Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mystic Isles [IC]

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Paregol responded, "So, when the dragon hatches from the egg the Duke of Killingsgate will slay it while it is defenseless and has no chance. Truly, there should be a rescue of the dragon egg from that fate, indeed. I wait to know the terms with the reimbursement for it. But in the event that I am there and a dragon approaches to take the egg from us when we would have it, I should not be expected to make any intervention to keep the egg from the dragon. With knowing this one side of the story, we should know however we can what Master Dane himself would be doing with the egg he somehow obtained from a dragon."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace opened her mouth every now and then to say something, but decided on keeping quiet.
    "Ah," she finally said once she was done and she started to think. "Your father has been busy," she says as her face goes red at the thoughts running through her head as she continues to follow.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Dane groans, his hand, more of a lump of swollen flesh with little stubby fingers, fumbled grasping the leather jack, falling to the ground and spilling his imported caffe.

He sighed, then got up to cross over to the mirror and shucking back the hood.

It was swollen, his right cheek throbbing with the beat of his heart. Strange bands of color were appearing, and his eyes were yellow but bloodshot. He was going to be completely useless until this change completed.

He stumbled over his feet and yelled down through the speaking tube. "Cook! Send up a tray with a mug of caffe and some sweetbread. Knock and leave the tray at the door."
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara led Eleace into Master Dane’s dwelling, then up toward her Master’s quarters. She told Eleace, “Don’t look at him directly if he lets us in where he is. Look at the ground or something if you can.”

Knocking on her master’s door, she called, “Master Dane, it’s me, Wynzara. We need some information about the item you want picked up. Is it safe to come in, or would you prefer to speak through the door?”

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"You've seen it often enough," Dane calls out. "Come on in."

He was was seated in a chair at his desk, staring in fascination at the mirror. The face was red, with black spots and lines, and there were small stumps of horn jutting from the skull top.

"No idea what's up with this," he muttered, then turned to the door. "Oh, there's two of you?"

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara smiled in her Master’s direction, but was careful not to look directly at him. “Indeed, Master. This is Eleace, and she is one of the people helping to find your egg. Eleace, this is Master Dane.”

“Master, we need to know more about the egg. How large is it, and what were you planning to do with it before it was stolen? I wouldn’t normally butt into your business like that, but there are those among our number who are concerned your purpose for the egg may be no better than that of the noble who wants to kill the dragonet inside for the sake of a title.”

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace blushed and began to look just off to the man's side when she realized she was looking directly at him.
    The guys seemed lightly deformed, but how he managed to get such buzzar coloration she had no idea. And those horns. Were they painful?

She gave a small bow and added a small bit of strain in her voice for added effect when she said "It's a please, sir." As she was introduced. She still wanted to keep the guise of innocence, but she didn't want to put that much strain in her voice.

Her eyes ended up wondering the room just to do anything but look at the man... and maybe learn more about him as well as you can tell a bit about a person by what they had and where. Her hand raising her head on it's own to rub it at the thought of those horns, but she would quickly put it back down when she realized what she was doing.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Dane blinked, his eyes going from ordinary to red and black pattern in between blinks, then his eyes narrowed and his mouth curled up in a snarl, showing off a growing incisor. "Kill it? They're going to kill it?"

He stood up, knocking the chair over. "Willie never told me that! What kind of idiot kills a baby dragon just to get themselves a title?"

"That egg was entrusted to me by its mother!" Dane seethed, his taloned fingers curling up, pricking his palms. "I swore an oath to make sure it stayed safe and would grow in its own time!"

"Who has it?" he demanded. "I can ensure no two stones of that house will remain standing if the dragon dies! Who?"

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Speaking calmly, Wynzara replied, “We do not have a name, only a location. And we also do not have proof that the noble in question has it, only suspicion. So I believe it to be premature at this time to give you that information. Master, you know how easily frightened people can be of magic. I do not wish to see you face the consequences for the actions you propose should our information be incorrect. Once we return, though, we should have confirmation of our suspicions, and I promise to tell you more at that time.” More earnestly, she added, “And I also vow to treat the vow you swore to the dragonet’s mother as my own. You are my Master, after all.”

“Now, we still need to know the size and weight of the egg. This will help us know if we need to bring something to lift it, and whether it can be hidden in something like a barrel. It might also offer insight into how the egg was stolen in the first place.”

“And I believe your, and now my, vow to the egg’s mother will ease the minds of those in our party who were worried about that.”

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Dane glares at her angrily for a long moment, then reluctantly sighs.

"You're... right, of course," he admits grudgingly, then walks back to his desk, sitting heavily in the chair.

"The egg is smaller than most," he said at last, "about the size of a man's head. Runts usually do not survive long in the wild, mothers will push them out of the nest if they can't develop. By giving it to me, she was giving it a chance for survival."

He paused, looking back seriously from his chair. "And I mean to give it that chance."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast