke volumes as to what she thought about that.

Expression returning to normal, she continued, “The pay is good, too, and Blind Willy is providing us with some things we’ll need, most notably a cart and a document giving us permission to be in the moors where the egg is supposed to be.”

“How do you wish to be called?” Wynzara now regarded the Elf steadily, her eyes curious but not unfriendly.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace, getting her own emotions under control, gave a small wave and smaller smile at being introduced. It was nice, but there was a lot going on right now.

The new elf woman was white, a big contrast when you considered Eleace's small tan. Her way of dress wasn't like the rest of the elves. She was an odd one to be sure.
    But if anyone knew, they would definently say the same about her.

Well, it seemed to be going well so far. She was actually a little proud of herself that no one has even picked up on her continuing con... or at least not given hit that they have noticed. It's also great that the only one that seems to know her at all is Blind Willie, or else how would the boy know where to find her or what her name was, but she didn't know the extent about what he knew.

"Willie said his names Revon," she said, making the small correction. "Are you ok if I just call you Willie?"
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Willie is fine," Blind Willie smiled with a shrug. "But all I am asking for is everyone's help to recover some stolen property, for which you'll be well-rewarded."

"If you agree, I will pay for the Adventuring license from the sheriff and all you need to is to prepare your equipment and be at the West Gate tomorrow morning."
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

"Hopefully these people at least paid up front. I don't trust noble folk." Revon spoke, having let the others talk about the young princeling planning to kill a caged dragon. The thought of a noble going through such lazy means to gain a title sounded like the normal plans of the noble families easily. He didn't care to voice his concern, despite the reactions of the others. They all took offence and anger to the killing of a defenseless dragon hatchling. He chose to remain silent while the others talked amongst each other before the addition of a new woman, one that willie had called to join in.

'More people to protect. Why can I not just do it myself, in and out in under a minute.' Revon thought with a groused tone, letting out a huff of air while crossing his arms, letting the party talk about him. Eventually he turned to look towards all three women, glad that he could just let Willie get things settled between them all. Even the slights against his name and appearance were just crumbs on the table.

"This is going to be one heck of an adventure for sure. It will be a treat to work with you three, and here's hoping we all come out of this in one piece. I already have a few idea of some feasts I would attend with that coin." Revon spoke cheerfully as he clapped his hands together.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"First we earn the coin," Blind Willie smiled, heartened by Revon's remark, "Work together and save a young life - if we are all agreed?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara raised an eyebrow at the rogue’s comment about not trusting nobles, but chose to say nothing. She felt sure he would have pegged her as a noble, even if she had run away from that life. She worried that his definition of being “trustworthy” meant letting him screw her and the rest of the party over without a fight. Perhaps he worried the same about her. Perhaps all he knew was to screw others over before they screwed him over.

She didn’t like having to trust him, but her Master had assigned her this task. So she would do her best to complete the mission in spite of her misgivings. He might yet surprise her, especially if she treated him fairly.

“I’ve already given my assent,” she said to Blind Willy. “But I was wondering if Master Dane said anything about the size of the egg and how heavy or bulky it might be, given that we need a wagon to transport it. I’m also wondering whether our wagon is covered. I think we would be prudent to hide what we’re carrying. I’m also wondering if we will be strong enough to get the egg into the wagon in the first place. There is magic that can assist with such a task, but it is not of my line. It would be a shame to rescue the egg, only to be unable to get it into the wagon. There is a device - I’m not sure what it’s called - that you can run a rope around and use to raise or lower heavy items, or smaller items over a longish distance. For instance, I have seen wells with them - you turn a crank and your bucket gets raised or lowered using a rope to or from in the ground where the water is. Will we need such a device? We should probably also have a story ready about what we’re carrying. I’m pretty persuasive, but would want some help figuring out what story to tell.”

She then glanced at her new companions. “I have the feeling this might be more in your areas of expertise than mine.”
    Last edited by tbgg; 04-09-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace Sighed, "it's called a winch, and it's normally connected to a pully, the pair being called a winch and pully. Alternatively, we could also use a block and tackle, which we could use in the same manner," she said, "and as for the story for what's in the wagon. Well... we're getting an adventurers license, a license that would allow us to hunt monsters and bring them back for a bounty, aren't we? So we just show out papers and say we got a good haul. Or We could say we have goods of some sort on their way to an agreed buyer. Merchants do some of that often enough."

Eleace had a successful merchant for a stepfather and her half-sisters were going to be taking it over. turned out what she learned was going to be of some use. what she learned from her sisters was already paying off in other ways, though she wished she didn't need to know any of this stuff.

She figured she had revealed a few things about herself just by coming up with that story. that rogue would certainly have his eyes on her, and she'd only be glad it would be for a reason other than her being attractive.
    Maybe Willie knew a bit more about her than she let on, but it wasn't good to make assumptions one way or another.

"I'm only doing this for my father and the dragon. And nobles should learn how to work their butts off for those titles," she said.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast