Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystic Isles [IC]

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"The wagon was just to transport everyone," Blind Willie interrupted. "From what I gathered, when Stewart left, he was carrying a heavy pack. I think even Dane would notice his serf stealing the egg if he had to load it onto a wagon."

Blind Willie paused. "Unless it was already stolen?"

He turned his head towards Wynzara. "Dane never said how big it was, I just assumed Stewart just carried it out the day he left. Maybe in a barrel? Who's going to notice a serf with a barrel?"

"You should ask your master how big it was," Blind Willie said. "If it was snuck out in a barrel, see if there's a wheelbarrow you can use to get it out? I'll get a block and tackle ready."
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-12-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara nodded. She’d been telling her master he needed to communicate more and yet the man remained cryptically terse. Looking around at her new companions, she said, “Any of you who so wish are welcome to come with me, but I’ll warn you, Master Dane is known as The Faceless One for a reason. He was involved in a magical mishap that resulted in people feeling sick if they look on his face for too long. I know how to speak with him without being affected by that and can get in, ask what needs asking, and get out, but if any of you have concerns about my motives, I’m giving you a chance to accompany me, even though you will slow me down.”

She then waited to see if anyone wished to take her up on her offer.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I suppose I'll go," Eleace said a little reluctantly. "At least it'll give me some time to know some of my associates."

The faceless one did seem appropriate for the situation, but was also ominous.
    At least he still had a face... or so it sounded.

She looked at the others for a moment.
    "Anyone else?" She asked.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Paregol came into the marketplace, and as he had expected there were plenty of people milling about, as was frequently the case much of the day, every day. He did not care for it being like this, but as his friends were not at their usual meeting place at the hall, he found he had the time to gather some groceries that he did not usually do at this time, preferring to do that the earliest hours on the days he went there. He came near to where the fruit venders were, and he wedged through the people standing around there to come and make his purchases. Among the choices there were large luscious berries in very good condition at a good value, and he gladly bought a bag of those. As he moved again, looking around, he saw one group of people that seemed really noticeable to him, by a fountain. Were those elves he saw among them? It made him aware again of his elvish descent. Though he did not know much from it, and passed as one of any mantype humans, he had dealt with some people asking what his descent was, or if he was part elvish. He could tell he could see much better in dim light than others could, surely from that elvish descent. It was enough to interest him, that he had learned what he could of the Ijián elvish speech. And it was just too bad, he felt sometimes, that he did not give the attention he might have to the speech he could use when he was a little boy, in a past life that was far away from this city that was where he made his home now for many years, thanks to Sanebel who had been his guide, his mentor and his trainer.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 04-17-2021 at 01:26 AM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Jenny frowned, seeing Paregol across the way. She reached over and tugged on Blind Willie's sleeve.

"Yes, child?" he asked leaning forward. Jenny whispered in his ear.

"Interesting," he smiled. "Fortune may yet smile on us. Jenny, why don't you fetch the man over?"

"That'll cost you extra," she warned. Blind Willie laughed hard, but nodded. The blond-haired girl darted across the market, coming up around behind him, then tugged on his sleeve.

"Sir," she said, "The Father asks if you would join them, he's willing to pay a silver shilling for your time."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Paregol turned and looked at this young one. Few so young approached him now at this age, this was something unexpected. "The Father?" Paregol responded. He wondered, it must mean a human person nearby. He briefly studied Jenny's face, and saw no slight indication of deceit. "Where would the Father be, now?"

Jenny promptly pointed off in a direction. Paregol looked off that way. She was certainly pointing to where there was that group of people by the fountain that had caught his attention. There, indeed, was one older man that might be known as "the Father", sitting there among that group.

Paregol thought to himself, "This just might be interesting." He turned to Jenny again. "Very well. Lead me then to the Father who sent you."

Jenny then still held onto his sleeve as if to not lose him going through the crowd on that street as they went toward that group. Paregol then took a good look at each of the people there. The older man was in patchy clothing, with rather wild hair, and a good look showed him this man must be blind. Indeed two of the people here were elves, another one here was at least part elf by descent, as Paregol was.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 04-23-2021 at 01:26 AM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

The others were talking about who should go back with Wynzara to question Mage Dune, but he was craning his head, listening for Jenny's soft footfalls on the cobble.

"Master?" Jenny asked. "I brought him."
    "Thank you Jenny," he said, then glanced up and to her left. "Good morrow to you, sir. I am William the beggar, although most call me 'Blind Willie.' May I know your name, sir?"

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace looked over at the newcomer. He looked a bit soft for a human.
    She only just remembered to shift a little uncomfortably. She was in a group of strangers with another walking in, innocence would look a little nervous.

She stayed silent as Willie spoke to the man. She looked around at everyone else hoping to receive some sort of answer on who else would be going with her and Wynzara. Well, at least she'd be with another girl if no one else went. Though that thought was of some comfort, it was also disturbing for her at the same time as it was a reflection of how far she had come since the pact with her patron.
    Those looks after that witch of a sister of his...
    She suppressed a shiver at the thoughts running through her head.

Well, no she rested a hand on her sword hilt and the other on her hip as she looked around and waited, making sure not to look too confident, and making it clear that she wasn't keeping watch or looking for a fight. Just an honest, uneasy girl waiting for things to get done so she can go about her day
    Gosh, how situations like this frustrated her.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Paregol looked at "Blind Willie" carefully to be discerning, for how he would address him, and considered those others nearby. He then responded, "Willie, if I may call you so, I am Paregol by name. I was found by Sanebel, a native mage here, known to many, when I was but a small child kidnapped from my home far away, and after long travels by sea I was taken by Sanebel here to raise me, being my guide, my mentor and my trainer, from so many things he knew. And I learned many more things growing up here. Sanebel has recently retired from his official position, and I look currently for what what work there is around that might need my abilities, that I will be more supportive for Sanebel. It seems that perhaps you might have some special work in mind."

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Sanebel," Blind Willie considered. "Isn't he of the line of Corwin? Is that your line as well?"

"These others will try to rescue a dragon egg," he explained. "We're not sure how heavy it is, but if you can levitate it, we wouldn't need risk a block and tackle."

He paused, cocking his head slightly. "Well, you interested?"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast