Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: RPApril 2021 - chatter thread!

  1. #11
    Member
    Alura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wherever I land.
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asharasahara View Post
    I have no concept of length. I kinda just write and watch the word count as I go. It's why I've strung stories across prompts and even then my ending is usually rushed and my middle sags.
    Ah, that does make me feel better at least! I don't write in a format that gives me a word count until I'm finished. Perhaps I should do for things like this to save myself the agony in the end.

    As with writing so with people: tight ends are forever, but our middles usually sag at some point! Might as well reflect.

    Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

  2. #12
    Member
    asharasahara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    In the library.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action/Adventure
    Posts
    757
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alura View Post
    Ah, that does make me feel better at least! I don't write in a format that gives me a word count until I'm finished. Perhaps I should do for things like this to save myself the agony in the end.

    As with writing so with people: tight ends are forever, but our middles usually sag at some point! Might as well reflect.
    I look forward to reading all your pieces and hope you get to explore new things in the progress!

    Ah, life lessons. Gotta love them.
    Find a tale or three or five to read but be warned. It is never easy to see where the plot may be going As the Story Crumbles

  3. #13
    Member
    Alura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wherever I land.
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asharasahara View Post
    I look forward to reading all your pieces and hope you get to explore new things in the progress!

    Ah, life lessons. Gotta love them.
    Thank you, and same to you! I enjoyed your 'Piper's Gallery' posts in the Halloween event, so looking forward to seeing what you submit for RPApril!

    Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

  4. #14
    The Replicant
    Azazeal849's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    347

    Default

    New prompts are up for the marathon and the decathlon!

    (Old prompts remain available to write until the end of the month)
    Spoiler: My RP links 

    PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.


  5. #15
    The Scottish Fluff
    Scottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Supernatural threads, fantasy mythology but I'm up to give everything a try
    Posts
    7,443
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omac View Post
    I'm excited! I'm going to try to do everything this year.

    I think we may dust off a special badge for those that try to post in everything this year!! Even if it is only one week or one part of the event!! Good luck to you all


    Go vote for RPA!!

  6. #16
    Member
    Alura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wherever I land.
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Uh oh, Omac's going for world domination again.

    Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

  7. #17
    The Invisible One
    InfraredHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A Castle in the Sky
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    407

    Default

    Classic Omac, always trying to take over the world

    Spoiler: Some Amazing Quotes 

  8. #18
    The Replicant
    Azazeal849's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    347

    Default

    Omacian world domination will not stop me from getting the third prompt up for the Decathlon and the Marathon!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

    PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.


  9. #19
    Give into Decay...
    Omac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    RPALandia
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    RPAFanfiction
    Posts
    14,338
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I think we may dust off a special badge for those that try to post in everything this year!! Even if it is only one week or one part of the event!! Good luck to you all
    Awesome. I will try, especially since Marathon isn't dated anymore and I'm able to fall behind a bit. Or a lot. Which is my normal for the beginning of April haha. I need to pay the motivation fairy. I think it's gone on strike. Can they do that? I didn't think they could do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alura View Post
    Uh oh, Omac's going for world domination again.
    Oh no. Not this time. I'm just trying to do completely normal harmless non-domination related writing. I'm saving all the world domination stuff for later.


    The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

    Spoiler: The winner is... 

  10. #20
    Member
    Alura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wherever I land.
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Rage against the machine, Az!

    Quote Originally Posted by Omac View Post
    Awesome. I will try, especially since Marathon isn't dated anymore and I'm able to fall behind a bit. Or a lot. Which is my normal for the beginning of April haha. I need to pay the motivation fairy. I think it's gone on strike. Can they do that? I didn't think they could do that.
    You know how it is. The Christmas elves unionised and now everyone is doing it. Can't spell fairy without 'fair'. Or so they keep chanting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omac View Post
    Oh no. Not this time. I'm just trying to do completely normal harmless non-domination related writing. I'm saving all the world domination stuff for later.
    That seems like exactly what someone keen on world domination would say...

    Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •