Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SLJ: Supernatural League for Justice

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Recruiting SLJ: Supernatural League for Justice

----------World description----------
    Throughout history, supernatural forces have influenced Earth's inhabitants. Birthing and changing the species known as humans on an individual level. By the 1900's these super humans had largely stepped out of myth and into the spotlight. Some used their power to help the world, while others used it to challenge the world. This was known as the Heroic age. Events near the end of the 1900's caused mass devastation and isolated forces had to combine to stop the calamity. This organized force of protection became known as the Supernatural League for Justice. Its goal is to put an end to the anarchy of individual super humans clashing. No more heroes, no more villains. There are now only Peacekeepers which represent the SLJ and Earth's interest, and Vigilantes who refuse to conform or actively wish to destroy Earth's natural state of existence.

Based out of the floating city of Sanctum high above rebuilt Horizon city in North America, the SLJ departments for Magic, Religion, and Science monitor and control all aspects of reality around Earth independent of national governments. Super humans from all over flock to this city set aside from the world as a place of sanctuary, security, and recruitment. Many humans rely on the SLJ for protection, while many others object to "being ruled" by a society of aliens, mutants, and other strange beings. While detecting and facing threats from outer space, other dimensions, and even from Earth's own inhabitants, the members of the league must struggle with their greatest challenge of all; trying to live the normal life that was denied to them.

Active: YES
    Genres: Adventure, Divine, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi
    Themes: Ideology, Permanent change/death, Romance, Superhero, Violence
    ----------Supernatural Profile----------

Name/Title: Name and alias
    Age/Maturity: definable
    Gender/Sex: preference/type
    Race/Species: human/other
    Abilities/Powers: detailed
    Affliction/Weakness: important
    Equipment/Items: optional
    Occupation/Job: department
    Skills/Talents: training
    History
    Archived backstory here.

----------League Members----------
    Spoiler: Orion/Vega 
    Spoiler: Ascashi 
    Spoiler: Rigel 
    Spoiler: Kimiko (Partners OC) 
    Spoiler: Taurius 
    Spoiler: Scarlett (Partner's OC) 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

What's the challenge in this game?
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Greetings! Sorry for the long response, its been hell trying to land our new home.

Not sure what you mean by challenge. Its an RP for a post superhero setting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hi! I'm new here. Could I maybe enrol in this game please? I have a character I made for a Marvel X-men-type game but maybe she will do here, too?

Name/Title: Zara Chang / "Zero-G"
    Age/Maturity: 22 years old
    Gender/Sex: female
    Race/Species: human (mutant)
    Abilities/Powers: Zara has the ability, through careful concentration, to affect how her body interacts with gravity. She can make herself much lighter by degrees, controlling vectors of gravity, and even weightless. She is also an Olympic-standard gymnast, and these skills mesh together to giver her super-enhanced speed, agility and reflexes. She can bounce off walls and ceilings like Spider-Man, and glide in an approximation of short range flight. She can also generate high-gravity energy fields around her body, which in tandem with her Kung Fu training, allows her to (literally) punch and kick above her weight.
    Affliction/Weakness: Although physically very fit, Zara is otherwise a normal (very slender) human being, and as fragile as a ballerina. She has no protection from psionic attack.
    Equipment/Items: None - the nature of her powers means she cannot carry equipment and even heavy clothes interfere with her abilities. When she is "Zero-G" she wears an ultralight gymnastics leotard.
    Occupation/Job: **depends where exactly in her story arc we pick this up - see history below**
    Skills/Talents: gymnastics, stealth, infiltration, disabling security systems, martial arts (Kung Fu).

History: Zara was trained in gymnastics from early childhood in the Chinese Olympic training programme. When her powers became apparent she was plucked out by a secret government agency and trained in stealth, infiltration and disabling security alarms. She was also trained in hand-to-hand martial arts (she cannot carry heavy weapons when using her powers), then sent to the US as a spy and planted in Stanford University. By day she was a shy foreign student, by night she was stealing industrial secrets and sending them back to the motherland.

From a very sheltered background, Zara became enchanted by American culture and freedoms, and also on one mission to steal diplomatic files discovered atrocities performed by the Chinese government, which dented her loyalty. Perhaps sensing that her usefulness was coming to an end, her handler outed her to the US authorities as part of an exchange deal to save a senior Chinese diplomat that had been caught breaking US laws. China abandoned Zara, telling the Americans she was a rogue agent. She was imprisoned and suffered enhanced interrogation and became disillusioned with her former employer. She felt like a tool that was abused and then abandoned.

Then SHIELD (or the SLJ???) stepped in and made her an offer. Now she senses an opportunity to do something good for the planet, not just one country, and has thrown her loyalty behind this new cause.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sure sounds perfect to me! Any superhero type worlds fit in just fine.

Do you have any stories with her you want to continue, or make a new one up? I can make a 1x1 until more faces pop up so she can get started.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Cool thanks!

I guess if we start with her being the captured/disillusioned spy, then sent to SLJ and the offer of recruitment, that makes it a nice blank slate to build from. She will be a newbie and have something to prove then - like me!!

I'm super excited to be in my first game!

What's the expected posting rate?

Also... I keep trying to upload pictures. It says the size is wrong but I tried a tiny one and it still didn't work. Maybe it's because I'm not an established member yet.

Let my try now:

It worked yippee!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I can see the picture fine here. As an artist I upload tons of visualization so it really helps. The best solution I have found it Imgur links cause you can go back and crop images to better fit the threads! I do not believe membership changes anything. As someone returning to internet RPs it took me awhile to get acclimated again.

I have become very used to posting 1x1s via my phone over the years, so I respond constantly, but I recognize and remember that on forum style RPs, reposting can take awhile as others have different schedules and time zones. So as much as you want is my best answer. I will certainly be a very active responder to anything Im a part of!

The profile looks fine, and the picture works great so I will make the first post!
    SLJ: The Zero-G Experience

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Just wanted to say enjoying this so far. If I screw anything up please don't get mad - tell me if I do something wrong and I'll try to fix it. It's only us two, not like we have a massive audience, so retcons are fine by me!!

Thank you again for your time on this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thank you. I've a long history of 1x1 RPs so it's a fine way to get warmed up again.

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Just a heads up, I might think about adding a character. Just as a thought bubble, you have added the story in the Sci-Fi area however giving it a 1X1 in the title could distract people from joining (there are many who would see the 1 X 1 and just read the story as it is an expectation that 1 X 1 are only between two writers). Unless this is now as the title shows a 1 X 1 where I would continue reading how this story develops

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast