Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Mystic Isles [IC]

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Belladonna listened as the conversation progressed. She gave her small answers when asked. She was nervous about the prospect of a quest, but her horror at the treatment of an innocent creature outweighed any anxiety. Soon, two of the others took off to speak to somebody else, which struck her as odd. Couldn’t they leave whenever they wanted? But then she thought about whether or not she could, and remembered Grandmother. Perhaps this “Master Dane” was like their own Grandmother.

Come to think of it, what would Grandmother think of this? She might not approve. The old woman was wily, and sometimes strict. She’d had to fight for decades for the freedom to live on her own. Of course she still loved Grandmother, of course she would visit often, of course she would be safe and smart and sneaky. It was like Grandmother didn’t trust her or something. But that would be ridiculous, of course Grandmother trusted her. She was just over-protective, that was all. She had never spoken of what had happened to Belladonna’s parents, but she had alluded that it had been some terrible event that was too painful to speak of. She didn’t want to lose Belladonna too. Of course, yes, that was it.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Fantasy, Adventure
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Wynzara was relieved to finally get back to Blind Willie and the others. She was ready to get on with the rescue.

She announced, “The egg is about the size of a man’s head head and it’s a runt. My master swore a vow to the mother he’d do everything possible to see it gets a chance at life, which would be difficult for it if it remained in the nest and had to compete against its older nestmates. Eleace and I have adopted that vow as our own.”

She asked Blind Willie, “Do we have any food for it? It’s going to be hungry when it hatches, and we obviously don’t want it eating one of us.”

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She gave a nervous smile at being mentioned in the vow. She was trying to stay out of the spotlight. But it was better to look a little nervous than to look angry when you're trying to play even a sprinkling of innocence.

"we can catch some fish or go to another market." Elease suggested, "... Or we can steal from the nobles stores. They already have all the food it needs for a bit, so why let it go to waist?"

She rubbed her arm a little as she looked around the area. Always have a way out. Someone may come to take you on, or someone's gonna find you out. That's how it always went.
    She noted some easy ways to get on the roof tops and the small groups wondering around. There did seem to be a few rough characters about, but no one with any remote interest in her besides the group she was with now.
    But she kept an eye out, trying to keep an ear on the conversation.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Paregol felt relief about it when he finally heard this Master Dane had been protecting the dragon's egg and had not actually snatched it and made away with it from the mother. That still left questions, but certainly with this being the case the dragon's egg would be better returned to that man, than to be left to its fate after being stolen, for a cheat to become known as a dragonslayer.

Now, there remained the arrangements to be communicated, and the reimbursement and rewards possible. He looked again at this Blind Willie, who had summoned him and these others here, wondering what he had been thinking.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

There was a rustling at one end of the market - soldiers were coming in.

"Jenny," Blind Willie said desperately, grabbing the girl's arm. "Go find Mongo, tell him to find the first transportation and to get it to the West Gate in one hour."

The girl gave him a startled look, but took off, quickly weaving through the crowds and almost immediately out of sight.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I think someone's realized my intentions and intends to round everyone up. I need you to get away from this market and meet up at the West Gate. Look for the largest man you can find there who has a wagon, tell him Will Bonney sent you."

He paused, tilting his head. "Well, what are you waiting for? Get going now! If they get you all then that dragon's got no chance of all, but if they only catch me that may stop them looking for a bit! Go hunting for food out there or find what they've got at the manor house to feed it!"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Uh... see you there," She tried, but it was hard to put on a mask of innocence at this moment.
    She make a brisk walk for the nearest alleyway, trying not to look like she was trying to get away from something, but more like she had other things that needed to be done.
    Once inside the alley, she continued walking farther down, weaving her way to a more secluded portion with no one else in sight before making her way onto the roof tops. She cursed her breasts, and not for the first time as they seamed to get in the way of more than climbing.

Once on top of the roof, she made sure to pull up her hood and stay low as she moved away from the market amongst the closer roofs and around to the gate. She was planning on dropping down about half way, but that was then, and she needed to make sure not to be caught skulking around right now.
    Maybe she'd do a street performance. She did still have an hour.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Others there who Paregol had originally seen gathered around Willie started moving in various directions just then. Paregol said to himself, "This man is blind, but his senses to perceive are phenomenal, even good alert hearing I have did not have me notice guards coming into this marketplace, until Willie mentioned it just now!" Paregol decided it would not be good to go in a direct line to the West Gate, as guards could probably spot any coming from the fountain going that way easily. At least there were crowds still in most of the market area. He hurried to a small side street close by leading from the market area another way. It would be best, he thought, if he went on directly to the hall, if any of the friends were there now, he could say then what he found happening here. It was a questionable enterprise, he realized. He did not know how it would be a worthwhile pursuit, nothing had been discussed for that, and there was suddenly no opportunity for that, and yet... and yet, there could be a chance for something, and it would be a good thing to rescue the stolen dragon egg from its fate for a cheat to be known as a dragonslayer. So, he thought, he would really go do that, even without knowing enough, which he should. He might still ask others from there, if they did indeed meet at the West Gate, what that was worthwhile Willie would have said to them about this.

When he came to the hall, he thought further that he should go a bit more prepared. He could return to the home that Sanebel the mage shared with him, for needed preparation to go. Then he saw Piltar, one of the friends he had, there already, he was looking at a book. Paregol approached him, and saw what it was. "You are trying to learn a spell! I am impressed! I cannot be of any help now. I was just offered some kind of opportunity, it will be a job in which I would be going away for a while, maybe a few days even. I will just say it might correct an injustice."

Piltar seemed to understand, and Paregol told him then, "I must return to the High Mage's home, to prepare and bring what I might need for this. I need to get back to that soon, so there is no time for me to stay here."

As Paregol went on, he thought of his spellbook, which he should have along with him.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 06-07-2021 at 01:16 AM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Belladonna’s attention immediately snapped to the guards. They often didn’t like her, even if some of them had taken midnight trips to her backwood apothecary. She nodded to Willie as she half-heard his instructions.

“One hour, West Gate, find food. Thank you, Willie.” She hunched her back and walked away from the guards, trying to be inconspicuous. As soon as she left their vision, she held out her hand for her broom, speaking the command words for grow and fly. She sat astride the broom as it rose into the air, then shot off like an arrow loosed from a bow. She didn’t know what she would do for the next hour, but she did know she would need her spellish things. As fast as she should, she rode home.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

The stones of the fountain shook to the thunder of so many marching feet. When it peaked and suddenly stopped, Blind Willie knew he was surrounded. Of the others, he hoped enough of them slipped away unharmed.

"Are you William Boney, also known as Blind Willie?" someone asked close by.

"I'm Blind Willie," the begger admitted.

"I am to place you and any of your confederates we come across into the dungeon for the time being," the voice said. "Do not resist."

"Who's resisting?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Once he had unlocked the door at the front at the nice large home the mage Sanebel shared with him, with the key he carried, he closed it behind him and hurried across the entrance room to the hall on the other side. Along the way he saw the young servant there at a cleaning task in the prep room, who looked up at Paregol, and then continued at work. He came to the door to the room where he kept useful materials, and going to a drawer which he pulled out, he brought out the spell book he knew he should bring. As he looked around for what else could be of use in the endeavor ahead of him, the mage Sanebel came to the door.

"You are back early this time, a little surprising."

Paregol answered, "I found a job for me, it is yet unclear what the terms are, it involves a valuable item stolen from Master Dane, there are a few of us being hired to find where it is thought to be kept now, to take hold of it and bring it back. I could be gone for a few days involved with this."

Mage Sanebel said, "This is very concerning. I would need to warn you about involvement with that, there are things you should know about this."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast