Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Mystic Isles [IC]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace didn't notice she was holding her breath till she let it out. This who woman thing was really messing with her. First being shorter than most men, and then theirs other lady things... now was not the time for such thoughts.

"Uh, I wish to take this vow as well," she finally said, wishing she didn't sound as timid or shaky as she felt. But it would be in her best interest to get into this man's good graces. "Besides helping an amazing creature to survive, being the aunt of a dragon sound pretty cool." She tried to joke as she looked at the man for a moment before remembering to look away with red covering her face.

She was a little annoyed with herself, though, as she got so distracted by the man's tirade to pay any attention to the room amd it's contents.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara smiled at Eleace. “Thanks for making the vow. I wasn’t expecting that.”

She then turned back to her master, keeping her eyes lowered. “Is there anything else you think we need to know?”

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Actually, yes," Dane replied, watching Eleace curiously, a faint grin beginning to curl his black-and-vividly red lips. "Newborn dragons when they hatch are hungry. They can start eating right away, so their mother makes sure to bring in some food, a few heads of cows or sheep, for example. So if it's hatched, it's going to be drawn to food - and will bite if someone's not careful."

He paused, waving his hand around the room at the reading stand where the magic books where chained up - not to keep them from being stolen, he had explained to Wynzara, but to keep them from escaping. And the bookcases at his back filed with ordinary books and small chests, which screened the casual viewer from his bed, or the various papers on his desk.

"I've cast an enchantment to hide my room from strangers," he smiled, looking expectantly at Eleace. "Tell me, what do you see? Is it clear, or out of focus, or covered in mists, or...?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace blinked, she neglected to see if the place was magic or not and was taken by surprised.
    He seemed to be testing her, to see what she could do.

"Well, besides the chained bookcase, it looks pretty normal. I was expecting something a little more... eccentric" she lied, "though if I try to focus on certain things, like the papers on your desk, or your chest, it gets really blurred. She hoped that wasn't sweat running down her neck.
    This guy knew something, or suspected, and wanted to confirm it. But what? That she knew magic? That she was different?

She had to remind herself again not to look at him.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara nodded. “Yes, Blind Willie mentioned something about the purchasing of a lot of fish being one of the things that led him to suspect who he does. Perhaps we can acquire a few cattle or sheep as part of our cover. I’ll suggest that upon our return.”

She noted her master’s questioning of Eleace and her new acquaintance’s response. She thought Eleace seemed a little nervous about something, but unless Wynzara felt her master was taking things too far, she would not interfere. She hoped it wouldn’t be necessary, given that she had already defied him by not telling him what he wanted to know about who had taken the egg. It wouldn’t do for an apprentice to contradict her master too often. And, she admitted to herself, she would learn a lot about Eleace by how she handled Master Dane.

She would wait for a sign her Master was finished questioning Eleace before she suggested returning to the market.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Dane scowls, shaking his head. "Still seeing too much! How can I protect the egg if people can still see what's in the room?"

He stood up suddenly, walking over to the reading stand with its chained books, who immediately began to jostle on the shelf, making the chains chime as they struck one another.

"Tell Willie I want the egg back soon!" he instructed his apprentice, then waved them out the chamber door.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Eleace silently let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, and followed the gestured command to leave.

"Well, he's certainly eccentric," she said, and was at least pleased with the fact that she had to make herself sound more uneasy than she felt, "but he's a little scary, too."

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

“I’ll tell him, Master,” Wynzara promised as she left her master’s chambers.

When they were outside of her master’s dwelling, she replied, “Eccentric, definitely. I think at least some of the scariness is because he wants to be obeyed. I’ve found him to be a good man underneath all of that, as you might surmise from his promise to the dragonet’s mother.”

She didn’t add that his transformation or whatever it was worried her. That was a subject best kept to herself. The last thing her Master needed was word getting out about how he was changing. There was no telling how people would choose to interpret it, and she didn’t want to be responsible for something bad happening.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"I hope the others get back soon," Blind Willie sighed. "Need to get the license arranged, then get you all on the road before it's too late."

Ordinarily, he'd leave the Duke alone, but that family....! Willing to do even that to get themselves ahead?

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

After Paregol spoke, he waited for this Blind Willie to respond to him. Those two others were going quickly off to that Master Dane to find out what they could about that leader sending any who would be commissioned out to get the dragon egg taken from him back. But this Blind Willie sat there not speaking anymore, while the other one Paregol had seen with him stood off a little more aloof. Paregol decided that Blind Willie was mulling over what Paregol had brought up, to answer what the offer might be. So it would be better for him to wait and let Blind Willie process it and answer him then. But he waited and waited, and became self-conscious. Would Blind Willie have thought that all those he had gathered all went off together, to see Master Dane, as a group? Now he could not speak up, could he? He wondered what he should say or do now. Perhaps Blind Willie did not want to make the offer that Paregol was worth with what he could offer. He wanted to find jobs that matched what he could really do. If this which seemed to be it would not be offered to him, why should he still be here when he might figure out where he would still be wanted with his abilities? But then he saw further on in the distance where the two had gone both of them returning from there. And just then he heard Blind Willie speak.

"I hope the others get back soon. Need to get the license arranged, then get you all on the road before it's too late."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast