Thread: A Dark And Stormy Cliche

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Default A Dark And Stormy Cliche

It was a dark and stormy night. Sorry, I’ve always wanted to start a post with that. If you feel the same way but were put off by writing such a corny cliche then worry no more - in this competition event we are going to embrace the cliches!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a short story starting with a cliche prompt, the list of which is given below. Use tried and tested story tropes, or twist them, or take your story off in a new direction entirely - the choice is yours! For more details, see the handy dandy list of rules:

Rules:

1. Your story must start with one of the following lines:
    • Why me, I thought, why is it always me.
    • He was just an ordinary boy.
    • If you’re reading this, you might be wondering...
    • Our story begins in a tavern.
    • It is a truth universally acknowledged that…
    • This is it, she told herself - today is the day.

2. As a guide, word count should be between 500 and 2000.

3. If the story is M or R rated, please label it as such. Obviously, all the standard RPA rules also apply.

4. One submission per player.

5. Please submit your entry to me, @Azazeal849; in a PM with “Dark and Stormy Cliche” as the subject. Do not post your entries in this thread.

6. Deadline for submission will be midnight EST on the 30th of April

7. After the deadline all submissions will be posted and a poll will be created to determine the winner! If we have a tie, I will summon my fellow staff members to decide our victor.

And lastly, a big thank you to our organisers of this event in previous years, such as @G; and @Death of Korzan;
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 03-31-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Submissions

I will post submissions here as I receive them! Once again, please do not post your submissions directly into this thread.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action/Adventure
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Spoiler: He was just an ordinary boy {M to be safe} 
    Find a tale or three or five to read but be warned. It is never easy to see where the plot may be going As the Story Crumbles